The Old House on Drury Lane

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I shook my head. "No, I don't think so." And even if I did, I wasn't going to admit it to her.

She looked up at the ceiling. "Luca, have you noticed that the banging's stopped now?"

"You're right, I don't hear it anymore."

"Well, let's hope we haven't got someone's spirit living in the house with us."

"Yeah, let's hope."

"Gee, you're nice and warm, though," she said, snuggling in even closer, nuzzling her nose into my neck.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I'm like a furnace, I'm always hot."

"Well, I'm glad you are. It'll be like sleeping with an electric blanket, curled up with you."

She squealed and laughed when I pulled her top of me, and tugged the blankets all around her. "How's that?"

"Fine," she said, smiling into my eyes. "As long as you don't start getting excited with me on top of you."

I brushed back her hair, and looked into her big blue eyes. "Well, it's kind of hard not to, when I've got a beautiful woman spread over me."

"Oh sure, now that we're in bed together, suddenly I'm beautiful."

"You are beautiful, Andi. And you're cute as a button, too. I think you're a perfect little package."

The way she smiled when I said that, I had such an urge to kiss her. But considering the fact we were only sleeping together because of the power failure and the weird things that were going bump in the night, I didn't think it would be fair to take advantage of the situation.

But she surprised me, when she made the first move. Sliding her hands behind my neck, she dropped her head and kissed me.

As her tongue tangled with mine, I eased my hands down over her back and began massaging her tight little backside. Both of us moaning, I could feel myself pulsing between her legs, already rock hard.

I was aching to slide her hot little body, up and down along my shaft, but then she pulled back, softly smiled and whispered, "Thanks for being so understanding, Luca. I'm so glad you're here with me, and I'm going through this on my own."

Chastened, I kissed her forehead, wrapped my arms around her, and nodded. "I'm just glad we're here for each other."

When I woke up in the morning, I had a smile on my face, since I still had Andi's warm soft body snuggled in my arms. She blinked herself awake, looking a little surprised. "Did we really sleep together all night?"

"Yeah, I don't think you moved an inch."

She grinned. "Probably because you're so warm, I barely needed a blanket."

When I lifted my head and listened, I realized that the storm must have passed. "I don't hear anything tapping at the windows anymore, do you?"

She pointed over at the kitchen windows. "Well, the sun's out now, so hopefully it'll melt the ice. And look, the lights are back on, too."

I was glad to see the lights on in the kitchen. "Now, lets hope the roads are okay. Otherwise, the two of us are going to be eating Sunday Gravy for a whole week straight, if my family doesn't show up."

She smirked. "Actually, it smelled so good I don't think I'd mind."

I felt a little disappointed when she rolled off me, and got to her feet. "I guess I should go get a shower and get dressed."

"Yeah. Me, too."

First things first though, I went upstairs and took a look around with a flashlight. I checked everywhere, but couldn't see anything wrong, and figured the banging must have been caused by the wind.

Once I'd showered and put on a pair of black dress pants and a button-down shirt, I thought I should set the table.

After I'd set the big bouquet of mums at one end, I spread the plates around the table. I was setting out the silverware when I glanced over at the fireplace, thinking I should add another log before the family showed up, so there'd be a nice fire going to warm up the room.

Then, holy crap, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end when I noticed that tucked between the two little pumpkins on the mantel, was that bastard little red-haired witch.

I don't how it got there, but I knew one thing, I wasn't going to let Andi see it.

I strode over, snatched the thing off the mantel, went to the back door and threw it as far as I could, into the yard. And I made damn sure to double-locked the door behind me, just in case.

Andi walked into the kitchen just then, looking super sweet in a body-hugging soft gray wool dress with red heels. She was just so perfectly proportioned with nice perky breasts, tiny waist, shapely legs and firm little backside.

She looked at me funny, probably because I was still looking a little freaked out. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah, everything's great." I nodded at the table. "I just set the table, put the Gravy on the stove to warm up, and put some water on for the pasta. So, I think we're all set."

"Okay, then I'll put out some water glasses."

"Good idea. I forgot those." I think when I saw that little witch again, I forgot what was I doing. We both turned our heads when the doorbell rang. "I'll get the door," I said as she finished setting the table.

When I pulled the door open my sister Marisa, my nonna and my six-year-old niece Alyssa were all standing on the veranda, looking around wide-eyed at the house.

"Come on in, guys," I said, chuckling as I ushered them inside. I kissed everyone hello, and my little niece crooked a finger, and whispered in my ear, "Uncle Luca, you want to see what I found sitting on your top step?"

I couldn't believe it, when she pulled the little witch out from behind her back. "Are you kidding me?" I muttered, and snatched it out of her hand.

She looked confused, so as not to scare her, I smiled and patted her on the head. "This is a decoration for outside, sweetie. So, I'll just go put it back out there."

When Andi came and joined us, I introduced everyone and suggested, "Andi, why don't you start showing them around the main floor, and I'll catch up in a minute."

I went out the front door, noticed our neighbor had a trash can with a lid beside his garage. Taking a quick look around, to make sure no one was watching, I took the little witch, squeezed her in beside a big bag of garbage, and pushed the lid down tight, even turning it to lock it in place.

Now I just hoped we'd seen the last of the little monster.

Everyone was gushing over the kitchen, while my nonna was busy looking into the pot to see what we were making for lunch. "Is this my Sunday Gravy recipe?" she asked, stirring it around.

"Of course," I said with a straight face, trying not to look at Andi, or I knew I'd start laughing.

We were just about to show them the bedrooms and the doorbell chimed. When I opened the door to let her in, my mother always quick to make a joke, held up her hand. "Don't worry. I parked up the block, but I managed to walk back here without having to call a taxi. Luca, I can't believe how many cars are parked along your street," she said, as I kissed her cheek and led her down the hallway to join the tour.

"Being the weekend, it's probably people out walking the beach."

My niece's eyes went big. "Uncle Luca, are you serious? There's a beach here, too?"

I nodded. "There is, just behind the house. Next summer you'll have to bring your bathing suit, so you can go for a swim."

"Oh wow! You two are so lucky. You get to live in this spooky old house, and you even have a beach where you can play."

As everyone chuckled, I overheard my mother saying to Andi, "You must be the young lady I spoke to on the phone. And I'm guessing you trusted my opinion of my son, if you two bought a house together."

Hearing her say that, my nonna was quick to mutter in Italian, "In my day, men and women did not buy houses together. And no one lived under the same roof, until after they were married."

Then she nodded her head at Andi while pointing a finger at me. "This girl seems very nice. But she's not right for you. I can tell she's not Italian, with that red hair and those blue eyes. And you know in our family, we only marry Italians."

My sister spoke up, and said back to her in English, "What about your sister Angela's granddaughter, Nonna? She just married that lawyer, and he wasn't Italian, and wasn't even Catholic."

"Okay." Nonna shrugged. "Maybe he wasn't. But did you see the size of the ring he gave her? And the mansion he built for her? He even gave her a Mercedes for a wedding present. Now that's a man who knows how to take care of his wife."

My mother laughed. "I guess we only marry Italians, unless the price is right, eh, Ma?" As nonna narrowed her eyes on her, we all tried not to laugh.

I tried to reassure her. "Don't worry, Nonna. Andi and I are just house mates. I pointed at Andi's room. She has her room and I have mine. And we only share the common areas."

Turning to look at me, I got a sceptical look from all three of them, probably realizing it was a pretty short walk across the hallway, if we ever wanted to hookup.

And I knew if they had any idea where we slept last night, curled up together in front of the fire, I'd really get an earful.

To put an end to the conversation, I clapped my hands together, and suggested, "Hey, why don't we have some lunch?"

As my family walked ahead of us back to the kitchen, I leaned in and apologized to Andi. "Sorry, my nonna breaks into Italian, not realizing that not everyone can understand her."

She gave me a wry little smile. "It's okay, Luca. I studied Italian in college, and did a semester in Italy, so I understood every word she said."

Oh crap. Now I really felt bad. "I'm sorry, Andi. I don't think she meant to hurt you."

"You don't have to apologize. Like you said, we're just house mates. Just two people who happened to buy a house together."

I was glad, as she and my mother helped to get lunch on the table, that Andi didn't seem upset and was talking and laughing with everyone, like everything was fine. Maybe she was cool with us keeping things platonic.

