The Ranger: Ch. 03

Story Info
Save the day, take a nap... the good life.
8.1k words
4.66
7k
14

Part 3 of the 19 part series

Updated 11/25/2023
Created 01/29/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LeakyFaucit
LeakyFaucit
483 Followers

*Before we begin: Thank you for the support.

- All characters live in a different world and are of age

- All characters agree to their stories being told.

- If you get pulled into this adventure, you must agree to your story being told.

Leave a comment, recommendation, rating to help bring this story forward with a pinch of flavor.

---

"This is more, keep you from being harmed or taken, now that I plan on staying."

Flipping Katelyn over she wraps around me and I move the tangle of hair out of her face. "I have never been in one place very long, this is going to be what my kind call a grove. I can't remember ever talking this much during sex about things not sex-related, it feels less frantic and nice."

'What? I'm the only other person you've fucked and you talked all the time.'

'Not now Cinthia.'

"It's what people do when they aren't running from place to place and bedding Inn wenches." Katleyn reaches up grabbing both my arms and squishing her boobs together.

"Ahh, staying in one place and bedding Inn wenches is the key?" She looks sexy as can be, naked, flushed, and messy.

"Not to seem ungrateful, but I'm laying in a soaking wet mess that is getting cold and you're resting on my stomach when I have to go." Katelyn pushes me off.

"Such the romantic." I laugh, "no matter how right you are," taking the time to relieve myself also, cleaning up with the water in the tub, I head downstairs and get my own drink, bread, and some cheese, remove the bar on the door, and take a seat.

"Good," Katelyn nods at my food and glances at the door. "You want anything hot."

"Already had that earlier, Sabina is still in Saedin's home, so it will be a while before we have anything to do."

"You can find her that far away?" She is wearing a simple off-white sundress with lace on the edges, the front dipped down a bit into... "Kae?"

"What?" I look up at her smirking face, "Oh, not her specifically, just that the same amount of people are there with nobody moving north. I couldn't reach that far before. I could send the pup with a message if you want."

"How would that even work?"

"I can send a messenger like the pup or a bird, but it almost never works as people scream or run and miss the message or kill it. Seemed great when I learned it, but in practice, not so much. The other person must know it is coming and the message must be very short."

"What other surprises?"

"Nothing amazing, able to run through the woods faster than most while blending in, much faster with a bow or marking an enemy, animal companions. Oh, and can tell when women are in heat."

"What!?"

"Animal females." I chuckle, "there have been many times when I could reach out and summon a male to get things going for them. Minor healing that works on animals and us, can cause plant growth, entangle vines is a dumb one that never works, nor does the thorn growth as it takes too long. OH! Barkskin, I transform my skin with a covering of bark. "Feel it."

Katelyn reaches over. "Could explain last night." She says and gives me a smirk.

"It is supposed to protect me, but, hmm, this is a bit thicker now, I grab a bread knife and stab it into my arm with Katelyn flinching back.

"What the fuck?"

"Huh, it used to be about as strong as having another shirt on, this seems about as strong as nicely crafted leather at least." Releasing the spell and looking at my skin there is a red mark but no penetration. I might have to rethink a few of the things I've known.

"I might be able to get some mint to grow and they can last a few weeks if trimmed and stored in water, they sell for a very good price if you can get them to market fast enough. Dried and harvested or used in oils, could be a good export for the town, especially if everyone has them in their house and we can sell them in the off-seasons."

"Is that what's in the jar in the kitchen?" Katelyn asks and I nod. She gets up, heads into the kitchen coming back chewing one with a surprised look on her face and hands me one. "They taste great and tingle my body. When you talk it fills the area and kissing is oh so much better."

"Like this?" I say, reaching for her hand and lean over for a kiss that she returns with a passion. "It is also addictive in the sense that the only problem with fixing your breath is that you notice everyone else's quite a bit more than you would without. Like bathing with soap, which you can add dried crushed mint to also and then notice the people around you are not. Next thing you know you're buying enough for everyone you want to keep near you."

"That does sound rather lucrative, and I've never heard any of this and I've been to quite a few places up north and to the east." Katelyn sits back. "If you could teach us how, we could grow it and make it into oils and such. We'd be the only place selling it for quite a while until someone else figures out how."

"Wait! Did you just say I had bad breath last night? That's why you put that in the kitchen?" Katelyn gives me a look and I shake my head.

"Noooo, I wouldn't ever say that."

"Well shit, now I understand why this stuff costs so much as you'll be keeping this place stocked with it going forward or I won't be able to function. I'm going to want to keep some in the windows of every room," she looks over at me, "how long does it last?"

"Not long at all, but it has properties that help your teeth over time, there are other roots and things that fix it longer term. Neem leaves work better." Katelyn gives me a stare.

"Yes, I'll find some for you."

"Thanks, it's nice to have an herbalist staying here that can find and grow his own plants."

"Not doing anything else around here, might as well," said as sarcastically as I can make it.

"Right! I wait on you hand and foot and other parts, the least you can do is give me fresh breath after."

"Well, when you put it like that, I might even put a jar of it in the kitchen for you."

"Good point, what would you like for dinner, anything you want, and I'll find it for you."

"Oh that's easy, the same thing we had last night."

"Well, the day just cleared up of things for me to do." Katelyn laughs.

"Sabina is on her way back with someone else in the cart. If your day cleared up, follow me." Leading her back to my room she took the sheets off and threw the old ones from the corner back on.

"No reason to mess up new." She pushes me down and takes her clothes off, setting them on the chest neatly. "You never smell, your clothes never smell she says holding my shirt. I've washed clothes for more people than I can count and clothes smell, especially after running all day or slaughtering animals. Leaning down, and this, this lovely cock of yours smells woodland musky. Sucking in one of my balls, she lets it out with a pop, same thing, musky but clean, the perfect toy."

Sabina and Heran arrive in town riding up to the Inn. The bows and quivers in the back. "How many are there?"

"Fifty-Seven." Sabina answers and then after a moment of staring at Katelyn she flushes. "We need to talk mother."

Katelyn looks over at me and I shrug, "I'll get Jacob and see what we have here."

"Coward." I hear from Katelyn as Sabina nudges her through the door.

"What's that all about?" Heran watches them walk inside and then holds up her bow. "Thank you again, after feeling all of them, this one is just perfect."

"Good, she obviously thinks the same of you as you two continue to get to know each other," Staring at the many quivers of arrows we take those in first and then start bringing in the bows with the help of the other two after Heran reminds them that help would be appreciated.

"More than enough for everyone, the backpacks are only about half, so we will need to share tools needed to keep the bows tuned up. Quite a bit of string."

"Are we getting Jacob now or..?" Katelyn walks over with two cups for Sabina and Heran.

"Tomorrow should be fine, give'em a days' notice to meet in the hall. I'll be back after telling him to pass the word."

"Hey Aunt Katelyn, I think we are staying with you for a while."

"Always wonderful to have you with us honey," Katelyn hugs her, "it's about time you moved in with me while my sister sails around the world."

"We were in trouble, no crops, no livestock," Heran's eyes grew large and she shook her head, "those jaguars lived right behind our home, then he walks out of the woods, and for an extra bowl of stew, Kaethorn kills them like it was nothing, they were so big, you have to see the pelts when they bring them up, bigger than dad.

"I've noticed that Kae will do a lot for good food, and your mother can cook better than anyone I've ever met."

"Must be," Heran laughs, "he said the pelts, claws, and teeth are worth as much as the boat he gave dad, a longboat with a cabin, it's been crazy, now we're moving up here and, crazy!"

"How's your Mom doing?" Katelyn didn't realize those cats were so close to her sister Agitha and the neice she loves to spoil, Heran reaches into her shirt and pulls out a bag of coins and gives it to her aunt, "Kae gave this to Mom, she is giving this for everything you do for us, it's a lot a lot, don't let anyone see it."

"He has definitely blessed our family dear, it is up to us to keep him; safe." She glances at Sabina who is smirking at her mother. "Sabina, show Heran to her room, bottom floor, give the bigger one to Aunt Agitha down here also, the far end."

"Well, Shit!" Katelyn looks in the bag, 'Fucking Kaethorn!' She whispers and is soaked after hearing Heran talk plus the coin, she could buy the three Inn's at Twin Rivers' with this; she runs her hands over the bows on a few tables grabbing one that seemed a little lighter in color, "I need to get good enough with you to keep him alive long enough to make him understand." She whispers to the bow and takes it and the gold to her room.

