The Pursuit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry Mom. I couldn't resist. The alcohol, the situation, my sexy date." At this he smiled. "Please don't be mad. I think you deserve to go on more dates like that with someone who will have fun." He paused. "I'd be happy to be the one to take you."

"You want... to date me?" she asked. The balls on the boy.

He shrugged. "Call it what you want. You're a very classy woman, and a fun date. I'd be delighted to go anywhere with you on my arm."

"What about the kiss? You can't expect that to happen every time we go out."

He shrugged. "I'm not saying I'd steal a kiss every time...but I'm not saying I wouldn't, either." This last was said with a cheeky grin. "Just think about it. The next time Dad wants to duck out on you, or even before that, give me a call instead."

With that, he leaned forward and kissed her quite properly on the cheek and left. She was standing on her front step with the feel of his warm lips on her face and the memory of them on her lips.

She went inside and went up to her room, unsurprised to find George asleep. She dealt with her bladder and her makeup in the washroom and then crept in and got undressed, crawling into bed. She lay there for some time, still reeling from the audacity her own son had to make a pass at her. To kiss her!

The memory of the closet slithered back, worming into her thoughts. The feel of his weight on her. The smell of him in her nose. The brief feel of his hand on her breast. Had that been on purpose? She'd entirely forgotten in her surprise at the kiss. She supposed that he had done it deliberately, despite the apology. Had he squeezed it a bit? She couldn't remember.

Claire gently grabbed her breast the same way her son had, earlier in the evening. Was it a grope, or a grab for leverage? She decided it was a grope, trying to ignore the way her nipple responded. He had taken two liberties with her that night, but only apologized for one.

Closing her eyes, she let her hand drift down between her legs. She felt her pussy lips swollen and wet, as she had known they would be. She spent some time playing down there before closing her eyes for sleep.

She would think about the Jase situation in the morning.

***

Over breakfast the next morning, Claire fielded questions from George about how her night had gone. She described the party in loose detail, leaving out the '7 minutes in heaven'. He looked smug that she had had fun without him, which irked her. She wanted him to accompany her, not her son. The night would have been a lot more fun if it had ended with some great sex. It was at that point that she remembered Jase's offer to take her out on more 'dates'.

"Jase dropped me off last night, and offered to accompany me again if you don't want to go out."

"Oh yeah? That's a good idea. I knew getting him to go was the right solution," he said.

Her next sentence slipped out before she really thought it through. "I was thinking of going to a play tonight, the one you have been avoiding, and taking Jase. Is that alright?"

"Oh, sure! Yeah, that's a great idea."

"Great, I'll ask him." What was she doing? Why was she adopting her son's proposal, after he was so brazen?

She picked up her phone to text Jase, and immediately felt self-conscious. She was texting her 'date' from last night within an hour of waking up. She wasn't sure if she entirely forgave him for his kiss and grope, and here she was jumping on asking him out again? She put her phone down, determined to at least not seem eager.

"Change your mind?" George asked, looking up from his phone.

"No... I'm sure Jase is still sleeping at this hour. I'll text him later."

George shrugged.

Claire worked through some paperwork for a charity she worked with, struggling with her conscience the whole time. She was annoyed at George for fobbing her off on her son, but the thought of being able to go out and have fun again was very appealing. On the other hand, she didn't want to reward Jase's behaviour, either. In the end, she was decided by the idea of finally being able to see a play with someone who didn't roll their eyes the entire time.

She waited a few hours before texting Jase. She opened her message app, and found his thread. Their last exchange had been to arrange lunch a month ago. Pondering what to say, she was surprised to see three dots show up on his side. He was typing her now?

A few seconds later a message popped up.

Hey sexy lady, how are you today?

He had no shame. What if George had seen the message?

I am your mother, not a sexy lady. And I am fine.

Great! Just thinking about you, I had a great time last night. Can't wait for our next date.

Claire fumed. He was assuming a lot; despite the fact she already had their next date planned out. She made him wait for 5 minutes, coming up with a response that would seem casual.

Actually, I had something in mind for tonight. Would you like to go see a play?

No cozy dark closets this time, bucko, just a public outing.

Yeah sure! I love plays. What time should I pick you up?

He hadn't even asked what the play was about. Was he that interested in spending time with her?

I'll meet you there. It's the Royal Theatre on 3rd. 8pm.

Do you want to grab dinner first?

His assertiveness from the night before had thrown her off balance. Normally she'd love to have dinner with her son, but now she was viewing it through the lens of his bold overtures. Did she want to give him more opportunities to come on to her? Or was she reading too much into it? Was he playing with her, and she was taking it all too seriously? Maybe she needed to give him more room to work, and see where he went with it.

Sure, dinner sounds good. How about Mancino's at 6?

It's a date!

Claire closed her eyes. She'd just set up a date with her own son. Shaking her head, she went to do something less dirty, like gardening.

***

That afternoon she called Janice. Something was bothering her.

"Hiiii Claire, how are you doing? Did you have fun last night? I know I sure did." Janice sounded like the cat that swallowed the canary.

"Did someone put you up to it?" she demanded. No small talk.

"Put me up to what? Oh, that whole 7 minute thing? No, darling, that was a spur of the moment inspiration. Genius, hmmm?"

"Sure, genius. Are you positive that it wasn't planned? It feels too perfect for the only mother and son couple to get the closet treatment."

"Oh, you're a couple now! Congratulations, dear! I'll be sure to send you a little something to celebrate the new union."

Claire laughed. "Oh, fuck you, bitch, you know what I mean."

Janice's low voice chuckled in response. "I do, but that doesn't mean I can't tease you. No one put me up to anything. I thought you two were having a good time, and so I went with it. Should I not have? Did Jase do something...untoward?"

"No! No, it was fine, it just seemed too perfect that's all. I look forward to your next soiree."

"As do I, Claire, as do I," Janice said, before hanging up.

Claire sat and pondered. So, by chance George put Jase in his spot for the party, and by chance Janice put them in a dark closet together, and then Jase took that opportunity to make a pass at her? Either it was planned, or the boy knew when to shoot his shot.

She headed to grab a shower, head still swirling with conspiracy theories. Water cascading down her curves, she found her fingers straying south. As she pondered the closet encounter, and what Jase must have been thinking, she found herself more and more aroused. Her hand grasped her breast, just as he had done last night, and soon found herself shuddering through an orgasm under the warm spray.

What was going on?

That night, she was surprised to find George protesting about dinner. "Why are you going to dinner? You said he would go with you to things I don't like. I like dinner!"

"Well, you can come with us to dinner if you want," she said, reasonably.

He paused and thought about it. "No, that's okay."

"What? You were just protesting us going, and now that you're invited you don't even want to go!"

"If I'd had more notice, then I'd go, but I'm comfy now." He was presently stretched out on the couch, an early hockey game starting.

Claire rolled her eyes and went to get changed. She contemplated her choices of attire, weighing the dinner at a casual restaurant against the more formal theatre crowd afterwards. Not to mention she was going with her son, not a beau.

In the end, she settled on a black pencil skirt that went to her knees, and a white, long-sleeved blouse. The outfit straddled the line between casual and formal quite nicely. The blouse displayed deep cleavage, which she covered with a black scarf. No reason to show off the goods to this particular date.

As she was leaving, Claire leaned over to give her husband a kiss on the forehead. The juxtaposition of her attire and his, her going to a play and he on the couch made her feel funny. It seemed to highlight how different they were at this stage of their lives. While he was content to be a homebody, she wanted to have fun. Could this be why she was willing to go out with Jase? Was he filling a need that George wasn't able to fill anymore?

That was a subject entirely too deep when heading out to enjoy dinner and play, she decided, but it still haunted her as she drove to the restaurant.

At the restaurant, Claire walked in the front doors to find Jase there waiting.

"Oh, hi!" She said, walking up to him. "Have you been here long?" she asked, taking in his outfit.

Like her, he had chosen to wear clothes to match both destinations. Dark slacks, a white simple shirt and a blazer. She could smell a musky cologne as well. He was clean shaven, maybe it was aftershave? The overall impression was of a confident, mature man. Together they made a handsome couple, she realized.