Though I was really starting to wonder how we were going to live together without crossing the line.

Especially as I stirred the pasta, remembering how perfect it felt to have her warm little body draped over mine. With me notched between her legs, as we slept together tucked in as close as two people could be.

My little niece broke into my thoughts when she came up, patted my leg, and asked, "Uncle Luca, did you put the little witch back on the steps outside? And will we see her again when we go back out, to go home?"

"Here. Have some bread. It's nice and fresh, just out of the oven," I said, handing it to her, before anyone heard her.

She walked off, happily munching on the bread, while Andi stared at me, probably wondering what the heck was going on, and why I was pushing bread on my niece.

Once we'd sat down for lunch, they all gave a toast, wishing us good luck in our new home. And of course, nonna gifted us with a bag of salt, to sprinkle in the doorways to keep the evil spirits away.

Eyebrows raised, Andi looked at other each, smirking. I shook my head as my nonna also handed me an envelope from the family, to buy, 'A little something,' for the house. I didn't need the money, but I knew I'd offend her if I tried to hand it back.

Then Andi and I almost choked on our wine, when my nonna tasted the sauce, looked across the table at me, and instantly said, "Hey, you. What else did you put in this?"

I decided to fess up and told her about the different things I'd added. My little niece swallowed what she was eating, smiled, and with the innocence of a child, told her great grandmother, "I think it tastes even better than yours does, Bisnonna. And I really like the way you made this, Uncle Luca."

Everyone rolled their eyes and though we tried not to laugh, we couldn't help it, it just bubbled out of us, except of course for nonna, who looked around at us, shaking her head.

Once we'd finished lunch, I made some espresso, and we set the pumpkin pie beside nonna's big platter of biscotti. Along with a cheese board, and some fruit, and of course the whipped cream.

"Andi, did you bake the pie?" my mother asked.

"No, we picked it up at a little farm stand, where we found those big pumpkins that we have outside."

"But you do know how to cook?" my nonna asked her with her coffee cup poised in mid air, waiting for her answer.

Before she could think of what to say, I jumped in. "Actually, Andi's really good at making things for breakfast. And she helped me make the lunch, too." Nonna nodded, looking pleased, while Andi smiled across the table at me, silently thanking me for bailing her out.

"Andi? I was just wondering how you got a name like that? Isn't that usually a boy's name?" My nonna asked, making everyone cringe.

I listened, feeling a little stunned as she explained. "Actually, my real name is Andrea. But I was born over two months premature, and barely weighed two pounds. Probably because I was so tiny, they thought Andi suited me better, and no one really calls me Andrea anymore."

"But Andrea is a nice Italian name," My nonna said, reaching for a cookie. "Come on, Andrea, try my biscotti and tell me what you think."

I smiled as Andi took a bite and smiled. "Oh, these are so good, Nonna. I think they're the best I've ever had. And they go so well with the coffee, too."

Now that she'd given her a thumbs up for her cookies, Nonna looked over at me, and nodded at Andi. "You know, I like this girl." We all grinned at each other, pleased that Andi had won over the family matriarch.

My sister leaned in and whispered to Andi, "The pumpkin pie is really good, too."

Sitting around the fire, I poured some liqueurs. Since Andi mentioned over lunch that she was a teacher, my niece Alyssa cuddled up beside her and told her about her favorite subjects at school. She mentioned that she loved to draw, and whenever they did something fun like dancing, but she really hated reading.

As the two of them helped clear up, I noticed my sister talking quietly to Andi in the kitchen. As I loaded the dishwasher, I overheard Andi suggesting that Marisa try things that might appeal to her creative side, like pop-up books, or ones that made noises, or something interactive, that might encourage her daughter to get into reading.

By the time everyone was ready to leave, Andi was being inundated with hugs and kisses. Little Alyssa gave her a big kiss on the cheek, smiled and said, "I really like you, and I love your red hair."

Just as they were going out the door, my mother leaned in and whispered in my ear, "I'm really glad you two bought this house together. She's a very sweet girl."

Seemed that Andi had won them all over, without even trying.

I had gone and got their car for them, so they wouldn't have to hike up the street. As we stood on the porch waving goodbye, Andi smiled up at me. "I really like your family, Luca."

