All Comments on 'The Participant'

by whatdreamsmaycome

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Splendid horror

Excellent tale of an ancient spirit proctecting its loved ones, although it sounds like Sylvia’s more than a match for any intruder.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Daaamn!

That was something! Wow! I won't forget that one for a while, You are one hell of a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WELCOME BACK

I missed your stories, and this was a damn fine way to make your return.....

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
A Worthy Sequel

Wonderful story.

Readers may want to read The Observer by the same author for more of the same.

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-observer-1

stev2244stev2244about 5 years ago

Very good, very creepy and realistic stalker story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
It's Been Too Long ...

It's been too long since we've had a WDMC story.

This was a worthy follow-up to The Observer.

I liked the refer backs to the elk and Cupid.

Five stars.

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneabout 5 years ago
Masterfully done!

What an exquisite tale! I was spellbound until the end when I finally managed to catch a breath. It was as sensual and captivating as the heroine!

I enjoyed this immensely! Thank you for sharing this wonderful story!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
Great story!

How a guy could work up the nerve to break in a house with this woman, her dogs and her guns is beyond me, but then, I don't use meth. Great story.

Titoo97Titoo97about 5 years ago
WELL!!!

JUST MARVELLOUS. GOOD. EXCELLENT.

Ducky7Ducky7about 5 years ago
A Love story

pure and simple

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 5 years ago
5 stars

What a great read!

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic!

Couldn't agree more with everyone else's comments, Just a fantastic read.

5 stars worthy:-)

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Wow!

That was a chill inducing story. Very well done with the tale of the ancient tree and it's powers, with its lumber used to build the house and protect the owners. For the tweaker, I think being killed by the house was probably a blessing. Being eaten alive by the Mastiffs, see Ramsey in GOT, would be a horrible way to go. Great work WDMC, if this was a contest, this one would be hard to beat.

gordo12gordo12about 5 years ago
What else can you say?

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Now THAT was great writing.

I could feel the power of the old tree reaching out to crush the interloper. Not completely sure about the category but this was excellent.

5 stars

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 5 years ago
Beautifully written

Thank you for this 5*s

andyinozandyinozabout 5 years ago
Scary good

Well-written and entertaining.

Thanks WDMC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow

Now that is sone truly beautiful writing.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 5 years ago
Simply brilliant in every respect

Economy of words, brilliant and sensual description of mood and environment, taut plotting, and a heroine we can't help but love. Here's to John, Sylvia, and... the Observer.

GA

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Great

Great story but not sure it should be in LW.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 5 years ago
Great story

After Sylvia kicked his ass, you would have thought the perp would have learned a lesson. Supernatural element was well done as well.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
Great, just great. Thanks

Better than the other house story in LW, and it was pretty good

Loved how she kicked methhboi ass..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
lazy

Apparently this author is not a dog owner...

Good ending, even if the author forgot to mention her deafness. After all who wouldn't hear a rack of wine breaking (especially the dogs with their keen senses...)

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Pretty damn good!

I enjoyed the supernatural erotic episode with the "living" house.

I also enjoyed Sylvia! What a woman!

Great supernatural and sensual tale!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great Story

While I was reading it too quickly I had to go back to the beginning and then it all came together - fun read! *****

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 5 years ago
Style, et cetera.

The style turned out to be appropriate, but I was close to being turned off by it before its appropriatedness became obvious. Scoring this jewel as a Four, because a Five would not have had the first fault. Nor would it have given away the depth of House’s power so early. There are several components that seem to serve no purpose in getting to the denouement. But, yes, I am glad I got to read and enjoy it!

Just trying to figure out why it is in LW sans any Sweetie tomfoolery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The only reason this is a 5 is because the predator got killed. Bravo.

The only thing that would have made it better is if Sylvia had killed him, slowly. Really, I can't believe you wasted good bottles of wine on this scum.

Other than that it was Science Fiction Fantasy, or maybe Erotic Horror, at least for the predator. And it was well written. Just puzzling being in the LW category.

Now if the scum bag had a 15 inch dick, and swung it over his head as he approached Sylvia in the back yard, and the poor wench was consumed by lust and arousal and became Rodney's fuck toy, got pregnant, and made her husband Rodney's bitch, then it would fit perfectly into the present genre of Loving Wives. Oh, yeah, Rodney would have to be black. But then I guess essential indicated that in the first sentence of this paragraph.

