All Comments on 'The Origins of Rahab's Red Book'

by Pixiehoff

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Fact? Fiction?

No idea; the way it reads it could be either. But whichever it is, Pixie, it's a very interesting premise and I do hope there will be more.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Nicely written. But I have to wonder ehy you haven't introduced the protagonist. Only one reference that it was female, I think. Without that person to reference the story has no rudder, especially written in 1st person. As reader I need to know what 'I' am meant to be.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years agoAuthor
Ultimate

I should have put In the reference to Pixie02: Chapter 6.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
I had been wondering...

...whether you would revisit this story line within the "Pixie" series. I am sensing a strong connection between Rahab and Pixie, and I am hoping to read more about this. :)

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticabout 3 years ago

I think everything that needs to be known about the narrator is revealed over the course of this story.

First she is just someone who visits Istanbul with her friend (Alexandra).

We learn that she has studied Greek and the scriptures at university level.

Then we learn that she has a friend, possibly a colleague (Helen) at the British library.

It is revealed that she has been married (to Sarah), but isn't anymore.

Finally we learn about her religion: Jewish by heritage, secularized by her father, Anglican Christian by choice.

A quick look at Rahab book 1 ch 1 shows the first paragraph of the book quoted here verbatim.

Is there more to it? Yes there is for anybody who dares to embark on the journey with Rahab. Or Danegyth. Or Pixie.

The author weaves a fabric where everything is connected in all her stories. It is up to us to discover the connections.

PixiehoffPixiehoffabout 3 years agoAuthor

The link here is with “Pixie, pt.02 Ch.06” where Pixie discovers the Red Book in the chest. This narrative did not fit in with the pace of the Pixie saga, but I wanted to say something about the book which I could not say there, hence this. I am, as you know, meditating an expansion here because the time may be ripe. xxxxx

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPixiehoff@Pixiehoff
I am Mrs Pixie Peters the owner and yenta of Emily's Escorts, where I chat and help others find lovers. I am married to the love of my Lit life, June Peters (JPintraining), so please don't ask me to play because I won't - but I will try to help you find someone who can. There ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES