The Queen of the She-Wolves

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They turned back into a human to not raise any alarm among the Greywood Crossing townsfolk and dressed into their clothes to finish their walk back to the town and to the Loach and Lumber tavern where they started their journey. It seemed like years since Red had first come into the Loach and Lumber to find Kyra sitting there. Then he knew her only by the name Witch Thief.

"So, I guess that's it then," Red said.

"What is?"

"The end of our business."

"I suppose it is," Kyra replied. She looked at him bashfully.

"Sorry you had to find out about your mother like that. And sorry that she's fucking terrible."

"It's alright. Now I know. It's good that I know. Knowing gives me peace. So you've honored your bargain."

"Yeah... but... You thought you finally found your family, so you let your guard down for the first time ever, and bam, they stab you right in the back. That sucks."

Red shrugged. He shoved his hands into his pockets and kicked at the dirt glumly as he walked. Kyra saw his sadness and tried her very best to cheer him up. She clasped her hands boyishly behind her back and put a bounce in her step.

"Perhaps we can look at the silver lining," she said.

"Which is?"

She sprang ahead of Red, turned to face him, and paced backward as she counted out on her hand:

"One, we lived to see another day. That's always a plus in my book. Two, we can turn into wolves now. That's not a bad trick. Three --"

Kyra stopped, leaned up onto her toes to kiss him quickly on the lips. Her smile grew into a wide grin, and a twinkle came to her eyes.

"What?" Red chuckled.

"We scored this. Heh-heh."

She reached into her pouch and pulled out the diadem and put it on her head. Its many diamonds glittered brilliantly in the sunlight.

Red gave an incredulous laugh.

"Don't I look good in it?" She asked.

"You look magnificent. But do you feel it? The power of profound foresight?"

"Pssht. No. Don't you think if it had that power, the Queen would've known I'd break you out?"

She adjusted the diadem on her head, said, "it's just a pretty little thing," then curtsied for Red. "A pretty little thing that'll net us a boatload of gold. Just don't tell anyone it doesn't work."

Red laughed loudly, and she laughed along triumphantly.

"So, what next, witch thief?" He asked as Greywood Crossing's main gate came into view.

"Well, ranger. The next mark, of course."

"You have one in mind already?"

"Sure do. That fool of a wizard -- Grimyorn -- has a lot to answer for. He's the one that put us in this mess in the first place. He hasn't exactly been living a meek lifestyle in exile. He's got wealth beyond imagining. I think we ought to teach him a lesson and part that wealth from him."

"We?"

"That's right. I mean, I was hoping you would come. We're a good team. And besides, we're mates now, aren't we? Whatever that means."

An excitement entered Red's heart, and a feeling came over him that was good, that this was meant to be. He and Kyra, the Ranger and the Witch Thief, partners-in-crime.

"It's a long road to the Windscour Keep. We better get a good night's rest," he said.

"So that means you're in?"

Red grabbed her and pulled her in close to him.

"We are mates now, aren't we?"

And he kissed her.

The End.

Thank you, lovely reader, for making it all the way! I really hope you enjoyed it, but whether you did or not, please give it a rating, leave a comment, or shoot me an email. I am working to be a better writer, so I really value any constructive criticism.

P.S. I love listening to music when I write. Music does a lot in giving shape to the aesthetics of my stories. So, just as I have done in my other most recent story, here is a shout out to a few of the songs that come immediately to mind as having helped me during the drafting of this story (i.e., The ones I hit the heart button on Spotify for).

***

Show Me -- Big Wild

Tears on my Window -- Frankie Stew and Harvey Gunn, Eleni Drake

The Sound of Silence - Disturbed

Husavik -- Will Ferrell, My Marianne

Year to Year -- Yaeji

Brainfreeze -- XVOTO

As the World Caves In -- Sarah Cothran, Wuki

Moby Dick -- Led Zeppelin

I'd Have to Think About It -- Leith Ross

Space Lion -- Seatbelts

Allie -- NoSo

If I Told - Courtney Marie Andrews

***

1...345678