The Outer Veil, Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dreik swiftly scooped up the thrael and threw him onto the bed in a display of overpowering strength, pinning him down before engaging in a passionate kiss.

"You're utterly adorable, but there's no need to be embarrassed. People here are different from those on Talus. They view sex as fun, not taboo. You've witnessed the pleasure whores firsthand. And I promise that there are many who behave far worse without any incentive. If you reveal your self as a slut in public, so be it. I take pride in owning you. Why would I want you to hide your self from the world?"

He leaned in for another kiss, his hand slipping under Shaylin's top to gently pinch a nipple, causing a moan to escape the thrael's lips.

"Now I love how horny and sexy you are, but it's time to eat." Dreik declared, resuming his composure and leaving a thoroughly aroused Shaylin to join him for lunch.

Shaylin found the food to be peculiar. It emerged from slim, transparent pockets, resembling large soft clumps that could be squeezed and easily chewed. The flavors were intense and unlike anything he had tasted before. The shapes were amorphous, offering no hint of their original form, and most dishes were softer and juicier than what he was accustomed to.

However, one particular pocket made Shaylin abruptly stop eating. Although the flavor was pleasant, something about the texture rendered him unable to chew or swallow. Perplexed, he attempted another bite, only for his jaw to lock before he could proceed. Something was very wrong with this food.

"What... What is this, Master?" He asked, perplexed by the clump in front of him.

Dreik looked up, confusion evident as his eyes darted between the frozen thrael and the pocket in his fingers. After a few moments, realization dawned upon him.

"Synth-meat!" he exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, thrael don't consume animals, do they?"

"We eat fish..." Shaylin responded, feeling somewhat bewildered as he set the peculiar food aside.

"This particular dish is plant-based, designed to replicate the texture and nutrition of mammalian flesh. It caters to those of us who naturally lean toward meat-eating diets," Dreik explained, quickly sorting through the remaining packaging. "You weren't actually eating meat, but it's indistinguishable to your senses. I'm sorry, I should have checked."

A smile touched Shaylin's lips, moved by his Master's concern. "It's all right, Master. I didn't swallow any of it. I'll be fine." Technically, it was true. His stomach had churned slightly upon biting into the food, but it had settled since then. He felt fine, though his appetite was nearly gone.

Dreik continued fussing over the pockets throughout the meal, double and triple-checking each one Shaylin glanced at, ensuring they were only fish and plant dishes. Although Shaylin couldn't comprehend how these food chunks resembled anything he had seen in the ocean or on land, he didn't mind. He felt cared for.

As the meal concluded, Dreik rose to dispose of the used food pockets. At that moment, Shaylin recalled a question that had nagged at him throughout the morning. He licked his lips, feeling a twinge of apprehension as he approached what was likely to be a sensitive topic.

"Master... Why are you on Midnight?" Shaylin hesitated, observing Dreik's tired and pained expression. He immediately regretted his inquiry. "There were a lot of people on the plaza, but no dree. And in Sanfloch, we learned the ancient language in part to trade with the dree. They don't speak our language, or believe in the Hosts... So how did you get here?"

"As I mentioned, I was taken at a young age," Dreik sighed, discarding the pockets down a nearby shaft before turning back to sit before Shaylin. Fatigue etched lines on his face, and he slumped slightly, no longer maintaining his usual posture. "I must have been four or maybe five years old. I don't recall much, but I remember enough. Most dree live in nomadic tribes on the plains. With scarce food sources, traversing long distances for hunting and gathering becomes vital.

"Occasionally, we would stop by thrael or kravlen settlements to trade for tools and crafts. I even remember visiting a thrael village when I was young. I begged my mother to let me stay, but she told me that they couldn't feed me properly. Ultimately, it didn't matter, as neither could she.

"Dree tribes stockpile food for the winter. When they can't find enough, they leave behind the weak and infirm on sacrificial fields--places where the spirits of the plains are believed to gather. This allows the tribe to ration supplies and eventually grow stronger.

"I was the smallest among my brothers, so I was left behind with my grandmother. We were supposed to appease the spirits, ensuring their blessing for the following year's prosperity. In reality, the field we were left in was monitored by extractors onboard Midnight.

"Maintaining contact with and tracking nomadic tribes is challenging. It's far simpler to mark and monitor their sacrificial fields. While most left behind hold little value to Midnight, occasionally they extract a potential candidate. I happened to be one such example, and they took me while I relieved myself one night. My grandmother probably didn't notice my absence until the next morning."

Dreik concluded his story with a detached tone, as if it had befallen someone else. It looked to Shaylin like Dreik had spent a long time trying to distance himself from his past. He looked strong, confident, powerful and wealthy, a personification of authority to the small thrael. The very thought made Shaylin tear up.

He slid from his chair and cautiously settled himself sidesaddle atop his Master's lap. "You've finally brought someone back, Master. And I'm here to stay." Shaylin whispered, burying his cheek against Dreik's strong chest, feeling the warmth and safety of the dree's embrace, as arms encircled him.