All Comments on 'The PI Who Knew Too Much Ch. 02'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

At least, he'll get paid for his efforts!

5

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

An interesting detective story. Who killed her? I have an idea.

YouamiYouamialmost 4 years ago

I really enjoyed this trip down noir memory lane! Spector (thank God you didn't name him Phil!) Had all the wiseass lines that would've made Bogart smile. Truly, an interesting plot with engaging characters. What more could a reader want?!!! I know.....more please STAT!

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Running well

Good story running along nicely. Comfortable familiarity of a gumshoe novel with interesting characters and what's developing into a great plotline. Thank you AB looking forward to next chapter.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 4 years ago

I wish you'd quit doing this, I'm tired of sitting on pins and needles. Five stras from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Nothing was said about removing the breathing tube, then they give him pills and a cup of water? Then soup??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
way to short for a chapter, maybe and intro for one

writing isn't bad but its spread to thin

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
For future reference

A person is not allowed to eat or drink while intubated. Even if the patient were alert enough to be interested, his swallowing process would be disrupted by the endotrachel tube. The risk of aspiration (food or fluids entering the lungs rather than the stomach) would high despite the balloon on the ET tube intended to form a seal with the lining of the trachea.

If someone requires long term ventilation they undergo a tracheostomy after which they usually can swallow adequately.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is a fun read

Thank you!

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years ago

Great writing, great story. I only have two questions at this point: why is it on a erotica website, and why in loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Still

wondering where this is heading?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is a pi story.

What year did this's story take place .$60 a day. For a pi.maybe1940.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Why

Why didn't he help himself to a couple of C notes to cover expenses ,as well as the journal.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 4 years agoAuthor

ARRRRGH!

Please substitute this for the offending graf:

I slept most of the afternoon. Around five the young doc came back in, did something that told him I could breathe without help, and took the tube out of my throat. It didn't exactly hurt, but it felt really strange. I wouldn't want a repeat performance. I got to celebrate with a delicious supper of some sort of soup, two slices of pear, and a cup of weak tea. Be still my beating heart.

No excuse, anonymous sir or ma'am, as the case may be. Same to you, Steve.

luedonluedonalmost 4 years ago
So much for the 'Loving Wife'

She was killed by the mob somewhere shortly after the end of Chapter 1 and well before the beginning of Chapter 2.

So, King Bandor, the answer to your questions may be revealed in the "small journal".

And what is the "Too Much" that the PI knew? Will that also be revealed?

We await Chapter 3 with interest.

Lue

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 4 years ago
Only two question for anon and others

Did the story entertain you and do you want to read the continuation? All the nit picking is unnecessary. In life as in a story you've read hindsight is 20/20. Should of done this or said that. A waste of time.

Thank you Mr. Bierce for a fine story and your hard work. Waiting for the next chapter.

Woodmanone

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Like KingBandor said " great writing, great story "

Just how many more "- To be continued- " 's are there before I shut it down?

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 for the error with the respirator and taking the pills. Sorry, but I spent too much time visiting a loved one in the ICU and that was just too much of a glaring error. On the other side, your writing is excellent. The story is very addictive, and I like your style. I'm waiting to see where this goes with eager anticipation.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago
Anon, why

I believe the story states that he put the journal and money into his pocket. Story still very interesting, and chapters too short. Me Bebop, since when is belonging in LW a criteria for placing it here? We can assume that Mrs. Bezier was perhaps a living wife at some point, and maybe Lupe will be Mrs P.I. before this is finished.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 4 years ago

5*, enjoying the yarn you are spinning. I hope it will end up being a long one ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thanks!

!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
please finish it

please finish the story

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXTRA KNOWLWEDGE

don't make you super smart. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

I know why this is in LW: he's pumping Ethyl!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

Quite the gumshoe story. The writing is good enough to hold faith we will understand what relationship there is to loving wives

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

Really enjoying this story so far, cheering for Lupe and the gumshoe to hook up together⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyover 2 years ago

Pretty good read, but I'm trying to figure out how they fed him soup, and tea, while he had a ventilator tube down his throat...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous