The Price is Always Right Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"James?" she asked, prodding him to answer her question. The situation was like a truth serum, but he couldn't last long enough to answer. He didn't even have time to warn Sophie before he started cumming.

"Ugh, damn, Soph," he grunted as he lost his rhythm and fired his load deep inside of her. He felt terrible as he was sure she hadn't finished, but she had pushed the talk about her and Richard, which had put him into overdrive.

They lay together, still connected afterward for several minutes. She ran her fingers through his hair while he thought about everything they had discussed.

"Do you really want him to see more of me?" she asked as they lay in the dark.

"I think I just like the talk, the idea of it," he admitted to her and was being honest. His fantasy definitely included her being with another man, but he didn't really want that. It was just a fantasy that wasn't meant to be. "Did you really show him your panties?" he asked.

"No. This body is just for you, James," she told him and snuggled against him.

"I adore you," he told her.

"I love you too," she replied.

------------------------

Sophie's second to last appointment of the day had canceled, so she had a few minutes free to get some things done in her office before Richard arrived.

She had been teasing James all day because Richard was coming into the clinic again for his customary last appointment of the day. She and James had continued to play around with the idea of her and Richard. It seemed to get James in the mood when they talked about it, even when he knew it was just talk. In reality, the last few appointments had been fine, and Richard had behaved. He hadn't made any inappropriate comments since she had spoken to him a few weeks earlier.

She was updating her calendar with a few new appointments and blocking a couple of days for personal reasons when the silence was split by a ring from her phone.

"Hey, Soph," James' voice came through the phone. She could tell he was frustrated by his tone, and it was unusual for him to call her at work because she would usually be with patients.

"What's going on?" she asked with concern.

"I went to start my car to head to the track meet, and it wouldn't start. I had to have it towed to the shop over on the corner of Centerville. I'll show you the details they gave me later, but it will take a lot of work to get it running again." He told her.

"Well, how much is it going to be?" she asked, now feeling the stress James was feeling.

"Yeah, that's the problem. Three thousand dollars was the quote they gave me," he answered her with a bit of defeat.

"Three thousand dollars?!" she answered in shock. "Can we take it somewhere else and maybe get a better price?" she asked as she looked at the calendar she had been working on. She didn't get paid for another eight days, and James wouldn't get paid again until the end of the month. Even then, it wouldn't be enough.

James sighed. "That was my first thought, so I called Johnny, who plays basketball with us sometimes, you know? He's a mechanic, so I ran it by him. He said that we might be able to find someone that could do the work for a couple hundred less, but he doubted we would get quality work for much less than the quote we got," he told her.

"We don't have that much money," Sophie said, "Plus, we're already over-extended on our credit cards." Sophie's frustration was coming through even as she tried to keep it from being obvious. James was already stressed enough without her adding to it.

She and James had done everything the way they were supposed to, and then something like this seemed to always come up. It just felt like they couldn't ever get ahead. She had thought that the extra money from her new job would finally make them feel stable. She thought they had finally turned that corner. That didn't seem to be the case between their mortgage, student loan payments, and now a substantial unexpected cost.

"I know," he said. "I could ask my brother for a loan while I try to find some after-school tutoring to try to get us over the hump." Sophie didn't like how sad his voice sounded over the phone. "I know his business isn't doing as well as it had been, but he might be able to help."

"I don't want you to worry about it, though. I'll take care of it", James continued, trying to reassure her. They had talked about it before, and she knew he felt the strain of being unable to provide for her.

"James..." she tried to make sure he heard the concern in her voice. "We're in this together, and we'll figure this out. It's just money. I'll be fine as long as I have you."

"I love you so much," he said with a note of more resolve after her reassurance. "I've got to go, but I'll see you at home in a bit."

"I love you too. Bye," she said, taking the phone from her ear. She sighed in frustration as the weight of the situation seemed to be pressing down on her. She had done her best to seem okay for James, but she didn't know what they would do.

