The Perfect Storm

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a knock at the door. It opened and a very meek Anna peeked in.

"What is it, honey?" Marie Asked.

"Yeah, look. I don't know where you guys are with this but... Kelly just called. She wanted to know if I'd go see that movie with her. Her folks had asked her to go with them but then they bummed out. She wanted to know if I'd go but I promised you guys, so... well I was wondering if we could all go together. Us, as a family, plus one."

"Uh... I don't know, sweetly... in this weather..." Rumble, rumble.

"It's three oclock, mom. We're talking about tonight. This storm will be long gone by then."

"Call Kelly" Alan cut in. "Tell her we'll pick her up at eight for the late show. We have something else to do first." He looked at Marie. "We have to go see the police. Then we'll pick her up. Tell her we'll go to the Diner afterwards." Boom, Rumble, rumble.

Anna smiled brightly, bit her lip, and danced out, clearly hopeful about a reconciliation.

Marie stared at the closed door a moment after she'd left. "That was very kind of you" she said still turned away. He came up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders. She closed her eyes and tears streamed forth.

"I'm sorry I made you say all those things" he said softly.

"I know it must have hurt." She turned to him. "But please, understand this... if the shoe as on the other foot, I know you would have felt the same way, that whoever it might have been, she would have been all that to you." Rumble, rumble.

"Yeah, I was wondering about that a little when you asked why I never questioned you. Somehow, I knew but just never wanted to see it that way. This kinda snapped it all into reality."

"Are we good then, at least about that much?" Her tears increased. She watched him pause, look away struggling with his own pain.

"You know it's not that easy." He looked at her. "To forgive means to forget, or at least not let it be called to mind." He drew a deep breath, held it, then let it out hard still trying to stay composed. "I guess you feel the same about me not talking to you about it all the way back when... I'd say we both need a little time." She threw her arms around him and held him in a death grip. "But I think we'll both get there." She held him tighter, the tears soaking his shirt.

Alan just held her. Rumble, rumble. He could hear it. The storm was moving off. The booms and the rumbling were further and further off. It had been quite a storm. And for him, it wasn't entirely over. He'd go about the yard picking up debris and watching as the flowers recovered and bloomed once again. This storm for his family would pass too and they would flourish again.

A week later, the man was in jail after the setup caught him in the act of taking money for extortion. Alan and Marie are working things out, but holding back secrets for events that occurred nineteen years ago costs a certain amount of trust which must be earned back.

Epilogue

An announcement was made and a woman and a man took their places on the open floor. She curtsied and he bowed to the onlookers and then to each other. He took her hand and put his other on her waist. She in turn put her's on his shoulder.

A woman stood on the side, tears in her eyes as the music began to play. The two on the floor took off in a beautiful dance, a classic waltz, her dress spinning and flowing about.

"She's so beautiful" a young man said walking up to the woman on the side.

"All I can say is that you'd better take good care of her because that man she's dancing with treasures her more than anything, even me."

"I will, and I promise you both, you'll have lots of grandkids!"

Marie laughed as she watched her greatest dream come true, her husband dancing with his little girl at her wedding!

12