All Comments on 'The Past in Colorado'

by jtmalone70

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow

What a poignant story. You touched a lot of aspects during the relatioship's transition. Though the story is ends on a bittersweet note, it is deeply satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A masterpiece

Well developed plot, believable characters, a mature view, well written, a story that draws one in. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well done.

I didn't mind the length at all because of the care you put into developing the characters and the relationship. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Enjoyed it

It seemed familar somehow. I saw a lot of pages in this story when I finished the first page and just clicked next. I usually stop at the first two pages and maybe skip to the last, but not this time. Good Job

RawHumorRawHumorover 18 years ago
Great job

Jess, the story is beautiful. You gave just enough foreshadowing to clue the reader in to what was coming, and enough sexuality so the story stayed heated, while giving us insight into what had to be a very unique emotional journey for youb oth.

VancouveriteVancouveriteover 18 years ago
Glad its back up!

In its consolidated form its a bit more of a mouthful compared to its previous episodic nature, but I'm glad its back for everyone to enjoy.

A real pot boiler.

A roller coaster adventure for a young woman and the reader.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Love is Pain

In contrast to all the bang-em stories on this website, you bring real love and real struggles and real sex to a fantastic story. I've read it again and again. Thanks for your work here.

M~

ethanjones1943ethanjones1943over 18 years ago
Really Great

Best story, or truth, I have ever read on this site. Great Malone. Ethan

KingSnakeX4KingSnakeX4over 18 years ago
Oh sweet!

I absolutely enjoy this story a lot and I don't ususally read long stories. Nice hook at the beginning, which really grab my attention and retain my attention throughout the story. I'll give you a kudos for writing such well crafted and solid piece of writing. Keep up good works!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful!

A wonderful, adult-themed story. Involving characters and an irresistible story line. At last someone has written a grown-up work about this complex subject. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Outstanding !!

This story is simply superb - thank you !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Amazing story

This has got to be the most powerful, tender story I've read on this site. I was looking for something ... else when I ran across this. It deserves the top spot in the ratings that it has. Simply impressive. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Outstanding

Just a great, loving story. First class.

lancewannabelancewannabeover 18 years ago
Love of a lifetime

The love of a father and daughter. The love of a husband and wife.... all rolled into one relationship. What a wondeful story. I'm so glad to have been able to read your words, and to envision the passion you two have for each other. Wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
loved it,superb

it is a mindblowing story..

it gripped u from begening to end...normally i dont read long stories but this story dosnt let u leave...

seducing, sex encounters are simply great but wat i like most is the emotional content of this great story..

hats off to the authour for writng such a great story....

a must read

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
This story was absolutely wonderful.

This story is definately the best story I've ever read here. It was so sweet and truely touching. Many times, it brought tears to my eyes. I look forward to reading more submissions similar to this from you. Thanks!

David48David48over 18 years ago
What can you say?

This story doesn't belong here. It belongs on the NY Times best seller list of really great novels. It reminded me of another story of a relationship, "The Story of Us." People who somehow perservered in the face of so much inner conflict. So...she somehow KNEW it was right to love him...I kind of guessed right there where it was leading. Not a true piece of incest erotica at all. Just a story of a sweet girl who gave her body, her heart, and her soul to a good man. The worst part of critiquing this story is that I almost feel ashamed of recanting my own arousal as I read the really "juicy" parts. It was as hot as any other story on this site, yet it is almost sacrilege to bring those parts up, considering how loving a tale it was. Real? God I hope so! That is the real wonder...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Best Erotic Incest Story.....EVER!

Quite simply, the best written erotic story I've ever read (and I've read tons over the last 20 to 30 years). The author is truly gifted; I'm a writer and stand in awe of your work.

Taylor

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
amazing

this is an absolutely wonderful story, it was erotic, yet tasteful. the story line was great, very interesting. i continuously read this story, it never gets old to me. i'd love to read some more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you

An amazing story, thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Within me is a very warm glow...

Absolutely beautiful love story...still have misty eyes and an erection! Thank you for writing it. DD

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
So was this true?

After looking at your biography, it seems clear. Is it true?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wonderful loving story....

at times seemed a little wordy, but finished reading it and feeling like the saying goes, "Incest is best".

voltsolvoltsolabout 18 years ago
it just felt right

The best story I have read. Your took the time to make your chacters real, it just felt right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The past in Colorado

If I could give you a 10 for this story I gladly would do

so only a woman could have written a story like that, the sheer love, sensitivity beat any stroke story by miles.

Thankyou very much.

VikingstoneVikingstoneover 17 years ago
Truly lovely

Wonderfully written and told...thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

Better than anything I've read here. Exceptional insight and delicacy.

deviated_souldeviated_soulover 16 years ago
Simply the best!

jtmalone70, I forgot what I was searching when I came across this title - I wasn't even looking into this category since it's not my usual. It really was a good read. Usually I skip long stories as they have a long build up but I found myself wanting to read the *ahem* juicy bits and the emotional turmoil felt by the persona that I had to finish all fourteen pages of this. I was captivated by Jessica and Stephen's sincere love for each other and can only hope that that kind of love exists in the real world. Thanks for writing this story. Whether it's fiction or truth, it does not affect the fact that your story has well thought-out characters, plot and pace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
thanks

Thank you for a beautiful story,it may be ficyion but seems so real.

taxpapabobtaxpapabobover 15 years ago
Colorado High, My Love!

The gentle buildup of True Love is carefully and beautifully developed over time, with complex emotional and psychological elements wonderfully depicted. Then the HOT SEX works out just great, especially after we learn it's spiritual but not legal incest after all. The growth from father & daughter to passionate lovers to husband & wife to parents of five lucky kids is well written to be life-affirming, love-affirming, filled with both joy and with problems. This is fantastically profound and lovely. And I adore and admire it!!!

SinsiousSirenSinsiousSirenover 15 years ago
Excellent

Wonderfully written and timed. Romanitc and sexual. Well done!

I love the way the romance flowed, even with the angst between them. Beautifully played!

taxpapabobtaxpapabobabout 15 years ago
Great Love Leads to Great Lovin'

The SEX here is absolutely fabulous! And it is built on a carefully developed, beautiful, deeply felt relationship between two marvelous people -- a great, great romance1 I LOVE IT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The best

Great story, great character development. Simply the best i have read here.

zfammezfammealmost 15 years ago
beautiful.

it really is. made me cry too especially that part where she misses having a father figure sometimes...loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Honestly...

probably the BEST story on Literotica. Definitely the most memorable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
lovely

Beautifully written. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
WOW

this is hands-down the best story here on literotica!!!!i cried so much.it is beautifully written!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Re-iteration

The following is a quote from a reader that I thought stated beautifully what I felt, thought, and loved about this epic love...and I quote..."The gentle buildup of True Love is carefully and beautifully developed over time, with complex emotional and psychological elements wonderfully depicted. Then the HOT SEX works out just great, especially after we learn it's spiritual but not legal incest after all. The growth from father & daughter to passionate lovers to husband & wife to parents of five lucky kids is well written to be life-affirming, love-affirming, filled with both joy and with problems. This is fantastically profound and lovely. And I adore and admire it!!!"... Unquote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Amazing...

I've read this many times and still think it's one of the best novels. The story is beautifully crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

A very nice plot. Well written. Emotionally well drafted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Absolutely a beautiful story!

very well written and far beyond most of the stories in this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

This was not a story this was a book very will done u should be a writer i could not put it down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
A story that makes you just...FEEL

This was incredible. Not only was it incredibly sensual, but the emotional journey you took us was on phenomenal. It was deeply moving, had wonderful writing in it and I just so relished reading this. It's the sort of writing that a Times bestseller would also have. Bravo.

KatBalluKatBalluover 12 years ago
Beautiful

Beutifully and emotionally well written. Loved it. So sad that they had to lie to the children but it brought so much truth to the story. This is so well done it could make mainstream if you could find a publisher not afraid to take a chance. Please keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
So Touching

As one who seldom makes comments, I am compelled to say that this story is so deeply touching that it brought tears of compassion to my eyes. A love story that cannot be duplicated.

RelentlessOnanismRelentlessOnanismover 11 years ago

A romantic story, well written, but it's a shame you went down the adoption route. It's gotta be blood to be good.

bigdaddyg123bigdaddyg123almost 11 years ago
"The Past in Colorado" - Jessica Anne (nee McGowen) and Stephen - (Step-Daughter and Step-Father)

This undoubtedly is one of the most unusually, sensually tender and romantic (almost) incestual love stories for the ages!! An almost carnal incestual love of a daughter for her father!! Until near the end the story alludes to a natural father loved by his thought-to-be naturally bred daughter; in the end Stephen is found to be the step-father of Jessica Anne (nee McGowen). Jessica's real, natural father, left Jessica's mother, and was killed in Vietnam before Jessica was even a toddler, and Jessica's mother married Stephen shortly after. When Jessica was barely four years old her mother was killed in an automobile accident. Stephen, Jessica's step-father, reared and nurtured her the rest of his life, without Jessica knowing the truth until after she and Stephen became lover's and began having children of their own.

This intricate story has suspense woven through the many yaers, many questionable incidents and near-slips of Stephen's tongue were unanswered for years. In the end Stephen and Jessica do get married, having five beautiful children. Their story reads like a fairy tale in so many respects; in Jessica's mind her life with Stephen was her fairy tale!!

