The Queen of the Bonobos

Story Info
Long Live the Queen!
12.4k words
4.43
11.2k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters are over the age of 18.

Tom Coady -- Day of the Escape

I was walking back to my car from the primate house when it all started.

My parents used to take me to the zoo all the time when I was young, and I grew to love seeing the animals in their "natural" habitats. So, as an adult, when I moved to a city with a first-rate zoo, one of the first things I did was get an annual membership.

My reverie was interrupted by shouting behind me. When I looked back, I saw several people running in my direction. Then I spotted what I thought at first was a kid coming towards me, except that the kid was covered with black hair and running with its hands on the ground.

A chimpanzee escaped! I guessed, and then dodged to my right just as the chimp veered to its left. The result must have looked like a cornerback tackling a fullback. Even though the animal weighed less than me, its momentum bowled me over. We both were stunned, but the chimp recovered quicker and scrambled over me, heading for freedom.

As I sat there trying to gather my wits, I saw a dark-haired woman carrying a pistol in her hand dash passed me. "Hey, don't shoot that monkey!" I yelled, just as another woman ran up and stopped.

"It's not a regular pistol, it's a tranquilizer gun," she reassured me as she knelt down. "And it's not a monkey, it's a bonobo."

Before I could respond, she continued, "I'm Leila Tan, with the zoo staff. Are you hurt?"

As I checked myself for injuries, I checked her out as well. She was young and slender, with fine black hair that fell below her shoulders, attractively framing her pretty Asian face. Then I noticed her name badge. "Are you a doctor?" I asked.

She blushed. "Sort of. I'm a veterinarian doing an internship at the zoo."

"Okay, that's cool," I replied. "Anyway, I may have a bruise or two, but I'm fine."

She pointed at my arm. "You're bleeding. I think she bit you."

I hadn't felt the bonobo nip me, but now I could clearly see the bite mark on my forearm. I splashed a little water from my canteen on it and rubbed off the blood. The punctures weren't all that deep. "It's nothing," I reassured her. "I'll wash it with soap when I get home and put some antibiotic cream on just to be safe. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" she said doubtfully.

"Absolutely."

"Well, nevertheless, I'd like to get your name and contact information so we can check in with you later, just to be certain."

At that point I just wanted to get back to my apartment, so I gave her my name, phone number and address, and then stood to go.

"I'm really sorry about all this," she apologized. "I don't know how Malkia managed to escape."

"Malkia?"

"That's her name -- the bonobo."

"Oh, okay. Well, anyway, I guess I'll head on home now. It was nice to meet you, Dr. Tan, even under the circumstances."

She gave me a shy smile. "I hope you'll come back to the zoo. I can pretty well guarantee you won't get run over again."

I chuckled and left. But I did take one more look at her over my shoulder. Nice.

When I got back to my apartment, I stripped down and got a shower. Afterwards I took a few minutes to inspect myself in the mirror. It looked like I might have a couple of bruises and a scrape, but nothing serious. The bite on my arm had stopped bleeding and was already closing. It didn't hurt, but I put some antibiotic cream on it and covered it with a bandage, just to play it safe. Well, that's one I can tell the flight crew about, I chuckled, and forgot about it for the rest of the evening.

But during the middle of the night I woke up with my head pounding and my muscles aching. I managed to get out of bed and stagger into the bathroom to get some aspirin. As I reached for the bottle, I realized that my forearm was throbbing, and when I pulled off the bandage, the area where I'd been bitten was red and swollen.

I gulped down two aspirin and peered at my face in the mirror. My skin was pale and my eyes looked sunken. Maybe I should go to the emergency room, I thought, but I was so exhausted that returning to bed won out. I can go in the morning, I thought as I fell asleep.

The sun shining through my window woke me, and when I cautiously opened my eyes, I was surprised to discover I felt fine. I took my temperature just to be sure, but it was normal. I got another shower to clean the dried sweat off from the night before, then had breakfast.

Normally, I'd go for a run on my off days, but after what I'd gone through, I opted to take it easy instead. I changed into my board shorts and walked over to the swimming pool to relax in the sun. By now I was pretty sure whatever had hit me last night was over. Must have been some kind of 12-hour virus, I decided. In fact, once I got in the pool I felt so good that I wound up swimming a few laps just to burn off some energy.

By now the pool area was filling with the usual crowd from the apartment complex. Soon enough, I spotted the "K-Pop" roommates come into the area, followed by their entourage of girls and guys. Some wag had given Kelly and Kasey their nickname, and it stuck because they were definitely the most popular in the complex.

It was hard not to like them. Kelly, the brunette, and Kasey, the blonde, had bubbly, fun-loving personalities. They also had smoking figures they unfailingly showed off in tiny bikinis every time they went to the pool. No wonder they drew a crowd whenever they appeared.

I was no less attracted than any of the other guys cavorting around making fools of themselves trying to attract their attention. But I was smart enough to know that hot 25-year-olds weren't likely to be won over by a 35-year-old pilot -- not with all the younger competition around.

Nevertheless, the girls waved in a friendly fashion when they saw me walk past on the way back to my lounge chair. I even thought I noticed a second glance from one of them, but that was probably wishful thinking on my part.

Usually after a day of swimming and sun, I'll feel a little low on energy. But that wasn't the case today. Instead, as the hours went by, I felt my energy growing. By the time I went inside, I felt as good as I ever had in my life.

That same sense of well-being stayed with me when I got up the next morning, and I decided that I definitely needed some serious exercise. Accordingly, after lunch I drove over to the city park where I like to run. There's a level, mile-long path that weaves through areas of sun and shade, making it a lovely spot for jogging.

I set out at my usual pace, but soon found myself going much faster. I tried to slow down, but I still seemed to finish my normal 2 miles in no time.

While I was running, I overtook an athletic young woman jogging on the course. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and tucked through the back of a baseball cap. As she ran, it trailed out behind her like a pennant. As I passed her, I saw her long shapely legs effortlessly eating up the distance. What a babe!

At the end of my 2 miles, I realized I still had plenty of energy. Accordingly, I ran another mile and then added a fourth, marveling at my new-found stamina. When I completed my last circuit, I slowed to a trot, allowing my body to cool down. Passing a water fountain off to one side, I headed over to get a drink. Then I spotted a bench under a nearby pair of eucalyptus trees. The shade was deep, and I plopped down to relax and enjoy the day. As I watched others running by, I wondered idly, Do they all feel so energized today, or is it just me?

In a short while, I saw the woman in the ball cap come running by, and once again I admired her lean, athletic figure. Only minutes later she jogged by again, this time going in the other direction. Wonder why she cut her run short? As she passed where I was sitting, she glanced over and gave a little wave, which I returned. I was tempted to get up and follow her, but I figured she was only being friendly. Somebody who looks like that must get hit on all the time. I don't want to be a creep and mess up her run.

But before I could finish that thought, she jogged back into view, and this time she stopped and began walking toward me. Do I know her? Does she know me? She doesn't look familiar.

When she came up to me, I started to stand, but she put her hand on my shoulder to keep me from rising. I tried to speak but she pressed her fingers to my lips. knelt down in front of me before I could rise. Then she knelt in front of me and hooked her fingers into the waist of my running shorts. When she tugged, I instinctively lifted up, and she deftly pulled my shorts and boxer briefs down to my knees.

As I sat there stunned, she laid her head on my thigh, then slid forward to take a deep breath through her nose. I must smell like a locker room down there, I thought, but it didn't faze her in the least. She nuzzled my crotch, and I realized that, despite all my running, I now had a full-blown erection. While I gaped at her, she ran her tongue up my length, making me groan in pleasure.

Without hesitation, the runner slid her mouth over my cock and began to worship it with her lips and tongue. I've had my share of blowjobs, but I'd never felt anything this good. After a few minutes, she startled me by leaning forward and slipping my cock into her throat. I couldn't help arching off the bench, and I thought sure I'd choke her. But she continued to bob up and down as though I was some special treat she couldn't live without.

I looked down in time to see her brown eyes peering up at me. Then she abruptly closed them and shuddered. Did she just have an orgasm from blowing me? Regardless, my own climax was fast approaching, and when she suddenly accelerated her pace, I went off before I could warn her.

Over and over I pumped my seed into her mouth, and while she struggled to swallow it all, she didn't seem upset. On the contrary, she continued to suck on me even as I began to lose my erection, seemingly eager not to miss a single drop.

