The Perfect Wife Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He took her in her arms but kept a polite distance. Finally, after a few minutes, she spoke, "My name is Rebecca. My friends call me Becky."

"Nice to meet you, Rebecca. My name is Robert, and all my friends call me Robert. I know; it sounds trite. But one of my hangups in life is calling people by their names. I hate being called Bobby or Rob. I hope you can understand."

Rebecca smiled, "Nice to meet Robert. A few minutes later. "Robert, I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you turn down that girl? She was crying all the way back to her table."

"She was being a jerk." he snorted. "She and her entourage deliberately made a fool out of my friend. We're all just average guys here, just blowing off steam after working our asses off all week. We don't need to put up with that kind of shit from people."

Rebecca studied Robert, then spoke, "Well, let me hear it, your best line."

"It's not really a line so much as it is a bet," he explained.

Rebecca giggled, "Let me guess. Heads, you get me. Tails, I get you."

Chuckling, "No, it's a 20-dollar bet," he replied. "But I like your thinking."

"Well, hit me with it. I love to gamble. What's the bet."

"First, I want to warn you I've never lost at it," he declared proudly.

"Wells, they're always the first time," she smirked.

All right, here's the bet. He started explaining to her with an evil grin. I bet you $20 that I can kiss you without touching your lips."

Rebecca tilted with a questionable look.

Robert dried chuckled, "Oh, let me rephrase it. I can kiss you on the lips without touching your lips or any other part of you.

"Bet," she snapped back.

He turned, walked to the DJ, and spent a few minutes whispering in his ears.

He walked back and stood in front of Rebecca. The music stopped.

"People," yelled the DJ, "My friend Robert has just made a bet with the young lady standing next to him. And he needs all of you to be judges and witnesses to the event to ensure no cheating. So, Robert, the floor is yours."

"Alright, I want you to meet a friend of mine; her name is Rebecca. This is Rebecca's first time here at Casa. So, let's give her a warm welcome." All the guys cheered, and the girls booed.

"Here's the bet. I just bet her I could kiss her on the lips without touching her lips or any other part of her body. You guys will be the judges to ensure I don't touch her lips or another part of her body. And to verify, I actually kissed her."

Shouting erupted from the guys, "Do it, do it."

Robert moved toward Rebecca with a big grin on his face. He stopped and yelled out, "Wait a minute. Where's your money?"

"I got it," she snapped back.

"Let me see it."

"You don't trust me?"

He smiled, nodding his head up and down to mean yes, but said, "No, I don't. No money, no bet. Here's mine." Pulling out a single 20-dollar bill.

She dug around in her little shoulder clutch. Everyone started humming the Jeopardy theme song while waiting.

First, a ten came out, then a folded five. Later, four crumpled up one-dollar bills. Then, digging in the bottom of her purse, she found three-quarter two dimes. "I am sorry. That's all I got. Can't you trust me for the rest?"

Robert took it seriously, "I don't know, what do you guys think?" He said, playing to the crowd. "Do you think I can trust her?

"No!" everyone yelled." Rebecca was in shock. She then stuck out her bottom lip to pout to show her feigned hurt feelings.

Trey stepped up and pulled out a nickel, "I'll cover her. I got to see this."

"Come here, Marjorie, you can hold the money. I know these bums here, and I don't trust the lot of them," explained Robert. Then, after handing her the money, he moved toward Rebecca again.

Again he pulled back at the last minute. "I forgot to ask you, if I accidentally touch your lips, you're not pressing charges against me. And you won't slap me?"

Getting into the game, Rebecca announced. "Everyone may have your attention, please. I will not press charges if he accidentally kisses me. But let me give him a warning; he will be graded." Everyone laughed.

"All right, here goes," said Robert.

The whole place went quiet as he moved closer to Rebecca. She waited with anticipation. She was excited and terrified at the same time. She could smell his Polo cologne as he moved around her. His breath next to her neck sent chills throughout her body.

She watched him move closer and pull away from her face at the last minute. He kept repositioning himself for whatever he was planning.

Finally, he gently placed his hands on her cheeks and softly touched his lips to hers, and his tongue lightly caressed her lips. She closed her eyes and moaned into his mouth as his tongue barely breached her open mouth.

Robert felt his surroundings go black as he waded into the blue pools of blue in Rebecca's eyes. His heart raced with excitement.

Robert finally heard cheering as the sound around returned to full volume. He slowly moved away from her. He could taste the light pink flesh-tone lipstick, and the smell of her Channel No. 5 lingered in his senses.

She looked up into Robert's eyes. They were fully dilated with desire. She wanted the kiss to last all night. She could taste him on her lips as she brushed her tongue across them. She had never been looked at with such desire in a man's eyes; they seemed to open up to his soul.

He slowly pulled away in shock and said, "You win."

He turned and said, "Marjorie, she won. Give her the money." He pressed his lips together and gave a sad smile. Then, and with a tone barely above a whisper, "I am sorry, but I have to go. I have to work tomorrow."

She whispered back and asked, "Why did you kiss me like that?"

With a warm smile, "You fascinate me." he replied. She could hear the girls around her swoon as he said it. He turned and quickly left the bar.

Marjy walked up to Becky here's your money." Grinning at her, "That was one hell of a kiss." Rebecca was speechless, so she just nodded, yes."

"Well, what is the grade?" Marjory asked. Rebecca just nodded again. "That good, huh? Marjy continued, "Look around, honey. There are a lot of broken hearts staring at you. Good luck."

Rebecca felt a light tap on her shoulder as she started for the exit. She turned to see a woman smiling at her. She said, "Excuse me, I saw what he did to you. I'm warning you to be careful around him."

Rebecca asked, "What do you mean?

The woman explained, "He's a violent man. At first, when we started dating, everything was great. He was a romantic and said all the right things.

"After a time, he became very possessive and controlling. He slowly cut me off from family and friends. Then he became extremely jealous. He would wait for me after work to make sure I wasn't talking to any of my male co-workers.

"Then he criticized me for my weight and the clothes I wore. Over time he became verbally abusive and became physically violent at the end. Please be careful around him. Maybe he has changed, but doubt it."

Rebecca was shocked, "I'm so sorry, what an asshole. Thank you very much for telling me. I owe you big time. Please let me know if I can ever do anything for you in the future." The women sniffled, turned, and walked away.

Rebecca slowly walked to her car, kicking herself in the ass for allowing that bastard to touch her.

She sat in her car, waiting for it to warm up, when she was startled by light tapping on her driver's side window.

Becky slowly rolled down her window to see two big brown female eyes staring at her.

"Becky? Becky Thurman? It's me, Annie Burke. I'm Angie's younger sister. She ran around with your sister Beth and was her college roommate."

"Yea," Rebecca squealed as she hopped out of her Honda. They hugged and squealed again. "I haven't seen you in what, four years?"

Annie replied, "Yea, I think you were just starting college. It was at Beth's baby shower."

"Rebecca, what did that bitch talk to you about?

"She warned me about that jerk that kissed me."

"What did she tell you about Robert and their history?" asked Annie.

Rebecca regaled the story the woman told her.

Annie shook her head and said, "That lying bitch. Whatever she said, it was a downright lie. He had every right to be violent. But he never touched her.

"He came home early one night from an out-of-town business trip and caught them fucking on his desk.

"The guy was an employee who had been hired a couple of months earlier so he could spend more time with her. They were lucky. Instead of them, Robert violently took out his anger on the desk in his office.

"After it happened, we hadn't heard from him for months. So, I finally picked up a couple of Subways and took off work to have lunch with his shop. That's when I found out what happened and saw what was left of the desk in the office was in pieces.

"The little gang I hang out with that you saw sitting at the table tonight. It took months to get him to return to the club. We even had to recruit his mother for help. Don't get me wrong; I hate that bitch, so you decide for yourself which of us is lying."

Becky looked shocked and then said, "That fucking bitch."

Annie kept talking, "I've tried for two years to wiggle my way into his heart. But, unfortunately, I'm not his type."

"What do you mean? You're not his type. You're beautiful," said Becky.

"Yeah, I might be, but I'm not his type. Then, mocking Becky, "I don't fascinate him. But you do."

"Why is he into fat girls?" asked Rebecca.

"You're not fat; you're athletic," Angie admonished her.

"Athletic, my ass, I'm built like a linebacker," she replied.

Annie asked, "Did you, by chance, get a look at that slut that you were talking to?" You and she are his type. He likes athletic girls. You have that California blond look: soft, delicate facial features, big blue eyes, and natural blond hair.