They worked in opposite directions from where they lived. Having only one car meant carpooling, which would mean hours of extra commuting. Public transportation in their city didn't have any better options either.

She turned to leave the office and nearly walked into Richard, who must have been standing in the doorway. Sophie had been too caught up in the conversation with James and hadn't heard him approach.

"Sorry, I didn't expect you to be there," she apologized as she glanced at the clock on the wall. He's 15 minutes early. Great.

Richard gave her an odd look for a moment before answering in his typical way, "Nothing to apologize for, sweetheart. I got here a few minutes early, and the front desk told me to come on back and find you. Said you might be free to see me earlier than four."

Sophie tried to put her personal problems out of her mind and focus on the present. "Yeah, I had a couple of cancellations. Let's get started", she said, actually happy she would get out a few minutes earlier.

"How has the knee been doing lately?" She asked him.

"It's a good bit better. I haven't been dealing with the pain as much as I had before," he told her, "I have to admit it's nice to be able to walk up a set of stairs without worrying that I'll regret it later."

"That's great to hear," she said with a smile, "You just have to keep up the hard work."

She put him through several exercises while they talked about his progress and the next steps in the process.

As they were wrapping up, Richard asked her a question out of the blue, "How have you and the husband been?" She was surprised by the question. They never talked about things outside of his therapy.

"We're doing great. How does next Wednesday work for your next appointment?" she asked, trying to be brief and then to change the subject.

"I overheard your conversation on the phone. Money problems can really put a strain on a relationship," he told her. Ah, she realized. This is what he was getting at.

She thought for a moment about how to answer. "Yeah, it can," she replied. Sophie did not want to talk to the older man about her personal life and was wildly uncomfortable.

Richard held his gaze on her. A hint of the hunger she had seen in the past was in his eyes again.

"Look, I'll be real blunt with you, doll. I have a party, like a cocktail party, this weekend, where I need to impress some big-time businessmen to get some contracts. A sexy knockout of a woman like you on my arm is a big advantage in that situation," He explained, either oblivious to how uncomfortable Sophie was or he didn't care. "You see, they can get bored hearing a pitch, but they get to stare at a pretty face and a nice pair of tits, and they listen a little longer."

Sophie blushed at his reference to her breasts. No man had ever talked to her that way, certainly not James, and like the last time he commented on her butt, a part of her was flattered by the improper compliment.

"Ummm," Sophie blinked, trying to process everything he had just said. "Richard, I told you before, I'm married, and this is so inappropriate."

Richard continued, "I think we can come to an arrangement that works for both of us. If you go with me, just a few hours to this party, I'll make it worth your while," Sophie stared at him, wondering if this was a joke or if he was actually serious.

"I know what you said. You're married, but hear me out," he tried again. "I run a construction company, and we only keep the lights on if we get contracts. This party is going to have a lot of people with a lot of money. For a few hours, I'll give you $1500. Cash."

She wasn't sure what to say. Going out with the man wasn't something she would have ever considered, but it was a lot of money, and she felt desperate.

She hesitated nervously. "What exactly would I have to do?" She asked, surprising herself.

A big grin came across the man's face, clearly happy she was hearing him out more. "Like I said, you're just there to be eye candy while I make some pitches and try to drum up some business."

"What would I have to wear?" she couldn't believe she was entertaining this proposition.

"I'll be wearing a suit, so a nice dress. Anything sexy or that gives a nice view of your rack would be a bonus," he said with a laugh.

She ignored his comment, now wanting the details, "When is it? And where?"

"The party is at seven on Saturday night and should last around three hours. I'll pick you up and drop you back off at home afterward," he told her.

Sophie was thinking about it. It could be the answer to their problems. It was just a date. However, she would have to deal with being objectified by Richard and other sleazy men all night.

"I'll have to talk to my husband about it," she told him, anxious about what James would think of her for even suggesting something so scandalous.

