The Ranger: Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hmm, what to do? Run back and get ahead of them or just hang out here until it's time to meet up with Beau and keep hidden until they leave. Dawson running his mouth, I'll handle later, but the first thought is if they are going to wait until the ransom is paid and how sure are they anything is going to happen. If they know for sure, it could be that Twin Rivers not only knows but allows it based on their terms of surrender. If I took them out now and dragged the boat into the woods, the next group sent would ask the people in town and they would all state they never showed up. Though it would be a bigger group and bring more problems than this solution is worth.

We could pay this ransom and then train up until the town is ready to defend itself and save a few months or longer before the next raid. If they decide to take more than the ransom, I'll do what I can from rooftop, but them on land is far more worrisome than stuck in their boats and unable to fight back.

Sighing as I'm going to have to change my talk this evening, jogging back through the woods, I head back to talk to Mertil before they dock to get the stories straight. Finding her out in the field with Jacob I run over.

"A few troops coming down with Dawson, no time to explain, they want us to pay the ransom and are willing to take me in if I don't change my story tonight in the town hall. Let's go with it for now and we can talk after. Going to talk to Katelyn, tell Tremont." I turn and jog around the building into the Inn.

"Katelyn! Troops are coming down with Dawson, heard them say they are going to take me in if I talked the town into fighting back instead of paying the ransom, I'm going to humor them in the meeting tonight."

"Oh! Now they want to come down here after leaving us to our own for the last few years."

"They're scared that we will cause retribution for them." Walking into the kitchen I grab an ale and another two empty cups, pour ale into both from the original cup and then back and bring them out to the table. Setting all three down on the table.

"Sabina, can you wait in your room, I don't want anything to go sideways."

"Really?" She asks and Katelyn nods. "I'll take this closest room so I can hear at least and can act like I'm cleaning it if they stay."

Not long after the four of them and Jacob walk through the doors. I don't bother to look until they walk up to the table.

*Next Chapter in about 4 days, writing it, but it takes forever to write 8k words with a 4k word head.

-What do we think about Dawson? Revenge hot or cold?