Kaethorn finds Jacob at the guard station, "Jacob? Walking through the door he looks around at the small sparse room with a few desks and chairs. Jacob and one other guard is in there. I nod over at the guy and look at Jacob for some help.

"Jamison, Kaethorn" he waves between us. He nods at me and goes back to sweeping the floor.

"Heran is here with the bows, if we can let everyone know to come to the hall tomorrow evening?" Probably tell Tremont first so he can be involved." Jacob turns and gives the other guard orders and then turns to me. "Let's go let Mertil know, she takes most all visitors."

The house was off to the left of the Town Hall and two stories tall with intricate woodwork and a covered porch seating area that let you sit outside but kept the weather out. They had more furniture outside than my old house had inside. Tables and chairs along all three sides he could see with Mertil sitting near the front door watching the approach.

I was surprised to see her smile with what appeared to be genuine happiness to see us. I imagined she would be the stuffy standoffish type person. Waving us under the awning she motions to a few chairs.

She says something to me and half walk runs into the home. Looking over at Jacob he is staring back at me with what I guess is the same question I had.

"She said wait here, she'll be back in a moment, she is more excited than I've seen here since I've been here." Jacob shrugs.

Mertil returned with refreshments and her husband Tremont. Still shocked at the difference between the two caused me to look around their property to collect myself.

"Welcome to our home, what can we do for you?" Jacob translated for Tremont.

"Some of the supplies have arrived, Saedin is thought to be here if the winds cooperate. We would like to gather the town in the Hall."

Back and forth on the translations while I take a sip and it is sweet and refreshing, tipping the glass and my head to Mertil she smiles back.

"Tremont agrees." Jacob answers me after a long back and forth between the two of them.

"Good, where is a good place to prepare a training area to practice archery?"

Mertil points at the field beside their home, it is large enough so I nod. "We will need hay bales as targets and incentives."

"Incentives?" Jacob asks.

"A reward in coin, the best archers that wish to train the others, anyone that can make arrows and tournaments when appropriate." Jacob nods and relays the information with Tremont responding immediately.

"Out of whose pocket?" Jacob asks.

"This is my area, so, my pocket, though I might need to change gold into silver and copper depending on how much people are paid in your land." Mertil replies to Jacob and he nods.

"The trainers a silver and the arrows depending on the quantity and quality. She also asked about what we plan to import and export."

"Import what we've already discussed, export.." Rummaging in my backpack I pull out a jar of mint leaves and set it on the table. "This could take a few weeks to establish, though from Katelyn's reaction its properties are not known here. Take this and let me know after a few uses how much you believe it could be worth."

Mertil takes the jar as Jacob translates giving it a smell and pulling back with a surprised look on her face. "It can be used for breath and teeth, oils, soap and some foods." Taking one out I chew it and breathe into my hand.

"It makes things smell good?" Jacob asks and I nod.

"The higher up in status, the more they are going to want it, so the price should reflect the buyer." Jacob passes that along. "Ask Mertil to give one to Tremont and then for her to kiss him."

Tremont chews it like livestock causing me to chuckle and Mertil to scowl at him, but after a brief kiss.

"She says this would make for a fine luxury item, the water it is in can be added to the soap?" I've been noticing some of her reactions, nothing overt but her eyes and the lines around her mouth.

"When I first met her, I thought she would be stuffy and controlling, the more I talk to her the more she seems to show she cares about all of this, and outside in the sunlight she is much prettier than anyone would expect with her position. Anyway, that is not for translation." I take a drink and look for any signs with no indications.

"Who can setup the field here for use, hay bales as targets, a few cart full, 10 paces to start?" After Jacob translates Mertil points back at him and he sighs as I chuckle and she laughs.

Tremont looks at me and speaks to Jacob. "He wants to know you can do what you say before he speaks before the town."

"And how would he like that done?" I ask and they talk back and forth.

Stepping in: "That stump at the edge of the southern woods?" It's about 300paces away so a good shot for anyone to make. "He has to bring the arrow back."

Jacob smiles and relays the information; Tremont frowns and waves his hand." Mertil's lip lifts and goes back into place as she picks up the jar, speaks to me, and goes inside.

"She thanks you for the leaves and will see you in the hall."

After saying goodbye we are heading back to the Inn, "What was that with Mertil?" Jacob asks.

"Seeing if she understood this language and was hiding it."

"Ahh, Dawson could be back tonight or tomorrow."

"So does it just help me understand or work both ways?"

"Wouldn't be much of a help if it was one-sided."

"Yeah, I take back that question, you any good with a bow?"

"Okay for someone that doesn't carry one." Jacob rubs his shaved head and then looked at the bow on my shoulder. "How good are you with that thing."

"Hmm, you willing to go get it?" I ask and he laughs.

"That was the funniest thing since I've been here, sure, I'll go get it."

"That fence post on the Masterson house?"

"That's, no, I'll let you buy me an ale if you can hit that." Jacob leans forward, "I can barely see it."

Taking Ello off my shoulder, pulling and let it go, I turn to him and nod. "Go get them, I'll wait here."

"What did you do?" I hear Sabina beside us in the door of the Inn.

"Showing off, Jacob was curious." I reply, "He has to go get them though."

"Them? You said that before, Wait! I'm coming also, Heran ran after Sabina and Jacob while I walked into my new home, walking into the kitchen and getting two ales.

Taking a seat and waiting for them to return Katelyn walks down the stairs. "How did the talk with Tremont go?"

"Good, we are a go for tomorrow."

"Little early for that?" Katelyn eyes the ale.

"I promised one to Jacob."

"Sabina!?" Katelyn looks around.

"They went down to the Masterson's home with Jacob to get the arrows." I get the look from her so keep going. "He wanted a demonstration of Ello, so he had to go get the arrows."

"Hey!? Jacob said you only fired one arrow, but there were three down there?" Heran says walking back in with Sabina behind her. "Can Willow shoot that far?"

"No, she will shoot further the more you use her, but 200 paces would be the distance for you."

"That was crazy! You didn't even aim?" Sabina says with a short bow in her hand walking in.

"Well, it's much easier for something that isn't moving and Ello helps quite a bit."

"Does everything you make end in Oh" Jacob walks in holding the arrow. "The other two disappeared when I pulled them out, guessing they weren't real?"

"Yes, I got you and Ale,o" I chuckle and get eyerolls from the ladies, but Jacob laughs.

"Could you make this one like Willow?" Sabina asks holding the bow she brought in with her.

"Ahh, yes, I have a place picked out where I can do that, it will take a few days for the attunement, strength, and focus spells," I reply with what I have on Willow.

"How did you get three arrows from the one you shot?" Heran asks.

"That's me, it is an action I can do if I have the time, normally an opening shot and the number of arrows depends on the training, it used to be two arrows for many years, three arrows is a new occurrence. For the bows it is more about strengthening the bow so the strings won't break, the bow can block a normal sword hit without breaking, and you both learn each other through use to make your shots more precise and for a difficult or long shot, added focus if you have the time."

Looking over at Heran, "For focus to work, you have to be attuned with her already and use her often enough to know if the focus is enough to make the shot being attempted. You can't hit a silver coin at a hundred paces if that shot isn't reasonably within your skills, if it is, you can add some focus to ensure success."

"We can do your bow Sabina either after the raiders are delt with or if they don't show up anytime soon, as I need a few hours per day, in a clearing I found in the woods, I won't be able to do anything else for the rest of the day."

"Oh, okay, I can get better at using her and it will make it better."

"Give you time to come up with a name also." I reply and it perks her back up.

"Thanks for the ale, I have to get back to work, I'mma grab me one before the rest of the people start picking through them."

"Jacob, save the little ones for the women and children." I say and he scoffs at me as he walks out.

"Did you want a hot bath?" Sabina asks as soon as it was just the three of us.

"Oh, I guess I'm going to go see Anders, I haven't visited him since I've been here." Heran blushes and walks out the door in a hurry.

"A bit early for the bath, but if you are willing to make it, I would appreciate it."

"Uh, sure, yeah, I'll have it ready in about an hour." Sabina walks into the kitchen.

"She is nervous, so if you put her off, do it nicely." Katelyn whispers walking by the table into the kitchen.

IF I put her off? How do you not put off the daughter of the woman you were just with earlier in the morning? I get the dynamics of the town, but, good grief.

"Katelyn, Sabina? Come here please." When in doubt, I guess the best bet is to get it out there and let the argument begin.

LeakyFaucit
LeakyFaucit
483 Followers