All Comments on 'The Old House on Drury Lane'

by Smuttyandfun

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Wonderful!

Great story, especially if one believes in ghosts. I do.

Happy Halloween!

WindySwimming

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

This story is based on two absolutely ridiculous concepts. One that you could feasibly have two strangers buy a house together. I'm not sure a bank would even offer a mortgage on that basis ( I know these two paid cash, but that's very unusual - it's not even good business sense). The second is the ghost in the house. I know that an author can write any kind of drivel to his/her heart's content, but I have the right to rate it 2* if I like. And I did.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Excellent, a love story with a ghost helping them along.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33over 1 year ago

Great Story and a good spook. Well written and hope the Halloween time is good for you.

Nathan_31415Nathan_31415over 1 year ago

You've deftly blended timeless love, red-hot passion, and haunting otherworldliness in one beautiful story. Sumptuous and arousing in every detail...and that includes your mouthwatering descriptions of the food and stunning descriptions of the house! And such endearing characters you simply can't help but fall in love with and root for. Loved it!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 1 year ago

That has to be the best Halloween story I've read on here this year. Well played to the witch and the ghost.

Have a sexy Halloween, Andy

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks for your (mostly) kind comments. House sharing is becoming more mainstream with house prices being what they are. And yes, even total strangers are buying homes together, just so they can get their foot in the door and have a chance to own something.

I just thought for Halloween, it might be fun to add the element of a haunted house.

Hope you all have a great Halloween.

Cheers,

Smuttyandfun

ChrissrChrissrover 1 year ago

Overcritical needs to get over himself. 1st, I have seen 3 people buy a house, with the mortgage split between them. The bank doesn't care as long as everyone passes the loan requirements. 2nd, If you didn't like it, you should have stopped reading it and moved on to another story.

Billyboy1953Billyboy1953over 1 year ago

Another great sexy story for my favorites file. Well done Andy. Have a great Halloween

Billyboy1953Billyboy1953over 1 year ago

Never mind the naysayers Andy. You’re one of the best writers on Lit👍⭐️👍⭐️

JimDiamondJimDiamondover 1 year ago

Great story, and except for some things that needed a bit of editing well written. Of course, a publisher once told me that those with "Masters" in English were dime a dozen but good storytellers were damned hard to find. So keep telling good stories and get a reader... :-) AND by the way, it is not at all that unusual to have people share both renting a house together OR buying a house together. Though a bit unusual for strangers to do so, it is not unheard of. AND ghosts in an old house are very common, whether real or imagined. We had them in my big old Victorian, according to some young girls I rented part of the house to when I was a Grad student. Sometimes it ALL makes perfect sense. (At least to me:-)

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year agoAuthor

A few readers have asked about the Sunday Gravy Recipe. I included it, because it's one of my family's favorites. If anyone would like to make it, you can look it up online - 'Victoria Gott's Sunday Gravy Spaghetti Sauce.' It's from her cookbook, 'Hot Italian Dishes.'

Just like in the story, after I'd made it once, I decided to modify the recipe. I added more herbs, red wine, a roasted red pepper and some sliced mushrooms, to make it a little more flavorful.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers

S&F

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent.! More..

Papaof12Papaof12over 1 year ago

Great story, well written. I liked the characters and how they were developed. Wish there were more writers here with your knack of story telling

Richard1940Richard1940over 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this great story. 5***** all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great story well told. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 5*+. Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
great story

Well told, not sure why it was in this category as there could have been at least two others that would have been more to the point as age was never an issue for any of the characters, but hey; I found it and love it!! Any mistakes were noticed only by frustrated or paid readers. Great stuff, thank you so much for sharing!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Hi, S&F, really fun and sexy story! It was a fun concept (I read an article about tenancy in common online—yes, it is real) and the haunted /ghost aspect was a great twist. I liked the parts with the dogs, too, including the emotional parts, and was smiling when the surprise I was expecting at the end came to pass. Great job, five stars, and good luck with the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very enjoyable read like all of your stories. Thanks.

PickFictionPickFictionover 1 year ago

An excellent story, as I expected it would be. It was longer than most, but it held my rapt attention all the way through. I had to read it in two sittings and could barely wait for the second to come around. Cleverly conceived and excellent for the season. Best of luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

had me griped from start to finish

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Their initial time(s) in bed seemed a bit hasty and forced. I almost laughed out loud when he first went down on her. At that time in the relationship it was unbelievably premature. I know this is fiction and the ghost part was a mechanism to get them together, but it was stilted and fake. Sorry. 4* for an otherwise fun story.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Great fun story! A bit different than most Literotica fair but a fun read. I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Cheers

SAGE

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Mature category? I felt like this was a romance, a really good romance! 5/5

texquilltexquillover 1 year ago

I see that a pirate has posted this story for sale on Amazon! "by Ashwin Kr | Nov 4, 2022

Kindle Edition"

Great story - certainly 5 stars.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks for your kind comment, and for pointing out that it's been pirated.

Unfortunately, the thief downloaded 20 stories off of Literotica, including this one. Now I'll have to jump through some hoops to prove that this story is mine, in order for Amazon to take down the pirated copy.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Outstanding story. I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nicely done, a romance story that really fits the category!!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Love those red heads!

5

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun9 months agoAuthor

What a nice surprise to see that this story was nominated for as a Reader's Choice pick for October 2022, and is a nominee for story of the year. Thanks to everyone who read this and enjoyed it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmuttyandfun@Smuttyandfun
'Off the Clock' my 2nd entry in the On The Job Challenge will be published on April 23rd, and I hope you'll enjoy this one, too! 'Caught in the Act' my On The Job Challenge entry will be published on April 20th. I hope you enjoy it! 'Lucky Charm' my April Fools' Contest en...