The format of the story, fourteen pages, is perfect for an avid and eager reader. Unbelieveably, the whole story revolves around the love of Jessica and Stephen, even though her (step-) father was very reluctant to allow his daughter to form a true lover's relationship until she's in her twenties. There is no animalistic nor lust nor lewdness of their love and sexual activites present throughout their lives--it was love in its purest and truest form!!

The author deserves accolades of the highest order for an extraordinary, masterful producation. It is absolutely a marvel of the written word, a masterpiece from the gitgo, written almost flawlessly. It is totally engrossing and awesome in every context. It is near perfection, very heart-warming, and with some sadness; this reader shed many tears, in love and in sadness!!!

EyelanderEyelanderover 10 years ago
Very amazing and touching story, but...

First i would like to say, unlike a lot of writers you actually made this story seem realistic, i love and usually only read long story's. Most of all the way you played out the story very slowly was simply amazing, it made the story seem 100% believable and made the story feel more, well feely and touching.

The build up was amazing and close to the end it was very saddening to see there relationship start to have problems. The story kept me glued to it. The only huge disappointment i have with this story was obviously the part where we found out Stephen was not really her father, that touched me as devastating. At the end it gave me the feeling that Jessica feels as if she actually would of had a problem if Stephen really was her father.

Overall, Amazing story, the very real and slow build up was simply amazing that not many people do. But sadly i can only give this story a 4/5. Only because the of the step-father ordeal, To me step family should not be under incest category. But still amazing story.

sgkwsgkwover 10 years ago
The Past in Colorado

Enjoyed it, great story/writing. Loved the length and anticipation/ build up. I was a little disappointed in the lack of passion. Why did he get oral sex and she did not? I think this should definitely be in the Romance category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Lovely story

Probably my favorite story on this site. The buildup - the realism of it all - is uncanny. Thank you very much for this.

bear3484bear3484almost 10 years ago

A beautiful story, thank you for writing it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
great story!!

this story was very beautiful...i love the fact that u put resistance and conflict into it...it wasn't where they just hopped in bed together like some other stories...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
...what eyelander said

about Jess making such a strong issue about Stephen "not" being her father - is what bothered me with this otherwise nicely-crafted story. Sure, the fact that he was not genetically her dad meant it was medically safer to have kids than if he was. However, it's kind of insulting to the supposed endearing love she felt for her Daddy that she thinks being her step-dad instead makes it different.

This man raised her from early childhood and was the only loving father-figure (in fact, the only parent) she knew while growing up. Emotionally, they are father and daughter and that is the whole angst of the relationship morphing into being "in love" and not just loving. The same applies to adopted parents and children or siblings. The step-family "out" only works for people who become step-family in the teen years or later with re-marriages and such.

Jessica's point actually seems to condemn the kind of adult loving relationship she finds herself in with Stephen. She's not really saying it "felt right" because they were two souls just meant to be lovers or whatever. She is hanging her great love on this magic thread that she somehow knew would unravel the mental block of wrongness that was keeping them from being okay about being lovers.

Jessica is emotionally condemning father-daughter lovers while living in such a relationship herself. Family and the family taboo is not only based on shared genetics. It's also about the structure of the emotional and mental ties. Her "step-out" is a total cop-out in this otherwise well-told love story. I guess without the revealed secret envelope she'd have drifted away from Stephen emotionally and then apologized for ever sucking his dick and just go back to being normal daddy and daughter when they cross paths. Rating as only 4/5 stars for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow

Great story. Very moving. Thank you so much

LostPilgrim1964LostPilgrim1964over 8 years ago
Amazing

Deep, moving and passionate... Please continue!

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 8 years ago
Beautiful story

First time saw this story and it is one of the best. Simply beautiful.

I wish someone would tell where writer is now ?

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 8 years ago
Second reading

A very good story by another author who for a short period of time posted some very well crafted stories, and then just vanished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
disappointment - Not real incest

story got ruined since father is not a biological father. Liked to see them getting married and make babies ..

bigdaddyg123bigdaddyg123over 6 years ago
"The Past In Colorado:" - Jessica Anne (nee McGowen), (Step) Daughter and Stephen, Widowed (Step) Father.

Having first read this epic (non) incestuous father and daughter romance and love story just over four years ago (27 June 2013), reminds me of just how emotionally attached I was with the characters of Jessica and Stephen. My thoughts of four years ago are relatively unchanged from that first reading.

Although not mentioned in my previous comments I am disappointed of the parent and child having (only) a step-daughter and step-father ultimate relationship. The emotional turmoil and stress that Jessica endured during the first many months after their initial sexual encounter(s) crafted an ethereal pull on the reader's fantasies and emotional feelings, adding a surprising suspenseful element to the story.

