The Promise Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Horror filled Rob's life at that moment. A blank look settled on his countenance. He had thought no further ahead than to come back that afternoon to see Christine, and to see what happened then.

"Well?"

"I don't know. Maybe I am."

"God, this gets better and better." She laughed a little, and then she said, "It's a bit early but I need a drink to think about that. Hey? Your wife? What have you told her?"

"You mean about what happened last night?"

Christine nodded firmly.

"I haven't told her anything."

He's left the door open, she thought. Immediately, she was viewing all this with new purpose. It wasn't clear yet, but somewhere in all this, lay possibilities that might open up a better future. Christine's mind was not much given to analysis, but her instincts seemed to work well and they were now telling her there might be more to play for, telling her to bide her time and see what developed.

She always knew she could take Rob if she wanted to. It was an entertaining challenge to nail a man half her age, and part those bitches Linda and Ellen from their mascot—that would be a real joy. Short of announcing it publicly in words through a loud-hailer, she was going to make sure that they got it, those old maids and their dopey sidekick.

They went through to the poky kitchen and she started to mix drinks. They sipped them without pleasantries as they decanted into the living room, there to sit on the couch again. They were sitting at each end of it, tilted towards one another as if they were in an interview on TV.

"Well? Tell me why I'm going to have an affair with you."

"I don't know." Rob was momentarily lost for words. "But why... why would you do what you did if you didn't want me?"

"Why? I did want you—for fun. For a laugh. I've been quite fond of you Rob. You had a little bit of a crush on me. I thought you deserved a sort of extra leaving present, a night with the woman you've been making eyes at for the last year. We're both adults. Although you were spectacularly slow to take a hint, I thought it was quite a light hearted moment, no big deal. I thought when you moved on, you'd maybe think back fondly to it, with a twinkle in your eye. Now what?"

"I've got to have you!" He blurted this out in such a passion that she was momentarily at a loss for a considered response.

"Listen, I hate to cut you off in your prime, but I borrowed a tenner off somebody across the way, and I know, it being Saturday afternoon, they won't be happy if they don't get it back. I was just about to do that when you showed up. I won't be long. The gin's over there if you get bored."

**********

Christine threw on her clothes and a jacket. Then she went down the street to the telephone box and made a call.

"Sam? It's Christine," she began. "Something's come up and I need a big favour if you're free for the next couple of hours. I'll have you to dinner tomorrow as reward. Have you got a pen and paper?"

**********

Continues in The Promise Pt. 03