All Comments on 'The Pearl Necklace'

by Probus888

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was she killed by the cartel and looking for revenge? Why choose another pawn

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As you warned, mostly horror, but I kept reading till the end. Unanswered questions, but leaves you wondering.

Stillness1977Stillness1977over 1 year ago

I liked your descriptions very much -- the diner, the mob guy, the trip, etc. You didn't give a reason for the fearful reaction of the pool players and waitress, and you left unspoken the connection between the beheaded mob victims and the young woman.

I was a bit thrown by your idioms: "do a runner" is British, and only Brits would describe a raincoat as a "mac" -- but it's short for "mackintosh," not "mackinaw" -- a city in Michigan.

I hope to read more of your stories -- and happy Halloween!

Probus888Probus888over 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks for reading. As to unanswered questions, the man in the cheap suit told Jim that, "Our usual courier decided to do a runner and, shall we say, lost her head." I think that Helena's spirit wanted revenge on the cartel but felt sad that Jim wasn't the evil, violent man she expected. Hope that helps.

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightover 1 year ago

I knew where that was headed, but I enjoyed the addition of the courier idea being beheaded by the cartel. Happy Halloween!

MaonaighMaonaighover 1 year ago

Another good one---Stephen King meets Bram Stoker. As others have pointed out, there were a number of unanswered questions---perhaps this has left the way open for a sequel of sorts (here's an idea if you can use it: Jim is executed or dies in the State funny farm and comes back to go after the Mob bosses).

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Cute! In Chicago they have a similar story named "Resurection Mary" based on Resurection Cemetary.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProbus888@Probus888
I write stories mostly for my pleasure with a plot-line and I prefer stories which have believable motivations. My main focus seems to be erotic horror, somewhat inspired by H.P. Lovecraft, but I do write in other categories, too. Yes, I know tentacle-monsters etc. aren't real...