The Red Ledger Vol. 03 - The End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm two months along. Donald just found out." She lowered her head and whispered, 'He is being very smug.'

Celeste beamed at her. "I'm also two months along, but only Shawn knows. So don't tip my hand."

Ami's smile blossomed and she hugged Celeste again. "You are the sister I never had. I love you, and I am happy for you."

She turned and found Shawn's hands. "You must be Shawn. I have heard so much about you. I am very pleased to meet you. You make Celeste very happy," she paused. "VERY HAPPY!"

Shawn blinked, and Celeste grinned while Ami smiled at him.

'Oh, GREAT!! Another psychic,' he thought.

Ami walked up to the shortest member of the group, and knelt down.

"Your mommy told me so much about you. I think I know you already. I am very happy to meet you."

Little Shawn looked at the stranger.

"My mommy told me you were a nice lady. You are. You are also very pretty. I'm very pleased to meet you." He stuck out his hand, but Ami grinned and wrapped him in a crushing hug, and kissed his cheek. He blushed.

Donald took it all in as his children surged forward and greeted their grandparents and cousin. He studied his sister's future husband and saw how she glowed around him. His noticed the decided change in his mother.

'Like she was human,' he thought to himself.

His father seemed to be in seventh heaven and constantly hugged his wife and touched her shoulder, her arm, and maybe her ass.

'WOW, dad, things sure have changed. And all this because of this guy and his son.'

And her husband dying in a car accident with his girlfriend.

'I guess my life is not the only one to change in the past twelve years.'

He returned his gaze to the tall young man standing next to his little sister. Well, he was younger then Donald was, by about eleven years. And he had been in the Marines. He stepped forward, and looked Shawn square in the eye.

"So you're Shawn," he asked with a neutral expression.

Shawn returned the look, and said, "Major. It's very good to meet you."

It had gotten very quiet, and Donald noticed that everyone was looking at the two of them. Young Donald waked over to his dad and looked up at Shawn.

"That's my dad," he said, looking somberly at Shawn. "He's a Green Beret. He saved our lives."

Young Shawn had joined them.

He looked at his cousin. That's MY dad," pointing to Shawn. "He's a Marine."

"I have a lot of friends who are Marines. They helped my dad protect us. He got shot, too."

"WOW!"said young Shawn. Suddenly, they were talking like they were old friends.

Donald looked down at them, and then looked up at his future brother-in-law. Shawn was grinning and chuckling. He looked at Donald, and sticking out his hand, said, "I hope them never have to go through that themselves."

Donald took his hand, and said, "You are a big step up from the asshole she was married to. You also seem to make her happy. Happier than I had seen her in a long time." His hook his hand.

"And unless I'm mistaken, she's going to a lot happier in about seven months."

Shawn looked at him.'THEY'RE ALL PSYCHIC.'

Donald laughed and said, "I'm got experience. Two here, and one on the way."

Shawn laughed and said,"Not bad for a Green Beanie!"

"You're o.k., .....for a Gyrene."

They degenerated into laughter and hugs.

Ami looked at Celeste and said, "I guess we'll keep them."

Celeste smiled. "Absolutely!!"

Thank you for Bearing with me. I really liked writing this. I can now get back to BTB and blood and guts. (And happy endings.)

The End