All Comments on 'The Party and the Indecent Proposal'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 308 Comments
truthandjustice99truthandjustice99over 1 year ago

The Adam character at the beginning I sympathized with but by the end he was a weak cringing coward who worried more about what others thought than his son his parents his ex wife. He deserves to be alone forever his wife was wrong in her actions but he has screwed over so many for so little

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Go without reading the story:

too easy as always the same bullshit.

The man literally adores his wife and cannot live without her, and she is the only one in the world for him.

Be a little more original, you always write one-sided love.

Change your view of genres a bit.

Not all women are mindless bitches, and not all men are little puppies.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Another spellbinder from the most talked-about writer on Lit. Damn you are good. Randi.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

Good story. Gave it a 5 star since it brought to the forefront an odd truth about men I have noticed. I truly think a man would rather be alone and unloved than disrespected. I don't think most women can understand that. They call it fragile male egos and so forth. I could point out fragile flaws of women each time they say that ...but why bother? You wrote a good story. Be proud of it.

You do make the most hateful baddies by the way. Love to see them get theirs. Just had to add that in.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yikes

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

Adam's wife is clearly mentally ill and unstable. I don't know if this is intentional by the author but the problem here is that the wife.s mental illness is so Pervasive that it makes portions of the story unreadable.

.

CONSIDER THIS.....

.

Nobody would believe you. Okay, you would have a win, but that would just make him more determined to ruin your reputation. After you go with him, everybody will believe him. Your word will mean nothing."

She looked confused as she listened to, but ignored my words. "I refuse to believe you could be so thin skinned and that you have so little trust in me."

.

um what? The wife reply to Adam's specific concerns Is a complete non sequitur that shows serious mental illness. Maybe Adam is wrong maybe he is exaggerating. Maybe The wife could pull this off and embarrass that asshole on the trip. .

.

But that's not what The husband is saying or asking.

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

Well written, cleverly constructed, I didn’t like it, I like happy endings, but still gave it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

The husband was a real dick. Yeah she was wrong, but he spent way too much caring about other, rather than caring about his family. That’s just wrong.

They should get back together asap.

Scores 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This tranny really knows how to fuck up a story!!! Ha ha!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In my mind the issue wasn't what the town thought of him. It was what she thought of him and their marriage. He laid it out plain as day, that if she went through with it, they were finished, divorce. Did she care, nope. You didn't answer that question even though you brought it up in the story. But her need to do this inspite of her husband's clear stance on it shows after 20 years together she didn't care. So my question is that love?

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Well, the guy cuts off his nose to save his face - as they say. Thing is, she refused to see his point when she had the chance. "What do you care what other people think?" (Richard Feynman.) Well, to a large degree what other people think IS reality. And our hero knew that but Ali didn't see it in time. Still, at the point where the story ends, he should take her back. He's too wrapped up in his own ego. This author gets criticized a lot for writing reconciliations. Now? D

dwoelfledwoelfleover 1 year ago

Sad tale with so many truths in it. Thank you.

poopybrodypoopybrodyover 1 year ago

Good for him, stood his ground and kept his balls…As for Brett, he needs his comeuppance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You NEED to see someone about your verbal diarhea, you have a serious problem, being repetitive to make a story longer doesn't make you a good writer, just shows the readers you have contempt for them. We are not stupid, we don't need to have things repeated paragraph after paragraph, its not cute, and it sure ain't CLEVER.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I think y'all are being haters now. The dude stood by his convictions and you still bomb the story? This from the crowd that votes single issue? Please.

It's a fine story. It could be reduced a but and it would eliminate some of the repetitive arguments but they arent causing me gas. I really liked this one. Those two are the definition of dumb and dumber.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story as always…nice one

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hate the way you ended the story and absolutely hated What Ali did with Brett If it was my wife i would have said NO NO NO the same as he did Whether she had sex or not she cheated mentally and emotionally and I still HATE her

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clever. Adam and Brett could be the same person. The drive to win at any cost and the drive to avoid "people laughing " are both born of the same insecurity. It probably isn't what the author had in mind, but I couldn't help not thinking of Donald Trump.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Yes, he escaped being the laughing stock, but the cost was too high. In the end, his pride was all that mattered, he is no different than his nemesis. Unfortunately, he could only choose that path he took, and therefore doomed to fail from the start. His only saving grace, and the only road to happiness was in Ali's hand, and she failed him by doing the unthinkable. In the end, there are no winners. Friends and family also suffer. At least Alice is now at peace.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

“At least I escaped becoming the laughing stock of town.” Hollow satisfaction; so sad. Well written, well conceived storyline. The fact that we knew where it was going from the very first only adds to the pain and poignancy. Once again, believable, real characters — Adam so real it hurts. Thanks though not sure I could read again (and that is a compliment).

