The Priestess of the Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shhh... that will not happen mother, I swear to you, with El as my Witness, that I will find the way to take you out of this town, to better lands, I swear it," he said.

"Ok... ok, I trust you..." she mumbled and Dogannu embraced her harder.

Six months later...

Two old farmers were in their field, preparing the land to dig their wheat seeds. The men were using their tools when a huge black cloud got closer to their farm, the one dressed with a brown tunic stopped his work and watched the sky, that cloud looked supernatural; moving really faster. But he realized it sooner that wasn't a normal cloud, he heard a buzz coming from it.

"Lobsters!!" he screamed to his partner.

The cloud of lobsters was moving fast, the old farmers ran faster and rushed into the house. In Ashtaroth, thousands of people were buying or walking in the street market and slave's market when they noticed the lobsters. All of them panicked and ran like crazy, the lobsters covered the town and Dogannu and his mother were returning home from the farm; with problems they managed to skip the people in their small street and the lobster flying around them and Dogannu opened the door, Mirlya came in and then he closed the door behind him.

"Gods... please forgive our faults..." Mirlya said.

"Come on mother, it's just a lobster swarm, probably here because the winds or something else," Dogannu theorized.

"These lobsters are here because this town and its people are giving their back to the gods," Mirlya said and she kneeled in the home altar in the left corner.

"Mother... come on, stop doing that..." he insisted but Mirlya was with her eyes closed and praying to the gods and ignored her son.

The plague lasted for couple hours, about 700 people died and the few food in the market was ruined. The rest believed it was a retribution from the gods, many fanatics appeared in the days after the event, claiming to all the people to return in submission and humiliation to the gods, to find mercy from them. One of those fanatics was Edrok, son of Hatimekh, Priest of El; in no time he had thousands of followers, his speech was strong and convincing. Edrok was a tall, thin man, wearing a white tunic with a golden belt around his waist, pale skin, brown hair in a horse tail, his eyes were brown and delineated with black pigment. One day, Edrok was in the main square with a crowd of his followers and curious, giving one of his usual speeches.

"... and the gods will punish the impish people among us! We need to be loyal to the gods, worship them and to the wicked ones, reconciliation is the only way, unless you want the wrath of the gods upon yourselves!!" exclaimed Edrok to the crowd and they barked wild, in support.

Dogannu watched the fanatic from a very safe distance, Edrok wasn't like the others, he was very persuasive and member of an important family. The oracles about "the wicked one" failed in the last six months, around 39 people were sacrificed to the gods in the main square, with no results; the rain was missing and now the plague of lobsters devastated the fields and killed lots of the domestic animals used by the families to survive. Dogannu stayed there with his bag when he had enough of Edrok and walked away.

He saluted a couple men eating in front of a house, with something looking like roasted rats on their dishes, Dogannu had little nauseas and left them quickly. He left the main street and turned right to the small street, he saw the two-floor houses and his mother sitting in front of the door with an astral table on her legs, reading the signs of the sky.

"Hello mother," Dogannu said.

"Oh hi, I'm reading the signs of the sky, Priestess Diamnith told me that with the rise of Edrok, the good times will return," Mirlya said and gave him space so he could sat with her.

"Mother... do you really think that's possible?" he asked and sat down.

"Yes of course son, finally everything is going to be like before..." Mirlya said happy.

"Yeah, I guess..." he mumbled without paying attention at all.

"What's wrong? You look worried," she asked him.

"I think I found the way to leave this town," Dogannu answered and Mirlya's gaze was completely shocked.

"What do you mean?"

"I spoke with some sea merchants, one of them is willing to give me a job in his ship, so you can come with me as well," he explained and she moved her head in disapproval.

"No, no, Dogannu, listen to me. We must stay here, we must obey the will of the gods," Mirlya said.

"Mother, there's no future in this town..." Dogannu said.

"Don't dare to leave me alone here," Mirlya replied.

"I'm not leaving you behind, you will come with me," he said.

"You better listen carefully Dogannu. As your mother, you will do my will, and the will of the gods; second, as a Priestess of Sun, you must obey me," Mirlya said with authority.

"I don't have any intentions to stay in this town, and you will not stop me..." Dogannu answered.

"I know I won't stop you, but the gods will," Mirlya concluded and stood up, leaving Dogannu alone.

Mirlya prepared some food, mother and son ate without saying a word and avoiding to look to each other. Both were thinking in silence, Dogannu knew it was time to leave Ashtaroth and Mirlya was trying to find a way to keep her son with her... no matter what. They finished their food and Mirlya went back to her astral table, and Dogannu sat in the backyard and watched the sky. Meanwhile, in the High Priest house, Edrok was walking in circles in the main room, his father the Priest Hatimekh was laying down in an egyptian divan, decorated with ivory incrustations.

"My son, you should calm down. The gods are showing you their benevolence," Priest Hatimekh said, Edrok stopped moving and replied, "My beloved father, I can't rest my soul when our town is perishing now. We haven't caught The Wicked One, even so many sacrifices were made, the oracles are blind," and he walked again in circles.

Priest Hatimekh sighed and sat in the divan, and after thinking seriously he stood. Hatimekh was a man of 56 years old, long grey hair, long grey beard and wearing a white tunic with a golden pectoral. Edrok had an insane look in his face, and he talked again.

"Father, if it's the will of the gods, I will find The Wicked One and I will sacrifice him myself,"

"Be patient, Edrok. You need to consult the gods, so you can find the right person and remove the curse of our town," Priest Hatimekh advised.

"Delight of my eyes, send your servants to the oracles of Sun, Baal, Dagan and Ashtoreth. They must be here helping us," Edrok said and a crazy smile appeared in his face.

"You are very convinced of this... the will of the gods is, follow their direction and you will complete their task. El is showing you the path, my son," Priest Hatimekh said and Edrok kneeled down and kissed his father's right hand and stood up.

A few hours later, the front door of Mirlya's house was opened it quietly. A tall figure, covered by a black tunic with a veil came out and closed the door carefully. The person walked very fast and reached the main street, and turned left, in direction to the main square; moving in the shadows to avoid being watched. After walking for some minutes, the unknown figure was outside Priest Hatimekh's home and knocked the door; Edrok opened the door and saw the mysterious person with interest.

"Mmm... I guess the question is, who are you? he said with a smiley gaze.

"I need to see Priest Hatimekh," the anonymous person said.

"But, who are you?" he repeated again with an inquisitive look.

The mysterious figure took off the hood, revealing it was Mirlya. Edrok smiled even more before speaking.

"Priestess Mirlya, what are you doing outside? Is very late..." Edrok said.

"I need to see your father. It's very important," Mirlya said.

"Okay..." he said with emphasis.

"May I come in?" she asked.

"Of course! How stupid I am, sure, come in. Gods, apologize my impoliteness," Edrok said and let Mirlya come in.

Edrok guided Mirlya inside, it was a small corridor and then they entered the Altar Chamber, there were several altars in honor of the different gods. They left that room and went into the Main Room, Priest Hatimekh was resting in his egyptian divan, with some people around him with their eyes closed, the oracles Edrok wanted. He kneeled in front of his father and Mirlya did the same, both stood up and Edrok introduced her.

"Beloved father, she is Priestess Mirlya, she has something important to tell you,"

"Welcome, Priestess Mirlya," Priest Hatimekh said.

"I apologize with you, Priest Hatimekh, I know is very late, but this is important," Mirlya said and Priest Hatimekh sat.

"The gods speak in any moment, so feel free, woman," he said.

"What I'm going to say, is related to my son, Dogannu..." she mumbled.

"Go on, I'm listening," Priest Hatimekh replied.

Mirlya breathed deeply before speaking again.

"Six months ago, my husband, Hanoth philistine; disappeared. But that is not true... my son Dogannu... murdered him..." Mirlya said.

"Why are you so sure about this?" Priest Hatimekh asked.

"Because... because I saw him..." she whispered.

"In cold blood?" the Priest asked.

"Yes..." Mirlya answered after a few seconds in silence.

Priest Hatimekh looked her carefully, and closed his eyes. Edrok whistled while playing with his fingers; the old man finally opened his eyes and looked Mirlya again, and sighed.

"Why you never told anyone about this?" Priest Hatimekh asked.

"He forced me to keep the secret or..." Mirlya said before she stayed quiet.

"Its fine, woman, you are safe now. Edrok, take some men with you, and bring him here," Priest Hatimekh said.

Edrok made a reverence and left the room. Priest Hatimekh talked to the oracles and they kept talking with the gods, trying to find the wicked one. Mirlya sighed, worried for her son and the consequences; but she was doing it to keep him next to her and fulfill the will of the gods, she thought. She waited in silence, while the oracles were whispering from time to time, consulting the gods, Priest Hatimekh was resting on his divan; eating a fresh pear.

Long time passed and they heard a bump from the door, and Edrok appeared leading his father's men that were carrying Dogannu with them. He had a bleeding cut in his left cheek, Dogannu looked his mother next to Priest Hatimekh and he lowered down his head, upset. The High Priest stood up and congratulated his son, Edrok smiled pleased and walked to the corner.

"So, is it true? Did you killed Hanoth philistine in cold blood?" Priest Hatimekh asked.

Dogannu remained in silence and didn't looked the High Priest to the eyes. Again, Priest Hatimekh requested him and got the same, one of his men punched Dogannu in the face but the Priest raised a hand, the man held himself so the Priest got closer to Dogannu.

"I want to know, did you killed Hanoth philistine, in cold blood? Hatimekh repeated.

Dogannu looked Priest Hatimekh to the eyes and spitting in the floor, he answered, "Yes... I did it, he was ready to kill my mother... and me...". The Priest checked him carefully, Edrok laughed in the corner, "Mmm... convenient..." he said. But his father ignored him and looking Mirlya, then he looked Dogannu and affirmed, "Your mother said that you killed him, and you threaten her, so she kept your secret. I don't believe you, at the moment. Prove me you are telling me the truth,"

The young man coughed, and laughed in pain, before replying to Priest Hatimekh, "El is my Witness, if you are a real priest, ask him..."

"How dare you! Father, he is insulting you, and insulting god El!" exclaimed Edrok, indignant.

"Calm down, Edrok. No need to scream," Priest Hatimekh said.

Hatimekh got more closer and slapped Dogannu's face. The High Priest walked to his divan, and grabbed his golden ring, in that moment he stepped out, Dagan's oracle opened his eyes and noticed Dogannu's presence. The deformed prophet (bald, and many burn scars) opened wide his eyes and pointed Dogannu with his right hand and shouted, his voice was guttural and scared the shit out of Dogannu.

"It's him, HE IS The Wicked One!!" and coughed lots of times.

Edrok's eyes were about to come out of his face, he had a wild and crazy look. Priest Hatimekh was froze in his divan and Mirlya opened her mouth, terrified. The old man, after the initial schock, recovered the composure and returned to his place in front of Dogannu, "Boy... there's no way you can get away of this..." the High Priest said and he turned around and talked to Dagan's oracle, "Are you completely sure?" he asked.

"Yes... Dagan revealed it to me, he is the cause of the disgraces of this town. Not only he has insulted the gods, but he killed in cold blood his stepfather, and he was planning to escape!" Dagan's oracle rasped and Mirlya began to cry.

"He must be sacrificed!!" Edrok screamed excited. Priest Hatimekh cleared his throat.

"With the divine authority given by god El, you Dogannu, you will be sacrificed for the good of Ashtaroth, so the wrath of the gods can be satisfied in you, and our curse, finally removed," Priest Hatimekh dictated and waving his hands, his men took Dogannu away to put him in the dungeon.

Mirlya was crying, devastated. She wasn't expecting that, she only wanted her son with her, she felt guilty and dizzy. Edrok left the room, singing loud a holy anthem, while High Priest came close to her and grabbed one of her hands, he kneeled and embraced her, however; there was nothing to comfort her in that moment.

"Priestess... you did what it's correct to the eyes of the gods," Priest Hatimekh said.

She looked him and cried, Mirlya rested her face over Hatimekh's pectoral, "You know very well this has to be done, this is what the gods demand. We cannot proceed against the law of the gods," he explained.

The priestess cried for a long time, until she calmed down and looked the High Priest to the eyes, "I know... you are right... it has to be do-done..." Mirlya said. Hatimekh stood up and called one of his servants, she attended Mirlya and offered her some water to drink, when she felt good enough to walk, she left the house.

On the other hand, the Priest's men put Dogannu in a cold and dark cell. His hands were tied together, just like his feet; there was no way to get away. He remained in silence, just crying for his disgrace; now he was the victim of the gods, Dogannu never felt so lonely like he felt that night. He cried until he had no tears, he wondered if death was painful or desirable, he remembered many things, most of them about his beloved father. His life, he thought, was a chain of mistakes and disgraces, to his sadness; his own mother was part of that chain. Alone in that cell, abandoned by everyone, betrayed by his mother, he thought the gods were watching his suffering and cursed them for being so cruel.