The writer "jtmalone 70' is an absolutely meticulous and precise wordsmith. I was enamored with the story throughout, and with the characters as if they were real and earthly. A very worthy and thought provoking masterpiece!!

taeyeonsstaeyeonssover 6 years ago
AWED

At first it started out as your regular incestuous story but oh my goodness I did not expect it to be such a wonderfully written love story too. I teared up, laughed, and was on fire by their love physically and emotionally. I'm a sucker for cliches and happy endings and although this isn't your normal cliche, still! I was so happy. By far the best pieces I've read here so far. I hope you put out more of these!

bigdaddyg123bigdaddyg123over 4 years ago
"The Past In Colorado" - Jessica Anne McGowan (Step-daughter) and Stephen Unknown Sr (Step-father).

This is the third time I've read this story, cover to cover all three times. The first time was 27 June 2013, the second time was 29 August 2017 and just finishing the third time today, 06 December 2019. The surprise I had forgotten but now realized is the writer/author is (was) very mysterious. His/her biography is without any information; the half dozen or so stories were written within a narrow period of less than a four (4) year time-frame; and, though not that all unusual, there are no "favorite" stories listed!

My previous two (2) post/comments that I read this fabulously written story, are still as true as when previously written. Although my favorite pornography reading genre is (blood-kin) incest, I'm not disappoint this story ended the way it did! This story is written on a level of knowledge, intelligence and perfection that not many authors nor writers could ever compete, specifically in pornography! Many scenes in this story almost literally broke my heart (I'm all man, but a romantic softy): many scenes are very emotional, but handled with aplomb and brilliance!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent (short) story

Dearest jtmalone70,

I like your style! This is so well written. The characters, their life situations, their reactions to the events around them, so real, so well laid out. I enjoyed this entry very much.

To other readers, like me, don't let the length of this story sway you. The story itself is worthy of the reading time, the sex scenes are hot, hot, and hot. Did I mention the sex scenes are hot? Just open page one and read. The time you invest today will reward you tomorrow.

GG

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A lovely story to say the least,

But. It's in the wrong category. It's not incest and should be in 'Straight Sex'.

NKNENKNEabout 3 years ago
Amazing!!! The absolute BEST!!

I'm not even sure how I happened upon this story, but I am certainly glad I did. To say this story is well written, and flows perfectly from one chapter to the next, simply does not do it justice at all. This story exemplifies what it means to be a writer.

This story has just the right about of erotica, without taking away from the plot, or making it just another story to masturbate to. I understand that because there is an undertone of incest between a "father" and his daughter, this story may not be easily embraced by mainstream platforms. That's the greatest loss, because this story isn't about random fucking between 2 people who are, in theory, "related". This story is about love, discovery, secrets, growth (as individuals and as a couple). It's a story about internal struggles. The dilemma we all must face sometimes. The war we wage against ourselves, as we try to reconcile the heart and the mind. Jessica and Stephen battled themselves trying to make logical sense with what they felt was right. Stephen waged a more quiet war within himself, whereas Jessica was more vocal. In the end, they reached a deep and powerful understanding that only solidified their love and commitment to each other. This is the very best story I have EVER read on Literotica. That is not an understatement or gross exaggeration. I have been reading stories on this site for 6 months now. The chapters are fluid, the plot holds your interest from beginning to end, the sentence structures and use of grammar makes for a very easy read. Most of all, the characters are relatable. This is not a story of incest. This is a story of love. The deep, unconditional love of 2 people who fit just right.

Bravo author.

Bravo.

MiddlesonMiddlesonover 2 years ago

Just wow! What a well written and told story.

RelentlessOnanismRelentlessOnanismabout 2 years ago

I was enjoying this but then you dropped the revelation that she was not his daughter. Since I am such a big fan of incest stories,I thought this was a real shame.

RelentlessOnanismRelentlessOnanismabout 2 years ago

I've just noticed I made an almost identical comment about this story nine years ago. I'd forgotten I’d already read it.

202GE202GEover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. But by page 6 1/2 it felt like the dad hadn't said more than a few words and either needed to address the situation or shut it down. While I enjoyed the build up it I was left looking for more dialog or more story than just her inner monologue. I know we readers are all critics but I do want to say thanks for sharing this story. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A lot of effort, thought and time, in writing a touching story. The emotions that run in our thoughts is well described. Jess speaks for herself and for her father, and she does a tremendous job of taking the leader along her and their journey. It is rivetting, and as the storyline takes another path - away from incest - one may be a bit disappointed, but the journey is just as gripping.

Thank you for your efforts.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous