The Perfect Crime Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just be patient, and pretty soon we can sell your self-control, and buy some animal lust", she told me. Oh God, I love this woman. I went out, got in the Jag, and drove home.

Monday dawned cool, and clear. I woke and showered, thinking how my life had changed, and how it was just getting better. Then my conscience kicked in, and I felt down. I felt miserable, and wondered if I was going to ruin Jillian's life by keeping on with what I so desperately wanted. "ONE STEP AT A TIME" a little voice told me. Some how, I had to get some closure before I fucked up everyone's life. I dressed, and went to get breakfast.

I walked into Waffle House, and Ginger met me with my coffee.

"Breakfast on it's way, cowboy."

"Thanks, boss."

I sipped on my coffee and was joined by Terry.

"Counselor" he said.

"Hey, Sergeant, what's new?"

"We may have a lead in the murders at the bar. The Feds came up with a person of interest, who they claim was intimate with your wife, and was trying to get a hold of some of her codes for moving the money."

I blandly looked at him and said "Anybody I know?"

"You may have met him, I don't know. But the Feds may want to talk to you. The ADA too. So" and he turned and looked at me and said "Don't leave town." He chuckled after a minute when my eyes widened. "I've always wanted to say that."

'Too close for comfort' I thought. 'I'll have to work on my poker face.'

With that my girls boiled in, all smiles and giggles. I took my coffee and joined them at a table.

"Honey, I want to talk to you about a car. I was looking at the new Jaguar XJR's, and I think they are really nice. I know you said I could drive the BMW, but I would like my own car, and this is not really me. The XJR is plenty big enough for us, and my grandpa, and Consuelo. What do you think?"

"Babe, if that's what you want, we'll get it."

"No, I want to get it. It will be my first big purchase on my own. I appreciate everything you've done for us, but I want a little bit of independence before I become a housewife. How about it?"

"I think that's commendable. Take the BMW and let's find out how much it's worth. You can use it for a down payment, and I still owe you $1000 for the mini-van."

"You own the BMW outright?"

"Yep, I bought it for my wife when she told me she needed a car that 'befitted her status in life.' So if you want that, and you want to buy it, get your grandpa, or Consuelo to go with you, and look them over, and get some prices, and we'll set up the deal. I know a couple of guys at the Jaguar dealership, so if you want, I'll make some calls."

"No" she said, "I'll take care of it. Besides, Consuelo and I have some shopping to do."

So my wife-to-be was going car shopping, starting the week of Thanksgiving. I paid for our breakfast, and went to the doughnut shop for goodies. I pulled into work, and carried the doughnuts into the lunchroom. The hordes descended soon afterwards, and within minutes, there were only 2 left. (Out of 3 dozen) We called a meeting of Giselle Anderson, Pete, Mike Petrofsky, Janine, Jillian, and my best friend Allan Dowling. We convened at 9:30 in the conference room.

"O.K. everyone, we are here to form up battle plans for the annulment of my future wife's marriage." Gasps went around the table. Only Allan knew anything about it. He grinned.

"You can all see the proof if you look at Jillan's left hand."

Giselle was grinning ear to ear, and Janine jumped up and threw a lip lock on me while she hugged the life out of me. The guys all laughed and cheered, while pounding my back and congratulating me, after Janine released me, crying, grinning, and laughing. "O.K., let's get to it. Mike, you're up first, then Giselle".

"Right, boss. I went to Reno, and the town hall, to the license bureau. I got into the line of a Miss Miranda Jones, and asked for a certified copy of the marriage license. She could find no license registered in the town's records. She said she would be glad to testify to that, if we paid her way here. She said she would take vacation time. It wouldn't cost anything but airfair."

"What about hotel accommodations?" I asked.

....."Uhh, I think she might want to stay with me....."

Lots of cat calls and razzing.

"I then went to the Forever Young Wedding Chapel, and talked to the owner.

"He checked his records, and said the license was never notarized, or registered because it was not legit. It's called a 'commemorative copy'. It is not worth the paper it's printed on. The signature of the owner is a forgery. I have notarized copies of everything I just told you, and a notarized copy of his signature. The originals arrived yesterday by overnight, and Giselle has them in her possession. Ma'am?"

Jillian was dazzled, and a little awestruck. She looked around the table.

Giselle cleared her throat, and started: "This piece of human excrement is not worth our time, James. I have already filed articles of annulment with Texas, Nevada, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi. By next Monday, it will be history, and we don't have to do anything else.

