All Comments on 'The One for Me Ch. 01-03'

by Iread2relax

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WONDERFUL START CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT INSTALMENT!

REALLY, REALLY ENJOYED IT, KEEP WRITING

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Some good promise for a successful story here, but editing is needed... There is a switch from 1st person to 3rd person omniscient narration in the middle of the first Anna section. And how tall is Ross? "At least six inches" taller than the five feet tall Anna? That would certainly not make him very tall, as described, and a remarkably short "tackle guard" whatever that is, even in high school football.

The main problem is not editing as such, but the lack of a consistent picture of a fundamentalist preacher, his family and his church members. Partly you present the worst stereotypes of such people and then you present the wonderfully, perhaps almost unbelievably, loving family of Deacon Smith. Human life is indeed inconsistent and varied but so far this just idn't very believable.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Anonymous-Not Believable

This story is fantasy. Yes, the characters are exaggerated because that was my intention. I certainly hoped you enjoyed the tale, and I appreciate your feedback. Your honest opinion helps me write better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
GOOD START!

This is a good start, and it is completely believable, especially when the story sounds very familiar to a realistic religious upbringing. :-)

2275jr2275jralmost 11 years ago
This story was so different from your others. i love it .

I alway knew you had that special kind of talent .

for writing . this story prove it . i just wonder why you never post it before .

you a dark horse . with all the different kinds of stories you have written.

they are numerous. each has it place in your list of brilliant writings

you should do another part of this awesome story .

one last word its outstanding in many ways .

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing this very entertaining story. Looking forward to future chapters.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

Good story eventhough Ross' parents are very strict. Now he has to deal with the Smith's strict ways too. They don't seem as demanding as his parents but I can see them doing so especially when it comes to Anna.

DecadentdessertDecadentdessertalmost 11 years ago

I have to agree with Anonymous on your characters being believable. I know people like them. This was a great read, looking forward to the update.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIread2relax@Iread2relax
3/19/2020 Life is what happens to you while you are living. COVID19---- Thus times are making me realize that we won't be here long. Today, many people have been dealt horrible blows, but life goes on and the world keeps turning. 200 stories, I have written 200 stories. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES