The Proposal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A date..." I spluttered.

"Yeah, I met a girl, and we're going out for drinks."

"A girl, yeah, okay then. Have fun I suppose."

"Max, it's nothing serious. I mean we haven't made commitments or promises."

"No, fair enough. Enjoy your date."

"Aw shit, don't be like that. I hoped you would be different to the other jealous insecure pricks."

"Hey, I'm cool. Enjoy your date. I'll catch up with the boys."

She grimaced, "Sorry babe, it's not serious or nothing."

That night I stayed home, I didn't feel like company. I felt like shit. Bea was the first person I really felt could be something special. I did like her, maybe more than liked. She slid her deadly dagger up into my ribs and seemed confused that it hurt.

Well fuck that.

Bea called me the next day, just before lunch. "Hey Maxy, do you wanna catch up for lunch somewhere? My shout."

"Na, sorry Bea, I'm heading out with the boys. We're going fishing."

She couldn't mask her disappointment. "Okay, what about later, we could catch up for drinks?"

"Nah, we'll probably just have some drinks down the pub."

"Well, I could meet you there."

"No, not tonight Bea. It'll be a boy's day out."

"Is this because of last night?"

"No Bea, I'm just busy okay."

"Yeah right, no worries, guess I'll catch up with Cam again then."

"Suit yourself. Have fun."

I wasn't meeting the boys, I just didn't know how to deal with her. I did feel jealous, and let down. How the fuck could she date somebody else while dating me?

Yeah, don't worry, the irony wasn't lost on me. I had been dating several women at the same time, so yes, colour me hypocrite red. Still, it fucking hurt, and it brought back all the old unresolved pain from Franki.

Monday was difficult at work. I went out of my way to stay clear of her. When she wanted something moved, I waited until she was busy. I didn't sit with her in the cafeteria, usually we sat together, enjoying jokes and chatter. When I walked in, she was seated at what had become our table.

I went and sat with the boys, enduring the continuous flow of daggers stabbing me remorselessly in the back.

Monday turned into Wednesday, which turned into Friday and we still hadn't talked. We all went out for our Friday night drinks, Bea tagging along. I did my best to stay out of her way, but as the drinks flowed, and she was in my circle laughing with the rest of us. She was impossible to avoid.

The numbers thinned out and I decided to head home. I said my goodbyes and headed outside. The fresh night air smacked me hard, waking me from my inebriation. "Do you want a ride home?" Bea's voice asked softly from behind me.

"No thanks Bea, I can get a taxi."

"Max, I want to talk. What happened, one day we were good, and the next day. You won't even acknowledge my existence."

"Look Bea, I like you. I like you a lot. I guess I'm a hypocrite, because I can't stand the thought of you being with somebody else. Call me jealous, or stupid, I don't care. I just can't live like that."

Her arm slipped through mine, her body pressing against my side. "Max, we never made any promises. I thought you were cool with it. We did talk about it."

"Yeah we did, turns out I'm not as cool as I thought I was."

She sighed. "I'm sorry, If I knew, I would never have gone out with Cameron."

"Cameron... I thought you were with a girl?"

"I was dummy, Cam is a girls name as well. I'm sorry I hurt you. Can we start again?"

"I don't know that we can. You obviously have needs, or urges that I can't fill. You know, wrong equipment."

"Bloody hell Max, I don't have bloody urges, or any shit. I just didn't think it was an issue. If we were committed, then I wouldn't have accepted her invitation."

She pulled my face around and we kissed, a gentle grazing lip caressing kiss. Her eyes closed as did mine and we sank into the embracing eroticism.

"Get a fucking room you two."

Martin snapped comically as he walked past. "You'll get fucking arrested for carrying on like that in public. Go on, fuck off home."

"You're just jealous." Bea blasted back. Just because the only sex you'll be having is with Miss Palmer and her five Daughters."

I laughed riotously as Martin grumbled. "Fuck you bitch."

"He certainly will be, you can dream about it while you wank."

Martin chuckled good naturedly. "Yeah, I might just do that. You'd better be good."

"Oh, I'm good all right, in fact I'm better than good."

Martin rolled away in the back of a taxi, and Bea said. "Well, are we going to your place or mine?"

"Mine." I moaned into her mouth, her tongue inquisitively questioning mine.

The lovemaking was frantic, urgent. Much less foreplay, and much more fucking.

Afterwards, the hot humid Auckland night air swirled over us, as we lay spread naked across the bed.

"Wow, that was different." Bea, panted.

"Sorry, it's been a few days."

"Oh sweetie, I wasn't complaining. It was wonderful."

As we basked in the warm afterglow I asked nervously. "Okay, why did you go on the date if you don't have urges, or needs that I don't meet."

She gave me a searching glance. "Don't take this the wrong way Max. Sexually, you and me are perfect, but there are things that you can never fill. You are warm and caring, probably the nicest guy I ever met, but sometimes, I just need to be around a woman. We understand things differently."

"So you're saying your date with Cam wasn't sexual?"

She stared at me with a questioning intent. "No, I never said that. I hooked up with Cam, because she's nice. We talked over a few days, nothing special, just chatting, and when she invited me out. I went. I like her, she's very nice."

"But you said it wasn't sexual."

"It didn't start that way, but we had fun and ended up in bed together. Sorry. That's just the way it went down."

"So, if we were to continue dating, you would expect that freedom?"

"Yes, I suppose so, but you have the same freedoms. It's not just about me you know."

"But I don't want to date anybody else."

"What are you saying?"

"I don't know Bea, perhaps in future, don't tell me when you're going out with somebody else."

"Shit, that won't work, I want us to be honest, be able to talk openly, explain what's going on. Hiding from shit never works."

"Then perhaps we should go our separate ways, because I like you. I would like to preserve our friendship."

"Max, it's just the occasional date. I don't know what to say."

We snuggled together, our sticky bodies glued together.

The morning was a little awkward, but we went down to the park to feed the ducks and walk.

"So what happens Max?"

"Why don't we try to be just friends, I guess I'm looking for more than an occasional hook up. I like you Bea, maybe a lot more than you like me, maybe that's why we can't do this."

She looked shocked. "Max, I never knew, I mean I do like you, a lot actually."

"Then friendship it is. I don't want to end up bitter ex's, I have one of those already."

She giggled, grabbing my hand, raising it to her mouth and kissing it. "We can try, but to be honest, I'm not sure I will ever be satisfied as just friends."

"We could be friends with benefits?" I joked half heartedly expecting her to say okay.

"Like fuck, sorry Maxy, but if you don't want all of me. You can't have any."

"Then friends it is."

We tried to be friends, awkward doesn't do it justice. We were clumsy around each other, never knowing what to say. So we sort of drifted apart. We still worked together, we were still part of the social group, we just kept our distance. I hated it. I missed her.

Was it possible, I would lose two women to the forces of feminism.

It sort of came to a head after Friday night drinks. Bea got pretty wasted, and left early. I got my usual taxi home and was chilling with a beer, when there was a tremendous pounding on my front door.

When I flung it open, Bea staggered in. She threw her arms around me, and before I could fight her off. Her mouth sucked greedily on my lips. Her tongue foraged in my mouth. It was fast and ferocious. Her arms crushing my neck as she held on tight.

"What the hell Bea." I spluttered.

"I hate you Max, I hate being without you."

Her lips crushed against me again. The kiss seared, emotions boiled.

"I can't do that Bea. I can't do half a relationship."

"I don't want half. I missed you. I hate not being able to talk to you. I miss waking in your arms. I miss falling asleep staring into your eyes. I want in, I want everything."

"There can be no others Bea."

"I know that Maxy. I don't care. All I want is you."

It was the start of a great phase in my life. Bea moved in and we became an official couple. The only problem was the money. I still had the two hundred thousand in my bank. I never could bring myself to give it away.

One lazy Sunday found us lazing around the flat. Bea found some old photos from my wedding to Franki. I watched as she sorted through them slowly. Turning each page slowly.

"Wow, your ex was pretty hot."

"She was attractive, yes."

"Why did you break up, you never told me."

Lie, or tell the truth, I decided on half and half. "She cheated on me while we were in Raro."

Shit, what a bitch. Did you catch her out?"

"No, it wasn't that simple."

"Well tell me."

"No, it's a sore point for me. Her memory doesn't fill me with joy. I hated her after she fucked me over."

The day our divorce settlement arrived in the mail, I had my own little celebration. A few quiet solitary drinks.

When Bea saw the papers on the table she said. "So, you are officially single."

"Yep, free and easy."

"You are not free Max, you are mine."

I kissed her lightly replying. "Yes, and proud of it."

Things soured a little with the news one of Bea's best friends was marrying, and Bea was to be a bridesmaid. Excited does not describe her elation. There were many parties, and lots of planning meetings. As the wedding drew near. The bridal party decided to go out and get the full works. They elected one of the up market salons in the City centre.

After work, they all grouped together and trekked into the salon.

I had to cook my own dinner. I was on my third beer when Bea walked in. She looked a little tipsy, as she strode in. "Hey Maxy, I'm home."

"Had a few wines aye?"

She giggled drunkenly. "Just the odd one or three babe."

She plopped down beside me, and I noticed her makeup, and hair styling. "Wow, very pretty. You look incredible Bea."

"You'll never guess who I met today."

"You're right, I won't."

"I met your ex, Franki."

"What, where?"

"We went to her salon. I didn't know, and if I hadn't seen the photos the other day, I would never have known."

I didn't say anything for a few minutes. I wondered what happened. "Did you tell her about us?"

"I sure did, I made a bit of a fool of myself. I rebuked her for cheating on you. Imagine my surprise when she said she never cheated, you knew all about it. Why did you lie to me Max?"

"I didn't lie. I don't know what she told you, but I will say it again. She cheated."

"Did you know she was leaving with Kathleen?"

"Yes, but I didn't agree. I asked her not to go. I told her I wanted her to stay. She made up her own mind and went ahead. So I left."

"Shit Maxy, she is a beautiful woman. I mean really beautiful."

"Yeah, so what. Her beauty only runs skin deep."

"I don't think so Max. I liked her. She told me everything. Why did you give away the money?"

"Because I didn't want any of that sluts money. You don't get it Bea, but Kathleen is a real class A bitch. She destroyed my marriage. Took everything that was important to me."

"That's not how Franki tells it."

"She has her own take. She would try to paint herself as a hero. I paint her as a villain."

The morning of the wedding, Bea vanished with the rest of the bridal party. They were taking the day to prepare and get ready. I congregated at the church waiting for their arrival. They all looked spectacular in their finery and purple dresses. The bride looked amazing. A great day all in all.

It was at the reception later as Bea and I danced cheek to cheek, that I commented on how pretty she looked.

"We went back to your ex's salon. She did a beautiful job, and she did it for free. She really is a nice woman."

I didn't reply, we just scooted around the floor, our bodies melded together.

"She asked me to pass on her best wishes. She asked a lot about you. She wanted to know everything. I told her I would say hi from her."

She gave me a deep time stopping kiss. "That was from her."

After the wedding, Bea changed a little, not in a bad way, but she asked a lot of questions about my marriage and about my relationship with Franki, especially about our split.

I sensed a nervousness, an apprehensiveness in our conversations. I tried to be honest, but telling your current partner how much you loved your previous one, didn't seem right.

There was another wound opening, and it took me by surprise. As you always do in relationships, you talk about the future, goals, ambitions. Bea seemed completely blown away when I said so long as we could buy a house and settle down, have a family. Those were my drivers.

"You don't mean to tell me you'll be happy driving a bloody forklift for the rest of your life?" She grumbled.

"I am happy at the moment, if that changes, then I guess I will look for another job."

"Max, you make little more than the minimum wage, you can't tell me you're happy with that?"

"What, you think because I don't want to be a millionaire, that I'm some how worth less?"

"No, that's not what I meant. I just can't believe you are happy with that. You complain about management as much as the rest of us. Wouldn't you be happier if you were your own boss?"

"I suppose." I muttered softly. "But I'm not good at much else. I didn't even get school cert. I have no qualifications. What would I do?"

She gave me a warm enveloping hug. "What do you like doing? What are your favourite things in the world?"

That simple question stopped me in my tracks, okay, we were lying in bed, and talking, but a sense of uncomfortable unease settled over me. I realised, I couldn't answer her.

I had hobbies, or pastimes I liked, but fishing was hardly something I would like to do every day. I didn't paint, or take photos. I didn't play an instrument, I hated writing. She opened up a hole in my psyche with that one single question. "What did I want to do with my life?"

"Well what do you want?" I asked. "Seeing as how you get paid less than me, what is your lofty goal?"

"Simple, I want to start my own business. I want to be in control of my destiny, not dependant on some other arsehole for my paycheck."

"Yeah, but what business?"

I watched as her body changed, she took on this rosy glow that somehow brightened her, she was excited, and joyful. "You're going to think I'm crazy, but I want to start my own import slash retail business."

"There are hundreds of them already."

"I know." Her look deepened, the excitement apparent. "When I finished Uni, I went backpacking around Asia with a group of girlfriends, and found all these wonderful things. I brought tons, and when I got back to NZ, I set up a little market stall at Takapuna, on Sundays and sold the stuff. I made a real killing. Everybody said I had an eye for design and decorating."

"What made you stop, if you made so much, why didn't you keep growing it?"

Just like that her demeanour changed, her brows hooded over in an evil arch. Her face became crinkled by the fierce grimace. "I met Carol, and she fucked me."

"Carol?"

"Yes, we met at the market. She was beautiful, charming and sexy as fuck. She was in my panties so fast, I didn't even know. We became lovers, she moved in with me, and I was so in love, I didn't realise. She just bled me dry, and when I had nothing left, that's what she did. Left."

"Jesus Bea, I'm sorry."

"No, it's cool. She's gone and I learned something. It was meant to be. So now I save my money so I can do that. I want my own business."

"Do you still have all the contacts you made in Asia?"

Giving me a confused quizzical expression, she murmured. "Yes, why?"

"Well, if that's what you Want, I have some money saved. If you want, you could use it to start again?"

Her angry face dissolved into the warm caring one I was familiar with. "God you are a beautiful person Max. I couldn't take your money, I like you a lot, and I love living with you, but what if the money caused issues with us? What if we break up, like you and Franki. I know you loved her, and walked away. What if that happens to us?"

"That's a risk I'm prepared to take. I know this is early, and we haven't said it, but I love you, I want you to realise your dreams. I'll take a chance on us."

She grabbed me, and kissed me, not one of those kind thank you kisses, this was powerful. She grabbed my head between both hands, in a crushing death grip, and her tongue drove mercilessly into my mouth.

Not so much a dance as a raiding war party searching for prisoners. Her mouth devoured me, her succulent juicy lips feasted on mine, like a feeding tiger.

The kiss grew, my blood pressure soared as her clothes flew off, and my hands found her naked breasts, her gorgeous boobies filling my hands as I mashed and mauled them. Her diamond pointed nipples cutting bare my palms.

My cock disappearing into her slushy gooey pit.

Her sex sucking me in gripping me tight as she writhed, jerked and thrashed furiously beneath me. "Fuck me, do it, fuck me hard. I want to feel your cum exploding inside me."

This was one difference between Franki and Bea, Bea loved to get verbal, screaming and moaning, urging and encouraging. I loved it. Hearing her words melting in my ears, love, passion. God it was fucking amazing.

In many ways they were alike, both driven and ambitious, but so different, in so many ways.

It was later, much later, after we recovered. She snuggled up beside me, her sticky body sliding against mine.

"Are you serious Max, I mean, I don't expect it. I never want you to think this is about money?"

"How much do you need?"

"Well, if you helped me at the markets, we could do it together. I reckon, I could do it for five grand."

That would get you stock, and equipment?"

"It would get us started. If it worked we could reinvest that in new stock and grow it."

"What if I gave you ten grand, and I helped you?"

I felt her jubilation, her excitement. Her body wriggled sexily. "It would have to be a loan Max, I don't want your money."

"You asked me earlier what I wanted to do with my life. What if this became our business, rather than yours, with me helping. What if we become business partners, fifty fifty."

"But I don't have any money to put in. Shit babe, I'm skint."

"Yeah, but you bring the contacts, and the experience. You know what we need. All I bring is some muscles and cash. Fifty fifty, and regardless of what happens to you and me, the business is ours, until one of us can buy the other out."

She kissed me passionately. "Deal. But, I'm gonna be the boss."

"You better be nice to me then, because I'm going to be the CFO... Be mean to mean, and I'll cut your funding."

"Yeah, well you better be nice to me." She replied, "Or I'll fire your arse."

That's how we got started. I purchased all the folding tables, the gazebo, and a small covered trailer. Bea got to work on purchasing all the stock. She went through all her old contacts and the stuff started to arrive, box after box soon flooded our little one bedroom flat. We didn't even have a spare bedroom to stack stuff in.

It meant me hiring a storage unit to keep it all in.

A month later we were prepared for our first market. We got up at six on Sunday morning to go to the market and wait in line until we were given a spot. We set up, or at least Bea started barking orders and I did what I was told. We soon had stuff laid out, and the customers rolled in.

1...34567...10