The Perfect Crime Pt. 06

Story Info
This is the perfect crime. Or is it? 7 parts Chapter 6.
13.4k words
4.64
27.7k
25

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/09/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 6- Paying the Bill

We're getting close. Lots of sex, a love story continuation, and getting ready to lower the boom. Thanks for coming along.

LT56linebacker The Bear

*

The offices of Tyler Radon, ADA, and lead prosecutor in the Sex Murders, as they had come to be known. Tyler's secretary came in with a box.

"This just arrived for you, sir." He looked at it, then to his secretary.

"I have no idea, boss. A messenger dropped it off, no signature required, and left." He looked at the box again.

"Should we get security up here?" his secretary asked, chuckling a little.

He gently picked it up, shook it, and said, "No, if it was explosive, it would go off when I do this." He shook it savagely. His secretary backed up with a concerned look on her face. He grinned.

"Why don't we open it?" he said. He started to peel the paper off, and it revealed a liquor box.

"Johnny Walker," he said. He opened the box, and pulled back the tissue paper (?).

"JOHNNY WALKER BLUE!!!" he exclaimed. He removed the bottle, and a small envelope was revealed. He set down the bottle, and picked up the envelope, opened it, and removed the Thank You card.

He opened it, and read,'This doesn't scream, but it still tastes good. Enjoy.' He looked up, and thought,"Now who the hell........?"

Mike awoke in the room of a sexual animal. Dinner had been great; Mexican, not Tex-Mex, and they went back to her apartment for drinks and 'conversation.' 15 minutes later he was balls deep in Miranda's snatch, thanking her for all her help, and a great dinner. They fucked for 4 hours, before the two of them collapsed, and slept. He was an early riser, so he had showered and dressed before she stirred. He leaned over, kissed her lips, and left the room.

He had her cell phone number; he left her a note saying she was fantastic, and if she was ever in Houston, to give him a call. He left his number. 1½ hours later, he was on his way to Dallas, with connections to Houston.

James thought of the phone call from Giselle, and what she had told him. This was too good to be true. He closed up everything, and went down to the Bronco. He drove to Best Buy, and picked out a 42" plasma t.v. He had them deliver it to Jillian's house.

He drove to Jillian's house, and there was no car there. He walked up and rang the doorbell. Art answered, in a bathrobe, and I thought,'Oh crap.'

"Hello, James. What brings you here?"

"My Bronco?" I stuttered. He looked past me, to a Best Buy truck just pulling up.

"Who is it, sweets?" I heard a female voice from the bedroom.

"It's the dumb ass, dear. I think he forgot where he left Jillian."

"UHH, No sir. I just thought I'd swing by and set you up with a rental car, so that you wouldn't be stuck here.........with nothing to do" I stammered.

"You don't have much imagination, do you son? I'm glad Jillian is gonna be the brains of this outfit. .....Consuelo, I'm going out for a while. I'll be right back, sweetie."

"Via con dios, my love."

He walked over to the couch, and picked up his pants, and his t-shirt. He got dressed, and with that, the delivery men showed up with the t.v.

"Just put it right there, in the living room."

I signed for it, tipped them, and we all left. I took Art to the Budget Rent-a-Car, and we went in to see the man. He said he had several Ford's, and a few big Dodges.

Art shook his head, and said, "Have you got any pick-up trucks?"

The guy looked at us, and said,"Just one. I've got an F-250 4x4, King Ranch model; gets lousy gas mileage."

"We'll take that" said Art. We signed the papers, and Art drove home to 'finish his interrupted business' .........

I don't want to know.

On Saturday morning, we met at Waffle House, and had breakfast. I schmoozed with Jillian, and finished my breakfast.

"So what's on the agenda today?"

She said she was probably going home to do laundry; there were an awful lot of dirty sheets lately. ......(GROAN)

"How about if Sonia and I go for a ride, and do a little bonding?"

She looked at me kind of funny, and I asked,"What's the matter, don't you trust me?"

"Of course I trust you; it's her I don't trust."

She looked at me over the top of her coffee cup, and grinned.

"O.k., just be careful. Sonia, do you want to go for a ride with Mr. Tremaine?"

"Oh, goody. Where we gonna go?"

"It's a secret. When we get home, we'll hook up the t.v., and you can watch Frozen."

"Don't bother, grandpa already got it hooked up, and he was going to call and get the cable turned on."

"Oh" I said.