Thanks for killing the bastard. Your ranking shows how rare an author of strong characters submits stories here. Thanks for a break from the snow, flakes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Absolutely loved it, a true loving wife.

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Impressive Tale

The lovely wife and the moments of passion and fear were memorable.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 5 years ago
Loved it...

Well done. I like the idea of a house watching over the people inside. Great story, ending on a happy note is appreciated. A man and his wife, loving and sharing, the house watching and protecting. Excellent notion. Great story, thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Poetry

This was as much a poem as a short story. I love this style and complement you on your creativity in writing. Keep it up!

T.T.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
what happen?

the beginning looked like u just wrote a bunch of words and pushed them together. still not sure what happen here. did they house do it? did a ghost of a cheater laying down the stairs protect her? did she need to be protected? sounded like she was good on her own with 2 dogs and a shotgun and being a muscle bound fighter

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 5 years ago
Marvelous story!

The House always wins. And in this case, Rodney found this out to his cost.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 5 years ago
Excellant

A real loving wife and two great dogs to protect her. It's cool the house took a hand and protected the family. Thanks for the hard work.

Woodmanone

FirstwithUFirstwithUabout 5 years ago
@Anon Lazy

The dogs where in another part of the house well away from the closed door of the wine room. They may not of heard a thing through the heavy door and well build house. Plus you forgot the house was sentient and protective if its mistress. It could affect the physicality in and around it. Including sound and vibrations.

Besides the dogs would have been attuned to the fear and anxiety of their mistress. They would be taking their cues from her. They did prowl the bed room, growling as a threat to any thing that might try to hurt their owner. This alone might have prevented them from hearing the wine rack fall or the intruder's cry .

Too, WDMC 5 *

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@enderlocke77 Re: "what happen?"

You need to work on your reading comprehension! Yes, the house did it it, and it nothing to do with the ghost of the cheater(s).

She wasn't "muscle bound." She was well-muscled from working out, muscle-bound is OVER developed muscles.

Rocketman51Rocketman51about 5 years ago
Great writing!

Your story has great characters and mystery! Loved how it ended and look forward to reading more of your work!

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonabout 5 years ago
Love it.

Excellent writing and atmosphere. Thank you so much for a great story!

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

6* not just the story but the writing too.

I'm impressed - both stories are great, Salute, Hooyah!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Fantastic fantasy

A perfect continuation of the magical saga of the "green man tree" legends, wonderful imaginative stuff, beautifully written.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
LOVED THIS

Excellent story, you should write a book of short stories like this about the spirit of the tree and later of the house and of those it protects. Self publish this and put it on Amazon e books. This is better yhen many of those I have purchased on there.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 4 years ago
On further review...

Read this again and was struck once more by the cleanliness of the prose. Beautiful word painting, and every word told. Truly brilliant writing.

GA

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Reading again

This spooky gem is a great example of LW horror fiction. Great story.

Davidj001Davidj001almost 4 years ago
Dam!!!

Keep it up dude, GOOD story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Some People

Are too stupid to breathe until they don't. A thumb tack, Cupids arrow the first time and a little wine this time. Awesome writing, haunting story of true love.

garyr19680garyr19680over 3 years ago

Those dogs were sure not doing their job. Normal dogs, especially in rural. areas would be barking and snarling at someone walking up to the house, especially at night. And with two mastiffs no-one in his right mind would try to break in. Of course he was on drugs so I guess it's ok, but they should have sensed him long before he got to the door, and been on him as soon as he broke in.

But that wouldn't have made as good a story. Maybe the dogs came from Mastiff Rescue and had scent and hearing damage. And it is a good story.

As a child I thought all natural things had some sort of presence, trees, rocks, mountains, all had a sort of consciousness. That was decades before 'pet rocks' came around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow - that is some wonderful writing, some of the best on this site! Thank you!

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

You build the tension beautifully here, this is well-paced and well-written. [A shame to lose the good wine, even in a good cause, hope the rest of the bottles were OK . . . :) ]

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Very unusual for Lit. And very very good.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Spooky good.

WisquejacWisquejac4 months ago

Loved it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent story. Well written. Not sure why in this category. Good stuff.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous