All Comments on 'The Punishment'

by IncorrigibleMissV

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
LizKehrerLizKehreralmost 11 years ago
Excellent.

Your words drew me into the story and I felt as if I was her. You have a real talent here. Please keep going with it!

mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 11 years ago
A really fine piece of work

Thank you for sharing this, your first offering, with us, IncorrigibleMissV, and may I take the opportunity of welcoming you to Literotica. This was an extremely well-crafted story and I hope there will be more of it to come. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
loved it!

Felt like you read my mind

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
If he cared for her

If he cared for her he would have made sure she had some water and food after the punishment and not just left her all that time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Please help me understand…

How is punishing her in anger not abuse? Creepy.

To each their own - and every kink has its lid - so I guess an abusive, damaged, bully of a man has found the proper pot that's equally damaged. Her not escaping her past - the relationship with him would be emblematic of that - not the email.

Well written cautionary tale. Praying for all women caught in such a relationship - that they find themselves and with it, the courage to leave.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
nice

This was a great story. Much love

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
To borrow a bit...

from a previously successful lit story -- never will I ever understand this kind of sacrifice for an orgasm. The story's well-written, but without so much as an ounce of feeling. And never would I ever give up so much for so little. Too much for me, but I give you a 4. Take care...and wish you well. Feel free to take this comment down...as so many authors do.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 11 years ago
Started to read . . . had to stop

Abuse. Abuse. Abuse.

An ex emails her and he punishes her? Abuse.

Hitting her for accidentally cutting him when he makes her shave him? Abuse.

Touching him in anyway is a privilege? Abuse.

Completely absent dialogue/two-way communication? Abuse.

Starving her? Abuse.

No indication of regard for her feelings whatsoever? Abuse

If you're going to write about such an unhealthy relationship, please put it in non-con, not BDSM.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hmmmmm

The writing is very good but I would have to agree with others that the content leans more towards an abusive relationship than true BDSM.

IncorrigibleMissVIncorrigibleMissValmost 11 years agoAuthor
Author's response...

Thank you for the comments--both positive and negative--about my work. This story is a piece of fiction about two consenting adults engaging in a Dominant/submissive relationship. Just as in vanilla pairings, no two couples are going to behave and treat their connection in the exact same way as any others. Dominants sometimes make mistakes--such as punishing out of anger instead of waiting for their emotions to cool down. They are human beings, just like any other man who makes mistakes in his relationship. The key is understanding and forgiveness from both parties, which takes place here. The female character in this story is a very loyal and devoted submissive/slave who cares deeply for her Master and wants to please him. She accepts her role in this relationship freely and with complete understanding of what it entails. I understand completely that this kind of relationship is not everyone's cup of tea, but it does not make it an abusive situation.

In regards to the comments about him "starving" her--she is in her own house during the entire story line and at any time when he was not present could have chosen to get up and feed herself. He did not at any time in this story forbid her to eat or drink. She is wrapped up in her thoughts and emotions during this time and chose, unconsciously, not to feel hunger or thirst during this time. Have you never gotten wrapped up in your thoughts or in a particular situation and basically forgotten to eat until either someone reminded you or the hunger got so overwhelming that it overpowered the rest?

I debated over whether to respond to these negative comments, as I do not feel as a writer that I should be forced to justify my story to anyone. However, with all the recent and ongoing backlash about BDSM being abusive, I felt the need to address what was said. I do have plans to continue and expand upon these characters and this story, which would include many other aspects of their relationship, likely both good and bad. Thank you for reading. ~MissV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
There is a difference

Hello,

I am sorry for the writer having to answer to such comments that the others posted, but I believe that a backstory should of been added, to make it obvious that it isn't abuse, which is under inspection not hard to see that it isn't.

To the other commenters: The form of bdsm practiced in this is different then "usual", and is based off of complete submission or total exchange of control. This is understood early on in the writing.There is a huge amount of feeling between the female and male, which at the beginning is not obvious due to the punishment. The female draws pleasure from serving the male, and will do anything for his happiness. The female also is being taught seemingly, and is healing from the punishment of her Master. The master is not truly angry, as she has probably previously arranged that she wants irradiation of her old "slutty self". Before such relationships start, A contract is made, remember, consent is what makes what we do safe and sane. Let me remind you that many males and females give up total chastity for the rest of their lives. Also, remember Your Kink Is Not My Kink But Your Kink Is Ok. We all have different stuff that people are into.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Context is so important

I agree with the last anon about a back story being helpful. That is one of the primary difficulties with short, intense bdsm stories, the is no context for the reader. We are left with only our personal filters and a story taken a face value. This relationship would be unacceptable to me; however, I recognize its place in the spectrum of bdsm. Your story is well written. It can't be dismissed as a 'bad story.' The flip side is you can't control the emotion it evokes. 4* and please do keep writing. You have a good voice for story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
NOT ABUSE!!!

Oh my gosh...... if you don't understand BDSM and how each master/sir sub/slave is and it was there ways.... than no need to comment!! I enjoyed this. I get it and understand this. Someday I will find my true master like above! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ than plus some.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 11 years ago
Re: Author's Response

That is all well and good, but the part where I am most stuck is that she DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. The premise for the punishment is that somebody emailed her.

How is she supposed to have control over that?

There are ways that you could have made her partially responsible-- if it has been an ongoing thing and she was supposed to cut it off and block his messages. But you didn't.

You presented us with a jealous bastard who beats a woman because another man shows interest.

In fact, I had assumed initially assumed that she had been supposed to cut off communication with her ex. But she didn't know why she was being punished. And she told him she didn't invite the contact.

If you are going to write something that is abusive and fucked up, you can't expect your readers to assume it is not just because you didn't think of it that way when you wrote it.

I am also stuck on the shaving. Nicking him is an accident. It should be responded to as one. But it seems to me that he intentionally set her up to fail. After all, she had never shaved a man before, and he made her use a straight razor. Talk about a challenge! Of course, their relationship may be based on a mutual desire for disproportionate violence, but it comes across, again, as a Dom who is reactionary and out of control.

IncorrigibleMissVIncorrigibleMissValmost 11 years agoAuthor
to PallasAthena123

You have made your point perfectly clear that you do not like this story and you find it "abusive and fucked up". Some obviously agree with you, some obviously do not. I do not feel the need to defend myself and my writing any further as nothing else I could say will make a difference. I stand by my words. I stand by my writing. Please leave this alone now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Forget all of you haterz

I think that this story was good! Ignore the haterz IncorrigibleMissV because this is amazing and verrry good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not BDSM

ABUSE. It's not a Dom/sub relationship. It's not oh you don't understand BDSM. It's not you don't know their back story. It's abuse. Leave girl before he kills you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous