All Comments on 'The Re-Awakening 01: The Sleep'

by Julie_in_the_north

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 2 years ago

I liked this very much. For me the beginning conjured up very strongly feelings associated with the passing time. And Emily's bedsit captured something of the state of my own dwelling. I hope to read more soon about their past and future.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

This well written story has so much potential. I am caught up in the possibilities and as a near hopeless romantic hopeful. Thanks for sharing.

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

Such superb writing. I'm all agog for more.

AliceGeeAliceGeeover 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this, it was both poignant and very moving but I want to know so much more. Why did they spilit up, how did they meet up again and most of all, what will happen going forward? I have a feeling that I will never find out and that it is the writers intention to have each individual use their own imagination to fill in the gaps. But I hope I am wrong and the writer will bestow a follow up on us.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 2 years ago

A very promising start. I love how you invoked the passage of time and the memories of things past. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

badgirl164badgirl164over 2 years ago

Absolutely love it. The detail, the passage of time, the way you show us the memories. So much told yet so many questions. Can't wait! Keep it up

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years ago

A very promising opening, darling, and you sketch out some fascinating possibilities - five stars from me xxxxx

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago

I missed this story when it was first posted and it's thanks to Pixie's recent comment that I've found it. A very nicely written and interesting chapter, one of these that leaves the reader wondering what comes next. Five stars for sure.

lilshymynxlilshymynxover 2 years ago

A very intriguing piece, so many unanswered questions just begging for answers...

lauraangellauraangelabout 2 years ago

Absolutely wonderful - so well written.

LaurajannerLaurajannerabout 2 years ago

Well, if that's your first, I cant wait for more. Loved it, absolutely loved it. Hot, romantic, and crafted. Thank you

tenderplumetenderplumeabout 2 years ago

Can’t wait for chapter 2

auburnginaauburnginaabout 2 years ago

I loved this - and it has given me a sharp appetite for more of your beautiful writing!

Ginaxxxxx

WodwoWodwoalmost 2 years ago

Beautifully written story - hope ther eis much more to come. Who is Jo?

Westman99Westman99almost 2 years ago

I think I can without doubt say that this is the best written story I've read on this site. It didn't need sex to keep us reading it just drew us along with the magic of descriptive English. I only found this story on reading your profile in the UK room, I'm so glad I decided to read it. A.

Sara28_UKSara28_UKalmost 2 years ago

very very well written ,, enthralling x x xx thanks Julie looking forward to the next chapter

storytellerXH9storytellerXH9over 1 year ago

Hot but deep -- exploring past, present and future. Keeping the present, despite added years, vibrant including charged with sexuality. Great work, especially for a first story.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlzover 1 year ago

Julie, this is so beautiful, so richly many-layered, and I absolutely love it! Please write more of it!

Kisses from

Sarah

Aoife_from_UlsterAoife_from_Ulsterover 1 year ago

Oh my dear Julie, your words flow, your passion high, your love flowing. Please continue

YoshimatsuYoshimatsuover 1 year ago

I didn’t get very far into this before knowing I’d want to write a comment at the end. I adore the build up, the scene-setting, the laying out of each small intrigue allowing the reader to identify with the characters in their own personal way. It’s vivid and rich with description and possibilities; elegant mixed with gaudy, fun and deep at the same time. Sublime.

I’m enchanted by it.

Charlotte35fCharlotte35fover 1 year ago

This is a fugue, a counterpoint composition of lyrical descriptions, timeless and multithreaded all at once. Can’t wait to see how your characters continue, in harmony or dissonance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh my, it was lovely. Please write more!

brenda61brenda6112 months ago

beautifully written, Julie - such a nice change from the dross that is so prevalent on this site

claire_westclaire_west8 months ago

Brilliantly evocative. Beautifully crafted. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Such beautiful unbearable sadness. A beautiful work.

Helen1899Helen18998 months ago

Dear Julie,,you need chapter two. All those that read ch.1. you have eating out of your hands, including me, I need it so much and it's only minutes since I finished reading it. I loved every word, I don't doubt for one moment that it is you narrating the wonderful descriptive story. If I took a test now, I could answer every question about that flat, about emily. We desperately need to know, what happened to your love, yes we have an inkling, but it will be better coming from your mouth. We need to know how you walk away, it won't be easy, but we know that you will, the wounds are to raw to heal. The three named comments below mine sum it up wonderfully well, I concur with all three I would have given it a hundred stars, sadly I can only give 5.

CupidCupidCupidCupid6 months ago

Hi Julie, this is one of the best short stories I have ever read.

From describing the detritus from the night before through to describing the state of Emily's flat, is a brilliant piece of writing.

The story is erotic with a hint of bitterness , which was good. I echo the other comments in that this story needs at least another chapter to tie in all the various aspects of this story.

I can't wait!

__Rea_loves_girls____Rea_loves_girls__6 months ago

Hi Julie, I read your story like we talked about in our chat and while the moments of sexuality were so heated and so well described, I found myself falling in love with the queerness you and I share and the love I have for my relationships with the women in my past.

This story made me feel so seen and made the womanly qualities of aging and imperfection so vulnerable and sexual, but so strong and proud with how much respect they demanded.

You write about Emily's body and flat with so much respect, for her and for yourself.

Please never stop writing, I have never resonated with an erotic story more <3

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved it!

LovethSunLovethSun5 months ago

Love how you wrote this with such imagination, and how what you wrote I was able to see your imagery. Like my mind was your canvas. I hope you have a follow up to this! Great job Julie💋

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Total immersion x

LastStandingDameLastStandingDame4 months ago

You must continue this story! I was on the edge of my seat. Pull the duvet down! Enjoy one last time! Of course we still need to find out how they reconnected! The detail in describing the clutter in the apartment I really feel like I know Emily. And to an extent you to dear narrator. Great first work. Following in anticipation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJulie_in_the_north@Julie_in_the_north
I’m here because I really enjoy discussing sex and sexuality with like-minded people. And while I enjoy conversations with depth and intimacy, I don’t take this *place* too seriously. We’re here to have fun, and I’ll chat with anyone who’s nice, and interesting, whatever your...