All Comments on 'The Perfect Little Side Dish'

by GummyBearsRReal

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
1 star

A story about thoroughly unlikeable people.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 4 years ago
Make up your mind

She'd regret the affair all her life but it was all worth it. Figure that out and let me know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stupid

Just stupid

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_byealmost 4 years ago
abrupt ending

The story builds well then, slam, done. A good opportunity missed to explore the repercussions especially with Diane and Sylvia. The dialogue between the ladies and those reflections are where some real discovery begins. Possibly a chpt2?

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Had potential, but in the end it made no sense.

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 4 years ago
lost

this was great , realy enjoyed it ,, realy good build up, ,,,, then you reach the end , ,,? , what happened, it needed more , , ok so steve was depressed and couldnt,/ didnt want to talk, and his wife just sort of cant see whats happening ,, she has a affair and he finds out ,, , this was a 5 star all the way but the ending left me wanting , , ok its your story and a realy good one , but please , if at all possible , write a ending and finish the story .. thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A cautionary tale

You guys don't get it. The last sentence was ironic. It had to be the time of her life because it cost her everything. She had to keep telling herself that. No further story needs to be told. This is just another example of the emptiness of modern life.

R.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

What a stupid couple. They deserve each other's pain, dumbasses.

But Kristy is the stupider of the two. It was worth it, she had the time of her live???

Mental moron!!!!

What's left for her?

Whoredom???

Impo_64Impo_64almost 4 years ago
This could be a good story, but...

This could be a good story, but it had a weak ending...3*

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 4 years ago
Now what

So she had the time of her life and she thinks it was all worth it. What a sick bitch. She thinks that destroying 2 families was worth it. I bet her life from there on isn't going to be a bed of roses. Later, does she think it was all worth it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Better than it looks.

The adultery was not the cause, it was the most serious symptom. The marriage had essentially ended some weeks or months before the fucking started. Kristy's whoring finally got Steven off his ass to accept that she was no longer his wife, no longer a decent woman, no longer his friend and partner. They will both be happier with other partners in the future. Kristy wants more attention and better sex, and Steven wants a better human being. Makes you wonder if either one will ever find what they want.

I thought the story was well written, and did a good job of illuminating how sex and lust can be sought as substitutes for love and devotion when you have a juvenile mentality. Kristy was at best too immature to be Steven's wife. For her it was just an exciting and sensually satisfying game. I guess she never really thought Steven would divorce her. Hope she is more prudent in her future relationships. The woman who is actually interesting and intriguing is David's wife Janice. Now that could be a story worth telling from her perspective. Why and what compelled her to put up with his shit, and what finally made her realize she was just place holder in his life, just a woman to contribute to the finances and care for the house and the children? Guess she got woke.

The last thing I find most interesting is the relatively low scoring. This story was way better than most sub-4 stories. Admittedly not a 5, but better than a 4.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
She would regret it the rest of her life...

...but it was worth it? WTF? You can’t have it both ways.

management91399management91399almost 4 years ago

Interesting story, like you are testing the waters in the LW category after working in three others primarily. It's subtle but Steven is clinically depressed, if there was a part two in this I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to off himself as he's never gotten over the death of his parents. And because of his depression and his wife's self contentedness the son is suffering. This exchange here

"There was silence as they cleaned. Sylvia was scrubbing at some mold on the baseboard..........

Mold had gotten onto Sylvia's finger from the wall. Both of them wondered why Steven and Kristy failed to notice that mold. It hadn't caused any problems for the boy so far.

Huge red flag, this story has the 5 year old perpetually being passed off to some other non-related caregiver. We really don't see Dad being a Dad or Mom being a Mom. Steve is having problems, Kristy is ignoring that and not talking to him, or at least not talking to him in a manner that says, if you don't give me what I need I'm going somewhere else. This is the classic LW story, a couple who at some point in the distant past was able to communicate suddenly now stops and goes elsewhere to solve their problems.

Good stuff, different vibe, it stands out from the pack in a good way. be interesting to read more parts or an expanded version to see how we got here and what happens after the explosion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
4*s

Illuminating story. Ironic ending was good. Unfortunately, many readers will miss the irony, lol.

Lacking character development keeps this form recieving a better score.

How did Steven and Kristy relationship develope before marriage, for the years right afterward?? We don't know...Only towards the end of the story we find out the husband was in a major depression and not getting any help, treatment. He has a clueless wife. Kristy is only thinking about herself, her needs. If she always was like this then Steven was a fool. But we (the reader) don't know.. The marriage also suffers because of poor communication. Was it always like that?

The child Jaden, who cares? Not GummyBearsRReal, the child is just a plot device 🤭.

This story needed more work.

Thank you GummyBearsRReal. It was interesting.

I'm the original

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Interestingly different, ... sort of...

Kinda liked it. Fair erotic elements. Cuckold husband didn't just take it.

Mold metaphor was creative, but seemed tossed aside as soon as it was hatched. Steven's emotional turmoil was sort of "oh well'ed" away. Janice's "participation" was very interesting but her role and breaking point were just, .... Uh... just too peripheral to explore/explain?I

At one point I thought Steven might be boinkig one of her girlfriends.

As in so many of these stories, the erotic elements are not the best of the "story", it's the characters and their feelings and actions/thoughts that are the actual meat of it. The erotic parts are the tantalizing sauce. I like a good sauce and this one was decent, but the steak was not ready.

All together, I would nibble at this dish again if I believed the chef were trying to improve and not just cover a poor cut of meat with more of the same sauce.

I gave 4*, .... But may have gone 3* if I had thought harder,... Hmmmm...I

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nope!

What a load of Crap!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I DON'T GET IT......

She would regret it the rest of her life but it was worth it? Please, someone explain this to me. "Please help you've got to help me fix this ". Why any show of regret when at the end of the story she had the time of her life.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

The ending doesn’t make any sense. Thinking it was worth it, is NOT a regret.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story, but jarring transitions in scene and dialog. I too often found myself reading back a paragraph to figure out that I was now reading about a different scene or dialog between different people. Other than that, it was engaging.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 3 years ago

Hot sex. Well written. The only thing missing was Kristy realizing she wasn’t really in love with Steven.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Seems like a bit of a confused story. The description says 'What happens when there's very little consequence', but turns out there are drastic consequences. Could be a red herring, but even Kristy doesn't know whether she's regretful or not, whether she cares about Steve leaving or not. Maybe it's just her character that's messed up, but her confusion doesn't add much to the story.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

There's no real consequence. She moves on, he moves on, no one figures anything out. I enjoy how empty this one is. Just a tragedy in slow motion, ignored by all the narcissists.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Again, a story that is well- written and detailed - until the climax. Then it turns into newspaper reportage: summarized, dry, emotions talked about but not really shown, consequences described briefly but not really shown. No sense of the devastation of divorce, no sense of guilt in the cheating wife… just emptiness.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous