The Outer Banks

Story Info
A new start for Robin in her Outer Banks beach house.
15.6k words
4.71
17.4k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I am a 60+ year old bi woman. All my stories contain fictionalized characters from long ago memories and recent events of my life. They are memoirs spiced with a kinky imagination. I am submissive by natural inclination in most relationships, sometimes extremely submissive in sex.

If you like kinky mature women I hope you will like my stories and please comment on what you liked and perhaps didn't like to help me improve. I sometimes include passages from previous stories I have published here on Literotica.

THE OUTER BANKS

This is a story of transition, a journey, figuratively and literally. Join me as I travel from the home I have lived in for the last 10+ years in Florida to my new home in North Carolina.

Part 1 -- Beth. On the first part of my trip I'm thinking about my wife Beth, how we met, our time in Florida together and events surrounding her death.

Part 2 -- Half way. I'll take a break from the driving and maybe find some nice man or woman to warm my bed.

Part 3 -- Barbara and Anne. On this the second part of my trip I'm thinking about two of the many failed attempts to move beyond Beth and restart my life.

Part 4 -- A new beginning. My journey ends and I arrive at my new/old home for what I hope will be a new beginning.

THE OUTER BANKS

Part 1 -- Beth.

I will very soon hit a landmark birthday and in keeping with a woman's prerogative, I will not tell you how old I will be. Let's just say I am approaching the far side of middle-age. I have, as we all have, experienced a number of life changing events over time. The death of my partner, wife, Beth, was the most significant of those events for me.

I have decided that this birthday, ok, ok, my sixty-fifth, will be a time for change.

My home in Florida will be leased to a nice young couple who are just starting out in life. I am moving to a cottage in North Carolina I have owned for many years. It is where I started over after my marriage ended and where I met and fell in love with Beth.

Workmen came on Tuesday to install the deadbolt lock on the smallest bedroom's door so I could use that room to store things while the house is leased.

Moving is a sad time for me. So many things I couldn't live without when I acquired them now seem meaningless. A few important things, Beth's picture as well as my daughter (Beth's natural daughter) Bailey's picture will go with me in my car along with clothing and personal items for a few weeks. All my other clothing, I have surprisingly little, and other things I want will be shipped to North Carolina. Everything else goes in the storage bedroom and is locked away for my return. It's time to move on.

Let me take a few moments here to explain something I think may be important to help you better understand this story. Years ago a good friend and business partner's extended family inherited a huge oceanfront house set back from the beach in the Outer Banks area of North Carolina. After a number of family disputes, (war over money) they voted to sell the main house and the small guest cottages that sat between it and the ocean.

I had just divorced and my business was doing very well so I invested in those two cottages on a quarter acre with the intention of renting one and living, at least part time, in the other. The purchase of those houses and land proved to be the single most valuable investment I have ever made.

Over the years the rental income from those cottages has allowed me to make improvements to both. What were bare bones one bedroom cabins with a minimal kitchenette and an outdoor shower are now winterized one bedroom cabins with small functional kitchens, real bathrooms and modern heating and air conditioning. I lived in one cottage for about a year when I had finished the initial improvements. That is when I met Sarah and through her my future wife Beth.

Recently, knowing I would soon be living in one of those cottages again, I made further investments in one to upgrade the bathroom and install a gas log fireplace in the main living area.

Over the years the cottage rental and maintenance were handled by a local rental management agency. They used a man named Charles to do all the maintenance and manage larger construction projects. I met him when I first contracted with them years ago and we became friends and for a short time, more than friends. I think the term people use today is Friends with Benefits. Charles did indeed have a magnificent 'benefit.'

When I first met him, I learned that Charles was a married, retired Marine Corps officer working to keep busy but also to supplement his income. Before Beth I always thought that if he were not married...oh well...he was and a baby was on the way.

Now, having told you all that, where was I? Oh, yeah. As I drove North to the Carolinas I was thinking that now, with my life at a turning point, I was going full circle and returning to my first real home. The home Beth and I shared when we first met. A six a.m. departure would lessen the traffic thru the cities leading out of Florida. The drive to the Outer Banks was giving me time to think about the past.