At the same time Dogannu was in his cell, the High Priest Hatimekh was meeting with the other priests of the town. Edrok was also with them, and they were discussing the further actions to follow. The High Priest's son was in favor to sacrifice Dogannu in the early morning, without wasting time. Diamnith was in favor to do a public humiliation first, and then sacrifice him at high noon, Pellek-garok, Priest of Baal, preferred to wait a few days, to choose the best way to sacrifice Dogannu, following the will of the gods. With so many points of view to make the sacrifice, Hatimekh stood up and all of them shut up.

"At least we have something in common, the idea of sacrifice him. Regardless, as my son Edrok said, we must finish this curse immediately so Ashtaroth can be saved. I vote to sacrifice The Wicked One in the morning, with all the ceremony dictated by the gods," Priest Hatimekh said.

"High Priest, this man fooled us for long time. People should know who betrayed the gods and humiliate him for that, because of his impish behavior, many lives were lost since the wrath of the gods came upon Ashtaroth," Diamnith argued.

"You disgusted me, who cares for the dead ones..." Edrok said to Diamnith and his father reacted.

"Edrok! Show more respect to a priestess," Hatimekh reprimanded him, "Do you have anything to say, Pellek-garok?" he continued.

"I guess somehow, Priestess Diamnith is right. We must humiliate him for such impish betrayal," Pellek-garok said and then added, "And of course, sacrifice him after that,". Edrok smiled when he heard that.

"So I think this is the will of the gods. We will humiliate the wicked one first and then, we will proceed with the sacrifice, to satisfy the wrath of the..." Priest Hatimekh said when some footsteps interrupted him.

It was a young, hot, curvy woman. She was dressed with a black tunic, and a golden collar on her chest, white skin, very white but beautiful. Her eyes were grey and her hair, short (up to her neck) and black. Hatimekh recognized the symbol of Ashtoreth and knew she was a priestess of the goddess. But he also knew that the Main Priest was a man, not a woman, which intrigued him.

"I apologize for being late, my name is Aalyat, daughter of Main Priest Kebok, Priest of goddess Ashtoreth," she said.

"Welcome, Aalyat. I wonder, why are you here and not your father, the Main Priest?" Priest Hatimekh asked.

"My father, the Priest Kebok, is sick at the moment. I had a revelation from goddess Ashtoreth, I know what we have to do with The Wicked One," Aalyat explained.

Edrok gazed at her with lust, animal lust, and said with a kinky voice, "We will sacrifice him, of course," and he licked his lips. Aalyat's face was without expression, nor disagree or satisfied by Edrok's behavior.

"What did Ashtoreth said?" Pellek-garok asked.

"Ashtoreth wants him to suffer, big pain, to teach him respect to the gods," Aalyat revealed. Edrok laughed with her comment and she got closer to him, "Do you think am I funny? she asked. He licked his lips, excited with the curvy young girl and answered with sarcastic tone, "Oh yes, how do you plan to do this, my goddess?"

"You will see it," Aalyat answered and she grabbed firmly with one hand Edrok's cock and balls. He sighed in pleasure first, but when she increased her strength he yelled in pain, "Now, you better don't insult goddess Ashtoreth and her will..." she whispered in his ear, "Shit... stop it..." he begged and with a last pull, she let him go. Edrok massaged his friend and moved far away from Aalyat, she smiled.

"I think my son's doubts are fair. How do you plan to do this?" Priest Hatimekh asked.

"Leave everything to me, Priest Hatimekh," Aalyat said and then she looked Priestess Diamnith, "I hope I can count with your help. I could need some of your priestesses to assist me, the gods will reward you," the young girl said.

"Of course, Priestess Aalyat. If that's Ashtoreth's will, I can't refuse..." Diamnith replied and Aalyat smiled again.

"Well, then everything is in order now. Where's The Wicked One? Aalyat asked.

"He is in my prison, he won't escape," Priest Hatimekh informed her, "I know he won't..." she said with a nasty smile and she left them, walking slowly and sensually. "By the way, I almost forgot it, treat him well until you bring him to me, feed him and shower him properly. I don't want he passes out during our lesson..." and left them fascinated with her words.

Dogannu woke up in a dirty dungeon, his hands and feet were tied, he felt all his muscles cramped and his body with little cold. He tried to sit down but it was impossible, so he stayed with his face in the dirty floor, powerless. How much time passed, he wasn't sure, but he couldn't move; he was firmly tied. "Fuck you gods, I curse your names for the eternity..." he said and a solitaire tear slid down his cheek. Dogannu made an attempt to break the ropes securing his hands, in vain, he gave up after several tries and remained motionless.