"However, we have prepared several things for Mr. Carstens. We have Timothy McGee who represented Jillian originally doing the ground work in Biloxi. He has come a long way since then, and really looks forward to getting even. We have the names of Mr. Carstens two 'friends', and the DNA tests are back, and we have identified the father of that sweet little girl. But I'll leave the rest to Allan."

"James, we know who they are, and we have all the paperwork, and blood work from the rape encounter. We have id'd the two 'persons', and can press criminal charges, or make their life really ugly without getting the courts involved. We are ready to go after Carstens with criminal charges, and I don't see how he can get out of it. Your call,......Boss. "

"O.K., here's what I would like to do. Have everything ready by Tuesday next week. We will be flying back to Biloxi, and meeting with Mr. McGee, and the 'persons' involved. I have to make some phone calls, and set up transport, otherwise Pete will refuse to go."

"Boss, I would crawl to Biloxi to be in on this" said Pete. Jillian blushed, and thanked Peter. I chuckled, and told them to all work on this, and take Thanksgiving and the following Friday off.

"The party will consist of Giselle, Allan, Pete, Mike, and myself. We will leave early Tuesday next week. Thank you, everyone." I went to my office, and placed a call to Samuel Lodge.

"Raptor Petroleum, Mr. Lodge's office, Nadine speaking, how can I help you?"

"Nadine, it's James Tremaine, is he in? I need to speak to him."

"Yes, Mr. Tremaine, one second please." I was immediately put through to Sam's line.

"James, my boy, how you doing?"

"Fine, sir. I need a favor."

"Right to the point. That's why I like you. Anything you want, it's yours."

"Can we borrow the G-3 next Tuesday for a flight to Biloxi? We might have to stay over a few days, if that's alright."

"Are you taking Mrs. Anderson with you?"

"Yes, sir, it has to do with a divorce I'm handling. A personal thing."

"ABSOLUTELY. Are you going to marry the girl?"

I've got to work on my poker face.

"UHH, how did you know?"

"Come on, James everybody in Montgomery County knew. Did you propose yet?"

"Yes sir, to both questions. After next week, she'll be free to decide."

"Do I get an invitation to the wedding?"

"You and Gloria both, unless you'd like to be a +1 for Mrs. Anderson."

"Well, it looks like I'm not the only one to have good sources. I think you should send me an invite, so I don't impose on Mrs. Anderson's good graces. No problem with the Gulfstream; tell me what time, and it'll be waiting at your disposal."

"Sam, I owe you one."

"You don't owe me anything, son. It's all for family. Talk to you soon."

He hung up, and I dialed the number that Joe La Pierre had given me.

"Biloxi barracks, Sgt. Jefferson speaking, may I help you?"

"I'm looking for Sgt. Thomas Jefferson the 3rd."

"You got him; who am I speaking to?"

"My name is James Tremaine, I'm a friend of Sgt. Joseph La Pierre, in Huntsville, Texas."

"Yes, sir, how is that old coon-ass doin?"

"He's fine, last I talked to him.

"Yeah, he said you might call asking for a favor. How can I help you, sir?"

"I am representing someone in Biloxi in a divorce proceeding...."

"Wait a minute, sir, we can't be any help there."

"I know, I know, all I want is for two of you to be present outside the lawyers office; just sit there, and look official. You don't even have to say anything. Just be in uniform, and look imposing. For that I can promise you some of Joe's ribs, or bar-b-que. Your choice."

"So you just want us to sit there, and do nothing??"

"That's right."

"So you want us to steal from poor Joe???"

"UHH....."

"I just want to understand what I'm setting myself up for, sir."

What do I do now??

He burst out laughing.

"It's o.k., sir. We do not have any problems taking ribs from Joe." I chuckled, and thanked them for their support, with tongue in cheek. I told them I would be in touch, and hung up.

The next thing I knew was Robert Lawnvale was knocking on my door. "Come in, Robert. How is Texas treating you?"

Grinning from ear to ear he replied "Very well, sir. I'm here to pick up my lunch date."

"Oh? And who would that be?"

"It had better be Cynthia McMillan, or I'm in big trouble. I managed to get an invitation to Thanksgiving dinner in Comanche, Texas."

"Oh-ho, to the McMillan Ranch, I bet."

He colored slightly, and acknowledged as I was correct.

"I am being completely correct in my actions towards Cynthia, sir."

"Uh-Hun", I said.

"Just so you know, the lady of the house likes red roses, and spiked eggnog. Her husband, the judge, likes Wild Turkey Bourbon. I'll let you deal with her 3 older brothers your self."

He grinned, and thanked me. Just then, his lunch date breezed in, and smiled at us. She looked at me curiously, and then said "Ready?" He rose, excused himself, and they left for lunch.

I called Sgt. Jefferson, in Biloxi, and asked him if he and his associate could be at the lawyer's officer on Wednesday the next week, at 10:00 a.m.

"I don't see a problem with that, sir. With bells on."

I chuckled, and said "Just with your Stetsons, and your badges. That should be enough. Be there at 10:00, and we'll go from there. Lunch is on me."

"No problem, sir. See you then."

I hung up the phone, and dialed the Law Offices of Timothy Mc Gee, Esq.

"Timothy Mc Gee's office, can I help you?", his secretary asked.

"This Mr. James Tremaine. I would like to speak to Mr. Mc Gee please."

"One moment, sir."

"This is Tim Mc Gee. How are you, Mr. Tremaine?"

"Fine, sir. Your self?"

"Waiting for your call, sir. I have all the appropriate paperwork, and subpoenas. The witness's statements are drawn up, and notarized. We are ready when you are."

"Great! There will be two state cops there next Wednesday morning, strictly for effect. We will all be there at approx. 9:30, and we will get started. I want the 2 clowns from the assault there at 10:30, and they should be done, and out of there by noon. Then, we will have Mr. Cyrus Carstens and his attorney there at 1:00 p.m. This will be over that afternoon, and you and Mrs. Anderson, and Mr. Dowling will hammer him. I want this taken care of no matter how long it takes."

"It will be, I give you my word. I have looked forward to this for a long time. I will make you proud, sir."

"Sounds good. You have a good Thanksgiving and we will see you on Wednesday next week."

I hung up the phone, and thought of what I had to do next. Everything was arranged for next week, except for Thanksgiving dinner. I was fairly sure I had an invitation, and just to get some goodies for dinner. I punched her extension, and waited while she picked up.

"Wills and Estates, Jillian Ravenaux; Can I help you?"

"Yes, Miss Ravenaux, this is Mr. Tremaine. I am calling to see if that invitation for dinner on Thanksgiving is still open."

"Oh, boss, I think that would be excellent. Anything special you would like to..uh, have to eat??"

"GULP!!!"

"Uhh, no, just the usual Thanksgiving stuff. .....Do you bake pies, other desserts?"

"Well, usually one or two."

"I'll add a couple of childhood favorites, things I haven't had since my grandma passed away. I'll take care of every thing."

"O.K., anything special you would like to eat for dinner?"

"How about some red cabbage?"

"O. K., I'll try to rustle some up" she said.

I went to Walmart, and picked up the necessary ingredients for chocolate pudding pies, and went home.

Tuesday I cleared up some things at the office, and spent the evening with my future family. We had a nice meal, and spent the rest of the evening 'shooting' the breeze, as they say. I discussed with my little buddy which bedroom she wanted when they moved in. She could not understand why she needed 2 bedrooms.

"Well, when you move into my house, you will want your own bedroom, won't you?" I asked. "Mommy will want her own room."

"Why? Won't she sleep with you in your room? That's what Mommy's and Daddy's do, isn't it??"

Art covered his lower face with his hand, Consuelo sprayed wine on her blouse, Jillian blushed red, and I thought to myself 'I HOPE so!'

"Well, we will be a family, and we will want to live in the same house, won't we??"

She thought for a minute, and answered "Yeah, I guess so."

We talked for a while longer, then I got up to go home. Jillian and Sonia walked me to the doorway, I wished Art and Consueleo good night, and I got kisses and hugs from both my girls, and motored home to bed.

I slept the sleep of the just, and awoke refreshed; cleaned up and met the girls for breakfast. We finished, I paid, and when to pick up donuts.

I got to work, and called Samuel Lodge to confirm the flight plan, and then settled down to work. The rest of Wednesday sailed by, and when I got home, I threw together two chocolate pudding pies, and popped them in the fridge. I called Casa Ravenaux West, and told Jillian I had been slaving over a hot stove making my desserts, and I would be there at 8:00 a.m. for the start of the parade, and that I would bring donuts.

"O.K., dear, we will be waiting for you. Drive safe."

I woke up, and showered, dressed, and got the pies out of the fridge, got into the big horse, and backed out to a beautiful Texas fall day. I drove to Jillian's, stopping on the way for donuts. I pulled up to her place, and walked up to the front door. The ringing bell was answered by running footsteps, and squeals as the front door opened.

"Daddy, Daddy!!"shouted Sonia.

"Good morning, short-stuff. How are you this morning?"

"Starving, daddy. What you got for 'reakfast?"

"I might have donuts. Were is everybody else?"

"Sleeping.

"So it's just you and me, huh kid?"

"I guess so."

"Looks like we have to be on our good behavior. Want to watch the parade?"

"What's a parade?"

"Heh,Heh,Heh; we are gonna have a gooood time."

So I put on the coffee pot, plated the donuts, got the munchkin some chocolate milk, and spooled up the t.v. to KPRC, and just managed to catch the start of Al Roker's commentary of the second balloon of the parade-Snoopy. Sonia's eyes were the size of the plate holding the donuts.

"WOW!!!" was her response, in between killing the donuts. Her eyes never left the screen, as the balloon gave way to a marching band, and a float bearing the Bernstein Bears; after that it was a drill team from Xavier High School in Manhattan, and then another marching band from a college in California. Then another balloon, this time Blues-Clues, the cartoon puppy, then a float with Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani. By this time Sonia was dazed, her eyes glazed over, and she had stopped eating donuts.

"Oh my goodness," she exclaimed, "This is neat."

I was grinning from ear to ear at her excitement and joy. So much so that I didn't hear soft steps behind me, or the giggles. Then the soft kiss on my neck from the lips of her mother, who snuggled up to me. "What's going on here?" she grinned.

"Mommy, mommy, LOOK!!"

"I see, sweetie. What is this?"

"A parade!!!"

My future wife was enjoying her child's fascination with the show, so I rose and went to get her a cup of coffee. I returned to her laughing with her daughter as they enjoyed the parade. She sat for a moment, enjoying herself and her child's wonder, and then got up to start Thanksgiving. Consuelo entered in bathrobe and slippers, patted me on the shoulder, and soon cooking noises floated from the kitchen.

After a while, both ladies emerged, and announced that the bird was in the oven (all 21 lbs. of it), and they were going to get dressed. During a commercial, I chased the munchkin off to get changed, and greeted my future grandfather-in-law with a cup of coffee, as he sleepily stumbled into the family room.

"Thanks, son. I take back everything bad I said about you."

"Oh, that's kind of you, sir."

We sat down to dinner at about 2:15, with the Lions-Vikings football game in full swing. Every thing looked scrumptious, and we were just about to attack the food (at least I was) when my future wife caught my attention with an "Ahem". I looked up and realized I was the only one not folding their hands. .......Uh, Oh!

She looked at me, and said "I would like to start a tradition, in addition to our new life together. I believe we should give thanks for what we hold most dear. May I start?"

"By all means, darling."

"Thank you, God, for this wonderful meal, my wonderful family gathered around me, my very sweet daughter, and most of all the new husband I will soon marry. I will always love, and treasure my guardian angel. Thank you, baby" she intoned. Her eyes were slightly moist as she gazed at me. I smiled at her. ......(Oh, shucks.)

Consuelo was sitting to Jillian's right, and took her turn next. "There must be something in the air here in Texas; I have never had such a great time in my life as the last 2 weeks. Thank you, James, for making it possible." Turning to Art, she continued "And thank you, my darling, for sharing it with me. I can only think of one thing to say. Will you marry me? I figure it was about time I made an honest man out of you." I just grinned at the look of astonishment on Art's face as she slipped a simple platinum band on his ring finger. She was grinning from ear to ear, as she winked at me, and said "How was that?"

I gave her a thumbs up.

Now it was Art's turn, and I don't believe I had ever seen him blush before.

"Well" he started "I guess I have to do some shopping this weekend. Yes, Connie, I would love to marry you. Thank you for all the wonderful years you have given me so far, and all the years I still hope for in the future. And thank you, Jillian, for the happiness you have given me and Consuelo, and the sweet child you have graced us with. And you too, son. I guess there are a couple of good things in Texas. Thank you."

So it was my turn. I looked around the table at the happy and tear covered faces, and knew it would be a tough act to follow.

"Jillian, you have made me the happiest man in the world. You have saved me from a life time of misery because of my former wife's actions. You gave me hope, and love. And a small breadth of fresh air in my life." I looked down at my short buddy, and smiled. "Thank you, darling, and thank you God."

Sonia seemed slightly confused, and asked "My turn?" Her mother replied "Yes, dear. What would you like to say?"

She piped up "I am thankful for my mommy being happy, and for my grandma and grandpa being here. I like parades a lot, too." Then she looked up at me, and her eyes widened. "And thank you, Mother Mary, for my new Daddy."