I gave her a little squeeze. "I think they like you, too."

After a hearty lunch like that, neither of us wanted any dinner. I put on a movie, we put our feet up and shared a big bowl of popcorn.

We both laughed all the way through Caddyshack, till I noticed her eyelids were getting a little droopy and she was starting to yawn. "Looks likes someone's ready for bed."

"Yeah, after all that banging last night, and that business with that little witch showing up in my room, it took me a while to fall asleep."

"Are you going to be okay sleeping in your own room, tonight?"

"I think so. Those weird noises were probably just from the storm, so it should be quiet tonight."

I'd just got ready for bed, and I looked up and groaned when the banging started again. Although earlier, when I'd walked up the street to get the car, I noticed there was no wind and it didn't feel as cold tonight. So, I had no idea what the heck was making the noise.

When I saw Andi anxiously standing in the doorway, I threw back the covers and told her, "Come on, climb in."

As soon as she curled into my side, I started smiling. Even knowing that nothing was going to happen, it still felt nice just to be able to hold her.

Then we both looked up and noticed that the banging had stopped.

She chuckled. "I think our ghost isn't happy unless we're sleeping together."

"You know, you could be right. It's pretty quiet up there now."

"Gee, I wonder what your nonna would think if she knew we were sharing a bed."

"Now that you've won her over, she'd probably pull me out by my ear, and tell me to leave you alone."

Snickering, she ran her hand over my chest, and I could feel my heart starting to pound. "Well, I crawled in here on my own, so..."

Then she pressed a kiss to my chest, and my dick jumped in my boxers. I wondered if she knew what she doing to me. "Um, Andi."

"Hmmm?" She stroked her hand down across my abs, and I could feel my eyes rolling skyward, as my heart began to pound like a drum.

"Unless you want to do more than just sleep together, you might not want to poke the bear."

A little laugh came out of her as she pulled her hand away. "You're just so warm and toasty. And I've never really..."

I turned and squinted at her in the dark. "You've never really what?"

When she didn't answer, I gave her a little nudge, wondering what she was going to say.

She sighed. "Let's just say, cooking's not the only thing I've never really done before."

Eyes wide, I got up on my elbow, and tipped up her chin. "Are you saying, what I think you're saying?"

She nodded. "I guess, since I've never really gone all the way before."

I was so shocked I had no idea what to say. I'd honestly never met a virgin before. And I wondered if she'd been saving herself for marriage. If that was the case, then she obviously shouldn't be in bed with me.

"Kind of sad, considering I'm almost twenty-five, huh?"

"No. I don't think so. I mean, if you've been holding off till you're married, I think that's kind of sweet. Then at least your wedding night will feel pretty special."

She turned onto her side, facing from away from me and muttered, "Why don't we just forget about it, and go to sleep?"

Like I was going to be able to sleep now, with about a million thoughts running through my head.

"So, Andi... is that the reason? Is it because you're planning to wait until you're married?"

"No. That's not exactly what I was hoping for." She turned back to face me. "I've just never met anyone that I wanted to be with like that. I thought one guy I knew in college was pretty nice, and he seemed fairly patient and understanding. Until he locked me in his room, and told me I was going to put out, whether I liked it or not. Then he whipped it out, and told me to get on my knees."

"Holy shit, what a jerk. How did you manage to get out of there?"

"I just screamed my head off. When he tried to cover my mouth to shut me up, I bit him as hard as I could. He was furious, called me every name in the book, but at least he unlocked the door. Of course, he spread the word around that I was a cold bitch, so that no one would go near me after that. And I've kind of been avoiding the hole thing, since then.

"Though, a few months ago, I went on a retreat with a bunch of teachers from my school. One of them seemed nice, and was really friendly, till I found out he was married, and just liked to fool around. Which kind of confirmed for me, that I just don't have any luck with men."

I pulled her close again, and kissed the top her head. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I know, but I feel bad that you were treated like that."

"Well, at least the guy I bit, knew not to mess with me anymore."

"Yeah." She laughed when I said, "Who knew you were such a bad ass."

"Well, tomorrow night, I think I'll sleep in my own bed, whether the ghost likes it or not."

"You know you're always welcome to sleep in here with me. And you know you can trust me, right?"

123456...9