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 1 year ago

Oh, fucking brutal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story is technically well written, but the plot is melodramatic and dreary. No real life wife would make the decision she made. And of course no real life man offers a million for a weekend with a woman. The trick to a good story: put the characters in an unusual/weird situation but have the characters act in a realistic way in response. Unfortunately your characters don’t act realistically.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Men aren't super heros. We go thruife day In and out doing what we have to do. We learn from our mistakes and others. We see life for what it is. It isn't a fairy tale. This guy saw it all, knew how it would play out and set the parameters he could live with. And stuck to them. He still has his integrity, which is not stupid male pride as some put it. I lived a shallow wasted life because I went along with conventional wisdom and nit my gut instincts. This guy can live his life with his head high. I existed for 16 years for nothing. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

DenaliFXDenaliFXover 1 year ago

I THINK YOU ARE THE BEST AT DESCRIBING THE MALE-FEMALE SAGA AS WOMEN GET THEIR DESRVED ROLE AS THE RELATIONSHIP LEADER. They don't win them all, for sure, but they understand the situation, the strategies, and even the mistakes they make. You are the best. Thanks for making me think again. WOW you are good!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Liked it but not her.

KaripetKaripetover 1 year ago

Very well written. I found myself torn between agreeing with the protagonist and cursing him for his foolish pride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a depressing story! Of course you intended it to be that way and as usual you wrote it very well. I suppose this one will satisfy the BTB crowd, the haters who will never believe she didn't sleep with the asshat Brett. You pointed out clearly that no matter what the truth is, people will believe what they want. Pride over reason, win at any cost, even if you lose in the end. Did he make the right decision, probably not, but that is just an opinion.

By the way disc brakes, etc does not mean you are restoring a classic car. Now, you can argue it was already modified when the original six cylinder engine was removed and that would be correct, a minor point for sure.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

If she really didn't cheat there was a route to reconciliation. He is being a self centred idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

too drawn out. His point [ that she didnt get} dragged this out over eons and 4 unnecessary pages. The end result with her going with the dick was unrealistic given the time consumed and the wealth of counselling services available - all of whom might have used different approaches to having her understand the fallout.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 1 year ago

Well Cagivagrul, if nothing else over all these years, you have gotten pretty good at rambling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You love to tell stories about slutty idiot women and pathetically weak men. Ali is evil to the core with only deep lover for herself and Adam let her walk all over him including keeping the million bucks. No way she didn't sleep with the villain on the trip, just not possible the way you created her character. So in the end she's just a cheating liar and you don't give the husband the balls to deal with her and they guy who took her. Just pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A riveting, aggravating story. You, the author, are really good. At time I was so involved in it that I got really upset and had to go for a walk to calm down. I could have choked you (if you were here)! The story ended as I thought I should. A man's honor is more important than any love for anyone! I would have stopped paying any part of Damon's expenses after his initial reaction. I have the rating of four stars. Why not five? it deserved it in a way, but I have two big problems with it:

1. The jerks (Brett and Jeff) had no comeuppance! (I don't know if this word is common outside America.)

2. I simply don't believe that Ali and Brett didn't have sex. Nada! Never! If he couldn't succeed honestly, he would have spiked a drink (easily) and had her way with her.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

Nicely structured, thank you. She knew what would happen because he told her in advance.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

So to be clear the reason the wimp isnt a cuck is NOT because it was the right thing to leave the cheating disrespectful bitch

.

But because he is a bitch who cares more about being ridiculed?

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

Unfortunately most of the cast missed the point about why he should divorce her.

It wasn't really about the gossip.

Ali went behind his back for weeks, to negotiate whoring herself out for a weekend. It doesn't matter that she wasn't planning to actually have sex with Brett. Her actions destroyed the trust in their marriage, and after that, Adam would never truly believe that nothing happened between them on the weekend.

-

Also, and this is the most important of all:

Ali's plan was destructive to their marriage. Adam explained over and over again that he wouldn't tolerate the disrespect, but she still insisted on doing it anyway, because she was stubborn and stupid.

No man wants to be married to some muleheaded woman that causes months of heartache and unnecessary drama.

This should've ended with Adam settling down with a younger woman, and thanking his lucky stars that he didn't have to put up with Ali's crazy shit any more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

usual CG story: she's right, he's wrong. she's strong, he's weak. she's noble, he's pathetic. CG needs a different recipe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He is definitely a true sissy boy wimp. She is a selfish fool. Don't let either of them near sharp objects!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overly long, the point of contention was made over and over and over. There were alterntive option explored, know B would claim A, by recording the nightthey could throw it back and do a number on his reputation.

Sadly in thus case the authordoes lets male ego, which i notmally have huge issues with women in other LW stories rant on and on about but is only equal to the vain needs of a woman*s self same ego, ruin a story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For the first time since I've been reading these type of stories, I feel that he was too worried about what other people think They've got money,so get back together and move away where nobody knows the backstory

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Mmmm. Yes, a very delicate subject, handled very well. Many thanks for the story. Unless I'm going completely senile (could be!) I'm sure I read this story... possibly 5 years ago??? Cheers.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Well written and well told, you didn't go for full reconciliation i note, probably saved you from being mauled by the teeth gnashers😁. Just a story but a good entertaining one. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You have got to be kidding me! How much more could someone disrespect you? If you go with him we will get divorced end of story! She told him right there that she didn't give a fuck about him! If she cared about him she would have called the piece of shit right then and there and said "I don't care how much money you give me I love my husband and I would not put that a risk for anything!" But she didn't because she just didn't love him that much. As he said it couldn't have been that great of a marriage if we find ourselves here and he was right they didn't!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unfortunately, one of life's realities is that perception IS often more relied upon than the actual truth. Too bad she couldn't figure that out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes. He does have his pride. His self respect.

His ex-wife? Not so much.

She sold herself as a whore. An escort is STILL an escort.

You can tell this author wrote this story to try and highlight/show how his male ego and male pride got in the way of them living happily ever after with a million dollars. That if he would just get over it they could go back to what they had before.

For me? It had the exact opposite affect on me. I saw it as a VERY stupid woman who ruined her life. Her reputation. And the lives of her husband and son to be an escort for a million bucks. She sold herself. Her self respect. It was just a stupid, stupid decision. And she deserves to be alone. To have people laugh at her behind her back.

I know in real life if I knew her? And she rolled up in her 911? I'd be thinking "see what kind of a lifestyle being a whore will get you." It's just natural. That's what people will be thinking about her for the rest of her life. Posh house. Expensive cars. Fancy vacations. Nice clothes. Oh and she's a whore who sold her marriage and happy life for all of that.

Again...this story is typical for this author except...usually she'd have finished it with the husband MC finally accepting his happy future as a cuckold. Moving back in with her and getting remarried.

If that's how the story ended? It would have been 2 stars. Since it ended this way? With him knocking off a piece of quality ass with his ex but not even considering the option of getting back with her on a permanent basis? 4 stars for this ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, that was one infuriating read. They say that money is the root of all evil and this proves the point. I am so glad this is just a story and it reads as just a story to me. If any male or female was this stupid, I would have to cut my wrist and paint the ceiling or move to the other side of the world just to get away from it. It is no surprise he divorced her. I am so glad this is not real life. No stars from me, but I am sure other readers will love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Helluva sad story. Well done.

Ed

SamanthaSmithSamanthaSmithover 1 year ago

Well done, Cagivagurl. Ali's desire to expose Brett was so unnecessary, especially at the cost that came with. Adam could be the love of any woman's life, too bad for Ali. Their group of friends are so real to life I can relate on a much lower economical level...all the wolves come out when the vulnerable is left to be alone. Some men can be real pigs.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

She f**ked Brett. He was a scumbag, but his bravado turned her on. No way she throws away a 20 year marriage just to prove a point. The money was just to make sure her post divorce life doesn't suck.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

1 star - I was into this story right up to page 4, when the MC caved in and started to negotiate with the SLUT wife about pimping her cunt out to the highest bidder - the ASSHOLE Brett.