Finally she pulled off of me and sighed contentedly. Then she leaned forward to give the head of my cock a quick kiss before scrambling to her feet. I wasn't sure what to say, but when she saw me open my mouth, she smiled and once again pressed her fingers to my lips. Then, while I struggled to pull my briefs and shorts back up, she turned and jogged out of sight.

As I drove home, my thoughts were all over the place. That was the best blowjob I've ever had. That was the weirdest experience I've ever had. That was... what was that, exactly? Could it have been some kind of sorority initiation thing, or a "never have I ever" sort of prank? But who would do that? Still, whatever it was, I'm sure glad she picked me.

Once I got home, I took a quick shower and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. I was just trying to decide what to do about dinner when my doorbell ring. "Maybe it's another college girl," I laughed to myself, but when I opened the door, I recognized my visitor.

"You're the vet from the zoo," I blurted out in surprise.

She blushed. "Um, that's right, I'm Leila Tan. We met when you had that unfortunate encounter with our bonobo."

After I'd let her in, I asked, "So what can I do for you, Doctor?"

"It's Leila, please. And I just wanted to follow up to be sure you haven't suffered any ill effects."

"Well, thanks, Leila, but you didn't have to drive all the way out here."

She blushed again. "I... I was in the area, so I thought I'd try to catch you. I hope you don't mind."

"No, not at all. It's nice to see you."

She blushed yet again, and I wondered if that was some sort of Asian thing. "So," she went on, "have you experienced any after-effects from the other day?"

I decided not to mention the headache and fever because I was pretty sure that was just a virus. "No, no problems."

"And you've had no unusual sensations or experiences since then?"

If you don't count a hit-and-run blowjob from a total stranger, I thought to myself. "No, nothing out of the ordinary."

"What about where Malkia bit you?"

It took me a moment. "Oh, yeah, the bonobo. No, it's already almost completely healed, see?" I held out my arm and she ran her fingers over the faint mark. "That's remarkable," she said. "Do you always heal this fast?"

"I'm not really sure, but I don't think it's anything special."

She looked up at me and it appeared she was trying to think of something more to ask. I gently took my arm back. "Was there anything else?"

She hesitated a moment longer, then shook her head. "No, I guess not. But I may check back with you again, just to be sure there's no change."

I walked her to the door. "That would be fine. I appreciate your concern."

She gave me a nervous smile. "Well, thanks again, Tom. Maybe I'll see you at the zoo again,"

I smiled back. "I'd like that."

She blushed one last time, turned and left.

With all the unusual events of the last two days, I'd forgotten I had a morning flight tomorrow. That meant packing for four days away. As I pulled out my carry-on bag and began to stuff it with my clothes, I thought about Leila. Well, it wasn't a blow-job ambush in the park, but it was still nice to see her. She's cute when she blushes.

Dr. Frieda Becker -- Day of the Escape

I stood waiting irritably at the entrance to our anthropoid environment for the high school class tour. Goddamit, I'm the Director of Primatology at this zoo. I've got better things to do than play tour guide to a gaggle of adolescents. But our esteemed executive director loves hosting such outings, so I knew I had no choice.

Just then I heard the irritating voice of Celeste Hightower, the zoo's community relations manager. I chuckled in anticipation. "I'll bet that PR bimbo won't ask me to lead any more tours after today." As her chattering charges came into view, the blonde woman introduced me. When she'd finished, I beckoned the unruly mob of teenagers to gather around.

"Today we've got a treat for you, children. (I knew they hated to be called 'children.') Larry, our silverback mountain gorilla, is out of his shelter." The gorilla spotted me and charged over to the thick plastic wall, slapping his chest with cupped hands. The group instinctively recoiled, but I only smiled. "He's a fearsome creature, alright, 6 feet tall and over 400 pounds. But I can handle him." With that, I held up the metal rod I'd kept concealed by my side. "I like to call this my magic wand," I said dramatically, and pressed a button on the handle. Instantly a spark leapt across the forked end of the prod. At the sight of it, Larry roared in fear and scurried away to the far side of the enclosure. "He's not so fierce when I have my gorilla prod with me," I laughed as the kids oohed and aahed.