"I just got here. Our table is ready," he said.

The hostess led the way and Jase directed her to follow with a hand on her lower back. It was a familiar, intimate gesture, carried off with an aplomb that impressed her. It also raised goosebumps up and down her back. What was going on with her?

Jase held her chair for her at the table, so she smiled at him with appreciation. Sometimes it was the little things that impressed. Dinner turned out to be much less awkward than she feared. His flirty tone in texts didn't translate to their conversation, and he was very respectful. She was able to relax a bit, and they had some laughs while they ate. She felt much better about the situation, and by the time they were walking the block to the theatre, Claire was holding onto her son's arm as if he were a real date.

"You're quite good at this," she said.

"What, having dinner with my mom?" he said, with a cheeky grin.

"No, I mean the whole dinner date thing. The witty conversation, putting me at ease, making me laugh. It's very charming. You must be very popular with the ladies."

"This is a date! I had wondered. I can't help but bring out my 'A' material for such an irresistible woman like yourself," he said.

Claire blushed at the comment but fired back, "You can't say things like that about me! I'm your mother, for goodness sake."

"I can guarantee you that any straight man would agree with me. Just because I'm your son doesn't mean I'm not right."

"True, but you're supposed to act like it's not true."

"I guess I'm not a very good son, then," he said, somberly.

She shook his arm. "Stop it, you're wonderful." After a pause, she went on, "Maybe you were a bit too forward the other night, but tonight you're perfect."

They walked on in silence for a bit, then he said, "I don't regret that kiss at all, actually. I haven't really been able to stop thinking about it. I might have to take back my apology."

"Your half apology, you mean? You only mentioned the kiss, and failed to apologize for grabbing my breast." Saying that out loud made Claire feel funny in her belly.

"Ahhh, yeah. Well, all I can say is, 'sorry, not sorry' for that. I didn't mean to touch you there, but I regret nothing." The cheeky grin was back.

"Very funny. Seriously, though. What were you thinking with that kiss?"

He appeared to think a bit before he said, "I told you the truth. The combo of alcohol, situation, and company. It wasn't premeditated, I just got caught up in the moment. If I have a regret, it's that it was so short. Next time, I'll take my time."

"Next time! You mean with someone else, right? You can't think we will be kissing like that again." Her heart thumped once, hard, in her chest at the thought, and to her dread Claire realized as they were walking that her panties were getting wet. Damn the boy!

"I'm not saying I'm planning anything, but if the opportunity comes up where I can kiss you again, I'm taking it."

This promise sent a thrill through her body. The prospect of another illicit kiss with her son wasn't nearly as repugnant as it should be. Somehow his confidence, his brazenness, was short-circuiting her brain, causing inappropriate reactions.

"You might take the opportunity, but you better know what you're getting into before you take that step. Some things can't be undone," she warned.

"Hummmm, that is true," he said, stopping there on the sidewalk. People had to walk around them, as he turned her towards him. Claire watched in sick fascination as her son leaned in and captured her mouth in an open kiss. She responded automatically, without hesitation, and then they were kissing in public, where anyone could see. It lasted only a few seconds, but it was enough to send tingles to her nipples, her pussy clenching in response to her desire.

Jase pulled away from her, looking in her eyes. "That's one thing I don't want to undo." He turned her to resume their walk to the theatre.

Claire walked in a haze. Her mind was fogged from the situation. She wasn't sure how to handle it, how to handle him. His actions were so sure, and she was floundering in the current of her confusion. How far was he going with this? Was she just a diversion between other women?

What would she tell George? Could she tell him?

Jase had started chatting about the play, the reviews he'd read, and Claire had to race to catch up to his thoughts. Forcing herself to move on, they went to watch the play.

The play was very good. What impressed her more was how Jase managed to not look bored throughout it. It wasn't something he'd ever shown interest in before. She kept checking him out, sending sidelong looks his way, and he never failed to notice, smiling back.

During the intermission he insisted he needed some air, and led her outside. There were only a few audience members here, smoking. Jase took her hand and pulled her along until they came to an alley. There was no one there, and he walked a few steps before turning to her. She stood like a deer in headlights as he stepped closer. Time seemed to slow as she contemplated all her responses. Step back? Put up her hand? Walk away? None of them happened, and in fact she could feel her lips part in anticipation.

This kiss was the meeting of two lovers. There was no hesitation, no tentativeness, just passion and desire. It made Claire's head swim. She could feel her mouth fill with saliva, coating her tongue as it swished and swirled around his. Their lips slipped in and out, one moment she had his in a sucking grasp, then next he was capturing hers.

In her haze, Claire barely felt the hand that grabbed her ass cheek, but she did notice when he placed a hand on her breast, his palm pressing into her diamond-hard nipple. It snapped the spell she was under, and she was able to pull away from him, their kiss ending with a wet smack. She held up a hand to forestall him, his hands falling to his sides. She was breathing hard, passion spread throughout her now.

"Please," she said. "This is too much. I'm married. I'm your mother. We can't do this."

He didn't say anything, his chest also heaving. "I know all those things... and yet I still want you." He ran a hand through his hair. "I'm having a hard time controlling myself around you. You set me on fire. You're not exactly showing me any different."

"I won't lie," she said, trying to calm down with a few deep breaths. "You... do... things to me, too. But it just can't happen, okay? We have to control ourselves."

Jase nodded. "Okay. If you say so." He grimaced and shifted the lump in his pants. When he saw her inquiring glance, he said, "Sorry, it was in a painful position."

Claire did her best not to think of what was in a painful position, and why. They stood there, not saying anything. Her hard nipples making little tents, his hardon making a large one. Just then they heard the usher calling the audience back for the second part of the play and she sighed, grateful for the distraction.

They turned as one and made their way inside to their seats. The silence was both pregnant and comfortable. There was an elephant in the room, but there wasn't much to say about it now.

After the play, Jase walked her to her car like a gentleman. At the drivers' door, Claire turned around to say goodnight, and emitted a little 'eep' when she saw how close he was to her. His scent filled her nostrils, the warmth of his breath washing over her. He looked in her eyes, but didn't speak.

Neither of them made a move, while she examined his face. The memory of his lips on hers ran through her mind, distracting her from what she was going to say.

"Good night, Claire. I had a wonderful time. I hope we can see each other again." He leaned in and gave her a careful close-mouth kiss that lingered briefly, before turning away.

She was left with a longing to call him back, but just said, "Good night, Jase."

***

That night, crawling into bed next to her slumbering husband, Claire knew what was going to happen. Within seconds her hand was caressing her outer lips, fingers dipping into her hot, wet cavity. She shuddered when she made contact with her clit. It was swollen with need, exposed from its hood, and very sensitive.

Too sensitive. She rubbed around it, the movement of her labia caressing it with silken massages. The tingling pressure radiated throughout her pussy, and she ached to have something more solid. She needed to feel the weight of a man on her, in her, driving his passion within her over and over.

She looked over at George, thinking maybe she could wake him up, but remembered the last time. He'd grumped and rolled over, and then complained about it the next day. He was a slow burn when it came to passion, and a mid-sleep wakeup booty call didn't go over well.

Sighing, she looked up at the ceiling and struggled to avoid the inevitable path of her thoughts. The memory of his kisses was like a lodestone, drawing her mind back to them.

The surprise in the closet. She moaned, shifting her legs apart. Her labia were spread wide now, and she could caress her inner lips, spreading moisture everywhere.

The bold kiss on the street. She dipped a fingertip into her vagina, then added another, caressing her opening. She groaned.

The back-alley kiss, hidden and furtive. Now Claire could feel it boiling within her. A rising, building pressure within her. Her breathing got faster.

His hand on her breast. Matching his hand, she found her breast, her nipple boring into her palm. She massaged it, while plunging her fingers in and out of her, juice squelching there in the dark. With a small cry, Claire came on her hand, her hips driving up, as if to meet a ghostly lover.

Once she had come down to earth, she looked at George, to make sure he hadn't woken. He just lay there, breathing evenly, unaware of the orgasm his wife had just had, thinking of their son.