I led short stuff out to the truck after paying the bill, kissed Jillian hard on the lips to the accompaniment of woo-woos from my back seat. I got in and started it up while Jillian started the Beemer, and pulled out, and drove away with a honk of her car horn.

"O.K., pal, here's the deal. We are going to go shopping for something special for your Mom. But first, I want to ask you a question."

Her eyes got real big, and she stared at me with anticipation.

"Do you know how I feel about your Mom?"

"Yeah. You love her. Everybody knows that."

Like I said, the biggest dunce on the face of the earth. And this kid was only 4 years old, going on 30.

"Well, I am asking you if I have your permission to ask her to marry me?"

"No, you don't."

Uhh, O.K. what do I do now?

"Well, can I ask why not?"

"Cause."

"Uhh, Cause why?"

"Cause you don't have a ring."

Have I got a lot to learn about being a dad.

"Yes, well, that's why you and I are going out today, to buy your Mom an engagement ring."

"Whoopee; let's go!!!"

That wasn't too hard.

We drove to Camarillo's Jewelry, and entered like we knew what we were doing. We walked up to the counter and spoke to Gus, the manager.

"We need to buy an engagement ring. Approx... .75 carats, but I don't know what size."

"Not to worry, after you make her day, you can bring it in and get it resized. How much you looking to spend?"

"I don't know; but I want something special."

"What does she like?"

"She's kind of quiet, shy almost, and doesn't like anything ostentatious."

"Hmm; I don't know what to......"

"She has red hair, and green eyes, and she sparkles when she talks to him" said Sonia, pointing to me.

"Aah, I have just the thing. I bought it on consignment a while ago, but I can't find a buyer for it."

He went into the vault, and returned with a small tray. On it, was a .75 carat diamond, on a 22 karat white gold ring, with a .50 carat emerald on one side, and a .50 carat ruby on the other. It had filigree work around it.

"That's so pretty" said Sonia in a hushed tone. "I like that one." I looked it over, and thought it might even fit.

"O.K., we'll take it. How much?"

"I'll let you have it for $4500."

"Put it in a box" I said. We went and got ice cream, and went home, partying all the way.

We pulled in, and got out.

"Now remember, not a word. I'm counting on you."

"Yes sir, daddy."

Ooh, I'm really gonna love this job. We went inside, and I was greeted by a kiss that made me wish we were already married.

"So, what did you buy me?"

"How could she know?" yelled Sonia.

"Shh" I said.

"Ahem, what makes you think we bought you something? We went to Builders Square, and got some power tools, and some paint, then I got the oil changed."

"Uh-huh" she said. "You fuss over the Bronco like he was your first born, and change your own oil. And I'm pretty sure you own every power tool ever made. Remember, you showed me your garage?"

Oh, yeah. Right.

Then I used the line women have used for a long time.

"We need to talk." We went into the living area, sat together on the sofa, and Sonia came and sat on her own chair, a small wooden rocker that Jillian, Sonia, and Consuelo had picked up at a flea market.

"When you went to Reno, and got married, how long had you been there when you went to the wedding chapel?"

Her eyes had clouded over, and she tensed a little. Not like when she had first gotten here, but still unnerving.

"We, uh, we flew into Reno about noon, and went right to the chapel." She blushed and looked at her hands.

"He said he couldn't wait to be with me. We got married, and then went back to the motel he had a room reserved at, ......and had sex."

She was embarrassed, trying not to look at Sonia.

"It wasn't love, it was over in like two, three minutes, and I felt dirty. Then he got up and said he had to go to the courthouse, and register the marriage license. He left, and I got out of bed and showered.

He didn't return for more than eight hours; by that time, I was scared. He smelled of cigarettes, whiskey, perfume, and sex.

"He said we had to leave, because there was an emergency at home. We caught a charter home, and he left me at our condo."

By this time she was regressing, back to where she had been three weeks ago. I took her hands in mine.

Sonia was agitated.

"Why is mommy crying?"

I looked Jillian square in the eyes, and said "Listen to me, Jillian; Monday morning we are going to sit down with Giselle, and Michael Petrofsky. We are going to go through everything we know, and lay out our plan to get you out of this.

"But for now, you need to know that you were not married to this asshole, and I'm going to make him pay for what he did to you." Her eyes got wide, she blinked, and her mouth opened and closed, trying to form words.

"You didn't satisfy the residency requirements for Nevada; the license was never filed; there is no record of it being registered at the courthouse; the license he had was what is called a 'commemorative facsimile'. It's not real."

I turned to Sonia.

"Are we ready?"

Her face relaxed, and split into an enormous grin.

"Yes, daddy" She squealed.

"Do I have your permission?"

"Oh, YES!!!!!" she said.

I reached into my pocket, and pulled out the box. I dropped to one knee.

"Oh My God"' she whispered. I opened the box, and held it to her.

"Jillian Ravenaux, will you and Sonia Ravenaux marry me?"

Her eyes teared up again. Sonia squealed and threw herself first on me, then on her mother. Jillian stared at the ring, and then raised her eyes to mine

"YES, please" she breathed. ......"Wait" she said.

She reached down, and took off the simple gold band she had worn.

"I never had an engagement ring" she whispered. She dropped the ring into a Mc Donald's cup on the coffee table.

"O.K., now you can put the ring on me."

"Well done, boy" said Arthur Ravenaux. She was laughing, crying, and shuddering all at the same time. Art and Consuelo were standing in the hallway to the spare bedroom. He was grinning from ear to ear, and Consuelo was sniffling.

He had not even heard them come into the room. Sonia was bouncing around and singing, "I've got a daddy, I've got a daddy." Jillian threw herself into my arms, and the kiss and hug I got made me wish nobody else was in the house.

"I love you" she purred into my mouth.

Then she broke the embrace. "Are you sure about this?" she asked.

"Trust me. We will get this all squared away on Monday."

She beamed, and started kissing again. Sonia started to get antsy, and said she was hungry.

"How about pizza?" I asked.

"Yay", was the overriding answer. We ordered pizza, and spent the rest of the evening eating, talking, and watching 'Frozen'.

Janine was right; after starting to watch it a third time, I realized it was a kid's version of crack.

At about 10:30 p.m., I rose, and said it was time for me to go home to bed, so I could get up for church.

"You go to church?" queried Consuelo.

"Yes, Ma'am, I try to go every Sunday morning, to Sacred Heart Church."

"Well, may we join you?"

"Absolutely, Ma'am, I'd be honored." Art turned and scowled at Consuelo.

Jillian blushed and said "Grandpa is Baptist."

"That's alright, sweetie, he will come also" said Consuelo. She turned and leveled a stare at Art.

He sighed. "I guess I would be right proud to go to a Papist Church" he answered, while giving me a withering stare.

"And then we go to Waffle House for breakfast!!" piped up Sonia.

Consuelo added that Art would be on his best behavior.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 7:15. Mass starts at 8:00."

"Thank you, grandpa", said Jillian with that blinding smile she had.

"Yeah,Yeah" said Art.

I drove home, exceeding the speed limit just a little, and pulled up to my garage, hit the opener button, and pulled in. I closed the door, and went up and showered, and climbed into bed.

'I might need to get a new mattress' I remember thinking as I slowly started to nod off.

'Nah, it was hardly used at all' as I grinned, and lapsed into oblivion.

My alarm awakened me, and I rose and showered, selected my best suit, and a white shirt, and matching tie. I shaved and dressed, looking at myself in the mirror. I felt great, and then I started thinking of my past life, and what I had done.

"Please, God, let me make amends. I have a chance for happiness. I swear I'll never screw up again." I was crying. I stood for a moment, and got a hold of myself. I sucked it up, and left for the condo.

I pulled up in the Jaguar, and went to the front door, and rang the bell. The door answered, and a very pretty short person in a blue dress and black patent leather shoes, with white knee high socks answered the door.

"Daddy!!"she squealed, and launched herself into my arms. I caught her, and kissed her cheek. She giggled, and I put her down, and turned to face Art and Consuelo. Both of them were dressed in their Sunday best. Then I heard the clicking of high heels coming down the hall, and turned to see this vision of loveliness enter the room.

She had on a blue dress which matched Sonia's, but definitely was a grown-up version. It came just to her knees in front, and curved down to mid-calf in the back. Black 3 ½ heels, blue stockings, and a blue shawl completed the look. She was my vision of loveliness.

"Good morning" I said.

"Good Morning" she replied, and kissed me chastely on the lips. I tried for more, but she stopped me.

"Ah, Ah, Ah" she admonished. "We are going to church. What would God say?"

'He'd say I was a lucky dog' I thought.

"Yes, dear" I replied.

"O.K.," I said, "let's go. We must take the Beemer, because the ladies are dressed way to nice to ride in the Bronco, and the Jag only holds two." We left, and arrived at church. I escorted my lady, and her daughter grabbed her grandfather's and Consuelo's hands.

We went in, and I led everyone down to the second from the front row. I turned and said to Jillian "WE survived last time, so I figured we can't do any worse up close." Jillian beamed, and moved into the pew. Sonia was ensconced with her grandparents (pretty soon), so I moved in to Jillian's side. Sonia was pointing out all the things she had learned last time, much to Art and Consuelo's amusement.

We celebrated mass, and sang all the songs I could find in the hymnal. We left, with Sonia telling everyone that we would be back to see baby Jesus, and his mommy. We ran into Father Jerome on the way out, and introductions were made all around. He commented on Jillian's jewelry. It would have been hard not to, as my darling had suddenly become left-handed.

"Congratulations to you both, my children. I see you have also moved closer to God."

I felt he meant sitting in the second from front row.

"That's good to see. But don't forget to keep making amends, James. God is always watching." Sonia's eyes about bugged out of her head, as she looked around.

"He likes to keep tabs, like Santa Clause, my child" he added.

We piled into the Beemer, and made our way to Waffle House. We got the big booth in the back, and Art was looking around when Ginger laid a menu in front of him.

"At last, real food" he said. Intro's were made all around, and Sonia hugged Ginger. Jillian made a small effort to adjust her hair -with her left hand.

"Oh, don't worry, Sugar, I noticed" she said laughingly. "WOW, who's the lucky guy?"

"HEY, I'm still sitting right here!" I said.

Laughter erupted around the table, and Jillian had to show all the other waitresses, and several of the customers her treasure. A good breakfast, and great conversation ensued. We had an excellent morning.

I suggested we go to my house, so I could show off a little. Art and Consuelo were amenable, so we tooled off to Casa Tremaine, and I turned into my driveway. I was reaching for my remote, when Sonia yelled out, "MAKE MAGIC!!"

"Your wish is my command, princess" as I pressed the button. The door slowly opened, revealing the big blue and crème colored Bronco sleeping lazily in the garage.

"Shh,"said Sonia to grandpa and Consuelo, "He's sleeping."

"Oho," replied Consuelo, "Well, we don't want to wake him, do we? We'll be very quiet." We got out of the car, I closed the door, and led the way into the house.

Consuelo and Art seemed satisfied that I would not be making their Granddaughter, and Great-Granddaughter sleep in a barn, so I figured I was ahead on points. "Would anyone like anything to drink?" I asked.

"Bourbon would be good", said Art. Consuelo and Jillian opted for a California Moscato. Sonia asked if she could have orange juice, and I poured a Chivas on the rocks. I also put on a pot of coffee.

I served the drinks, and proposed a toast. "To the rest of our lives together. I hope to be as happy in 50 years as I am right now." I looked squarely into Jillian's eyes, and smiled.

"I love you." She blushed, and started to cry. She got up, came to me, and crushed me to her body, kissing me with a passion I don't think I have ever felt. I thought I was back in high school; maybe I should ask for my bubble gum back.

We spooled up the television, and Sonia couldn't understand why the penguins and seals weren't on this afternoon. I laughed, and realized all the things this kid had missed. I was going to enjoy being married, and being a dad.

Then the Giants game came on, and I prepared to be chagrined, and humiliated. But my future wife's happiness must have moved across the airways all the way to Seattle, Washington, because my boys beat the Seahawks on a last minute field goal, 23-22.

My life was definitely turning around.

We grilled some steaks for the adults, and hot dogs for the munchkin, and had a nice dinner on the patio. Life was good. I figured I'd press my luck, and I asked Consuelo if she could give me a hand in the kitchen for a minute. She smiled, and said, "Of course".

I cornered her and said, "O.K., I've done my part; what about you and Art?"

She chuckled in that worldly, all knowing tone, and said, "It took you long enough to call me on it. Ask again after Thanksgiving. You did very good with Jillian, and Sonia. I see I have my work cut out for me" she chuckled again.

This lady was very smooth. I needed to stay on her good side.

We talked for a moment, then rejoined everyone. I took them on a tour of the house, the pool area, and finally my garage, which really didn't interest Consuelo. But on the way back inside, I heard her whisper to Jillian, "You're right, sweetie, he does have almost every power tool known to man."

It was getting late, and Sonia was yawning. So we got the Beemer outside, and left for the condo. I pulled into her garage, and picked up my princess and carried her to bed. Consuelo came in and got her into her jammies; I kissed her good night, and then went out to the living room, and told my darling fiance that I loved her, and would see her tomorrow. Both of the older folks had somehow disappeared, and Jillian attacked my lips, and my ass.

"We need to start making wedding plans, because I don't know how much longer I can behave myself."