He took a card out of his bag. "Here's my cell number. You talk to your husband and then let me know as soon as possible," he said before he turned and left the clinic without looking back at her.

Sophie looked at his business card and then put it in her purse. She started to think about how she would bring it up to James.

------------------------

Lucy stopped every few feet to smell whatever dog had been there before her as James and Sophie followed behind her patiently. They had been making small talk for the first few minutes of their walk around the neighborhood but had fallen into a comfortable silence.

Sophie finally spoke, "What did your brother say about loaning us the money?"

James sighed. They had both been stressed since his car had broken down the day before, even though he was trying to shield Soph from it as much as possible.

"He doesn't have that much to loan us right now. I think he's having some money problems, too. I'm not sure what we're going to do." He had been feeling the weight of their money situation and so far hadn't been able to find any extra tutoring jobs to help them out.

"Richard came back to the clinic yesterday," his wife said, changing the subject and letting it hang in the air.

With the car issue, James had entirely forgotten about Richard the day before. She had spent all day teasing him about how she hoped that Richard liked her underwear and things like that, but then they hadn't talked about it afterward. He felt the heat building in him.

"Did anything happen?" he asked her, excited to play along again and put the money issues out of his mind.

"He overheard us talking on the phone," she said before clarifying, "about the car." Her eyes stayed fixed on their dog as she walked.

"Wait, what?" James asked, confused. He wasn't sure where Sophie was going with this, but the car was a sore subject and precisely what he wanted to forget about.

"He asked me to go to a party with him, like a business party," Sophie said, still looking forward rather than meeting James' eyes.

James felt a rush of excitement, but his wife didn't seem to be in a playful mood. She looked more anxious than anything. Was this talk, or was she for real?

"What did you say?" her husband asked as his mouth got dry.

"I told him I was married and that it wouldn't be appropriate because he was a patient of mine," she told him before she continued very nervously, "but he told me he would give us $1500 if I went with him."

She turned and watched James' reaction as he absorbed what he had just heard. He was stunned that the man was bold enough to just straight up proposition his wife. He felt a brief flicker of anger that gave way to excitement again.

"He offered to pay you to go on a date with him? Like you're an escort?" he asked her, his mixed feelings about the situation making his head swim. "That's crazy."

"Yeah, it's crazy," she agreed flatly.

"What did you say to that?" he asked her. "Do you think he was being serious?"

"Yeah, he was definitely serious. I told him that it was inappropriate," she said, but he felt she was holding something back.

"If only that was a real option," he said with a shake of his head. His imagination took over again as he imagined her out with another man on a date. He felt a twitch in his pants at the thought.

His wife was quiet for a minute before she spoke again, her voice softer than usual, "I mean, what if I did go with him? We really need the money."

James was astounded that she would even consider it. He might find the idea appealing, but he couldn't ask that of her. "Sophie, I'll figure it out. We don't need you to go out with a random guy for money."

"James, we don't have any other way to get the money," she said, "You already said that your brother can't loan us the money. You won't be able to get enough tutoring to make a difference. It's $1500 for going to a cocktail party for a few hours right when we need it. It's almost too good to be true."

"You're really thinking about doing it?" James asked in disbelief.

"If there's another way to get the money, then no, but it doesn't feel like we have a choice," she said desperately. He took a few moments to take it all in while they continued to walk down the sidewalk. His wife was being incredibly selfless by being willing to do this, but he felt disgusted with how much it turned him on to think about.

The idea of her going out with another man should make him angry or jealous, but the lust was overwhelming all of the other emotions he had. He had to admit the money would dramatically help them too. He had tried several things but couldn't find a way to stretch their money to make it work beyond a few weeks out when their mortgage was due.

James swallowed. "If you were to do it, what are the details? How would I know you're safe?" he asked.

"It's Saturday night. He said it would be from about 7 to 10 pm. It's a cocktail party, and he thinks having a woman with him will help him get some contracts for his company," she told him.

