The Party and the Indecent Proposal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I woke in the morning, there as a blanket tucked up over me, the sun was fairly high in the sky, so it was late. The smell of coffee was strong, so Ali was up. I wandered into the kitchen to find a note. "Gone for a walk. Back soon."

With a hot cup of coffee, I started to feel a little better. A shower helped and I started to feel better. I walked out to the garage, and started to work on the car when I heard Ali call out, "Hey, I'm home." I had all the bright work back on the car, and was fitting the sway bar.

"Hey to you. Good walk was it?"

"Yes, I feel much better. Look Adam, I'm sorry for what happened last night; the whole thing got way out of hand."

I tried to smile, but somehow it still came out as a grimace. "Yeah, agreed."

"I just wanted to say sorry. I was never serious about going away with him."

"I didn't think you were, I just know how he operates, once he's in your head, he keeps chipping away. Then before you know it, you've agreed to something you never planned to."

"I'm not an idiot, Adam. I just wanted to teach him a lesson. To show that he's not all that, I was waiting for him to realize I was just toying with him."

"I don't think that would happen. He doesn't give up, Ali, it's what I'm trying to say. He will just keep going, and eventually he wears you down. Every time you raise the bar, he just lifts it a little higher. Money means nothing to him. It's like playing poker with the devil. Whenever he feels like it, he can grow the pot to such a level you can't afford the last bet, even if you know you've got the cards."

She winced at my words, "But..."

"Stop, Ali, people like Brett are different. They have a different take on life; they expect to win, they think they deserve it. They spend their whole lives getting whatever they want. They have no boundaries."

"It's just not right, Adam."

"Come on, it's always been that way. We get wins occasionally, like the car. He was so keen to get one over me, to prove his point, that he fucked himself over. That's a win."

"That's all I was trying to do." She sighed sadly.

Grabbing her hand and pulling her towards me, I said, "It's completely different. I didn't really care about the car."

"Liar," she sniffled. "You loved that car."

"No, Ali, I enjoyed the car, and I loved working on it. At the end of the day, it was working on it with my buddies that was the fun part. The car was just a car, a thing, a possession. It's replaceable; you are not replaceable, I love you, and only you."

The kiss we shared was warm and loving. "I love you, too, Adam, you have to know that."

All's well that ends well; if only it was that simple. Things settled down into our usual routine, but I had this uneasy fear gnawing away at me. You have probably all felt it, where on the surface everything seems good, but there is something you can't quite put your finger on.

This was one of those moments where I just knew something was wrong. The days slipped by, and with every passing day, the feeling gripped a little tighter, like a noose slowly cutting into you, robbing you of the ability to just breathe.

Ali became distant; there was something going on, but she wouldn't talk. Every time I tried to get her to open up, she clammed up, spluttering and changing the subject.

I guess it was a spiraling descent; the more distant she became, the harder I pushed, until it just blew up in our faces. It happened so quickly it scared me. It started with me throwing down the gauntlet.

"Okay, Ali, what the hell is going on? You either tell me what's happening, or we're going to have the fight of a god damned lifetime, right here, right now."

She quickly averted her eyes, unable to hold my inquiring stare. "It's nothing, Adam. I just need you to trust me, and give me some space."

"No, sorry, Ali, but that's not how this works. We have always been able to share everything. Whatever the hell is eating away at you is making you impossible to live with. That makes it my business."

"Adam, babe, I just need some time to work this out. Can't you just cut me some slack until I get my head around it?"

Nodding my head, I murmured, "I could, yes, all I need to know what it's about. Tell me that much at least." As I talked, I started walking, my thoughts a mixture of fear, and concern. "Is this medical? Do you have a problem, or condition?"

"No, it's nothing like that. I can't tell you, because I know you're gonna flip out."

"Why would I flip?" Right at that moment, an icy cold shiver ran down my spine. "Brett, oh my god, this is about him, isn't it?"

Her face lost all its color, as what was obviously shame and guilt flooded her. She grabbed for the table edge for support. "Adam, it's not what you're thinking."

"Really? Then you better tell me right now what the hell is going on."

She nodded as she sat down, holding the table. "Brett has been trying to convince me to go away with him. I guess what you said was right. He has become a little obsessed."

Now I was more than scared. "Do I need to ring the police, get a restraining order?"

"What? Oh god no. He has done nothing wrong; just sends me flowers and gifts. Calls a lot to try and coax... no. That's not the right word, maybe persuade me."

"And what have you been saying?"

"Okay, this is the bit where I don't want you to flip out." I could see the turmoil, she was struggling to get the words out.

"Then we do need to get the cops involved. That is creepy as fuck. The guys a stalker. He's harassing you."

"Adam, I want to go with him."

"What? What the fuck did you just say? You want to go with him?"

"Not like you think. I want to prove to him that he can't buy everything. Somebody needs to show him. He can't always get what he wants."

"And you plan to do that by flying off with him in his private jet for a weekend of sex. Oh yeah, that's going to really hurt him."

"Adam, I'm not going to have sex with him. That's what I'm trying to say. I want him to think that's what's happening, but at the last moment, I want to pull the rug out from underneath him. I want to say sorry, we're sleeping in separate beds."

I was stunned, her words didn't make sense. "Just say no now..."

"No, Adam, I want to take his money. I want him to feel that pain. I want to cost him as much as I can."

"Don't be ridiculous. You can't hurt him financially."

"Yes I can. The more it costs him, the more it will hurt."

"You're wrong, Ali. Even if I believed you, which I don't, he doesn't care about the money.

Adam, please don't get upset. I have been encouraging him. Leading him on. Like I said after the party, I wanted to teach him a lesson. Prove he can't get everything he wants."

"God damn it, Ali, what exactly have you done?"

"He offered me some money to go away with him. Nothing else."

"Please tell me you're not serious."

"Oh, I'm serious. I already told you."

"And, you think behaving like a sex-mad cock-teasing bitch is the way a married woman behaves?"

"What did you say?" she gasped in shock.

"That's what you're doing, Ali. You're behaving like some crazy person. You said yourself, you're leading him on. That will come home to bite you on the ass."

"Adam, you just have to trust me. I want to see how much money I can get him to offer."

"This is crap, Ali. I don't like Brett, but the way you're carrying on is no better. You're playing with people's emotions."

We sat staring back and forth, the gap between us getting bigger by the second. Uncomfortable, that was an understatement. She couldn't look at me, and I struggled to keep my anger in check.

"Adam, he has to pay for what he did to Janice and Craig. He can't be allowed to keep doing that sort of thing."

"Janice fucked up her own life. He offered her something; she didn't have to go with him. That was her own fault. She could have said no, just like I expect you to."

"Adam, he used her. He knew they were in a hole. That's why he offered her the money. He knew she would take it. They were going to lose the house and the business."

That bit of information changed my perception a little, but still. She sold herself.

"Sorry, Ali, she chose her path. She sold her body, she chose to prostitute herself. His part in it was despicable, but all he did was offer her a proposition."

"Adam, please just trust me. Work with me, help me inflict some pain on him. I want him to feel what Janice and Craig went through."

"You want him to feel some pain, then at the next party Jeff throws, reject him. Do it loudly, laugh in his face. Tell him you despise him. That'll do it."

"You're wrong Adam. I want it to cost him. I mean, think of it from our perspective; we get to keep his money. He gets burned."

"To hell with the money, we don't need it."

"But money is the center of his world, that's how we hurt him. Don't you see?"

"No, because it's ludicrous. You could take ten million bucks off him and it probably puts less than a dent in his bank balance."

In the end, I just put it out there. "Ali, there are three options as I see it. One, you stop talking to him, cut off all contact. Two, I go and see him, and beat the crap out of him. Or three, I call the cops and set them on him. That's my preference, because it keeps me out of jail."

"There's another option, Adam. You trust me, I've done nothing wrong. Help me work through this."

Throwing my arms in the air, I sighed. "All right, humor me. How much has he offered?"

She suddenly looked brighter. She mistook my bewilderment as acceptance. "Two hundred thousand, the same as he offered Janice."

I laughed. "God, you suck as a negotiator. A few minutes ago, you told me he was obsessed with you. Now you're telling me all he offered is was what he paid for Janice." I shook my head. "Jesus H. Christ, Ali. You said he knew they were in a bind. We don't need his god damned money."

She deflated quickly under my outburst, her pride dented. "Okay then, Mr. smart ass. If you think you can get a better deal, you do it."

"All right, you want me to do it, then we have to do it my way. That means you have to promise to stop taking calls from him. Return any gifts and let me do all the talking. He talks to me, not you."

"Done deal." she giggled. "When are you going to talk to him?" she whispered pensively.

"Right now." Scrolling through my phone, I found his number, and hit dial and loudspeaker. "Oh, uh, hey buddy. Long time between drinks."

"No sense beating around the bush, Brett. We need to talk. Ali has just told me about your offer. You want to fuck my wife, and you've been trying to buy her like some cheap hooker."

He spluttered, like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "Whoa, slow down, buddy. It's not like that."

"Cut the crap, asshole. That's exactly how it is. If you want her, then from now on, you talk to me."

"Oh, right." He spluttered disbelievingly. I heard him suck in a big breath, he was about to push back."Okay, then, Adam, let's talk."

"You want her for the weekend, is that right?" I stated firmly.

This was exactly like the car, except this time, he thought he was in the driving seat. "Yeah, man, we were going to fly up to the Big Apple, go to an awards dinner. I've been nominated for best producer. We were going to stay the whole weekend, do some shopping, take in a show. You know, party up a little."

Keeping it business like, I said, "Do I understand you would be booking just the one room?"

He couldn't hide the sneer. "Yeah, although, there would be two separate beds."

"I don't want to know about that. Fly out Friday, back Sunday night?"

He seemed shocked at my straight forward approach. "Yeah, that'd be perfect, brah, although, it would be nice if we could fly out early Friday morning, you know. Make the most of it, and maybe be back Monday morning."

Now, with all this out in the open, I no longer had to hide my dislike for him. I could throw it all out there. "I'm not your fucking brah, or your buddy. Let's get one thing straight, asshole. I think you're the lowest form of scum. A real douche bag. This is purely business, got it?"

He seemed confused. "Look, buddy, we don't have to get nasty. Yeah, I like Ali, she's damn cute and sexy as fuck. This doesn't have to get between you and me. We can still be bros.."

"We were never bros. I have always hated you. I despise you and your horseshit. You want my wife, then you will have to pay. Got it?"

"Jesus man, dial back the crap. Yeah, I made her an offer, That still stands."

I threw in my best maniacal, hysterical laughter. "All right, Brett. We've established your desires. We've all seen the movie, so you already know the fee. The money must be in our account Friday lunch time before the plane gets in the air."

"Movie, what fucking movie?" he growled.

"Don't fuck with me, Brett. The fee is one million dollars. Any money you spend on her is over and above that."

"Oh fuck off. I'm not paying a mill. No fucking way."

"Good, thank fuck for that; that suits me perfectly. From this point on, don't call her, don't send her any more gifts. If you try to contact her, I'll contact the police. She recorded your earlier calls, so I have enough evidence to show you up for the scheming asshole you really are."

His voice took on a hard edge as he contemplated my words. "She can't use those, they were recorded without my consent," he snarled.

"Brett, all I can say is thank fuck that's the option you chose. Don't ever call her again. Got it?" Without waiting for his answer, I disconnected the call. Ali just stared at me, her mouth hanging open. Her pallid features were drawn and the worry lines etched deep into her skin.

Holding my hand out, I said, "Phone."

Without saying anything, she handed over her phone. "Pin number?" I asked.

Before she could give it to me, her phone rang. Checking the caller ID, I recognized Brett's number. Connecting the call, I snapped. "I said don't call her. You are out of her life, you are dead. If you want something from us, call me. "

"Fuck you," he hollered in uncontrolled rage. I just disconnected the call. Her phone rang on three different occasion. Each time, I rejected the call.

Ali, who was now fighting to hold back tears said. "Adam, please, I asked you to help me. Please, just stop."

Giving her my best impression of the evil eye, I snarled viciously. "Nope, you wanted this. You wanted more money, then shut up and let me do this my way."

We sat in complete silence, her body wracked by violent sobs. "Adam, you've gone crazy. There was no need to be so coarse, or nasty."

"You ain't seen nothing yet. We'll see what happens when he calls back."

"Don't be ridiculous. He is never going to call back after being talked to like that."

"Then I guess he isn't as hot for you as you think. Maybe you're just not as cute as you think you are."

"Fuck you, Adam. Why are you being like this. I just wanted a chance to inflict some pain on him. Show him what it feels like to be hurt..."

