All Comments on 'The Party and the Indecent Proposal'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 311 Comments (Page 2)
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Stupid Games/Stupid Prizes

5/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story could've been told in 10K words. Too much circular dialogue, wasted scenes and the couple in question both functioned and thought like people who've eaten a lot of lead paint during their formative years. The last line, 'At least I escaped becoming the laughing stock of town' summed up this wholly improbable and yes, frustrating, tale. With your skills the story should be less inane, but it keeps circling the drain before someone mercifully brings the plumber's helper. Put your score at a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story but sad in the end. I like how you gave the btb crowd no reconcillation in the end as that’s what the comments are mostly about for your stories. I will say a lot of stories don’t deserve to be RAAC’s but This wasn’t one of them. Don’t get me wrong, Adam was right to divorce Ali. She didn’t need to go through with the weekend and she knew very clearly how he felt and what the repercussions would be. He could have reconcilled with her years later, he loved her but couldn’t put up with people maybe laughing at him. That’s the sad part as he had an obvious disdain for their former friends so why should he give a fuck about what they might think?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A million just doesn't go very far these days, so the story was in trouble from the start. I suppose he can use his imaginary honor to keep him warm at night. And with friends and acquaintances like those, who needs enemies? Why not move way? Why give her ALL the money? Why crush the car? He cut his nose off to spite his face so many times it was nuts! I guess that's how fictional stories roll. And everybody that knew the story would have been laughing at him. What a dummy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The last line leaves a sour taste. Yes, he kept his pride but at what price. The longing for what was lost is clear.

Whereas Craigh kept silent and numb about his wife's trip, they could have laughed publicly and openly about Brett being stupid to pay that much for nothing, thus taking away the humiliating campaign Brett and Jeff launched. It's been pointed out it wasn't up to her to fight for a principle and endanger her marriage, and especially so if nobody would have known, when she turned Brett down.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

I promised not to read anymore Cagivagurl stories as I really hate cuck stories.

But the latest two that she posted was a great read for me.

And yes they weren't cuck or wimpy husband stories.

I still am wary every time I see her stories posted.

I am glad I read this one

Like I said, this one was a very well-written (kudos to the writer's talent) yet poignant love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Any man unlucky enough to have had his face slapped in public will know just how painful that is . No matter what the issue might have been , it seems to be unanimously agreed that HE must have made some major transgression and got what he deserved .

I think every female knows this and would use it , if needs be .

So why did Ali feel the need to appear to take Brett up on his offer ? As a woman , she knows how the gossip mill works . She will be seen to have accepted Brett's offer and succumbed to his dubious charms . Brett will only have been embarrassed by Ali in private and a bit poorer financially . Being the kind of person he is , he is absolutely going to besmirch her character . But Ali will have the money !! Cold comfort I think . Brett is seen to win .

Adam was so right in telling Ali just to shout ' NO ' in a room full of people . He knows how the Brett's of the world work .

But our author here appears to be sending out the message once again that it's fine to be a cuckold , or even thought to be one . Kiss and make up , don't let your silly male ego get in the way and ruin an otherwise great relationship .

Adam was right to make his point of view known and publicy distance himself from the coming pain and anguish .

Credit where it is due , all in all , a far better effort than the usual fare from CVG .

DK

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 1 year ago

Great story. She just ran full steam into her own divorce there. I guess she thought he was bluffing.

The MC's read on the situation was exactly correct. There was no coming back from this.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good read, well constructed with no inconsistencies or obvious flaws. I’ll admit it wasn’t completely my cup of tea but well worth the price of admission. I see it has attracted the usual trolls in the comments ;) My only contribution to that debate would be that Ali was consistent throughout and almost certainly didn’t make the double backed beast with Brett but I found Adam a particularly loathsome character who pimped his wife and then couldn’t handle what other people might think. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. No sane husband would allow his wife to go on a weekend with another man for any reason whatsoever, anymore than any wife should allow her husband. It isn't "me" anymore once you take vows and marry someone. Now there is only "us" and that is what this ditzy wife didn't understand. She was completely immature and selfish. She should never have put her husband in the position she did. He was right to get away from her as fast as possible. The statement, "we didn't have sex" was meaningless and impossible to prove one way or the other. Seeing how you developed her character I wouldn't believe her is she told me the grass was green and the sky was blue. Why was she so obsessed with getting her way and "proving herself" when her husband begged her to reject such an idiotic notion? Immature, selfish and potentially slutty, we'll never know, but the first two were enough for me to cheer for hubby to get away from her. The sex at the end was completely unrealistic and his notion "Ali set the bar high" goes against everything he did up to that point. Perhaps you couldn't allow the main male character to truly have a strong character and backbone?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wish LW section had more of Richard Gerald and less of a cagiva, but hey, we have what we have. Lit fastfood

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is not you Cagivagurl. How can you write a story where the husband gets off fair and is not a forgiving and loving wimp?

Nah. Stick to what you are, a cuckold story writer. But please enlongate the sex scenes of adultery and not just one line -"Yes they had sex". Somehow i feel Janice and Craig were the main characters in this story.

A suggestion for one of your next stories is to have the antagonist take the anal virginity of the wife which the husband has asked for repeatedly but hasn't gotten. And then he yet forgives her but still doesn't get to do it.

You are an excellent cuck story writer, please stick to that and not fairness in fiction. Although in your real life if you have been wronged by a man or men, I sincerely hope you find peace within yourself and live a much better life than them. Well onto the next ntr/cuck/impregnation story.

Dylan1Dylan1over 1 year ago

A wonderful story of a dumb married couple. They can’t see the wood for the trees. Both stubborn. Great story. Seriously great writing. Of course you will get idiots screaming to burn her at the stake. But realistic life is just how you wrote it. Nice easy 5.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

A very well told story with an interesting plot. Still unbelievable that the woman in your story runs to her "doom" with her eyes wide open. But that's the way the world is, some rely on material things, others on ideal things. Rarely do the two go together! 5*!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

I surprisingly would have liked this one if you could have refrained from your usual preaching of your warped philosophy.

Craig was a pathetic cuckold/pimp. Janice was a pathetic whore. Ali was a seriously stupid woman that played right into Brett's hands and Adam might have been a bit on the angry dick side but not for divorcing such a belligerently stupid woman who clearly had retarded values and wouldn't listen to her husband, who was correct, about how to humiliate Brett.

Honestly the whole lot of them were slimy and disgusting for continuing to hang around Jeff and Brett anyway.

What type of damage do you have to have to keep going to parties with detritus like that, especially Craig and Janice.

I wish I could give this more but you lack the ability to do a good closer when you are busy pushing your agenda.

I hope Ali's money and the occasional random penis keeps her warm at night.

Adam needs to quit being fatalistic and just enjoy his life. If that requires a partner, he could definitely find a good and fun woman that would slap Brett in the face to boot.

Wish you could get over your hangups. Yes it's you that has them Cagi.

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 1 year ago

Really?! He didn't get laughed at? I'm laughing right now at this representation of a man. In real life, anyone that isn't getting laughed at by someone doesn't exist.

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 1 year ago

I'm laughing at the MC as I type this, so it appears that no matter what you do, you can't please everyone.

That saying of "You can fool the fans, but you can't fool the players!" comes to mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very adequate; Thank you. Of course as soon as Janice prostituted herself we all knew Ali would be next, even if for more money. And you know it doesn't matter if Ali fucked Brett or not, and Ali knew it wouldn't matter; so she probably did fuck him. At that point she had nothing more to lose, and later in the story she admitted she had fucked other men, since she is only human. I noticed Ali never offered to take a lie detector test, at least for the sake of her children and her parents.

Of course its always the details that sink a story like this, a little detail called the IRS. Unless the money was transferred to an over seas bank in a secret account the IRS would end up referring Ali to the Justice department for interstate prostitution. That would give the government enough cause to seize the money, bring charges, and, maybe, drop the charges in exchange for Ali forfeiting the money. How do you expect Obiden to pay for all the handouts? But its OK, the whole story line is an insult to virtue and intelligence. And when you are dealing with unethical immoral dumb shits then ANY plot is feasible. I hope you found some fun in the writing. Thanks for the effort. And thanks for allowing anonymous comments. You have grit, and skin. Maybe you could persuade some of the Squad to grow some? Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Any guy with a inch of self respect would have acted the same way the husband did. It wasn't about the money, it was about respect from his wife and others, including respect for himself. The fact that he stayed true to not reconciling made me give this story five stars.

