All Comments on 'The Only Constant is Change Ch. 10B'

by Minstrel_Blue

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
travaynetravayneover 5 years ago
Difficult

While the story takes a strange and remarkable twist that I truly appreciated, you have left too many balls in the air, too much left untold, too many plots begun or hinted at but unresolved. That leaves this wonderful tale at a very weak and unsatisfactory end. Hence I can only give this finale three stars, and that, I think, generous. Perhaps you could continue the saga at a later date when you've had time to let things percolate.

Sidney43Sidney43over 5 years ago

I have to echo the other comment about the ending being weaker than the story. In fact I had not realized this was the end of the tale until I read that comment, so maybe you do need to continue it a bit further. It is hard to basically write a life history, to follow someone over a number of years. This story seems a bit unfinished because you have not brought our Taylor's true nature, which they are bound to discover. What is the path love takes when someone wants to be completely submissive, does a master love their slave, or just use them?

Minstrel_BlueMinstrel_Blueover 5 years agoAuthor
This is Not the End...

I'm not sure why you thought this was the end of the series. This was just the latest chapter. Rest assured, Jeremy will return to face new challenges, experience new adventures, and continue to evolve. We may even see the return of a character or two from earlier chapters.

It's a challenge to cover such a long timeline. My thought when I shifted to looking at separate periods of his life was that each chapter would be more-or-less self-contained. That's why I've included epilogues. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from. I don't have any experience with them, so maybe they're coming off more clumsy than I'd like.

If you haven't seen my bio, I am returning to school in an accelerated master's program, so my free time will be more limited for a while. I will continue to write as I have time, but my focus will have to be on the things that will put money in my pocket, so posting may be slower.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Very good work!

Like others, initially I thought this was the end of the series. Then I saw the comments.

It’s the use of the term: Epilogue. That section could hav stood on its own, as the end of the chapter.... so just don’t use the word ‘Epilogue’ until you end the series.

Otherwise you’ve done a superb job building the storyline, developing plausible characters, and picking appropriate spots to end chapters; and when to skip ahead in time. Unlike Colby and Ryan from the early chapters, Rudy was not villainous; he was a badly damaging victim... making him hail from Colorado makes me compare him to someone like the Columbine perpetrators, the Unabomber, or the guy who shot up a movie theater. Wow, that association is sad in itself!

Hopefully the feedback helps, looking forward to more chapters... but I hope you don’t do something silly like having them found a poly compound with a herd of wives in northern Virginia. The ‘family unit’ of three has a unique bond, making them Mormons would cheapen what you’ve built so far.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 4 years ago
Sounds like the cool,gang didn’t have the depth to back up their rape of the guy.

Yeah from as a guy who was bullied till year ten and then went after the bullies my self till the bullies parents wanted me expelled from schools for bullying. Fuck all those people who went after him first and couldn’t back it up.

So the guy was actually the victim and he was actually kidnapped and raped and tortured.

In the USA kidnapp as stated by the FBI is the restraint by physical, verbal or written threats and or moving a persons location without their consent.

Rape, well as soon as they pulled his cock out they touched it.... RAPE.

Unsolicited sexual acts around and on him. Sexual assault heading on to torture.

So it’s sounds like a mental break after that. So he crazy, driven crazy and Hellhiem bent on revenge.

So being crazy and all the other shit he would get off in 2 seconds. Unfit for trial at the least. Or insane as a result of the acts and now it’s done he’s sane and walks free.

Any way you slice it. Those kids are hardened criminals that would get put on a sexual offenders list. And their victim is ATTAINING RIGHTEOUS AND BLOODY VENGANCE. Fuck like kill bill type shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

This jumped the shark. Sorry to say. To the extent it was also a device to alter relationships, Taylor disappears w/o ever spending time there, but jumps past that in the intro after the next tragedy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Still need to read ahead, but seems like you forgot all about Simone... I'm enjoying story and time jumps

avidreader123avidreader123over 2 years ago

Getting darker and darker. I like your writing and characters, but you are definitely throwing a lot at Jeremy.

It's also a bit of a let down when you allude to future interludes (i.e. all of Ava's friends and not just Taylor, and the Latina fellow officer nicknamed Jalapeno) and then things just fizzle out. I get that the story took you in a different direction, but a few sentences to explain why the hookup never happened or what happened to the characters would be nice. Simone or whoever was panting for him, and Jalapeno was half in love, and POOF, they are gone.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMinstrel_Blue@Minstrel_Blue
738 Followers
Update (6-20-20): I had an idea regarding the collated first 13 chapters of Carson Evolved, but I'm not allowed to reference it in my submission. So, if you're a follower of mine or somehow stumble across my bio and get to read this, here's the deal: I completed editing the c...

story TAGS