"You had your chance to hurt him, the very first time he asked."

Just then my phone rang. "Okay, Adam. I didn't think you'd be into this, but if you're one of those guys and we are going to negotiate, let's do it properly, in good faith. You're right, I want Ali to come with me to the awards dinner in New York. I'm prepared to raise my offer to four hundred thousand."

I blew a loud raspberry into the phone. "Don't insult me, dickhead. I'm not into this, I don't want her to go. I'm not promoting this, just managing the fallout. That figure is an insult. My opening line was one million. Every time you insult me, the price will go up."

"Adam, there's no way I'm paying that much... Being the generous guy I am, I'll stretch to five hundred thousand."

"You heard me, dickhead. My response to you is now one point four. Goodbye."

I disconnected, the call. The phone had been on loud speaker, so Ali, had heard everything. With the call disconnected, the silence became plangent. My ears were roaring, mostly from the rage that was now burning like a white hot branding iron burning through my guts.

It took twenty minutes, but he called back. "Seven-fifty, but that's my final offer, Adam. I'm not fucking around anymore."

"That's a shame, Brett. My bottom line just went up to one point five."

I heard him screaming as I disconnected. This time, the silence was broken by Ali, who gasped. "Oh my god, do you think he was serious? Seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars? That's a lot of money."

"Guess we will find out. If you're determined to destroy our marriage and prostitute yourself, we may as well get a good price."

"Stop saying that," she shrieked. "I said I was never going to actually have sex with him."

"That's not true, Ali. At least be honest. If you weren't at least curious or interested, we wouldn't be doing this."

"Don't go there, this was your idea."

"Nope. You asked for my help. I decided to take control, but you had already opened the negotiation."

"Adam, I just wanted to..." Her response was broken by the phone ringing again. "All right, Adam. I'll try again. Eight hundred thousand."

"My bottom line just went up to one point six. Listen dip shit. I'm here whoring out my wife. The whole thing disgusts me. Every time you play this stupid game of trying to push my price down, you insult me. You want to fuck her, have a dirty weekend away, then the price starts at one million. Any figure you throw at me that doesn't have a one in front of it is just pushing the price up."

I disconnected, but this time, we didn't have to wait for long, the phone rang quickly.

"All right Adam, you got your million."

"No, the million is the starting line. If you want extras like anal, or her swallowing, that's extra."

"Oh my god." Ali screamed, as she tried to snatch the phone out of my hand. I pushed her away, saying into the phone, "You still there asshole?"

"Yeah, Adam. I'm still here. I'm not negotiating sex. All I'm asking for is her company for the weekend. I mean I certainly hope it includes sex, but that's entirely up to her. I'll pay the one million, but that's it."

"Okay, then. Sounds like we have a deal. I'll have a contract drawn up."

"What? I'm not signing a fucking contract, my word is my bond. I can see what you're up to. You sneaky bastard. This is a fucking set up, that's entrapment."

I laughed loudly at his concern. "There will be no mention of sex in the contract. Just that you are paying for the company of my wife."

He sounded hesitant, uncomfortable. "All right, I'll look at it. If it seems kosher, I'll sign."

"Good, the money will have to be in my account before Friday lunchtime, before she sets foot on your plane."

"Accepted." There was a brief pause, before he asked. "Can I talk to her? I heard her voice, so I know she's listening."

I handed Ali the phone saying loudly. "Your boyfriend wants to talk to you."

She looked horrified at my calmness. Taking the phone, she quickly pressed the loud speaker option, disabling it. "Sorry, Brett," she whispered as she stared at me with a loathing I hadn't ever seen before.

The loud speaker may have been off, but his voice was loud enough that I could still hear him. "Ali, are you sure about this? You do understand I want us to have a chance to really get to know each other?"

"Yes, I understand, and I'm sure."

"Adam seems very unhappy." Even with the loudspeaker off, I could hear the sneering satisfaction in his voice.

She sighed, "Yeah, that's an understatement."

His tone was harsh. "Well, are you both up for it or not? I don't want an angry husband on my tail. You both have to agree to this, or there's no deal."

"Brett, I need to talk to Adam, give me a day to get back to you, okay?"

"Yeah, of course. Call me tomorrow night when you're by your self."