Seriously......is there anyone out there who would actually allow their partner to head off for the weekend with a known sleeve?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it. I know everyone’s gonna fall on one side or the other, and have valid points for either, which is there sign of a thoughtfully written story.

My two cents? Adam’s a moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. She didn't sell her body for a million dollars, but she sold her good name. That still makes her a whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My only issue is I would have taken half of the money either before the divorce or during the divorce. I don't care how she earned it the money is the money. Also, I would tell her that sex or not she has to know that Brett won. I would tell her that just her even thinking of it would be too much so the fact he broke us up means he wins.

Lastly, I would have no problem telling everyone that she cannot prove she did not have sex with him and once we break up I wouldn't have sex again with her. If for some weak moment I did I would wear a condom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

re early comment about cg being the most talked about writer-tfg is the most talked about former president

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In a way this is the typical same cagivagurl story as the woman wins in the end. We have a woman who now has a million dollars, a son that takes her side, a family that takes her side, sex with any man she wants, an ex husband that still has sex with her when she wants, a job that is better than before, and she has some strong friendships that she chose to keep.

Husband on the other hand has no real women, just left overs and his son is not on good terms, family not on god terms, same job, no friends, and still worries what people think. So he loses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

" Ali set the bar pretty high. She was hard to replace."

As Dalai Lama said, "Attachment is the origin, the root of suffering; hence it is the cause of suffering."

According to therapists, an anxious attachment pattern can keep you feeling stuck to a certain partner. People with an anxious attachment pattern may be inclined to uphold a fantasy about their partner or the relationship - a “fantasy bond”. A “fantasy bond” is as an illusion of connection between a couple where the form of being united replaces the substance of treating each other with love and kindness. In a fantasy bond, a lot of healthy relating is sacrificed for an illusion of security, an idea that the couple is fused in some way that can make them lose a sense of their individual identity. Anxiously attached people who are in a fantasy bond with their partner often build up their partner or the relationship and feel like they can’t live without it. However, the actual relationship may be hurting them and limiting their lives.

Whether you’re fantasy-prone or a pragmatic realist, the temptation to romanticize the past (including your former flame) can be emotionally gratifying. When you idealize someone from the past, it’s easy to be critical of any new person that comes into the picture.

Every relationship ends. It may end after 70 years ('and never a quarrel in all that time') when one of them dies, or it may end after seven seconds with a slap on the face, but the one thing you can be sure of is that it will end.

The secret to moving on is letting go of the past . Most people can't let go of the past because they don't appreciate their present.

Qwer12Qwer12over 1 year ago
Got Bored One Star

By half into page 4 got bored give it a one star and moved on to much better stories. Long bunch of nothing. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She threw her marriage away in order to teach someone a lesson? That doesn't make sense at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author, not surprisingly, only wrote half of the final line. A fair tale would end in Ali stating " At least I showed Brett that not every woman could be bought." Everything her husband warned her of came true. Risking her marriage just to avenge Brett's wrongs on other women, is simply stupid and far more pigheaded than Adam drawing his line in the sand. Maybe the author should have taken the time to point out that both were being stubborn and revenge has it's cost. Or maybe Ali got what she wanted, the affair got her publicity which helped her career, not being married freed up time for her to advance in her career. She got a million dollars only giving up her share of their current house, most likely a gain. Now, she is free to do want she wants and all it cost her was her marriage and the respect of her family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was expecting a different ending, was going to hit 5 but did 3. Sorry Husband loses in the end

FD45FD45over 1 year ago

Let me make a suggestion: if you edit on screen, do a Ctl F for the prime words in your first argument/conflict

Revenge, trust, reputation.

Do you think this is more persuasive for the reader seeing it 5 times than 2 times? If it is the same argument, delete the extras if it doesn’t hurt the flow.

This would cut a page at least. Use different ways or different arguments

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieover 1 year ago

Yeah, thank god he escaped being called that! Life’s all good now, right? Right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not much of a marriage anyway if after 20 years they can end it so easily and start having sex with others so easily. No real tears or fighting or anger or anything. Just a few I told you so's and poof! It is over.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

wow - less than 24 hours and this story is already below 4 stars.