"Well, he's probably not wrong about that," James said, still trying to wrap his head around the situation.

"I'll text you when I get there and when I leave," she said, addressing his safety concern.

"I want you to turn on the tracking for your phone, too, so I can see where you are," he added.

"Good idea," she said with a smile. "Are you okay with this?"

He thought about the question for a moment. He knew they needed the money, but that's not what he was thinking about as he considered the question. All he could picture was the man with his hands on his wife at the party like they were together.

"Yeah. I think you're right. It's too much money to pass up," he said. Guilt filled him as he left out the rest of his motivation for wanting her to go.

------------------------

The sound of heels on the hardwood floor snapped James' attention back to the present. His breath slowed as he waited for Sophie to make her way down the hall and into the sitting room on the first floor of their home. She had spent the last several hours getting ready.

It had been several days since they agreed to her going to the cocktail party with Richard. She had insisted that she needed the money upfront, which the man had agreed to.

The days leading to Saturday had been excruciatingly slow. James had barely been able to function in the meantime between the anxiety and the need to relieve himself a couple of times a day because of how horny he had been thinking about the upcoming night. He had been having trouble focusing on his classes and finally resorted to showing a movie to his classes on Friday.

He still wasn't sure if it was right for her to go out with him, but they desperately needed the money, and his fantasies about her with another man helped crush some of his doubt.

"Wow," James let out as she walked into view.

"You think it's okay?" she asked, "I wasn't sure if it was too dressy, but I don't want to be underdressed."

He had been curious about what she would pick for this kind of thing, and he tried to think of the right way to describe her. Elegant, he thought. Exactly not the type of woman who goes to dinner with a man who isn't her husband just for money. "You look great," he said earnestly.

He looked her up and down again as she gave a quick spin. She had done her hair up for the evening. She was wearing a soft pink dress that was appropriately conservative considering the situation but still made her look incredibly sexy. The dress had loose sleeves down to her wrists and a high neckline with a collar. Underneath the collar was a keyhole cutout that showed a thin sliver of skin down her chest until it reached a broad, cinched piece of fabric around her naval. Below the cinched midsection, the dress flowed loosely down to about 2 inches above her knee. This highlighted how slender her waist was compared to her chest and rear and accentuated her figure. Her nude pumps made her legs look longer and lifted her butt to make it even more enticing.

He noticed she was also wearing the bracelet he had gotten her for their last anniversary. The small sapphires added a touch of color to her otherwise neutral outfit.

James felt a little jealous that his wife was so dressed up for dinner with another man, but his desire was still easily winning out.

Sophie looked at her phone. "He's here," she said. Richard was picking her up for the evening.

She grabbed her purse and walked by James. "Are we sure about this?" she asked, pleading for final reassurance. Sophie's green eyes searched his while she waited for his answer. James swallowed and nodded.

"We need the money, and it's just a party. Keep your tracking on your phone. Call me if you need anything, and text me like we talked about," James said, reiterating what they had discussed.

She nodded, and his reassurance seemed to strengthen her resolve. "I'll be home before you know it," she said with a gentle smile. Sophie opened the door and stepped out into the night.

James waited impatiently on the couch while his wife was gone for the cocktail party. He had tried to keep himself distracted, but it was hard not to wonder about his wife and what she was doing.

She looked incredible tonight. If the man had been willing to hit on her while she was at work, he would have trouble controlling himself with how she looked tonight. James' cock was hard thinking about it.

He imagined Sophie walking through the party on the man's arm, every eye on her, wondering how he got a woman like her. He imagined the man trying his luck, being handsy while they made small talk. His hand was on her lower back and slowly trying to work its way inconspicuously down to the curve of her butt.

What would Sophie do in that situation? Considering everything, would she move away, or would she let him get away with it?

He pictured them on the dance floor together, their bodies close together. The crowd watched them, not knowing that her husband was at home. He passed the next few hours daydreaming about what his wife was doing and checking her location every few minutes.