I wrote a series of stories about that time in my life, how I met and fell in love with Beth. Read them in my SARAH and ROBIN stories.

The short version...

In the end it was simple. I was living in one cabin and a woman named Sarah rented the second cabin and seduced me. Sarah, unknowingly, I think, took advantage of the perfect storm of my having found out that I would never have children and then being dumped and divorced by my husband. My self esteem at the time was at an all time low. I was so easily pushed into a very submissive role.

There came a day when Sarah with not a word of explanation, asked me to bring her to the airport saying she would be back in a few days.

After a week she called. Friday was airport day. Sarah was coming home!

Dressed in my favorite jeans, a white sweater and my "witch of the west" red pumps I waited at the airport. The plane was delayed and that made the anticipation worse.

Why was I so dependent on this fucking woman? She did not, it seemed, respect me and was clearly using me at every opportunity both physically, emotionally and financially.

The danger in being submissive is that what may seem like a simple sexual preference can spin out of control as it had for me with my ex and now Sarah.

I sat and waited and finally saw her exit the gate area. She was not alone! Sarah was walking, actually holding hands with, a younger taller woman.

As she approached she dropped the woman's hand and gave me a hug, a sincere warm hug. She whispered in my ear: "Ah, Robin, it's so good to be back. Thank you for coming. Don't worry it will all be ok." She did not wait for a response. Sarah stepped back and gesturing to the woman to come forward said, "Robin, this is Beth. Beth say hello to Robin." We shook hands and kissed cheeks. I hate that custom.

We drove back to the cabin with just the usual 'how was the flight' BS talk. I wanted to scream: "Sarah, where the fuck have you been? Why the hell did you go? Who the fuck is this bitch Beth?"

When I tried to ask a related question Sarah shut it down by saying: "Robin, Beth I can imagine you are both confused and want answers. We will discuss this later."

I got an answer of sorts when Beth's response to Sarah was, "Yes Ma'am."

As we approached the cabins Sarah informed us: "Beth, you and I will be staying in my cabin at least for now, just follow me. Robin, you will remain in yours." She was back and yet after they left the car with their luggage I was alone again sitting on my deck looking at the moon and drinking. I was drinking too much.

At about my third glass of wine I saw movement on the beach approaching my deck. It was Beth. As she came up the stairs she asked me in a soft voice, almost a whisper, to please not tell Sarah she had come to see me. She lied to Sarah and told her she was going for a walk on the beach.

In the next 30 minutes I learned that Beth had been with Sarah on and off for a few years and that she felt very strong dependence on her. We agreed to spend more time talking at every opportunity.

Another day or two went by and I got a visit from Sarah. She told me that I was important to her but so was Beth in very much the same way. She told me I would be moving to her cabin where the three of us would live.

That first day after the move was awkward. I was wondering what the sleeping arrangements would be in this one bedroom cabin with only a queen size bed. As the day went on it became clear that Sarah was being openly and physically affectionate with both of us.

That afternoon Sarah took my hand and led me into the bedroom and told Beth to follow.

She looked at us both and said: "I know you two have had your little secret meetings. This is simple. If you want out, just tell me. Understood? Agreed?"

We both said: "Yes ma'am." I realized at that time that Beth and I really had become dominated by her wishes. Sarah smiled, stood and said: "I would like you both naked now. You will remain naked except for your panties as long as I say." We both hesitated at first but when she glared at us and said, "WELL?" We striped. When we finished she said: "Now look at each other. Do you like what you see?"

We both, and it annoyed the hell out of me, reflexively again said, "Yes, ma'am."

Sarah said: "It would please me right now to watch you make love."

I looked at Beth and remembered our conversation from only a few nights before and I felt a closeness to her, a warmth, I did not expect. I leaned in and kissed her gently. She responded by putting one hand on my face sort of pulling me in and putting her other hand around my back further pulling me in.

I put my arms around her. Her tongue was between my lips asking for more and her hair smelled like coconut. It was thrilling to feel her younger firm breasts pushing into mine. I felt Beths hand searching in my panties between my legs, her finger trying to push in as we drifted to the bed. She was a very giving but demanding lover. She made me want to surrender to her and I did.

I remember her face as she reached her first orgasm. I remember the musk of her smell and the wonderful curve of her untanned pale bottom as I pulled her panties off and my face found its way between her legs. I remember the soft strength of her thighs as they surrounded me and the feel of her feet on my back as she opened to me. In the morning I awoke to find the three of us in a tangled mass of limbs in the small bed.

Two weeks later Sarah left us to deal with a family illness.

One evening Beth and I sat on the deck and for the first time talked honestly about our current situation. We admitted to each other that we had both fallen into some almost slave relationship with Sarah. We also admitted that we loved it. Right or wrong it suited our needs right now.

As the conversation turned back to us, Beth told me that it was not until weeks after Sarah left her that she realized how much she needed her. Beth had in fact called and begged Sarah to take her back in. That explained Sarah's sudden departure from my life. What could be better for a Dom like Sarah than one Sub? Two!

The talk that followed was very eye opening. Beth was younger than me but had actually experienced more. She confessed that she worried that her needs, taste, in sex and relationships was just "wrong." Now with Sarah in control she didn't care.

As the evening wore on Beth took my hand and pulled me onto the beach for a walk. We swam nude in the warm North Carolina water and kissed and hugged in the waves. When we returned to the cabin, we washed in the outdoor shower dried each other and went to bed.

I felt electricity enter my nipples and travel to my clit when she again pressed her breasts against mine. I remember so vividly how hard and extended her nipples became when I sucked them. Her smell was my undoing. From the coconut in her hair to the warm womanly musk of her vagina, her smell was delicious, intoxicating.

Sarah was gone for three weeks. That time opened a window, an opportunity, for Beth and me to get to know each other. No one in my life so quickly and completely imbedded themselves in my mind as Beth did. We were the same in many ways but we were both also the key to new areas of exploration, of limits to test. When Sarah did return it was surprisingly only to get her things and say good bye.

After a while, months, living with Beth I was beginning to think a very long term relationship would be possible. I actually thought at least once about moving elsewhere and starting over with her, asking her to commit.

What I didn't know was that Beth had met a guy on the beach and was fucking him every chance she could. When I found out and we talked about it she used the word love for the first time.

She said: "Robin, I love you, I truly love you but I need a man in my life every now and then. Can we find a way to make this work? I need you and I don't want to hurt you."

The guy she was seeing was married so before long he dumped her and the problem went away for a while. Days became weeks and we settled into a life we both loved. Beth found her occasional fling and I closed my eyes and let it happen hoping she would not bring an STD into our lives. She had a need I could not meet and I seemingly had no choice but to live with it.

As they say in the commercials, there's more. As the days became weeks and weeks became months Beth asked if her daughter Bailey might join us for a while. Of course the answer was yes and Bailey, a beautiful open honest young lady joined our family. Bailey was a freshman in college. She had been living with her dad who was killed in a car crash.

Bailey joining us prompted the move to Florida I already wanted.

Time passed quickly. We had friends in common and friends individually. Beth's need for men seemed to lessen but every time I was close to asking Beth to marry me she would drift away for a time. We always talked about it. She always said she loved me and it would not happen again.

A year became two. Beth found a job in real estate in the booming Florida housing surge. Bailey had made plans to fly in for Spring break with us and not play with her friends at the beach. For our part, Beth and I made plans to keep her busy and not regretting the decision to spend the time with us.

Beth had an appointment to show a house so we agreed that I would drive in to the busy Orlando airport to fetch Bailey and we would all meet up at the house and perhaps get dinner out.

The plane was late, surprise surprise, and when I called Beth to tell her we were running late her phone went right to messages. I left a message telling her our new timing. She would be home well before us.

The plane finally arrived and we headed home. I called Beth to tell her we were on our way and her phone again went directly to messages. Strange, she should be on her way home or already there by now. Oh well, we were only 20 miles away, I'll bet she left it off after her appointments.

When we arrived home Beth's car was not in the driveway. We parked and went in. I checked for messages on my cell phone and the house hard line phone message machine. Nothing. Bailey checked her phone messages. Nothing. Now I was getting nervous. Where was that woman?

An hour went by. We called the real estate broker, Beth's employer, at home...bad news...Beth had no appointments today. Now I am panicking but for reasons I could not explain or share with Bailey.

My phone rang and the Caller ID showed Beth's number, thank you God.

When I answered the phone it was Beth with a lot of road noise in the background. She told me she was sorry but things took longer than planned and she would be home in thirty minutes. I asked her where she was and she just said "I'm sorry, I'll be home soon, say hello to Bailey." And she was gone. The phone was silent.

I looked at Bailey and told her her Beth said hi and that she got delayed and would be home soon.

Bailey smiled and asked if she had time for a shower. As Bailey showered I simmered. I just knew Beth was fucking around again. It seems like every time I make up my mind that I'm just going to shut up and accept it I get lulled into a sense of security and then slapped in the face again. How many men now was it 10, 15? My big fear is, if men why not women? Younger more attractive women. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

I hear her car in the driveway. There can be no scene, not in front of Bailey. As she enters I hug her and ask, "Busy day huh? How did it go?"

Beth replies, "Crazy day. Bailey here?" Without waiting for an answer, "Can we just go out to Luigi's for Pizza? I'm really beat."

Just then Bailey enters the room and I don't have to carry on a conversation anymore.

Luigi's, our favorite Pizza joint, is great. Loud and busy and has cold cold Sam Adams on draft.

When we return it's late and Bailey, I think sensing something is wrong, apologizes for being tired and goes to bed.

Beth, picks up on my mood and asks, "Robin, have I done something? Is something wrong?"

Of course by now, I have convinced myself that she is fucking around with a woman or a man and maybe even a gypsy caravan so I blurt out in a whispered snarl, "Oh, I don't know, what ever could be wrong except that you did not work today and you were gone all day and your phone was turned off!"

Beth just looked at me, knew what I was thinking, and said, "No baby no! I can explain. Give me a chance to explain but not where Bailey can hear."

She takes my hand and leads me into the bedroom

As we undress she tells me that we have to keep Bailey safe and not knowing, keep everything just between us. We have to keep everything secret. Crazy talk. She is talking like I know something I clearly do not know. As we climb in bed I know we have been here before she is going to try to hug and kiss and promise the problem away.

I am wrong! I have been wrong, so very wrong, for the past four hours!

Beth lays in bed looking straight up at the ceiling and not at me.

"Robin, please don't say anything. This is very hard."

Here it comes!

"Doctor Cat (our internist and gynecologist) sent me for tests after my last routine checkup. I went to the Woman's Medical Center today for the results of those tests. I saw several doctors there and met with Doctor Cat right after. Robin, I'm in big trouble and I'm going to need you to be strong and help me." Now Beth is holding my hand in a vise grip. She continues, "We have an appointment with Doctor Cat the day after Bailey goes back to school. I don't want her to know anything or worry."

She turns and looks at me. Tears are flowing from her eyes.

Somehow I know enough to say nothing, not a word. I held her and felt her emotion, her grief, enter my heart and we cried together.

Only six months later...

My time with Beth is over. I knew I had to move on but first I needed to assure Bailey that she would be taken care of. She is now my responsibility and I see to her needs. Bailey is just finishing her undergraduate degree in New England and has become in every way the daughter I could never have.

Bailey is Beth's natural daughter and my unofficial adopted daughter. She came home when the end was near and stayed until the following semester started at school.

We talk about money. She has not said a word about it but I know she is concerned that with Beth gone she will have to drop out of school. Bailey does not realize that With her father gone I have been paying tuition and expenses for the past three years. No need to tell her now but I do assure her that she will finish school without borrowing money. Bailey asks if her mom Beth had left money for that and I lie and tell her yes, her tuition and expenses will come from her moms estate. Of course there is no money but I want to cement an image of her mom loving her, caring for her. I think she knows the truth but if she does, that knowledge will remain buried at sea with Beth's ashes.