I guess I was not the only one to see this story for what it really is - just more pandering to the crowd that really likes to see strong female characters get whatever they want and damn the consequences. Even if they end up alone in a one bedroom apartment with five cats, watching romance stories because their life sucks and they are dying slowly with an incurable STD.

ThorlolThorlolover 1 year ago

Interesting to see a woman, supposedly in a happy marriage, who has no problems to sign a divorce just to prove a point. I think that says it all. It doesnt matter if she cheats in your stories or just leaves the husband, they always have everything going for them in the end.

des911des911over 1 year ago

Seems like many commentators didn't like your story; some don't seem to like you, either.

I enjoyed the story. The characters are credible; stupid, stubborn, idiotic, but credible. The dialogue held things together and it was dramatic. You kept us guessing as to how it would work out, even though we have read similar tales before.

Sure, the characters made stupid decisions, said stupid things and ruined lives, including their own. But they came across as people - fallible, daft, messy. Well done.

Thank you for sharing

QBikkQBikkover 1 year ago

I did read many of your stories. (Most) some great, some less, bit good quality. I have to say I’m puzzled by this one. I don’t see where you want to go with them. In some stories your characters don’t divorce after cheating, here, « demi moore » does nothing and ends up on her ass… it doesn’t make sense for me. They could easily patch up, the hurt wasn’t huge. (Not a good move on her side… but still…)

TechumsahTechumsahover 1 year ago

I have to believe CG is just trolling with these male characters at this point. Talented writing as always, plots are just as absurd as most of the crazy BTB writers. The romance and other stories are terrific the LW ones always disappoint seems like the male characters all get hit with the Martian love a slut (narcissist, ego maniac, delusional, terrible human being) ray

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Nicely done treatment of a tired old trope of which I’m not a big fan. Still you wrote some interesting, if eye-rollingly intransigent characters, but I suppose there wouldn’t be a conflict if they civilly talked themselves out of the silly hole they dug. Entertaining story, and I always enjoy your well rendered characters. Thanks much.

argusx2002argusx2002over 1 year ago

I love your stories. You are one author who i always look forward to reading.

UnassignedUnassignedover 1 year ago

Very nice setup, and with a bit less repetition ("I want to . . . " "No" repeated for page after page) that tends to be your biggest weakness as an author. It was not as big an issue here, and I enjoyed the story. Thanks!

.

Re: the story, though. Why wouldn't Ali (and Adam) just get the contract signed by Asshole (and only by Asshole), share the contract specifics to their friends, the media, etc., and then tear it up/burn it publicly? Ali gets what she wants (Asshole is shamed in public), Adam gets what he wants (shows Asshole that not everything is for sale), and there's no risk of anyone (including Adam) believing she was unfaithful or that they are anything but a loving couple. Win/win/win.

darthnader19darthnader19over 1 year ago

Another banger from one of the best on this website !!!

Keep up the great writing 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why didnt the mc adam ever call her out on her support of janice prostituting herself? So they were in financial trouble. Many people are. She was ok with janice willing to toss her marriage for 200k. Ali also was a cheap whore. Adam negotiated the million. And even if she was not planning to have sex she was still planning to be an “escort”. Adam did not an escort as a wife. Why was her family not more supportive of adam?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sdam threw away his own — everyone else’s happiness — to make a point? Great dude. Enjoy your life. I’m with Ray. What person — besides the knuckle draggers howling here lets “what the asxholes will say” decide his happiness for him. Assholes are assholes and will always have something to say. Trying to please or quiet them is a fool’s errand. Pride is good. Misplaced pride is just plain stupid, and those that have it deserve the misery they cause themselves. Adam’s a dmbass. His son and Ray are right.!Throwing away the love and affection and sex with a gorgeous and good woman who made a mistake in judgement but was NOT unfaithful, just to keep the asshole chatter down? Really? Seriously? Helluva sacrifice, for what? Talk about making your own cold, lonely bed to lie in. Dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the dude quoting the Dalai Lsma. I know he’s not a violent man, but your blather may cause him to become violent, listening to you using him to justifying blathering on about “attachment,” a point you could have made in a single sentence. For future reference, please save it for your Continuing Ed philosophy class.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In the end no one wants a whore for a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like something from a Jerry Springer show....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. The husband wore me out with his morality. Children are hurt when people laugh at them. Grown ups not so. His only issue is being laughed at by others because of what Brett said happened The wife stood her ground and won. The husband ruined their marriage by only seeing the game from his perspective