"Now, step this way, everyone," I went on. "In this compound we have a very different type of ape." I pointed to a group of creatures that looked like small chimpanzees covered in black hair. "These are bonobos. They may not look very impressive, but in fact they are the most intelligent of all the apes."

I smiled knowingly at the students. "How do we know they're so smart? One way is the fact that bonobos live in a matriarchy. Unlike the mountain gorillas you just saw, the leader of the bonobos is a female. That's a clear sign of high intelligence." The girls in the group tittered in delight, while several of the boys made disparaging remarks. Just the response I expected, I thought. Wait till they hear what I have to say next.

After they quieted down, I went on. "See that bonobo over there? That's Malkia. 'Malkia' is the Swahili word for 'queen,' and she is, in fact, the queen of this group.

"There's one other aspect of bonobo life that is especially noteworthy. Bonobos are highly sexual creatures. A bonobo may have intercourse multiple times in a day. And it doesn't matter whether the other bonobo is male or female. In fact, if we stay here long enough, you'll probably get a chance to see..."

"I'm sure that would be very educational," interrupted Celeste hastily, trying to be heard over the snickering students, "but we're on a tight time schedule so I'm afraid we have to move on." As she attempted to herd the reluctant teens, she glowered at me. "Was that really necessary, Dr. Becker?"

"Oh, come on, Celeste, you don't really believe all these kids are virgins, do you?"

The PR woman huffed and hurried on with her tour. I laughed gleefully. "She's going to love fielding all the calls from outraged parents tomorrow."

Once they were gone, I turned my attention back to the research I'd been pursuing so long, the research that would ultimately ensure my place in the vanguard of primatologists. Goodall and Fossey will be long forgotten, I predicted.

Returning to the present, I beckoned to Leila Tan, our veterinary intern, who'd been waiting nearby. "Leila, have the keepers bring Malkia to the lab. I want to continue my work with her."

Leila's face fell. "But Dr. Becker, don't you think she's..."

"I have no intention of discussing the matter with an intern, Dr. Tan. Just see that she's brought to me, and be quick about it." With that I stalked away, leaving the flustered young woman to carry out my orders.

Back in the lab, I pulled on a white coat and then checked my notes on my computer. As I did so, I couldn't restrain my frustration. "There has to be a reason why one particular female in the tribe becomes dominant. I don't care what those idiots at Cambridge say, it has nothing to do with physical size or familial lineage. There's got to be some unique aspect of the queen's body chemistry, and I'm going to find it -- even if I have to dissect Malkia!"

Just then, two of the keepers wheeled in a small cage containing the bonobo queen. Working together, we extracted the squirming animal from the cage, stretched her out on the examining table and strapped down her arms and legs. Malkia slumped back, seemingly acquiescing to the helplessness of her situation. Satisfied, I nodded to the two men. "She won't fight any more. You can go now -- I'll take it from here."

The keepers left, and I leaned over to strap Malkia's head down. As I did so, the ape lifted up and savagely bit the heel of my hand. I recoiled instinctively, howling in pain and surprise at the unexpected attack. While I was washing my wound in the sink, out of the corner of my eye I saw the bonobo somehow slip out of one of the arm restraints and begin rapidly undoing the other straps. Before I could get to her, she had jumped from the table and headed for the lab door just as Leila entered.

"Close the door before she escapes!" I yelled, but the startled girl was too slow. In a moment Malkia was through and gone. "Alert the staff and follow me," I ordered. "We've got to get her back." Cursing under my breath, I grabbed a tranquilizer gun and scrambled for the door, motioning for the gaping intern to follow.

Once I got outside the building, the commotion up ahead told me all I needed to know about the animal's escape route. I took off running, and even though she was ten years younger, Leila was hard pressed to keep up with me. We caught sight of Malkia up ahead on the walkway, just in time to see her barrel headlong into a visitor. "Make sure he's okay," I ordered to Leila, and ran on in pursuit of the fleeing bonobo.

While Leila checked on the man who'd been knocked over, my longer legs began to gain ground on my prey. The bonobo glanced back to see how close I was and ran straight into the net the security team had strung up. Immediately the beast began to struggle and howl, but she was too well entangled in the netting to get free. As soon as I was close enough to be sure of my aim, I fired a tranquilizer dart into her hindquarters. Within seconds the frenzied bonobo collapsed, making mournful sounds as the crew picked her up in the net.