About the only way this could turn out to be a positive, is if the husband liquidates all his assets into cash in an offshore account and he is moving to a private island in the Caribbean - never to return or touch his wife ever again. That scenario would work for me. Anything else is just another lame excuse for a pathetic RAAC.

BalladeerBalladeerover 1 year ago
Good story

At least he didn't completely cave and take her back. I enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Adam set himself up the first time by naming a price that would get him to suck another man’s dick and then going on to sell his project car. When suckered into those conversations the only correct answer as a guy “I will never suck dick.” As for selling the car the correct response is the stand strong and not name a price. Once a price is given you have already proven the other person right that everything is for sale.

Adam having a sit down with Ali when they “ran into each other” was dumb depending on what groceries each bought cold/frozen items would all be ruined. The relationship with Damon was damaged because Damon sounds like a momma’s boy that could not accept Ali would throw away her family for revenge that nobody asked her to get. Adam rushing to his former in-laws’ after how his ex father-in-law disrespected him, laid hands on him, and lectured Adam was a dumb resolution. At least you did not go full on reconciliation.

Craig should have divorced his prostitute wife. Adam should have ended his friendship with Craig after the round of golf.

3 stars since Adam was mostly true to himself throughout the story.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

One more point - the wife is already committing emotional infidelity by thinking about the weekend and even talking to Brett. Like all typical gamblers, she can only see the money and NOT the consequences of her lost marriage and lonely life without her best friend. Her husband is probably already preparing for the separation, because he knows this is a lost cause and it is all over, except for the crying. He will be much happier on his island.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As always, thanks for the entertainment, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I generally disagree with how your characters think and act, and these two are no different. No wife in a good relationship, as they had, would have gone through with it once it was perfectly clear divorce would result. Bit ludicrous that you had her do that. Similarly, no man over the age of say 40 would give two shits about “what people think” and give up on the woman he still loves because of it. You love cucks and tried too hard here to show this btb as idiotic. Implausible is a word I came back to over and over while reading this.

Constructive criticism, many authors on here are bad at ending stories, fear but some are bad at starting them. You’re good at both, it’s the middle where you should put some attention. This story just spun over the same ground for pages in the middle, wearing a circular hole in the ground. So many times I thought we get it, you’ve established that, let’s get on with it. Not so much a writing problem, more about stronger editing being needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, the authoress waited till toward the end to veer into the usual themes...particularly the feminist bullshit "male pride" cliche. IRL, a spouse who, knowing full well how hurtful the trip would be, goes through with it is making a very profound statement about the importance of the relationship, and it isn't one that is compatible with a sound marriage. If any ego was involved in the story, it was entirely the wife's - she want to do what she wanted, her husband be damned. The use of the old "medical emergency" plot device to launch the "modified RAAC" is way over used in LW.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

5***** Leave it to this author to find a unique story line and explore it honestly! I understand him, his need to leave, and his eventual regrets. Her actions were a form of betrayal and they were built on her need to make a point at the expense of his self-respect and joy. That's immature. I don't know how that mistake ends in anything other than pain and regret. Excellent story and writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ridiculous story. You don't have to have sex to cheat on and back stab a spouse. Every single person I've ever met knows this, but of course this wife is a complete moron and unlike any woman I've ever met, cares nothing about destroying her reputation. SNOOZE. Oh, yeah, and in the real world Brett would already be dead.

FD45FD45over 1 year ago

His Pride was too strong to put up with the innuendos. Granted.

Her Pride was too strong to give up her ‘vengeance’ plan. She knew what it would cost her, and she did it anyway. He told her; she had no excuse.

And frankly, if I believe the authoress, Ali was the one of the pair who was NOT offended and excused what Janice did. She diminished how much fall out Craig experienced. The MC might have been overly offended, a trifle operatic, but what she displayed was the exact opposite.

Yeah, she came off as a gold digger. Her reasons were dressed up but she wanted the glitz, the adulation and most importantly, the money, preferably without paying with quim.

She is an Only Fans girl on steroids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am not going to rate this one. I couldn't get into it. I had to push myself to read the first page. The writing was good but the story dragged and I didn't get hooked.

FD45FD45over 1 year ago

I appreciate the quality in the writing of the conversations

KarnevilKarnevilover 1 year ago

A well written story using a well trodden plot. Unfortunately there was nothing new, and probably three or four pages too long. Its OK to emphasise a point but just boring to hammer it home over and over again. At the start I was in favour of our hero, but the longer the story went on I was thinking, yeah, fuck the rich guy, get rid of the whiney husband and live in luxury.

Not enough to fill seven pages so it became boring, and the more I read the more Adam became a self righteous preaching twat.

Maybe Ali was a whore, bit in the end she was a whore with a million bucks. Adam didn't even have his stupid car.

sdc97230sdc97230over 1 year ago
Being a laughing stock can have real world consequences

The story doesn't tell us what Adam does for a living, but we are told that there is a point at which he finds himself unable to focus on doing his job. And depending on what your job is, other people thinking of you as a pathetic loser and the butt of others' ridicule can seriously impact your prospects in life. But ultimately, the person whose view of you matters the most is you, and if you can't live with yourself, then you are doomed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ask ally a good story line and we understand the heartache decisions - and maybe the decision????

The ending was terrible and and soooo painful and very blaise and disappointing.

Let’s all let our egos, stubbornness and others opinions get in the way of our hearts desire and hopeful forever love!

A sad turn of events for two lonely people that so need each ofher!

kelchakelchaover 1 year ago

5*

Guys an idiot, other than that, a very enjoyable read.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Congratulations, I really liked that the husband remains faithful to his own codes no matter the pressure he is under.

Each person must have his own moral code, his own beliefs and these must guide his life.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 1 year ago

After writing one comment and then mulling over CG's story for a while, I came to the conclusion the Ali made after throwing away everything she still did achieve what she st out to, embarrassing Brett. You had the chance when this line was written in the story, 'Ali, though, stood tall, used the publicity to push her career forward.' You should have added that when asked she responded, 'Well you know how men with big bank accounts are, they have teeny weenies.' Then she would have finally gotten the upper hand.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 1 year ago

It was very well written but it was way to depressing to give it more than 3 stars. If they had reconciled that would have been a happy ending. In this story nobody won. I believe the object of reading any story is to escape into another reality for a short while. It’s why I don’t like dystopian or depressing stories. You are a very creative author who I enjoy reading even most of your LW stories. I do freely admit I prefer stories that are either romantic or exciting and I’ve read plenty on here in every genre that have those qualities. I don’t believe this story had either. I’m sure plenty of people will disagree but it’s my opinion.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Very good. One of the few husbands in your stories that didn't take back the wayward wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Things I know before starting a Cagivagurl story.

It will be well-written.

It will be entertaining.

It will be a maddening exposition on cuckoldry and how the male protagonist should not only understand and accept it but embrace it.

It will start and end well but the middle 50% of the story will be redundant to the point that I will skip to the end to see if it’s worth going back to read through the same point being made for the 9th, 10th, and 11th times.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 1 year ago

This one grabbed me. I think my emotions from reading the story were higher than the protagonist. Cagivagurl is an excellent writer. Once I started this, I couldn't stop. 5 stars.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

For a supposedly intelligent woman who says she really loves her husband, Ali was as dumb as a rock.

Adam was very clear about the consequences and didn't waver in his position. How could she honestly think she could go through with her plan and not end up divorced.

She kept talking about how she wanted to make a point and humiliate Brett. She could have take Adam's plan, done it just before they got on the plane, made sure all their friends were there to witness it ... That would have allowed her to show him up and still keep her marriage.

It became pretty obvious that she didn't care about Adam's opinion. She was going to do what she wanted regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

HarryinVA, every wife in this author's stories are mentally ill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The last line is the heaping of coals, of contempt, upon the MC's head. The moral to this author's stories is always the same: females always get what they want and always weaken all the males around them in so doing. It is interesting to see which of LW's other authors agree with this one.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

Good read. Sometime you’re backed into a corner, and all you left is your self-respect. 5/5

waifwaifover 1 year ago

In order.

1) Anonymous critiques should be banned on the site. I just love all the hard-core types who scream about cuck and wimps when they are such PUSSIES that they are afraid to put their name on their comments. Just a bunch of cockroaches afraid of the light.

2) Both of the primary characters in this story made multiple mistakes. Guess what? Everyone makes mistakes. What we should judge them on, is that when push comes to shove, what choice did they make?

3) Adam laid out for Ali exactly what would happen if she left. Ali left him knowing what the act would mean. Both of them paid the price for those acts.

4) Do I agree with the way the characters in this story acted? Not at all, but the story was well-written and well told. It is true that there are very few ways to twist new wrinkles out of the LW genre, since it has been worked to death.

Bottom line for me is that it was a good story, had some nice twists, and entertained. I gave it 5 stars for that, and I find most anonymous commenters to be cowards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cagivagurl has a pattern that permeates through all her stories. Take a perfect marriage, add an impossible situation into it that puts the husband on the back foot while the wife suddenly drops all her moral standing that helped prop up her side of the marriage, the reward, all the jewels of Araby which said wife uses to justify her actions. It’s a classic tale of how women perceive the world differently than men. A woman can easily separate sex and love, while for men the bonding of each is the bedrock of their relationship with the opposite sex. It’s why so many people get the shits with her stories, and the author is getting better with each iteration of developing the emotional fragility that makes most readers uncomfortable.

It’s a no win situation for the male every time in her stories. Either he swallows his pride, his “fragile male ego” and is rewarded by a wonderful life with a wife that suddenly rediscovers her fidelity (until the next time - regardless of the “promise” of one and done which seems always to ring hollow and men know to be untrue) or he stands his ground, keeps his dignity but suffers a lonely, sad and bitter life. Written as only a woman can who thinks she understands what makes men tick but ultimately only writes her perception of how men should work as seen through the eyes of a feminist.

All said, the reads of most of her stories are enjoyable albeit it a bit long in the tooth with the couples explaining their side of the argument. Could probably shorten that a tad as it seems repetitive or at the very least incorporate that element with changing situations of the plot. Other than that it’s enjoyable to see the author maturing in each publication.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God these stories are annoying to read.

“If you take the money and go with him I’m divorcing you”

“I want to stay married but I also want the money. Can I please go”

“No, divorce”

“Can I please go”

“No, divorce”

“Can I please go”

“No, divorce”

I can’t imagine anyone actually being this stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I understand that not everyone would get back together in this story, but the whole "being laughed out of town" scenario that was constantly harped on, made absolutely NO sense. Who gives a shit what others think? This was a bizarre line of reasoning, constantly caring about what others think. Just change friends, it isn't rocket science. One is not married to the supposed friend.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 1 year ago

Hardly know how to rate this one; you did a great job on the story you chose to tell, but I have some problems on the over sensitive little shit you chose for a main character.

He actually let a bunch of blowhards control his life—reminisces of Beaver Clever on the ‘Leave it to Beaver Show’. Remember how that little guy wanted to build a Soap Box Derby’ car but the only wheels he found were on a girls baby carriage—when he was taking it home he spotted a couple friends and pushed the carriage into the bushes because he was afraid the guys would ‘Give Him the Business’ about being a sissy and playing with a girls buggy?

Of course no ‘Real Guy’ would put up with something like that, so when his friends spotted the carriage and took it to use for their entry, the little idiot quietly stood by without admitting they were his wheels.

Your MC was very much like Beaver—he had the perfect wife that he loved, but no way in hell was he going to let the guys ‘Give Him the Business.’ So the two of them go through life choosing second best or worst, but dang it, nobody’s going to tell her she let her husband tell her what she could do just like he was going to assure none of the BTB crowd as going to call him a ‘Cuckold’. No Sir! Not them! They’d both rather settle for second best than forgive someone who made a mistake—sinned—fucked up, or whatever you want to call it. Lord knows neither of them ever did anything that required forgiveness.

Cagivagurl, despite what I think of the plot, I rated it a 5! Thanks for the read! cd

CDRLawCDRLawover 1 year ago

Better than this author’s other stuff. Still way too long but better

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Even though anointed by LW royalty and praised by the same crew this writer keeps writing the same story with the same characters just like woody allen kept making the same movie with the same characters yo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

another great story you gave him enough balls to not take the whore back most writers make him a wimp and have him keep her but not you that is why i like your stories they are really good keep up the good writing love them

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. No sane husband would allow his wife to go on a weekend with another man for any reason whatsoever, anymore than any wife should allow her husband. It isn't "me" anymore once you take vows and marry someone. Now there is only "us" and that is what this ditzy wife didn't understand. She was completely immature and selfish. She should never have put her husband in the position she did. He was right to get away from her as fast as possible. The statement, "we didn't have sex" was meaningless and impossible to prove one way or the other. Seeing how you developed her character I wouldn't believe her is she told me the grass was green and the sky was blue. Why was she so obsessed with getting her way and "proving herself" when her husband begged her to reject such an idiotic notion? Immature, selfish and potentially slutty, we'll never know, but the first two were enough for me to cheer for hubby to get away from her. The sex at the end was completely unrealistic and his notion "Ali set the bar high" goes against everything he did up to that point. Perhaps you couldn't allow the main male character to truly have a strong character and backbone?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ali proved no point. She Lost a marriage of 20 years for What. The loneliness and regret for the rest of her life.

Adam was right to dump her.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Powerful story. You had me twisted up for much of it.

Thanks for not taking the easy way out and making it a RAAC.

Hooked

robinhodrobinhodover 1 year ago

Excellent, even though his argument against the tryst was repeated ad nauseum.

Author doesn't know much about Porsches. 150 mph? +++! Snaked away?! American cars used to snake (and fishtail), maybe not so much now. Porsches never did - they race ahead absolutely secure and straight.

I've owned 5.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

Most stories on this site require us to suspend our disbelief at the way the female characters behave. Until now, the issue has been accepting that women can be so overcome by lust that they are prepared to blow up their marriages. In this case, we are asked to accept that a woman would disrespect her husband and blow up their marriage, just to make a point to a loathsome creep. The proposition is beyond absurd. It ruined my enjoyment.

mole114mole114over 1 year ago

I understand his view completely the comments of the others on here are always the same you need to walk a mile in his it a shoes before saying you’d do this blah blah I feel sorry for them both in the end Brett won like he said they should of gone to counselling to help her see the betrayal but 20 years of true loving someone then over never goes away I lost my partner and miss terribly great story

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Probably ought to avoid writing stories from the guys pov

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Wow - what a great story! Thank you for sharing Miss Cagivagurl. Great writing, great plot. This is really up there with "February Sucks" and "The Bridge" and more! A true classic! When You can write a story that there is no right way to go, when there is No correct way to go. This is amazing. I thank the Lord that I don't have to go thru this myself. What a Nightmare scenario! Why won't the wife stop pursuing this? Why won't she listen to reason? Why won't she listen to her husband? Why does she keep talking to this other guy? Why does she throw away her marriage for a million dollars? LOL so many questions that Hubby asks himself over and over. Thanks for a really really landmark Story. 5 stars of course!

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Technically a well written story. So well written it stayed on my mind all day at work I had finished three and a half pages before I left. That said I did not like the end.

You put a lot into it and I, for one, appreciate every minute.

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

They can't move?

Really, who gives a shit? I guess that was the ironic point?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like looking into a black hole, not a star in view.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
A very sad

Story on both parts.... they should be together not apart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seriously? You ended it like that? “At least I escaped becoming the laughing stock of town.” ?

.

This guy has to be one of the stupidest wimps … ever. Just totally stupid.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m a big CG fan, but I’m not sure what led the author to this old story line. In the end, CG’s ability to write a moving story is reinforced. That is a real talent. However, a real editor would help a lot. For example, the phrase is “bound and determined,” not “bowed and determined.” And I think that it’s ungrammatical to end a sentence with “but.” And in true StangStar06 fashion, there seemed to be several dozen commas scattered randomly throughout the story. All just mildly off putting, but so easily avoided with a bit more care.

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Adam is an ass! The fact that he couldn’t get over Ali’s weekend where she “didn’t”have sex just plain stupid. He is worried that he might be “laughed at” because of the false rumors so he trashes 20 year marriage even though the both still love each other. He needs to see a shrink!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It she wasn't screwing Brett, why not lock her in a chastity belt, certify the time and dates and collect the cash. The husband did all the right things, even the divorce. But he was a total moron for not working his way back when things calmed down. He was really kind of a pussy.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

No winners in this story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, well developed characters.

Your plot line could of gone in any of six directions, and you will still annoy some people

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

I have to think this was a well developed dig at the readers here, the ones who see a cuck in every story where some woman cheats, circumstances be hanged. And dang if Cagivagurl wasn't right about that since so many commenters called this a cuck story even tho he had already filed for divorce BEFORE she got on the plane. The extreme position of Adam leaving his wife (and the cool million) even tho she did NOT cheat, just some bad press; and with her dad, his son, and so many urging him to reconcile- well, that kind of brings the game into focus. Clever.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...