OOAAOOAAover 1 year ago

Amazing story, really well written, as always!

cookingwithgascookingwithgasover 1 year ago

Solid 5. Liked it a lot. Your character development worked very well. One understanding all too well, the probable outcome, and the other, melting into the slow methodical seduction, unable to see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5* because this author finally wrote a man with a spine who stuck to his guns.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Well written, but all these million dollar weekends are just not believable at all. $25k would get him a world class escort for the weekend. That means he was willing to pay $975k to cuck some smart ass guy? Just not believable and good fiction needs to be at least slightly believable. In this story the wife is completely blinded by the cash and sold her marriage for a chance to put some arrogant asshole in his place. The husband was convinced his wife would sleep with the asshole and didn’t want to be seen as a cuck. The two were so caught up in their own agendas they completely abandoned their marriage.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

A really sad story as their love was absolute only she had to show everybody.

Guess she showed them, and what about him?

I just don't get it she never slept with the douch yes,she fucked up and was nieve but did they deserve divorce? I'm sure that they could of slowly put themselves back together. I would love to read a second part with them getting back together and moving on with their lives,without their so called friends and someone retribution to Jeff as well he seemed to instigate the whole disaster of the 2 couples with no ramifications..... just saying

Thank you for reading my rant

DARREN

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Same old, same old.. and never better!

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

"Good. Jeff and I managed to fashion a bit of our old friendship. It's been tough, though. Christ, after the breakup, he was worse than Damon, lecturing me every time we saw each other. I got so sick of it, I stopped calling him." this doesnt fit where u have it. it contradicts what u wrote about his and jeff friendship during the MC and wife discussion the supermarket

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

this is the ONLY good story you've written

Literally the only one, good for you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An escort is still a hoe. How is Adam the bad guy when that stupid bitch could simply have told Brett to shove it. If you're stupid enough to risk your marriage to prove a point you deserve to die miserable and alone. Adam will be fine, he deserves so much better. SO MUCH BETTER

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

This is a sad story that shows the danger of going up against narcissistic scum, especially if they are very, very wealthy, because they'll destroy you, no matter how pure your heart of how noble your ideas. 5* story,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Apparently in this universe, powerful rich guys seek out obscure unknown middle aged women and offer them 1 million dollars for a weekend of "companionship" and apparently pay up even when they're stiffed out of the expected sexual favors. Family and friends unilaterally support and honor said women's career turn as a paid escort and recognize it as a life time achievement. Also, in this universe women escape all consequences for their bad decision including avoiding payment of taxes to the government on the earned income of a million dollars for a weekend of "companionship".

Karn9Karn9over 1 year ago

Great story, sad ending, but he still has his man pride?

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

Adam might be the biggest dumbass you’ve written, but in a very different vein. Maybe the least likeable ever, but that happens with satire.

CimenRunarCimenRunarover 1 year ago

This was a great story, till it wasn’t! Throwing away a 20 year marriage just to teach a jerk a lesson (plus the inevitable humiliation she would eventually suffer as a consequence) just didn’t make sense. Her husband had already ended it before she left so she knew what she was doing was a disaster. It would have made much more sense if the two of them had plotted some sort of lesson together, such as cameras in the hotel bedroom showing her refusing to sleep with him, that they then made public. Plus, she seemed to move on a little too quickly with her own sex life after the divorce to make it sound like she had any real remorse. So from me, a 5 moved down to a 3. Sorry.

Burner70Burner70over 1 year ago

It's a hard story with a lot of hard truths. She wanted money more then him, do I believe she sid not bang the guy ? It's not for me to say. She went with the money , he went on his moral compass, but the shitbag won in the end . Ever thing has a price. There price was there marriage. Good 5vstars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In the end, Brett was right. Everything did have a price. Granted he didn't have sex with Ali, but that wasn't the offer.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 1 year ago

Excellent depiction of the meaning of love, it is not a simple emotion; it is complex and fragile. Really enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Im with the father in law on this one. One thing about me that very few people u deters d is I don’t give a fuck what people think about me. Never have, never will. I’d tell the assholes laugh all you want, but I have a million bucks and a gorgeous wife. And I would certainly find a way to beat that fuckers ass bloody without getting arrested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written. Your MC’s are always such hard asses. Right, be miserable, but go ahead and let your foolish pride keep you unhappy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a great story

zeke81zeke81over 1 year ago

I think the story was missing one more thing.

If you’re wondering if Brett’s way’s ever caught up to him, yes and no. He appeared in the tabloids with his left arm in a cast and with a broken nose. Apparently he made an offer to the wrong man’s wife. He’s more cautious about it now but he’s still paying other men’s wives for their company.

I had a great love and Brett played a major role in breaking it. Nobody will ever love him and I may never love again. Fuck Brett for that.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 1 year ago

Ending really sucked. How a man could let his pride get I. The way of the love of his life is beyond me. A real man would have found a way to make up. Boys and their egos.

DB71DB71over 1 year ago

When I read that Craig and Janice made some sort of deal between them for Janice to go off with asshole, my first thought was that he promised to stay with her if she promised to quietly divorce him. Of course it was never brought up what they went through to stay together. But I wondered if it would have an impact on Adam’s decision making. Another thing I thought was as nicely done is the points of view Adam and Ali have and how intractable they are in their positions. I understand that some may find it a ridiculous stance and not a good reason to divorce. I happen to look at it this way; some values are deeply rooted in one’s psyche. It makes up their very identity. To change that core belief would literally change who they are or at least how they perceive. Adam and Ali had such a hard time understanding each other’s POV because in this one aspect, they were too far apart in their core beliefs. It took major upheaval by this event and subsequent fallout for both of them to be able to see things differently. Adam doesn’t seem to have made as big of a change as Ali in the way of understanding though. Which is probably why he still cannot make the leap to reconcile with Ali. But that’s just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like it for the most part. Especially that he stuck to his guns. In most of cagivgurl's fics the husband ends up caving in, so it was refreshing to see him stick to his guns, though, i suppose he ultimately should have gotten back together with her before she fucked somebody else, after that, well, i can understand not wanting to.

RubiconXRubiconXover 1 year ago

Well-written, as always. Well-plotted, with believable characters who acted consistently with their beliefs. The dialog was authentic, the way real people converse, very nicely done. Each character’s blind spot led inexorably to their final downfall, which is the definition of tragedy. Absolutely a 5* effort!

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

Great story, but I had to subtract a star for the utter pigheadedness of Adam. I hate seeing older couples go off the rails for stupid reasons, and this one had mighty stupid ones. I guess I could sort of understand if he didn’t trust her to not have sex, but he knows she didn’t and still threw it all away because he worries about what people think. His self-deprecating comment at the end says it all: “I am a damn fool”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

yes adam i like him ,but he;s on the stupid side .just because she said she did not have sex with brett ,does not mean she telling the truths . she wanted it way to much .her marriage mint nothing . brett won adam and ali lost well ali did get her million , but adam needs to stop talking to the whore

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I read a few other comments and realized I have wasted enough time on this story. The name of this site is "Literotica". Which comes from the two words Literature and Erotic. Now this story had LOTS of literature but no erotic. Eleven pages and the three sex acts were described in three whole sentences. All that was said was Adam and Ali made love. I can get way more steamy sex from a paper back romance novel from the grocery store with a picture of Fabio on the cover. No story on this site should be over three pages long. If you can't write a hot sex story in less than three pages you should not post stories here. This was beyond lame. It was like reading a Kevin Costner screenplay, same thing over and over and over. Talk about beating a dead horse. There was no orginality to the plot, I bet there are at least two dozen similar stories here. The characters were very basic and never really grew. No background as to why Adam was so stubborn. Why Ali was so naive, and stubborn. I mean you took up eleven pages of my life at least give me some back ground. Overall it is a poor story. Poor writting. Poor overused plot. Maybe you should just give up writting. 1 star. Only because there is nothing lower.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of those stories I will love to hate! It is right up there with me with No response and the famous February sucks.

A long marriage, not newlyweds, and they come to divorce? I mean I see both points in some way but not for the exact reasons the characters depict. So what I hate is that they divorce over something so stupid. But since she took care of her sexual "needs" so quickly I guess she never really loved him as much as he loved her.

I agree with the husband that a wife does not go away for a weekend with another man. This is not your typical work related business trip. This is a known egotistical rich guy proving he can buy what he wants. So in this case his offer is a weekend with another mans wife and he says that sex is desired and expected but it is up to the woman. He is not a rapist. The MC is worried about her reputation, or so he says, but he also is saying he does not trust his wife.

The wife wants to prove some point that this guy Brett will not win as he will not buy sex with her. What I think she misses, is that just the fact that she will go with him for the money proves his point that she has a price. For the simple $200K he originally offered she said yes. She is now an escort. A person who goes on a date for money. If there is sex she becomes a prostitute. But the fact remains she agreed to the date for the money so he actually won. Since it will ruin their marriage he is even more than pleased since he lost the car deal.

So I think in real life the husband would focus on the actual date and not the reputation. Ali appeared smart enough to figure that out early on. Sex was not the original issue. Like the MC said she has other ways to turn him down and make a scene. Once he said divorce she should have gone ballistic and they could again hash it out and even bring in some other folks like the parents to discuss this in the open and prove that the date for money is wrong if she wants to prove him right.

However, though it is way out of line for this story, had they wanted the money instead of him divorcing and giving her all of the million they could have found a way he goes on the date. Insist it is a commercial airline, he gets a hotel room with her, he attends the gala watching, so basically she is with Brett but NEVER ALONE and the money would have already been deposited. He knows for a fact she has no physical contact with Brett and they get their money.

If Brett doesn't agree then no harm no foul. Ali proves she cannot be bought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it but what I believe in reality she was cheating by having secret conversations leading him on already making her hubby a laughing stock. I would never believe they slept in the same room and she didn’t fuck him . She clearly wanted to and talked to the friend that did and the dick knew it . She gave up her family for the money . She knew it but went anyway . A married woman with a famous guy all over tv so not only do the people they know think he fucked her so does everyone who watched and she definitely fell with the hype of it all , meeting all famous people , him buying her gifts . From the sound of it she cared but just a little. She was rich and making lots of money. Her ex , son and family lost their family as well but she had half her money from marriage and a million more. No morn of the marriage as she said she fucked guys but at the house but hubby went with one . I think the friend would’ve been the first to get a beating and next at the friends get together I’d have definitely poped up unexpectedly and beat the shit out of the guy just for the lies he spreading about the ex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It says something about a story when the comments sections of the story are more interesting and insightful than the story itself.

mfbridgesmfbridgesover 1 year ago

I get leaving someone if they are cheating physically or emotional.....but I'm sorry I won't leave someone if they financially cheated on me. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So an arrogant bitch Alli goes off with manwhore to sleep in separate rooms and then her husband must accept her back like fuck all happened!! The bitch's father also expects the same. Stupid fuckers!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a 5 until the last sentence! DazzyD

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So many feminized men here worrying about "male pride". If you think that what the bitch di wrong was injure "male pride", you really can't think very deeply. Others have covered the detail on why the divorce was justified, but I can't get over the number of feminized men commenting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Every story on this site needs to be read with a certain amount of suspension of disbelief . All the black guys with 12 inch dicks and the luscious babes with camera ready waistlines just waiting to spread them for some horny adonis. That being said this was an excellent story about pride and male ego. Nothing more. Excellent writing, excellent dialog. Our friends let their longtime relationship dissolve over pride. No one emerges as a better or whole person. There is a lot that is unbelievable here, but that is not the purpose of this forum. Each story here is a warped allegory of the real world and we love it. The trick is to look behind the curtain to see our fears and desires so that we can maybe understand ourselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just didn’t seem finished to me. In the end they have to ask, was the money worth it? I thought the story was well written.

