All Comments on 'The Only Way I Could Get Justice'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 175 Comments
kimi1990kimi1990almost 5 years ago
Mr. Fantastic goes south.

The cosmic rays are not aligned. I thought you had a little imagination. This is such a well-worn path, and has been done much better. There is zero tension to the story, little dialogue and mostly seems to be the tried and true money moving, abscond and other tired cliches. You can write cliches or cheating is cool, but not anything interesting or original, these day.

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow, that was despicable!

The guy is pissed off at the wife so he kidnaps the son, separating him from his sister? What an unbelievable asshole.

This was a pretty boring story. There was nothing as to why or how the wife fucked the doctor, only a ton of legal BS about the courts. Boring!

This was a complete waste of time.

timrivtimrivalmost 5 years ago

He was a real bastard in this story, dumping his daughter? What kind of father would do that. His whole attitude sucked, he never talked to her discussed what she had done or anything. Anger pride and ego were the only thing on his mind. Sure his wife cheated, and he was right to destroy her but walking away from his daughter and Justin who were innocent in all this mess and Justin who had looked at him as his father really sucked bilge water.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Sad that he was forced to lose contact with his daughter because the courts sided with a whore. Forcing a husband to pay for a bastard child is one of the grossest injustices family courts can inflict on a man. How these judges can sleep at night is beyond me.

It was a good story, but felt a little anticlimactic. What did the slut have to say about tricking the husband into raising a bastard? She reacted with fury when she was served, not regret or contrition, so it's hard to feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for her. What was her reaction to losing her son? I hope she was devastated.

TajfaTajfaalmost 5 years ago
Well written

However, he never asked why. There was nothing from the wife about her reasons. She could have been raped and too scared to reveal that. There is always a reason for cheating - where a relationship is strong cheating rarely happens.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 5 years ago
Did'nt see

That coming. the only thing the kid would want to talk to Mom. and she would get him to tell her where they were. She could kidnap him back.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 5 years ago

isn't that the fucking truth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

He's not an Honorable man, abandoning his daughter is not honourable! All he is going to show 'his' namesake is how to abandon a child.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 5 years ago
Somewhat original idea

But leaves a bad taste. It’s fairly well written, but abandoning his daughter and bailing on a boy who imprinted and knew him as his father, plus kidnapping his son away from his mother, makes our hero Michael out to be an asshole. He's punishing Karen through a scorched earth policy but really he’s punishing himself as well. Also, I can’t see this story as real. Almost certainly, the judge would order mandatory marriage counseling before granting a divorce.

Why is there no emotion in this father except hate? And even the hate is dispassionate. No tears, no regrets, no sorrow over losing his daughter, his wife, in fact, his entire family? Is his daughter chopped liver? Sorry, this “justice” is like vigilante justice. I suspect a part 2 is coming and if so, it would have been nice to label the story as “Chapter 1.” The story as it stands is unfinished in my view.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Can’t understand the logic

He’s angry, so he screws up his life, her life, and more importantly the kids lives. To mention another quote I read on this very site - Carrying resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die!!

ChuckEPooChuckEPooalmost 5 years ago
Damn that was depressing

If I’m ever too happy and need a downer I’ll read this. Gawd that was painful.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
THE LAW ... what a fucking joke

we are all taught that cheating is wrong and that cheaters never prosper and truth be told when a husband cheats the wife and the courts make the husband pay and justifiably so ....

when the wife cheats the courts make the husband pay anyways ....and the cheater does prosper

what a fucking joke our judicial system turned out to be ... no wonder people take the law into their own hands

where the fuck is the JUSTICE FOR ALL ... probably in the fucking gutter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Poor Mike, jr

Karen and two of the kids are free, little Mike is sentenced to life.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 5 years ago
That's it?

Good writing and good STORY as usual. But it was unusually shallow for one of your stories. I expected more character development and exploration, especially the wife's character. No info on the affair, how it started, did she love the dead doc. I expected more from you, Reed. Hopefully FTDS will finish your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Intention?

Rather, what was yours in creating the story? There is only one character in this story--- all the other names are merely literary devices to establish artificial depth to the plot. In the process you created a character that drips with self-righteousness, pride, and all the other character vices that come with the package, thus producing someone who is thoroughly unlikable. I'm trying to figure out the point for doing so. I don't substitute my "story" for the author's, but I would like to be able to grasp some identifying handle that might make the story interesting, or intriguing, or thought provoking, or stimulating a "I wonder what I'd do . . . " question. I'm sorry to say I come away from this with a vacant stare.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
was missing a lot

I enjoy the conflict and the confrontation but that was really all missing here. Just her shouting at him for a second and him storming out. Sometimes the "why" she did it isn't that important but helps, at least me, establish something with the characters. He runs off, fine I guess, but he already somehow lined up a job in Mexico? I guess the kids schooling must also be set up. We are left to assume he gave her the daughter as he feels a girl needs a mom more than a dad or was it just because she wasn't also named Mike (Ha).

WordcraftWordcraftalmost 5 years ago
TOO BAD IT DIDN"T HAPPEN IN KANSAS

Been through this with a family member. In the state of Kansas, if a man can prove he did not father a child even when married, child support is denied. A family court judge even required the birth certificate be amended listing the real father.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
I didn’t expect a lot of people to like this story

But it did have some meaning. Yes, Mike ‘traded’ having his daughter every other weekend for having his son full time. That was a rough trade, but is it something that a lot of men might do? I think so.

But there’s more. When Mike would get his visitation weekends, Karen could force him to take all three children, or none at all, and Mike would again be enraged at seeing his wife’s lover’s face in Justin every time. The notion of a husband having to support a child who isn’t his is a fairly common one in LW.

Why did Karen cheat? Mike doesn’t really know, but think about the RAAC stories here in which a father winds up caring for someone else’s child and readers are outraged that a character would cuck himself by doing so. This story is about the price he has to pay to avoid that.

One commenter asked about a second chapter. None is planned. A second chapter would either be the tired story of Mike finding a younger, hotter woman, or, more probably, about him having to flee the law over kidnapping. Mike has taken a dangerous path, but many of the revenge stories here have men taking improbable dangerous paths.

Like a lot of my stories, this was inspired by a single thought, how does a man screwed by the court escape that screw job, and was written in one sitting.

schulz777schulz777almost 5 years ago
revenge is good, when

you use your brain. This guy is an idiot. I usually like stories where husband takes action, but this guy is just stupid.

2starrs

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I'm not surprised

I'm not surprised she fucked around on you...if your attitude in this story is your attitude in your marriage there was no hope...and taking a boy away from his mother and sister is going to make him an angry man like his father...what about destroying your daughter as well...what a sad man...

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
Finally a read Richard story I can read

The funny thing about this story in most cases this is the only way the man is going to get justice. Some moron in the comments said something about implanting where is the implant on the fairness to the husband. I somewhat agree about the daughter and a lot of cases the daughter wants to stay with the mom anyway. And it’s hard to raise a daughter and be fair. As far as that goes I’m sorry for the bastard child because he’s going to grow up believing that it’s OK for Mom to fuck everybody. That is your future cuckold. I’m also sorry for the daughter because her daughter is going to grow up and raise by a slut. In the military it happens a few times where the guy retires, he’ll disappear with the Child that is his and it takes years of them to be found.

There was one case and army times where the kid came back and didn’t want to talk to the Mother In away. It came out that of the four children and he was the only the child his father had. All these different people talked about he was a bastard for doing this to the child and even put blame on him for the kids that weren’t his. What I found funny was no one seem to be mad at mom. The judge gave her custody of all four and the home till the youngest turned 18. He took his son move to Thailand and never look back. The wife lost the house and didn’t get any help from the biological fathers because she didn’t know where to find them. The son only return to go to college. The ex-wife wanted the military to help her find her ex-husband and get access to his money. The ex-husband didn’t retire regularly he was on medical retirement so she wasn’t entitled to anything. The court says that he owes about 380,000 in back child support. But there’s no treaty or extradition order that can force the husband To return to the US for back child support. And the funny part is he’s fine with never coming back home. And every time the son is on some type of break he flies back to Thailand to be with his dad. I’m sure one of you were talk about how much of a Bastard he is but once again where is the fairness and the law. Many of you will say its not a child’s fault and you’re right. And since it’s not a child’s fault or the husbands fault lay blame where you need to. But then again there are so many of you out there, what talk about if he only stayed, They could’ve worked out her mistake, this was too harsh of a punishment even for what she did, he’s a hateful bastard in vengeful for what he did, He let his stupid pride do this and destroy the family. I could’ve kept going but I gave myself a headache, he’ll be branded a misogynist. From some of the comments in the Army times, it’s funny everybody’s blaming him but no one’s blaming her. All I can say is anchors away and clear skies my friend

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Forgiveness is not possible

I can't believe that RR has put me in a position where I agree with TimRiv. Unforgivable.

The protagonist is despicable. His daughter will grow to hate him, and deservedly so. His son will likely hate him once he becomes an adult and has some separation. This story may be Fantastic For some, but not for me.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 5 years ago
Inhuman

No-one with an ounce of humanity could do this to children. I'm guessing you're not a father.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
(so-called) "Divorce Porn"

There actually IS a marketplace for stories just like this. It is generally limited to males, and usually just males who have survived divorce or are strongly contemplating it.

We aren't supposed to like this guy, and we aren't suppose to think that this is a blueprint for "how it should be done", but rather this offers a vision of a how easily things can go off the rails and devolve into crisis. The ham-fisted description of a flawed legal system may have some stretch of accuracy, however the REAL important idea conveyed as a message to those who may need to hear it? The legal system can't fix a broken marriage NOR the family affected by it. May be it isn't supposed to, but it IS foolish to expect that it can. Justice IS NOT revenge. No judge can grant REVENGE. A story like this aims to send that message loud and clear.

SwingerJoe never understood the appeal of stories like this. Yet, for me, he DID coin the phrase DivorcePorn. As he railed against it as a sub-genre here, he never sought to understand it. Fair enough, few readers here struggle to understand extreme cuckolding with humiliation in a similarly closed minded POV. But I congratulate Reed on this effort. I think he crafted a story meant to serve a purpose beyond just another same old post. He really empathizes with a reader, unknown to many, but here in secret, searching through stories of others experiences, fictional, but inspired by realistic scenarios, for the purposes of comparison and contemplation on some of the most destructive forces any man might encounter in nature. Finding a story like this helps some guy whose world has been rocked by forces he can't change, it reassures him that he isn't "the only one" who ever had to deal with something like this.

Part two: Reed PROBABLY cares less about this subset of readers, then the fact that he has made MANY of the points outlined in the story above as comments on OTHER stories, where he felt some author might have got it wrong. I recognize him working in bits from his comments, and here is the result. But it didn't have an ending. So, you get the likely ending that he thought others might have contemplated, and tacked it on. Some commented on the clinical delivery of the MC's narrative voice, complaining that he lacked emotion. Conversely, I read a vivid description of a rapid escalation of resentment, anger and rage. All to the point of clouding this guy from rationally arriving at his conclusion.

In short, whatever your motivation for writing or reading, I think Reed achieved his goals, and I thank him for this well rendered effort. Yes, I very much enjoy your contribution to this site, whether in story form, or commentary. Thank You, and have a great day!

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 5 years ago
No justice

for the kids. The kids didn't decide who their parents were, that was providence, yet they are being punished for the sins of the mother. Just a general downer of a tale - no redemption, no heroes, just pain, recrimination and regret.

2/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yep, sad story but

How else do you get even with a cheating whore when you are just an everyday sad sack. The slut wasn't exactly sorry about fucking around, was she? No, she was 2/3's guilty and him 1/3 guilty for fucking up the lives of 3 kids.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

She loved Justin enough to cheat with him, have his baby and cry at his death, but not enough to divorce her husband and marry him?

I don't care if Justin's a "local hero," he fathered a child with a married woman, his estate owes child support.

"make a determination that Karen had made a larger percentage of the mortgage payments than I had, and therefore owned more than 50% of the house." - Now, THAT'S BS! When a wife cheats, even though hubby paid more towards the house than she did, it's a "marital asset" and she gets half.

I agree that frustrated with the courts or not, what he did was flat out wrong. His son is ten, old enough to be pissed off at being separated from his mother an siblings. Assuming he doesn't turn into a delinquent, as soon as he's old enough he's out there and unless Dad's got some senorita lined up, he's going t be a lonely old man, while Karen's not going to have any trouble getting a new man if she wants one.

@Tajfa - If she was raped, why did she cry that he was killed?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
PLEASE RE-WRITE

This story felt like you started it but a lot of the story some how got deleted then there was just an ending, leaving lots of us befuddled.

NewnotsureNewnotsurealmost 5 years ago
not done yet

Yep not done yet part two when he wakes up and knows he has done wrong

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 5 years ago
Should have taken the daughter too

She is the one more at risk to be raised without morals like her mother. Karen would just have the bastard child to remind her what she threw away. Justin was innocent but his mother would have to explain to him when he was older why he was left behind. Part 2 ten years later would be an interesting follow-up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Agreed.

Mike Jr is the only real loser here

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
Didn’t see that coming

I know he's full of hate and this was the overriding emotion domination this short and brutal story. OK, the cause was fuelled by her adulterous long-time-affair/one-night-stand, or whatever it was (neither we nor the narrator has questioned the bitch to find out why she had Justin) but a big factor in the breakup is his own low self-evaluation in light of her affair and considers himself out of her league. So we end up with a virtual monologue, with no hint of her side of the story. We can intimate from her courtroom smirk that she seems well rid of him, and aware that she is cute enough to get her rocks off whenever she wants, but who is going to take her on domestically with 3 (now 2) young children at home for the next 15 years?

Having mixed parentage is a common enough theme in LW, but with a dead hero as the protagonist, the dialogue between the couple, offers and counters between them, as well as counselling sessions would have made interesting or entertaining reading. With perhaps more depth in the middle of the story, the kidnapping of half his children in this near-Solomonesque conclusion could have been more justifiable as the electrician was left with throwing the off switch as his only means of getting his pound of flesh.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 5 years ago
I can't believe I'm defending Reed's story...

re: Tajfa, you asked why there was nothing from the wife about her reasons. First the story was told in first person so he can only relate what happens from his POV. Next does it really matter? You wrote, 'She could have been raped and too scared to reveal that', if that had been true why would she have cried over his death. You wrote, 'There is always a reason for cheating - where a relationship is strong cheating rarely happens', people cheat even in strong relationships, that's why we have so much divorce.

The comment, 'Why is there no emotion in this father except hate', could it be because every way he turned he was being screwed over by the system that was created to protect the wronged? The system was lopsided in the favor of the husband years ago, (that was bad) when it started to change it went so far the other way that now the courts are making people pay for the sins of yesteryear. Women claim they don't have equality yet they don't care about equal justice for the man either.

I will go with Reed's numbers on child support and again that shows how screwed up the system is. Once set the numbers stay the same till the end so after Jr. turned 18 he would still be paying $1500 a month unless he petitioned the court to have it changed. He would have been better of $78,500 and sending it back to her to cover the daughter till she was 18 then saying the hell with it from Mexico.

Deed, unlike Kimi, I think you did a great job.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
"The only way I could get revenge" maybe

Justice had nothing to do with it, and our "honorable" protagonist took it out on his children. "Asshole" doesn't seem to quite cover it.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
The Mann of Dragons wrote:

"I will go with Reed's numbers on child support and again that shows how screwed up the system is. Once set the numbers stay the same till the end so after Jr. turned 18 he would still be paying $1500 a month unless he petitioned the court to have it changed."

I looked up the numbers I used on a Kentucky website, and used those numbers. However, the website also stated that the numbers were subject to review every three years, so I assume that they can be adjusted for inflation and a non-custodial parent's changed circumstances.

Birdstheword1Birdstheword1almost 5 years ago
Definitely worth multiple parts or a follow up.

I'd love to see what else happens, like does he get away, does the wife come lookong for him, does the son get sick and then he HAS to come back to the states, etc. Good work so far.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Mr Sworder wrote:

"Sad that he was forced to lose contact with his daughter because the courts sided with a whore. Forcing a husband to pay for a bastard child is one of the grossest injustices family courts can inflict on a man. How these judges can sleep at night is beyond me."

That was one of the reasons that I had Dr Marsh bite the dust: there was no one else from whom child support could be garnished, and Mike would be stuck with it.

Judges order this kind of thing because the state has a vested interest in not having to pay more out in welfare. The judges and courts work for the state, not for the citizens.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
timriv wrote:

"but walking away from his daughter and Justin who were innocent in all this mess and Justin who had looked at him as his father really sucked bilge water."

And how many stories in LW have as part of the theme a child sired not by the husband buit the wife's lover, and people saying that they would never pay child support for the 'bastard' child? That's part of the whole problem: those unfortunate children -- and I once saw a story which guesstimated that 10% of the children in the US were not sired by the man presumed to be the father -- have looked up to the husband as the father.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years ago
Liked the story

but expected more.

This felt like you came up with the ending, then wrote just enough of a story to make the ending work. You spent a lot of words on back story, early relationship stuff, that in the end did not matter, since the wife was only an extra in the story with one line. I wish you had spent an equal number of words on a confrontation. I get that the husband didnt want to know why and how many times. Your readers, on the other hand do want to know. You are talented enough to have found a way to demonstrate his lack of desire for knowledge, while satisfying your readers need for it.

It also felt a bit like an editorial, criticizing the divorce system in the US. I won't call it preachy, but close.

I liked it, but those things slightly lowered my score.

I do not think you need a part two, unless you did it from her POV. His story is finished, but hers might be interesting.

KB

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
Wow I have never seen them at so much bleeding heart bullshit in my life

I feel bad for Mike Junior why, Mike Junior is with his dad. And I’ll admit I do feel bad for the daughter. But the people you should feel bad for is the husband and the bastard child. The bastard child is never going to get a chance to know his Dear old dad. But what I found an amazing is everyone is still calling the dad an asshole. And there are a lot of misinterpretations , A lot of you keep saying that the dad destroyed a family. No the dad just put a end to a bad situation, and handle it the best way he knew how. Another thing, Is none of you bleeding hearts seem to complain when the mom takes the kids and disappears. There’s at least 20 stores on this site where the mom took the kids and disappeared. No one ever heard a word from any fucking bleeding hearts. Bravo ReedRichards!

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 5 years ago
Good story...

I was entertained and after having become somewhat of a “calloused” Lit reader, it scratched an itch that made me smile...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Still too many readers

who can't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

Reed isn't writing HIS story. He's not writing about what happened to him. If you can't tell that, perhaps you ought to avoid reading fiction and get professional help.

I liked that the story was short. I'm personally aware of a man who was dating a woman, who was already pregnant by another man. By the time she'd had the baby, he'd already broken up with her because it wasn't his. The real father's name was on the birth certificate. Despite this, because the real father was destitute, a judge ordered him to pay child support for a child that wasn't his AND he'd never had any involvement with in any way, because it was in the best interest of the child.

Another judge later overturned that, thankfully, which is pretty rare. Most judges don't want to say that another judge fucked up, but it was pretty obvious and against state guidelines, and it was obvious if they could get to an appeal it was going to be overturned. Family court is fucked up because it's never about justice or even truth; it's about making things as smooth as possible, often for the person who causes the problems. Same court is often the court returning children to abusive parents, or pulling them away from loving parents to give to abusive foster parents. Judges are often, by a seemingly wide margin, devoid of common sense (and despite what you might think, they're usually going the opposite of DCS's recommendations in such circumstances. I'd guess about 70% of the cases of abuse you hear about on the news are the judge's fault and it gets blamed on DCS anyway. No, I don't work for DCS and never have.) and mostly their interests lie in perpetuating the need for legal representation. Pretty disgusting overall.

Most states do offer alimony, but in the cause of nearby Indiana, it does not. You cannot get alimony under any circumstance in Indiana; just child support. The protagonist should have tried to find an excuse to move the family to Indiana before divorce, so that he'd have a rational basis for using that as his court location. Not going to help him much on child support, but it'd remove the Alimony question all together, and selling the home might make it more 50% rather than whatever silly split the judge might have decided on.

That said, I'm pretty sure as part of the divorce the judge might have ordered a DNA test for the third child, and then ordered payment from the estate of the deceased doctor anyway, because it would have been in the child's best interests. That's probably the part that gets me the most in this story. The protagonist has a good reason for seeking a legal order for such, and other than other beneficiaries of the estate fighting it (and assuming the 'good doctor' didn't have any other children) there's a good chance of it being ordered, 'hero' status or not. And there's a good chance of the aware being more than the yearly child-support totals, so I think it'd happen.

But Mike is going to pay child-support on the other two anyway, and it's going to be odd that Mike Jr. has a passport at all. Mike fleeing to a non-extradition country with his money but not his kids? Sure. Taking Mike Jr? Not a chance in hell.

But it's fiction, and kinda popcorn fiction (easy to digest, don't think about it too much) at that. Read it, enjoy it, and move on. Don't reflect on it a lot. And if all you do is come here to jerk off to being cuckholded, then take note of it and stop reading fiction like this. You know what you're getting into, so why get mad?

Generally enjoy your stuff, Reed, and while I had a couple of issues with this one, nothing too major. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This one was pretty bad

Makes it seem like the author is just really salty about a similar real-life situation and ranting in story form

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Guess She was right

Wow. What a loser no wonder she cheated.

Having said that you had me disliking this guy intensely so I would say you did a great job with your writing.

Not a great story topic but good writing.

meganann10meganann10almost 5 years ago
Not a good ending

To many unanswered questions. why did she cheat. was it an affair. was she sorry it happened, It wasn't the kids fault but she did however name the kid after the real father meaning she knew it was his. I understand him being very angry at his wife and the courts, but the kids are the ones losing in this case and why didn't he take his real daughter and just leave Justin with her. That to me would have made more sense no father should walk away from their children.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One measure of a successful story is ...

the number of comments it stirs up. By that measure, RR has succeeded. My overall impression of the commentariat on LW divorce stories is that they tend to be elderly, overly sentimental, mentally conditioned by feminist presuppositions that they have absorbed uncritically, and generally uninformed about the divorce industry.

I see this flash story as a "red pill". As someone who has worked as a lawyer in the "family courts", I offer a few basic observations: 1. Many family law frameworks (they vary by state) are as bad as RR writes, but all of them are unjust, mainly to husbands, but occasionally to wives. 2. Most women on the bench hardly deserve to be called judges (there are obviously men like that, too, but women are a far bigger problem) because they will often ignore rules of law in favor of their emotions and prejudices. When this happens, and it's not infrequently, it's virtually always in favor of the wife. Worse, the women judges do it cynically because they know that in the vast majority of cases the husband can't afford to appeal a blatantly illegal ruling. 3. Husbands and wives lie in "family court", but it is far more common with the women, and even in the most egregious cases I've never seen anyone referred for prosecution for perjury. 4. the often repeated trope in these stories that "she may be a cheating slut, but she's a good mother" is wrong. My experience is that in most cases, if the wife is cheating, it is a character issue that adversely affects her behavior as a mother. 5. The presumption that the wife should get the children is not in any Family Code, but it is, de facto, the law. This is a disaster because, as studies show, the most dangerous place for children to be is with a single mother. Why? Because the inevitable "boyfriends" pose a physical and sexual risk to the children. Mothers also tend to do a worse job of raising boys alone than fathers do (You doubt me? Just look, for example, at the problems of young males raised by unmarried women in the black community.) For the unsophisticated here, bear in mind that these are all statistical comments. My point is that in a sane system, the presumption would be that the children go with the father. I know that observation offends the women and feminized males here, but if you are concerned with reducing the overall rate of child abuse, that would be the rule. 6. Psychology and counseling are not science based, but they are entrenched profitably in the court system. These "disciplines" are built on institutionalized fads that change over time, and those fads are always highly political. What Gertrude Stein said of Oakland is also true of the alleged scientific basis for psychology and counseling: "There's no 'there' there." We believe in them the same way people used to believe in astrology and phrenology. Unfortunately, psychology and "counseling" are so firmly established in the universities, media, and elsewhere, that people refuse to see the scam for what it is (it's as if in the Wizard of Oz, when Toto pulls back the curtain revealing the fraud, Dorothy refuses to recognize the fraud because the image of "Oz, the Powerful and Magnificent", is so powerful). In the family law system, you can make a handsome living as a counselor or a psychologist even though, at best, they can do no more good than some layman who can give sound advice (that seldom happens because the typical "professional" advice is fad-based.).

Back to RR's story. What we have is a tale of the kind of thing that can happen when you have a grossly unjust judicial system. The only real villains are the system and the wife. RR doesn't tell us why the husband left with only the boy, but I assume that the point RR wanted to make was that injustice results in suboptimal outcomes. As for those who claim that the son's and daughter's life were ruined by what the father did, I've seen several situations in which siblings have been split. Children, as it turns out, are surprisingly resilient. In the cases I've seen, the split itself didn't destroy the children's lives. It was just their "normal". Of course, they didn't have the "Ozzie and Harriet" upbringing that is the benchmark for most commentators (and which we would all prefer in a more perfect world), but that wouldn't have been an option for them in any event.

RR is guilty of being a provocateur, and I appreciate his effort.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Another Thought

Why was she smirking at him? Did she hate HIM so much that she got her jollies at the Court screwing him after she did? Did she feel no guilt at what she had done?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Eh, punished his kids rather than his wife..

Eh, sad story. Why take out his anger on the kids and not the wife. She would likely get hitched again. He takes his son and leaves? Deprives her of some child support, that's it.

I would have sued the Doctors estate and hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Should get the daughter too

Based on the injustice delivered by the court, he should get the daughter too, just like that fugitive story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A Message for ClarkGarble.....

FUCK YOU and every gutless pansy who accepts being shit on by our corrupted legal system.

On visitation day, my ex-slut loaded the kids in their car and took off before I got there. The kids knew that I was supposed to pick them up and that's when she tore up the Judge's visitation order in front of the kids... saying, "No Judge is going to put the mother of three kids in jail." My oldest daughter sneaked away and came to my house the next afternoon to tell me what her mother had said and done. I got my lawyer on it but meanwhile, the bitch denied me visitation for the next four weekends until we finally got into court. I got lucky as hell when the Judge braced her saying, "I understand that you tore up my order in front of your kids and told them that no Judge would put the mother of three kids in Jail, Well, you take a good hard look at this Judge, young lady, because you're looking at the Judge who WILL!! Those kids WILL be there for their father to pick up every weekend or YOU will go straight to JAIL. Do you have any questions?" Her smirk was long gone as she meekly answered, "N--no."

She didn't doubt him for a second and neither did I. He looked like he wanted to send her up for life but didn't know how he could get away with it." There was no way for the slut to make up for the five weeks that I didn't get to see and spend time with my kids but she never pulled that shit again. As they got older, they remembered all the shit she did and turned on her. They made her life so miserable that she was relieved when they moved in with me. I never said a bad word about her or let them say a bad word about her to me but I knew they were smart and would do what they did when they could.

For the story.... ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and FUCK YOU again, Clarkgarble. Go play with your pee pee.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is as bad as KB's rape story

Must be something in the air.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow! An angry man.

I can see and understand his motivation. But none of the kids were at fault. Even the Doctor's kid had only known one Father. I can't imagine how messed up his head will be growing up. Then what about his daughter? Her Father simply deserts her? She's going to have issues too. And I'm not too sure that Mike Junior is going to be too happy about going to Mexico, leaving his Mother and two siblings and living in a country wherein he doesn't speak the language and knows no one but his Father. It probably would have been kinder to just leave him with his Mother. It think that's my main issue with this story. Mike should have left ALL the kids with Mom. It's Dad that's angry. And he never did talk to his wife about what happened. So the "cheaper to keep her" idea never came into play since Mike was too angry to even talk to his wife. What kind of special moron just sticks his head in the sand and runs off? A coward in my book. How long will it be before Mike Jr. calls home to talk to a sibling or his Mother? When that happens the police get involved and bad things happen. This story cries out for a sequel but I suspect this is the end. That is why I didn't like it.

2 stars

SanzegoSanzegoalmost 5 years ago
Not done yet

We need to hear her side of the story. Was it is a one time thing that resulted in Justin's birth or was it a long term affair that ended with his deployment with Doctors Without Borders? Was there a divorced planned for when Justin's father returned? Was Justin's real father married? You mentioned an estate, was Justin's dad rich? Could his grandparents become a factor? That last one is a bit of a reach but one avenue a second chapter could explore. Also, does the wife want the husband back? What were her thoughts during the divorce proceedings? Did she try and explain? We need a second chapter Mr. RR.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

he should have taken his daughter as well and leave the other little one with her it belongs to her let the whore raise him herself

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
Not one of your best efforts

The illegality of kidnapping a child, taking him out of jurisdiction without the courts permission, as well as the shittiness he displays as a father who would abandon his daughter, really sours this for me. Who do we root for? Who do we place our feet in their shoes? No one likeable here, and no discerning reason or explanation for the infidelity.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldalmost 5 years ago
Great start but there’s more.

When he gets to Mexico, he will find that US and Mexican border authorities know he crossed. When the court order for child support is lodged with the Mexican government, it will enforce the order as a valid foreign order. Canada will do the same. Bother are parties to reciprocating agreements with the US. Here’s reality. He’s going back to the judge.

The interesting sequel is to tell the story from the POV of the judge. She sees the infidelity, his anger, her irresponsibility and disloyalty, the boy’s coming life of emotional abandonment by his legal/not DNA dad. Tell the story of how she reacts to the mess. Lots of room here for a big story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "A Message for ClarkGarble....."

Frankly, the Judge should have thrown her in jail long enough for you to make up for the missed visitation, and for her to get the message that visitation orders are just that, ORDERS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
whao!

......maybe was a onetime thing!

........maybe she still love the husband and want back!

..........why didn't he didn't talk to her?

wtf! are you all for real? She had a baby with another guy. Named the baby after the guy and allowed the husband to be father to anither guy's baby unknowingly for 4years, only for him to find out that way?....Really?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Should of pissed on the dead asshole doctor after putting the cheating slut on life support.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
You lowlife bastard

How dare you write a story where a wronged husband refuses to accept punishment for his wife's cheating. Making the husband pay for the bastard child is icing on the cake of betrayal. You certainly opened a hornet's nest with this one. It's hard to believe how many comments absolve the cheating wife of blame and condemn the wronged father. I agree that it wasn't ideal for his children, but who cares about the bastard child. Certainly his father didn't. The pregnancy is probably the reason he left the country. In this, fictional, story the husband felt he had no other recourse to many years of financial and emotional misery other than the path he.chose. A good story ignites commentary, both pro and con. This must be a very good story. Fortunately, the cheating wife can't go back to Dr. Justin. Karma found.him, no matter how far he ran.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A great indictment of society under the Trump administration

I expect we'll see more and more people taking matters into their own hands. Unhappy with a marriage? Cheat. Unhappy with a divorce? Kidnap.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
Let me see if I get this right

Many of you fucking idiots want to know why she cheated, why didn’t he talk to her? Really! The is answer: who gives a fuck. She had four years and nine months to explain why she cheated. If I’m not mistaken, I didn’t see where she say a fucking word, not a got damn word. And now you want to know why, let me see she’s a slut, she’s a whore, most you are morons and RR told the story the right way. Hummmm, I don’t know, how to answer?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Same old misandry by the usual suspects

Knee jerk blame the husband. Pleeeeeenty of blame on the wife.

"Maybe she was raped." "Maybe it was just a one night stand / brief fling." SHE NAMED THE KID AFTER HER LOVER!! HELLOOO!! How much more contemptuous /disrespectful do you need her to be? So she knew, or at least strongly suspected, maybe even had doc's kid on purpose. Plus coming home crying after lover's death, so how long ago did affair end, or was it just on hiatus while he did his hero doctor thing?

Did she do the honourable thing and compromise and say "Okay, bastard is my responsibility, I'll have the birth certificate changed and not try to get support."? Nope, she did not.

Of course he took his son and left the country, if he stayed in the US he's at much greater risk of kidnapping charges and prison. And who's to say that he doesn't get his situation consolidated in Mexico and move on to an English speaking country.

Taking the son and leaving the daughter and bastard was "fair." He's the wronged party, so he "split" the support for "his" kids and left her kid with her. Let the bastard be a daily reminder to HER of what SHE did, rather than to him.

All in all, bastard is probably better off this way. Does anybody really think he's going to receive any love or "fathering" from this man. Think the kid won't notice "Dad" doesn't want him around? As for the other two, think the disrespectful wife won't shit talk her ex to or in front of them? Plus wife is obviously attractive enough to snag a handsome young doctor, how hard will it be for her to do so again? Although since she was outed as a cheater in her primary hunting ground that might be a bit more difficult now.

Husband felt himself backed into a corner and took the only path he felt he could. He's being financially raped and has no other recourse. RR said he researched his $ figures. So almost $1200 a month for three young children, with that almost guaranteed to go up until kids reach 18 and correct me if I'm wrong but he still pays even if wife remarries. That's A LOT OF MONEY! What could three little kids need that could possibly cost that much? How much is wife's supposed contribution? Or is it supposed to be that she takes care of them?

People who don't understand why MGTOW and Bruce Eden's organization exist need only look at this situation.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
The Morality Of This One Wasn't Even Close

Having seen your commentary on other writers' stories I can't help to think that this was satire. The dipshits that are applauding what this loser did in the story don't realize you're making fun of them.

I wish I finished the story before looking up how much more you pay for child support for the 3rd child. It seems it's only like 25% of what you pay for the first. So the dollar amount is tiny, but you already showed that in your story, so I wasted some time.

Let's see what she did and what he did:

She:

Had an affair of undetermined length that resulted in a child. Horrible and deserves being divorced and being humiliated at work by being served there.

He:

1. Turned his back on a 4 year old he raised and repeatedly called that child names. 2. Abandoned his daughter (I guess being female she didn't have as much value as his bio son).

3. Abandoned a 4 year old child who has only known him as a father.

4. Kidnapped his eldest son and taken him to a country with less educational opportunities, health care, etc., etc..

5. Deprived his "namesake" of his mother and siblings and other extended family. Of course, deprive the mother and the siblings of their son & brother.

6. Making an 8 year old live as a fugitive, having to change names and likely move many times.

Cheating on him was too good for this prick. Most animals treat their young better than this prick treated his own.

I can't help to think you wrote this story to draw out the losers. The morality of this one is not even close.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Sorry, for the first time I downgraded one of your stories

Good story, good script, good setup.

The ending, however, made no sense, was illogical, and petty. Damn immature, too. That wasn't justice of any sort, that was self-sacrifice and the sacrifice of his son's future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
3* Incomplete Story with lack of reality

Why didnt the husband sue the asshole doctor's estate? Also, Mexico has extradition with the United States. Then there is the question why the author didnt explain why the wife didnt leave hubby four years before and hook up with doctor. Dumb story. Ditto previous commenter.

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 5 years ago
Just the facts as he knows

The idea of making decisions without all the necessary details is intriguing. Emotion is the one detail that rings so roundly in this detail. However, we only know of his anger. The loss of his daughter is just a cost of doing bussiness. The kid he raised for 4 years is erased so that he does not have to be reminded of being a cuck. He moves to México rather than deal with a loaded court system and that is a bit understandable. Scorched earth can be fullfilling at the same base emotional level.This story deserves a bit more fleshing out but the tale does stand as readable ad wriiten. Comments are great ranging from the Anarchist Cookbook to tAlabamian to pure Cuck. I can see doing what he did but then again who wants to live in the turtle kingdom?

Rock Chalk

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A sad story

A well-written story about a sad situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Moron

Proves he is an absolute scum, his actions will do nothing but harm both his kids. If he wanted to leave and not pay child support fine, but don’t do mental harm to your children to get back at her

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Seems to me that if he was going ballistic enough to resort to kidnapping his son, he may as well have taken his daughter, too.

Of course, taking such drastic actions is highly unlikely to pay off for anyone, but the commenters completely excusing the wife's actions because the husband went crazy at the end don't make a lot of sense to me. Her actions are what drove him to it, and she wasn't even apologetic when she found out he knew, so they share the blame. It's like if a man cheated on his wife and she became angry, bitter and cut him off from sex, saying, "of course he would cheat on her - the frigid bitch!" Well, that was AFTER the fact. He became an asshole because of what she did. She didn't do what she did because he was an asshole. If he was so bad before, she could have divorced him at any time, apparently with very favorable results from the court.

Also, to those asking if it was a one night stand, well, if that's the case, it happened one night, almost five years prior, and she's crying over the guy for days and ignoring her husband, so it's easy to guess it was probably more than a one night stand.

I do have a pet peeve in these stories with the attorneys who don't want to work for a living. If someone is hesistant to fight for you at all, get a different attorney, because if they just want to roll over and give the other side whatever they want, what exactly are you paying them so much money for? You could do that all on your own.

I'm very thankful I've never had to deal with anything like this in my life. I can hardly imagine how painful it would be for the husband, the kids, even the wife.

I know you don't entirely sympathize with those sort of guys, ReedRichards, so even though it's not a completely sympathetic take, you don't write it from a perspective of the man having nothing to be upset about, so this is some nice work. He's single-minded in his fury, but it's easy to imagine someone feeling that way under those circumstances, if not going to such an extreme in his response.

I enjoyed you stretching out a bit.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
That's pretty cold leaving a daughter without her father...

...and a boy, even illegitimate, without a role model. Instead, I'd say get a legal separation of finances, sleep in separate rooms, treat her like a roommate, and give the kids what they need. But it's just a story...

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
Interesting

It sound like a statement rather than a story. Considering his profession it was potentially the best solution.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Finally

good to read a story where the dad rejected his wife's bastard. I've always wondered if I could love a surprise bastard like all the stories on here say. Can't imagine. Maybe if the kid was a teen or close. But a two or three year old? Hard to imagine.

Yeah, like to read chapter 2

Flar1958Flar1958almost 5 years ago
No justice

Only revenge of a coward. He was never a fahter only a selfish asshole to neglate the kids who called him father! What do you think is his daugther doing about her "dad" a 10 year old gets a lot and a 8 year old boy remembers as many. As always it only going about money! Its not the spermdotor its a father who raised a kid. You have written better storys, this is only bad, maybe you think better the next time.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 5 years ago
Trump Supporter?

The husband/father in this story is so foolish, narcissistic, and childish he just has to be a MAGA deplorable. Heil Trump!

Impo_64Impo_64almost 5 years ago
A good story, but...

A good story, but with a sad ending, a little like Solomon's justice...The mother was hit, but the innocent children too...The mother should have only stay with the bastard...That was justice...3*

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
comments on comments

Reed, finding a younger hotter woman never gets tiresome :). And in Mexico with electrician's pay...he won't even have to go look. They will find him.

Scorpio, agreed.

Xzy, sounds like a story you should write.

Anon 6/4 one measure- thanks fascinating and sounds like truth.

Anon 6/4 a message for clark gable-thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bravo

I love your stories but now you have actually written one that pisses a lot of people off. That means you have written a 5 star story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well that was certainly interesting....

For the record. You can not take a minor child across the boarder without both parents giving consent. Believe me, I found this out the hard way on a trip to France that my ex approved of since she was with her boy toy in the Bahamas. It was bloody impossible to get a hold of her and finally 4 hours later we did and got the required permissions. I know for a fact that he would have been arrested in Mexico and brought back here for this action, just ask the Millionaire Mom who took her son across the boarder to avoid prison time.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@ReedRichards & Huedogg

@ReedRichards, you said, "But it did have some meaning. Yes, Mike ‘traded’ having his daughter every other weekend for having his son full time. That was a rough trade, but is it something that a lot of men might do? I think so." If it's true that a lot of men would abandon a child, take another out of the country, force them to change their name, likely move him constantly to stay ahead of the law, abandon two other children, permanently separate children from the rest of their immediate and extended family is something a lot of men would "trade" for their own personal welfare and gratification is the best justification I've ever heard for mothers getting primary custody of the children in a divorce. If a father puts his ego and welfare about his children's welfare then the courts are right in thinking that a mother is the parent more likely to put their children's welfare first. While there are many examples of fathers putting their ego above their children's welfare in the news constantly, I sure hope a large majority of fathers hold their children's welfare paramount. At least I'd like to think so.

@Huedogg, the best way a retard can reduce the odds others may discover that they're retarded is to keep their retarded opinions to themselves. I'm sure you've heard this advice many times in your retarded existence, but since you're retarded I'm sure you need to be reminded often. If it's feminist thinking that it's wrong to kidnap a child, separate him from his family, and abandon two other children, not out of necessity or for the children's welfare, but to soothe the man's ego then I'm the biggest feminist. If it's socialist, communist, or nazi thinking then I'm one of those too. You fucking retard!!!

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
anon asshole

Your ex was right to try to protect her kids from you. Idiot judge. Asshole doesn't quite seem to cover you.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
Before reviewing the story, quick review on the comments...

Whole lot of them - a sure sign this story triggered a whole lot of them.

As usual, some were smart, others, as dumb as they come... you know, the usual.

Best one, though, has to go to Anon behind "One measure of a successful story is ..." - a whole lof of truths were dropped there, truths that way too many commenters will choose to ignore, since it may cause them to lose their fucking minds.

Anyway, whoever you are, sir: thank you for your honesty. It was very welcome, in this sea of hypocritical self-righteousness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pretty bad angry story

The guy was a schumck , his anger got the best of him. Never found out why ? Never tried to get closure . Never talked to his x wife. Just a ass hole reaction.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years agoAuthor
One of the Democrats’ complaints these days is . . .

. . . people graduating from college with six figure student loans to pay off. For a physician, such debts can easily exceed $300,000. Did Dr Marsh have any estate to garnish? As long as Mike was the legal father, and his wages garnished, Justin’s estate would be obligated to satisfy his student loan debts first.

A couple of commenters have suggested that I must not have any kids — I do — and that I must be a bitter man. Consider that I’ve written many stories here, and they come from all different perspectives.

My stories spring from my imagination, and while I do use some scenes from my experience in them, they are primarily fictional. This story was about as close to a BTBitch as I’ve ever written, though I’ve done a solid burn the bastard story before. I do try to write different things.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Sad

This is the reason family law is what it is today. Arsehole men who try to fuck the system after cunthole judges fuck over the males. Forget about the wives who want it all.

Unfortunately it is the kids who draw the short straw and suffer. Still they can look forward to treating their own children thecsame way when they are divorced parents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
An odd choice of details versus generalities, versus no information at all!

So, was this story about how this guy countered the bias in the legal system? Was that the point? Because we know the youngest son is not his child, and we know where his wife purchased the salmon, and we know he took his older son and moved to Mexico. But everything having to do with how and why his wife became pregnant by another man is apparently irrelevant to why you wrote this story. And that's too bad.

Don't really care what the judge and the lawyers said and did, nor how much money the house is worth, nor even if the salmon was frozen or fresh. But I think it would be a more interesting story if you:

1. Have the wife tell her side of the story, explain why she became pregnant by another man, and let her express her feelings and desires about divorce, reconciliation, and the future relationships between the parents and the children.

2. Have the children express their thoughts and feelings about the whole situation. And maybe describe the relationship between the father and his four year old son? The father is acting like he just discovered that his blue tick coon hound puppy is really a beagle, and he decides to drop him off at the animal shelter rather than raise a breed he doesn't care for. Maybe we can understand why the wife decided some other man would be better father DNA?

3. Describe what happens when the husband gets a decent lawyer and they sue the estate of the dead doctor for child support and related damages. If the husband wasn't such a dumb shit he would use the threat of divorce to get the whore wife to file claims against the doctor's estate and the hospital for the sexual harassment and rape she experienced. Of course if everyone in the hospital knew they had been fucking like lovers and rabbits, for years, then that case might be a little weak. But not his case for child support against the estate.

4. And just maybe describe some of the emotional and intellectual relationship between the husband and wife over the past 5 years? Was there no clue that his loyal loving faithful wife became the good doctor's slut about 5 years or so ago? Was there any indication at all that the wife was drifting away, or maybe was trying to reconnect with her husband after realizing that she had no future with a Doctors Without Morals asshole who knocked her up then abandoned her after her pussy got boring?

OK, where she bought the salmon was actually kind of interesting, but I think you might have included just a little more information about the people, not just the fish.

Thanks for the effort. Don't bother with a sequel unless its about people. That excludes judges and lawyers.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
After reading this, if you REALLY want to be piss at something and/or someone...

... You should be piss at a 'justice' system that punish a husband who sole crime was to be naive enough to believe his wife not only wouldn't be unfaithful to him, but wouldn't straight-up cuckolded him by making him raise her lover's baby.

Oh, before I go any further, let's just stop the many moronic reflections left by way too many commenters here that probably sounded really smart in their own minds, but really seems to show that a whole lot of them may be suffering from the early onset of dementia: Karen's relationship with Justin wasn't nothing. It definitely wasn't rape or an one-night stand. It was a full-blown affair. Her being upset about her lover's death was one indication of that; her having his baby, another; but, for me, the dead giveaway that what they had was indeed serious was naming their offspring JUSTIN, after him. A woman wouldn't never name the kid she made out of wedlock after the man that has impregnated her if she didn't have real feelings and fond memories of said man. It's just another point that clearly shows the true villains of this piece to be, as pointed out by Anon behind "One measure of... ": the system and the wife.

Did Michael ended this tale as an asshole? No doubt about it - hell, he even admitted it himself.

However, does anyone sincerely believe he was just as big of an asshole before discovering Karen's infidelity? Very doubtful. And, even if he was, that doesn't justify anything that she did here - if he was that bad of a husband, she should have just divorce him herself, especially after learning that she was pregnant with another man's child, instead of trying to pass her bastard on to him.

Does any of the MC's final actions justified? Well, they were as justifiable as all the misery that befallen on him. There's no justification behind him being cuckolded; none behind him paying alimony on a kid that wasn't his; can't still find one behind him losing full access to his REAL children while his wife, who's the main culprit behind the collapse of their family/marriage, still enjoy primary custody of them. So please explain to me how any of this could be the least bit fair, and I let you rage on all you want about Michael kidnapping his ONLY son - hell, I'll ever cheer you on while you're doing it!

Bottom line: if Michael is an asshole (something most of us can agree on), let's be just as honest in calling Karen an egocentric, self-serving cunt. Her cuckolding of her husband; her openly mourning the death of Dr Justin; her very agressive stand after getting served the divorce papers, lacking any remorse or pleading to save her marriage; her smirking after hearing her soon-to-be-ex is on the hook for the bastard she brought into their family... Yes, ladies and gentlemen - that's how you define a prime-A, no-doubt-about-it cunt, and you're doing yourself and this story a disservice by not admitting it. Oh, and less we forget: she's also a coward, since she had no intention in staying in the marriage in the first place, but didn't have the guts to walk away from it. How do we know this: the complete absence of demands for or even the mere mention of marriage counseling. In a lot of divorces, the court can and would make such a thing mandatory before the dissolution of an union, but, in some cases, such a step wouldn't be taken, unless one of the two parties requested it. Since we know there's no way Michael would be the one asking for it, such a demand would be in Karen's hands... and, obviously, she didn't make one. Now, what does that tells you? That she wanted out, of course! Her general behavior, as described by her ex, made that pretty clear - she just didn't have the backbone to do it herself. Maybe she didn't want to do it for the sake of her kids... but, the second Michael realize that Justin wasn't one of of his, this marriage was over.

A lot of commenters said that the MC didn't really think about his children, but, when you take the time to really think about it, as soon as he knew that the youngest one wasn't his, there were no possible happy outcome for them. If he staid in the marriage, as advised by his lawyer, maybe he would have turned out to be an amazing father to both Savannah and Junior, but he would undoubtedly have been a dreadful one to Justin, resenting his mere existence, and an even worst husband to Karen, for making him a true cuckold... which would have probably get them to the same exact place this story ended at. If he stuck around after the divorce, it's pretty clear that his ex would have turn his true kids against him, which would have hurt them regardless, and that the little one would still be ostracize for being a bastard. Obviously, Justin's childhood went to shit the moment the man he called 'dad' saw that news report, and the only person who knew this was Michael himself. All his feelings, all the love he had for that kid, it all disappeared, right then and there; the child he raised for the last four years became nothing else than the living, breathing testament that his marriage was a farce. Essentially, on that day, Justin lost both his fathers. This is why, out of the three of them, I'm pragmatic enough to feel the least sorry for him - not his fault at all, but he will nonetheless suffer the cost for having the misfortune of falling out of the vagina of a cheating cunt. Once again, not fair, but it is what it is.

If there's a kid who truly got the shaft here, it's obviously Savannah, who'll definitely be emotionally cripple by her father's abandonment. 'Kinda wish Michael left her some kind of message explaining his decision - 'don't know, maybe she was too close to her mom for him to bring her allow with Junior. Still, making it clear that he wasn't walking away from her, but from her mother and the B.S. she brought into their lives (aka Justin... poor kid!) should have been an absolute priority. Maybe he'll have a certified letter ready to be sent to her, at a later date, to tell her his side of things. Strangely enough, I'm not too worry about him getting Junior's full support, on their way to Mexico - something tells me that, if his son was the least bit a momma's boy, he wouldn't risked taken him in the first place, so to not have him call home to tell Karen later on. Eventually turning his boy against his mom shouldn't be too much of a problem, making his transition to their new surroundings easier (no doubt it may surprise some of you, but most young boys views adultery in very poor regard.... I know I did, as a kid.) Again, nothing positive to say about such an endgame, but you know who should be blame for such a mess.

'Wanna know what could have been the very best outcome for these children? If Karen woke up one morning, realizing how much Justin Jr didn't look like his supposed father, grew a spine and had a honest-to-God conversation with Michael where she would admit everything to him before he find up by himself. She could have tried to convince him to forgive her, to not penalize her youngest child for her poor behavior, and beg him to somehow salvage their marriage... or asked him for a divorce. If the two of them decided to stay married, after counseling and whatnot, maybe their whole family could have been saved, in the long run. If, however, divorce was the option taken, everything could have been split 50/50, with Karen NOT asking for child support for Justin, with would be, at least, a show of a contrition toward her ex, and would make their separation way more amicable. Who knows, maybe, down the line, Michael would eventually have a change of heart toward the little one, seeing him left alone while he takes care of his own kids, and bring him back into his life... Not as improbable an outcome as you may think. But forcing the kid on him, after he made it crystal clear wanted nothing to do with him - nope, 'would never have a work. A true recipe for disaster.

This whole story sure felt like the final account of a very acrimonious divorce, after all the fighting were done and every was essentially settle. Michael seldom gave us his true feelings about Karen's betrayal - sure, he was, throughout it all, quite angry, but what else did he felt? Does sorrow the only feeling he can now muster toward the toddler he raised for four years? It feels like Micheal was OK with giving us the play-by-play of his ordeal, but not the emotional despair it made him go through. Also, the final confrontation between him and Karen is lackluster, at best. In any case, his part of the tale seems to have concluded... So, if the author ever decide to continue this story, the POV should either shift to Karen, to Justin (now that would be interesting!) or to a third person narrator. I mean, it's not as if any of her motives are really made clear - sure, cheaters cheats mainly because they can, but her abrasive response to him leaving her makes you wonder why she is so remorseless over her actions. Also, although I understand his lack of interest behind the 'why' of his wife's behavior, it's still bizarre that she herself didn't felt any urgency in trying to share that with him. A decade-long marriage - he had valid reason for wanting to walk away from him... but what was hers? An eight years time-jump, with MJ coming back to his hometown, would be an interesting starting point to such a follow-up.

This was an all around sad read... but, then again, what kind of idiot can find any joy out of adultery, even as an abstract and/or fictional concept? Still one of the better efforts from this author, even though it stirs out so many negative feelings. Yes sir - there's a whole lot of justifiable hatred should be spread around here, but, if you ever left Karen out of your shit-list, what can I say...

Except: your parents really failed you, did they?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The Good, The Bad, And The Trashy

Against my own judgement I ended up rooting for this sad sack husband. Why? Not sure. Women have been coddled by the kosher feminized courts for a looong time now. Women play the courts and it has got to stop.

My guess is a huge smackdown to whoring wives could be made in one single generation if the laws were balanced out. I've seen this up close - women make a business out of short marriages entrapping men. It's disgusting what it does to kids.

He should have taken the girl, too. Fuck, he should have taken all three kids! The part about punishing the bastard boy is the part that doesn't add up. He could hire a cute señorita to help in the raising. No sweat.

Dragonmann says "that was bad" when the courts favored men. Really? Do you only have one ball between your legs? In all of old Europe where it was wisely felt that women needed a bit of a shorter leash, people built this thing called C.I.V.I.L.I.Z.A.T.I.O.N. Wives and Whores were mutually exclusive. Say what you want about the old egyptians, the smart chinese, the mayans, bla bla bla. I'm fine with all of it. But you should really get your head out of your ass and check this Civilization thing out.

Out on the Plains in the 19th century there were buffalo-harvesting Frenchmen, many with Indian wives. A skilled woman could skin and butcher 10 buffalo in one day, and pack the seasoned meat in the skins (pemmican). Fucking TEN. Now that's a badass woman. Probably had a kid swingin' off each teat.

But it's Mexico that is the problem with this story. Fact: More US citizens get murdered in Mexico than in all other states in the entire international system COMBINED. It's a hellhole for peace of mind. My friend brags about his joint down south of cozumel. Did you hear about the tourista murder/robbery ring there? The bartenders and staff were all in on it. They would pick their marks and the people would start washing up on shore - and the numbers were shocking. Easy to cover up in ol' mehico!

So, taking your progeny to Mexico is not on the agenda. You're ginna need a real good reason for going there. Someone mentioned Thailand...

Overall I would rather read a story with more pathos and depth, but somehow he got his point across. Also, please cut out the trashy language. Cussing is one thing, but all of the bitch talk, etc. What is this, daytime television?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
Nice.

Yes, It would've been more fun

knowing what happened after Mexico.

But would that have been a part of the story

or a follow up of it?

As always, that's in the hands of the writer.

What I read was a very good story.

Good plot, good writing.

Courts, unfortunately, don't always follow justice.

They follow law.

The hero of the story found a way

to execute justice, the best way he could.

Until laws are just,

this is the best we can hope for.

Even though the story was short,

the spirit of it gets top ratings from me.

Thanks RR for the entertainment.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
Johnadp, seeing that the best part of you

Ran down the crack of your mothers ass and became a shit stain on the mattress. I can’t fathom than a cuckold idiot like you would ever address another man without permission but since you stepped in. It’s morons like you that help the failed system work. Family law is based on the husband being the father. But in many cases like yours, you know being a willing cuckold. The system flourishes. And as far as some of you thinking that Mexico will extradite for custodial interference. Think again! Custodial interference is not considered a violent or an important enough crime to be considered for extradition. And it’s because idiots like Janeadp that find fault with a man not willing to cuckold himself for a slut. ReedRichard was right about one thing, he was slightly off on the numbers but in the United States one out of every three DNA test given the husband is not the father. But the thing I find amazing is idiots like You Johnadp Blame the husband you don’t blame bio dad you blame the husband. Hell you don’t even blame a slut , So when a egotistical moron like you called me retarded well I welcome it as a compliment. Because if I were as fucked up as you, I would rather clean My testicles with a Brillo pad. Get over yourself and maybe You to can find out who your baby daddy is.

moblanemoblanealmost 5 years ago
Justice?

Whatever any commenter thinks about the husband, this situation falls firmly into the 'court' of the judge, the law and the slut wife. I have NEVER hit a woman or girl even in retaliation( even when it really the 'right thing to do') but certain females in this story deserve some serious hurt! All this horseshit about 'the good of the child' is subjective and decided by demented legal 'scholars' and dumb bitch/asshole judges! There is a limit to what most men would do 'for the good of a child' in this situation and the actions taken by the husband, although severe, at least left everyone breathing! The law must change to punish the guilty. Kids are never guilty but neither is the wronged spouse. Surely there is enough intelligence in the legal community to get to grips with this! I always wondered why the sketchy males on "Maury" never signed the birth certificate. it is just defence against an unjust justice system. I shall think kinder of them in future!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What is Justice?

This was an interesting LW story where BTB was the intent. There was a solution, pack up, grab one kid and flee. I could sort of understand the feeling but this was an unsatisfactory story. Clearly, as others analyzed, this wasn't a one time shot by Justin into Karen and now is he definitely gone. As usual, life is much more complex than we try to make in a story but this one, for me, is shallow. She didn't "pay for her sins" very much and he didn't win much either.

Can you add part II to make up for this?