Rebecca sighed, "Yeah, the California Blond beached whale look." Sighing, "I've done everything to lose weight. But it just won't come off."

"All I know is you made quite the impression on him," smiled Annie. Then, with a lustful smirk, "When he walked back to the table after that kiss, his pants were so tight up front I could tell his religion. He had the biggest hard-on I've ever seen.

"Those things are better than lie detectors for men. Also, look at his hands. They're huge. Just in case you don't believe me.

"I just wanted you to know Robert's a very good friend. So, if you're not interested, please don't pursue him. If you are, don't hurt him.

"But I'm warning you upfront; he's a one-woman man. And he expects a one-man woman. So be warned."

Becky asked, "Would you give it up for him?"

Smiling and nodding to her, "In a heartbeat, Honey. And I would never regret it."

Becky reached into the middle seat console and pulled out a pen and a piece of paper.

"I know it's a lot to ask because you like him, but could you give me his phone number and work address? Also, if I call him, what kind of business does he own?" she asked as Annie wrote down his work number and the company's name.

"I don't know. I don't have a clue. I don't begin to understand it, but it's some type of new fan. He has about a dozen patents on them."

She returned the paper to Becky, and they hugged and kissed and said their goodbyes. "If I can't get Robert, I hope you do," Annie said as she walked away.

Becky couldn't keep him off her mind for the next five days. She could still feel the softness of his kiss on her lips. She pulled out his number and address, "Field trip tomorrow," she thought to herself.

Xxxx

Wham!!! The door slammed as the metal building shook on its concrete foundation. Robert threw back his welding helmet as the vibration ran through his feet, letting him know he had a visitor.

Turning his head to check the entrance, he smiled and then looked confused at a young lady who stood there smiling back at him.

"What brings you here, Rebecca? How did you find me?" he asked as he switched off his electric welder.

"I thought we could do lunch today."

"Sorry, no can do. I have orders for fans that need to be filled. I need to get them built, and they must ship by tomorrow afternoon. I really am sorry and would love to, but I just don't have time to get lunch with you. Maybe some other time."

Rebecca smiled. "There's an old saying, 'If the mountain won't go to Mohammed, then Mohammed must go to the mountain," as Rebecca lifted a six and 12-inch Subway. "Their Cold-Cut Trios," she informed him.

"You didn't answer my question. How did you find me, and better yet, why?" asked Robert.

She smiled, "You know a lady never reveals her secrets. And why. Because you fascinate me."

Robert chuckled, "Give me a minute. Let me wash up. I need to get some of this crap off me."

Rebecca looked around, appraising his business, trying to figure out what he was manufacturing.

"Ah, better," said Robert coming out of the restroom and drying his hands and forearms. "I see you were looking around. Would you like a private tour of the plant?"

"I would love one. I'm just trying to figure out what you're manufacturing," she quizzed.

"I produce Destratification fans," with a smug reply, knowing full well she wouldn't know what they were."

She listened to his answer and replied, "I've never heard of them. How do they work?

"I wouldn't think you had heard of them. I came up with the idea and have a patent on them. Well, at least some of the improvements. You can't patent something that has been around for 100 years."

"How do they work?" She asked.

"Have you ever been in a garage that works on cars in the winter?"

She nodded yes.

"Walking into the building, you look up and see the forced heating air units in the ceiling going full blast. But everyone is wearing a jacket, and it's cold.

"That's because heat rises, and my fans push their back down on the floors, unlike the paddle fan, which a very inefficient. Mine can save you up to 40% a year in heating costs; now, with air-conditioning, around 10 to 20% savings.

"How did you come up with this idea," she asked in amazement.

"Well, I always looked differently at things. I see a problem and try to figure out a better way of doing things. I guess I take after my father and grandfather. They are both engineers," he explained. "Come on, let's show you around.

"Here is the shipping and receiving department. I'm sorry I'd introduce you to the manager of this department, he's at lunch. Rebecca was analyzing the insufficiency of the department.

"Now, here is the testing of the finished product. Every fan is tested before being shipped out. It looks like the QC manager must have gone out with my shipping manager. He smiled and spoke, "Keep moving, keep moving," directing her with his hands.

"Next, this is manufacturing." Giving Rebecca a twisted smile, "Here's where the Magic happens,"

Not letting Robert get the best of her, "Let me guess, this is where you go, fan yourself," she quipped.

Robert knew he was bested, motioning with his hands, "Keep moving, keep moving. Now here is the only job the manager is fully qualified to do. This is our janitorial department."

"Let me guess," she chortled, "He's out to lunch."

"Keep moving, keep moving," Robert ordered. "Here is the CEO's Executive Suite. He's the most useless SOB in the building. And is way overpaid."

Rebecca noticed the destroyed desk in the corner. "What happened to the desk?" she asked.

"It had a problem I couldn't fix. It wasn't level, kept rocking back and forth, and drove me crazy. So I destroyed it.

"Oh, this is the accounting section. Payable and billable," explained Robert.

"Looks like he's out to lunch also," said Rebecca.

"Nope, not he, but a she. And that she is my mom. She's my bookkeeper. She comes in on Monday, Wednesday, and half a day on Friday."

Rebecca smiled, "That's nice of your Mom. Is she an employee? Or does she work for free?"

"Oh no, you don't know my Mom. I do pay her, but she has three requirements to help me out. First, I must keep the restroom clean. Second, go to lunch at my parent's house on Sunday.

"And finally, I must go out every third Saturday night with my friends. It started out every two weeks. But I got her down to every three. Come on, let's eat. I'm starving."

"You want a pop? I got Diet Coke or water," said Robert.

"I'll take the Coke," replied Rebecca.

"Come on, and we'll sit in the breakroom and eat," he said as he led her to the office area.

"Taking a few bites of his sandwich, he looked at Rebecca and asked, "How much do I owe you."

She gave a distorted smile, "Nothing you paid for it."

"When? he asked.

"20 dollars. Friday's bet. Remember,"

"Are you sure? I'll pay for it," said Robert.

She had just taken a bite. She responded by putting her hand up and waving him off, and shaking her head no.

Robert watched the face Rebecca's face as she ate. She looked like she wanted to say something.

"Tell me about yourself, Rebecca. Are you from Atlanta?" asked Robert. "By the way, I don't even know your last name. Mine is Bradshaw."

"Here's the Readers Digest version. My name is Rebecca Thurman, and I was born and bred in North Georgia. I grew up in Dahlonega.

"My family arrived in Georgia in the early 1700s, and I attended St Andrew's Academy."

That bit of information caught Robert's attention. It took money and clout to get into that school. And her last name sounded familiar.

"I live in Buckhead and work at Coca-Cola as an Industrial Engineer. I graduated from Georgia about six months ago. I attended on an Athletic scholarship. I was the starting pitcher for the softball team for the last two years.

"Damn, I would have loved to have seen you play," Robert said.

"Well, I have videos. If you like to watch them, I'll bring them with me sometime. I have two brothers and two sisters. I was the oops baby, nine years younger than my youngest brother.

"Yea, me too," said Robert," I'm about eight years younger than my next sibling. Two brothers and two sisters."

Putting down his cold-cut sandwich and decided to start the conversation. "Why are you here for real, Rebecca?"

Hemming and hawing around, "I thought we might get together a few times. You look like you would be fun to hang out with." She paused and waited for his answer.

Pursing his lips, "God, I would love to. You're terrific from what I've seen and our few minutes together."

Hesitating, "I don't know you very well, so don't take this personally. I can only go by my personal experiences. I have concluded that women in our generation only want to show up at the finish line to enjoy the victory.

"For example, at the Indianapolis 500, after the race ends and the victor shows up in the winner's circle, the beautiful woman shows up to be with the victor. Only after hours of hard work in building the car, testing, and the driving's done, she shows up for the benefits.

"Or, after the guy builds his wealth, the 19-year-old beauty emerges and walks on the yacht. She didn't do anything to be there but be beautiful. He took years to get there with hard work."

He continued, "I can't describe what I think of you with adjectives. I can't put a description to it. But I know one thing. By the time I've built this company to the level, I can consider getting married and having kids. You'll be married, living in the burbs with four kids. And he'll be one lucky son-of-a-bitch."

Rebecca noticed the sadness in his eyes. "Come on," she pleaded, "Just a couple times a week; you can find a few minutes."

He stood and balled the footlong wrapper into a ball and tossed it 20 ft across the room, hitting the trash can dead center.

"Come on with me," Robert said. She followed him out onto the work floor. Here is my Gantt chart schedule for the next three months. I have a total of 12 hours off during that time, not including Sundays and sleep. And even that's fluid.