All Comments on 'The Quarterback and the Tutor Ch. 07'

by perihelion

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
kmillerk1kmillerk1about 9 years ago
Can't wait for the next installment

Thank you again for a wonderful story and please continue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loving this story!

Their love is so fresh and seems so real like this could happen in real life. It probably does..love your writing. Keep up the amazing work!

brijeonbrijeonabout 9 years ago
Love them

I love Tom and Lucas great read keep it up

Myseason4funMyseason4funabout 9 years ago

I absolutely love this story....but Tom's emotional dependency is never a good sign. Let's see what the next chapters bring. Hope it works out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Author

You are such an amazing writer!.....I Love Tom and Lucas!

baikalisanbaikalisanabout 9 years ago
I'm a little worried

About the desperation and swing moods Tom has. I hope they get themselves together

cattenicatteniabout 9 years ago
Fantastic

this series gets better and better.. just brilliantly written

geemeedeegeemeedeeabout 9 years ago

Like other commenters, Tom's dependency worries me. Right now, he values his rrelationship more than his football career, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up the game. But would that make him later hate Lucas?

darthatheosdarthatheosabout 9 years ago
Anxiety

Tom needs to see a doctor about his anxiety.

canndcanndabout 9 years ago

I'm glad we finally know what causes Tom to not believe Lucas really loves him equally. i can see how his childhood would make him feel that way. His dad sounds like a dick. I'm glad he told Lucas about it. That said, I really didn't like his ordering him to not join the swim team. Lucas supports him unconditionally. Yet, here it might help Lucas to join a team and deal with the loss of his football career and he forbids him to do it. that is just wrong. You support your partner in what they want to do in life. Lucas is willing to let Tom's football career dictate their status in public, where is the return on that? I'm surprised Lucas let this go by and didn't address it. that sex was a bit like rape. The thing was lucas was into it, but I didn't like that Tom wasn't role playing or joking. He was serious. I don't know how I feel about this. i think it is funny that they have the dogs together...adorable. The matching rings might make it that the jig is up though. Might confirm whispers lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
When's the movie coming up!?

This is really good. I agree that Tom is reducing his world to his relationship BUT, I still think he's doing it out of love. I think that Lucas being able to understand him will balance things out. Tom is just going through a rough path. I wouldn't read too much into it. Great story. Please carry on!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm not so worried

Tom's dependency is mirroring a lot of early relationships. They're in the mating/honeymoon phase where no one else really exists. Even when they spend time with others, their thoughts...their eyes are for each other. It's sweet, and will calm down as their relationship matures into an even deeper, more abiding love.

Add to that the fear of losing so much when your true self is discovered in its entirety, the final rejection by his father, etc.... You'll get a gut reaction like the one we've just read. Tom is so heartbroken over his father, so terrified of the thought of losing his already-mapped-out future, that the mere thought of losing Lucas terrifies him. He's gone completely reactionary.

I understand it, because I've lived it. There comes a time when life hits you with both barrels (and a canon). At those times, feeling emotionally fragile, you fear that one more thing will shatter you. Tom was at that point.

I really enjoy this series and look forward to the continuing journey of Tom and Lucas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not good

There's a big difference between angry sex and rape. Angry sex is actually sexy. And that was not what happened here. Whether he came or not, that was rape. There was nothing erotic about that encounter.

Tom sounds like a kid throwing tantrums with his screams and plenty crying. Totally different from the hunk we saw at the beginning of this story. It's like he suddenly developed a vagina. Hell, even Ann Marie has more balls at this point. Not very attractive.

Hope the next chapter will be better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Mind boggling

What is this I just don't understand. You're just moving forward with the story just for the sake of it. The reasons to fight and their underlying causes are too perplexing. And then they make up over those already asinine issues and have sex.

You need to bring the story forward with logic and feeling instead of just penning it down.

WittePietWittePietalmost 9 years ago
A really moving chapter

There was real emotion and tenderness in this chapter that makes it the best so far. It would have been even better without the dogs (I'm not a dog lover).

mrsbearmrsbearover 8 years ago
Concerned

I'm concerned that Tom is...somewhat unstable. I love Tom! But he needs to deal with his issues. And I'm not talking about him not wanting to come out of the closet either. I find it very admiral for Lucas to stay in there with him and not leave him behind. Lucas is definitely Tom's anchor.

illwindillwindover 5 years ago

Yeah, it's official, Tom is a nutcase. Don't get me wrong, he seems to have come by it honestly, but that doesn't make the guy any less unhinged. And instead of pushing him to get some help, Lucas is only furthering Tom's dependency on him by telling him what he wants to hear. No, it's not 'all gonna be okay.' Things definitely won't be okay if Lucas continues to ignore Tom's serious psychological issues.

Honestly, while I enjoyed reading about these two for awhile, I find their relationship disturbing now, and I think this will be the last chapter I read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Keeps on going

At least Lucas is less than a drama now but Tom is being a little of a drama queen. I love your story. The secret to a good marriage and a good long term relationship really putting the your partner first. You have to think of you both as one. Being in a relationship for over 16 years with lots of ups and downs job losses, problems, when you think of both of you as one and do what is best for each other, then no matter what happens you have each other. When you start putting yourself first and not your partner and your relationship first then you have real problems.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous