All Comments on 'The Perfect Diamond'

by Emmie8111

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Well written (and obviously checked for spelling and grammar!). The romance, however, was really too hasty to be believable. It is the suspense that usually makes romance stories so engaging, and makes the reader so happy when the couple finally gets together. But, again, well written and worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Poorly written, couldn't finish page 1. Who is saying what? its just a whole lot of 'speech' yet not knowing who is saying it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Agree with #2!

Emmie,

What you wrote about is what we all want...true love. You really get that, but the quick beginning of their love, especially after what they'd both experienced, was all too unbelievable. People who have been traumatized by one thing or another are usually fearful or at least reticent to trust. But it was not confusing, as #1 stated. Whoever that was, doesn't read well. : ) Keep going on this kind of story, because you have a heart for the love we all want. Merry Christmas!

Innocente

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
Confusing!

Did I miss something or is this an all black cast or an interracial story or what? She talks about his "black cock" so unless he's multicolored or of mid East or Mediterranean background doesn't that make him black? You might say that all this doesn't make any difference: love is love, but I find interracial stories offensive so I'd like to know what I'm reading. It really doesn't matter since it is so wildly fantastic that it isn't worth much anyway. We aren't given an opportunity to rate it which is probably for the best. 2* anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
his slut dream

just one of his dreams. did not like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Is this supposed to be a romance?

What about the ground rules of romance? Isn't it supposed to be about emotions and feelings? I didn't feel any of those conveyed. I couldn't bond with the characters because I didn't know much at all about them. Hardly any thought processes. To the reader, she just magically has a thing for him and then even falls in love with him in not even a day. Same goes for him of course. It just doesn't make sense to the reader, so it is unbelievable.

And the vigorous intercourse they had didn't really help the romance part. It all felt more like a pr0n movie in text form rather than a romance story: The couple meets somehow, magically feels attracted, they have rough sex for some reason, and she simply meets all his family who instantly loves her. Everything happens so fast that it seems it is all not even important. The reader doesn't get to know the characters on a level that would make it possible to identify with them, making it impossible to enjoy the story for a romance.

Perhaps it wasn't really meant to be a romance; then it is in the wrong category, obviously. Anyway, I hope this critique helps with future endeavors.

- R

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Also, I think it's pretty cheap to disable ratings after getting only five stars from whoever. If one wants to write good stories, one needs to improve. If one wants to improve, one should take all the criticism one can get and consider it. Most people start small. It is not a shame to write "bad" stories. One can learn from those and build on them. Reading other's stories and analyzing them may help.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmmie8111@Emmie8111
157 Followers
Proud to call myself a Big, Beautiful Woman, and currently exploring more of my sexuality. Curiosity in the least, wanting to explore more with men and women. I'm an avid reader, and writer. Lover of casual conversation before developing into something more than that. Not a fa...