Boardman68Boardman68over 1 year ago

A married woman going off for a weekend with a another man for a million dollars isn't enough? If she doesn't have sex with the other man than b/c of the money everything is supposed to be all right? The moment she decided to entertain the proposition (besides hiding it from her husband) was the moment her marriage died. Apparently destroying her marriage was worth million dollars; she was going to do it for $200.000, Even if she had never gone...she had schemed and entertained the thought for so long she had become distant in their marriage. He could never trust her again or worry that she would always regretted saying no or somehow did it behind his back.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

I gave it five stars for the writing but I can't honestly say I loved it. Here's a story about flawed characters and toxic intransigence. In a very real way one million dollars was what she wanted to divorce her husband. The major disappointment was that that there was no repercussions for Brett. But then neither would there be in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would have added some level of punishment for Brett. He needed to be destroyed as well. Without that, the story is not complete at all. Don't just BTB, BTAh as well !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story !!! Add some fallout for Brett as well, like he had a run-in with the law, or some other natural calamity

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't understand how some folks are saying how could he get his pride get in the way and not accept her afterwards. Well, she was given ample warnings that it is a red line. It was not as if she had a sudden 'mistake', she planned it out over months knowing that he would never accept her public 'date' with Brett, regardless of what actually happened. So she "chose' to 'humiliate' him with utmost planning regardless of her inner intentions, so why should he accept her back ?

Highway69_50Highway69_50over 1 year ago

Another great story from one of my favorite authors. Cagivagurl, you had my stomach in knots for most of the story. Keep on writing and I will keep on reading. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The point is not about her reputation. It was that it was that marriage is a partnership and she subverted all of his attempts to get her to stop. He even showed her what would happen. And he was right. He raised the stakes to divorce and they fought and she went through eith it anyways. He filed before she left. Maybe that helped strengthen her to not have sex. Dunno. But she planned this, discussed it ad nausea with Brett, was wiling to settle thr marriage for $200k and to any self respecting husband it looked like she really did want to have sex. Besides being out in that situation is dangerous depending on the person. Of course Brett is an abusive asshole and tried to rip her reputation. Everything played out thr way the husband said it would. He drew a red line and she went past it. That means trust is broken. It is too bad they couldn't work it out later. That I can see being his ego. But for some people their word is rheir bind and he told her he was done if she went and she did. She was beyond obsessed with some sort of payback against Brett on behalf of Janice that never would amount to anything. Eventually not sure it

mattered to the husband if she had sex or not that weekend. Two willful and stubborn people whose marriage died. Hope she enjoys the money. Hope it fills thr empty space in her heart.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Two poor souls. Two stubborn poor souls. He should have trusted his wife and she should have understand he is serious about the divorce.

The beliefs of other people are irrelevant.

It's not a question of right or wrong. They both were right. The problem was they were both too stubborn to backoff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There is so much going on with this story I don't even know where to begin. She disrespected him over and over. You don't go on a trip with another man. Especially when Adam is as transparent as he is about the whole deal. If I had to see Ali say "trust me" one more fucking time I was about to just stop reading. She's as disrespectful they come. No regard for her husband's feelings. She had to prove a point. The fact that he even entertained talking to her at the supermarket is absurd. A real man would have walked on by and left it at that. Then you added the possibly reconciliation and that was the last nail coffin. No self respecting man would put up with this shit. No way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She straight up chose her mental obsession over him. He was very clear, multiple times. If you do this I will divorce you. At least it was a subtlety different obsession than the "big dick" or the "one night and then I'm all yours again". Good writing as usual. Thank you.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

After her mother’s death, both admitted wanting to get back together. We don’t know what Adam does for a living, but she’s a realtor and has some cash.Damon’s education is paid for. Their ‘friends’ turned out to be lousy people.

At the end, they’re past her stubborn decision. It’s only about perception by the locals. Why not leave the area and start over?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

sad fucking story - 2* - who enjoys reading sadness

ScottArroyScottArroyover 1 year ago

He didn't learn anything. Strange ending

Pianist01Pianist01over 1 year ago

Giving yourself in any way to another person as Ali apparently did is still cheating whether you have sex or not, so there!!!😇

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, this was a very unlikely construct our author began with--and, no matter what, was determined to carry through to the literal bitter end! Did so with good writing, good detailing! At bottom, though, this felt as if the couple presented would not have self-destructed over this! No, it was a case of the writer pre-setting the insipid scenario, which had to raise its spectre, had to toy with the couple! Soon, the wife is just as stubbornly fixated as the husband! To be or not to be--destruction of the marriage--that was the question! And we are left with two stubborn damaged shells-of-themselves who must play with the crumbs of it all!

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I hate agreeing with Anon's, but in this case I do, who wants sadness. what a wimp in the end he was more bothered about what people think of him, than what he wanted himself. His ego made it that he was going to spend the rest of his life a sad lonely man. 1*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...