T.T.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@Sbrooks103x "Smirking" & Idea Of Justice

First @Sbrooks103x makes the point that her smirking in court shows her remorselessness. But I think you missed the whole point here which is fundamental to the whole story. We don't know if she was smirking. The MC says he didn't want to look at her because he assumed she would have been smirking.

I think a lot of what was going on was in the MC's head. He assumed all this was done to humiliate him. He assumes he didn't get justice or the courts were unfair to him (I will make the case below that the court decision was pretty balanced). If outside of this whole Justin episode if the wife had been a good wife and loving mother, then it's more likely she would have been sad to see her husband really angry and the breaking apart of the family. So maybe if he looked at her he would have seen a remorseful sorry face.

Why The Decision Was Nowhere The Court Fucking Him Over:

What was the court's decision:

1. All their assets to be divided evenly (even though she brought home more money and paid more for things).

2. The house would be sold in one year and the profit divided 50-50.

3. No alimony since the wife made slightly more.

4. Child support, he would have to pay about $150 more for the third child than he would have paid for the first two. I looked up the law on child support, and of course it depends on the state, but the formula they use is for the first child 20% of the paying parent's net income, the second child 5% and third child 5%.

5. Since the wife made more money working 2 or 3 days less per week than him that means she was doing more of the care-taking of the house and the kids. Should the courts have compensated her for all those years of her doing that? Because with this guy's mentality if the reverse was the case he surely would have thought it's only just that he got compensation for the extra care he put in.

Here is the thing about the child support he would have had to pay. So let's say the court deemed instead of $1,500 he ended up paying he would have had to pay $1,300 for the first two only. Well, either way that money is divided up between all the kids. So if he paid $1,300 instead of $1,500 then his two bio children would have had less money too. It's not like the mother is going to go well since I'm not getting child support for Justin then the first two get the better food, new clothes and shoes and Justin gets goodwill clothes. I get the principle of it irking him, but parents have sacrificed a lot more than $150 a month for the welfare of their children. And I know a lot of divorced fathers voluntarily paying more than the court orders because it benefits their children.

Also, a decent man might say look I can't stand to look at Justin (at least for now when emotions are running high), but I will CHOOSE to pay the little extra a month (even if the court said he didn't have to) for Justin and you let Justin know that he is no different than his siblings. It's not his fault, and even though right now I can't deal with him, I want him to feel loved and not grow up thinking he is fatherless and discarded.

And that $18,000 extra a year is not going for the mother's amusement. Remember the house is sold so the wife now has to rent a new place. She can't rent a one bedroom like him, because there are 2 children (I'll even leave Justin out). So she needs money for extra rent, extra utilities, extra food for two extra mouths to feed, clothes and shoes for two growing children, entertainment for them, etc, etc.

What was so egregiously unjust by the court system in this story? That he had to pay $150 more for a child he raised for the first four years as his own? That the court didn't order that the wife be whipped in public and a Whore be branded on her forehead? That $150 more a month when he made $65K or $70K a year was so out of line and so unjust? I wish that's the most injustice courts exert on average.

Last point that I think a lot of commenters miss in these LW stories. They point out, but she did this or did that FIRST. If a cheating wife is a bad parent that means the father has to compensate for that, not use that as an excuse to be a bad parent as well or even worse. If a father is distant, doesn't spend a lot of time with the kids, doesn't do homework with them, should a mother then say well he only spends 2 hours a week with the kids at most so that's all I need to do. Or would a good mother say these kids are not getting enough attention from their father so I need to do even more than my share. A good parent thinks about the needs of the children. He/she doesn't use one parent being bad as an excuse to do less.

Retard Huedogg. Use paragraphs to separate thoughts. But then again it's just a long rambling of nonsense so never mind!

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 5 years ago
Damn!

Many of us know cases like this. At least up through the court process. Judges are like Gods with some limited guidelines. Men often get “raped” and left to figure out their lives with minimum funds after the event. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this event. Interesting concept.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Johnadp

I won't insult you, or call names , and I know you are an intelligent man. But how is a woman putting her children's welfare first when she has an affair, no cheats, and gets pregnant. This destroys the marriage and tears apart a family. How is that showing her concern for the children? In this story the father's actions were all due to the wife's cheating and him being forced to care for the bastard child. It's just not reasonable to give a blanket opinion that the mother is the better parent.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@26thNC Re "JohnADP"

I think I should have been more clear on the second sentence of the paragraph you're referring to.

So the first part is that if one perceives the mother in this story to be a bad parent, then the father needs to do even more than he would have done otherwise TOWARDS THE CHILDREN to compensate for the wife being a bad parent.

The second portion where I said if the father is distant, etc, and the mother needs to compensate for that was not about this story. It was in general terms, not related to this story, and had nothing to do with if one or the other cheated. Just if one parent is distant, doesn't take much time with the kids and spends most of their free time in doing stuff fun for themselves ignoring the children, then the other parent shouldn't use that as an excuse for them to self indulge as well. That a good parent attempts to compensate for the deficiencies of a bad parent.

A lot of the LW commenters attitude is well she was the bad parent first so why should there be the extra burden on him to be a good parent? If she cheated first, then I say he has carte blanche to not abide by his marriage vows, and he can fuck whoever he wants without any feeling of guilt. However, if she was a shitty parent first that doesn't give him carte blanche to be a shitty father too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I think he should have talked to her ? ? ?

a second chapter is nesasary lol

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 5 years ago
It plays this way more than not

The court claims to have to find for the good of the child in all cases. I have heard of other cases where the cuckold ends up paying child support for the illegitimate child because the biological father can't. I have also read cases where the cheating husband gets raped in the divorce, and cases where the cheating wife still rapes the husband in divorce. Today's liberal judges don't feel that adultery should weight the advantage to the injured spouse. I don't know why that is the thinking, but it may have something to do with this modern notion of a woman's body is hers to do with as she pleases. I'm pretty sure they don't see it the same way when it is the husband committing adultery. We males cannot expect any justice in family court.

However, I liked this story. It shows how having a skill makes it easier to cash out; pull up stakes; relocate; and start anew elsewhere relatively easily. Not so easily done with a white collar job. I appreciate the husbands ingenuity in getting justice for himself since he couldn't get it in family court. The only fault found on his part is that he didn't take time to at least talk with his wife but just forged ahead. He may have found that the attorney was right: "Cheaper to keep er."

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
26thNC, talking to Johnadp is like talking to a Matt Monroe Character

The fact is no matter what the wife does he’s on her side. If you want to know facts look it up online or go to Man for Justice. There’s a guy name Carnell Smith who testified before the supreme court and before the Senate. About this very topic, His ex came to him after being separated for at least six years and said hey I have a baby and is yours. He was taken to court and his child-support was that at $1000 a month. He pay child support for over 10 years only to find out after the child gets sick and needed a transplant, he was not the father. Once he discovered he wasn’t the father he went back to court . But because the child was 10 in as the law he’s the father. So the mother went back to court feeling that he did wrong and ask for more child-support and Asked that he not be able to see the child. The court agreed, He was allowed to pay child support but not be able to see the child. All in the name of the best interest of the child. I’ll even go one step further, those of you who are in the military or were in the military know what a FAP advisor is. At least 45% of my cases had to do with some form of infidelity or questions about paternity.

One of the biggest things I did was when I had a young couple, I would ask what they expect of the military. Because being a military spouse is a very hard thing to do. I would explain to them that I have been married for 27 years and been in the military for 24. Also that my wife is in military and has been here for 23 at the time.

And I also have explain to them how many times I’ve had a couple sit in front of me where the husband finds out he’s not the father and the wife feels that he’s the need to take care to child. The wife feels that in the best interest of the child, that you’re the only father that the Child knows, you should take care of a child. And for lot of guys they try to step up. It’s about 50-50 and those cases, The really hard cases are the ones where the husband finds out his child or children aren’t his. He just came from a war zone And now you’re asking that man to except someone else’s child because he was lied to from the beginning. You’re asking him to look in the face of the child and see that betrayal every day. Because in Johnadp eyes, he’s less of a man for not being able to handle that betrayal. This is happens a lot more than people see. I laugh in the face of idiots that have no idea of what goes on in the real world. While I agree with 24thNC about everything except was he said about Johnadp level of intelligent. I do enjoy the challenge. Just some more ravings from a madman.......LooooooooooL

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous