The Red Women and Rose

Story Info
Rose and James find the power of the red women.
5.3k words
4.67
3.1k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note

This is my first story published, here or anywhere. While I understand the passion of the community I please ask that any feedback is constructive and not abusive. Any negative feedback will not be read. I do encourage constructive feedback on my work, via the comments or DM's as I want to be able to grow within a positive community.

Fingers crossed, MrJ.

....

At last I've managed to just get away. Two weeks on this remote farmhouse is what I need. No one to "watch out for me." No one to "just drop in to make sure you are not lonely." No one to ask "how you doing?"

How the fuck did they expect me to be doing?

My first full day to just have solitude. Silence to think and see how I'm really doing. No distractions. For the first time in over four years, I feel like I'm off unofficial suicide watch. Not that I would ever want to hurt myself or anyone else. But those around me knew the story and knew the effects it had.

But right now, no one. Just me sitting on the front porch of this old farmhouse in the middle of a thousand hectares of farmland and native forest. The nearest people are the owners, their homestead is thirty-five kilometres away. When I booked for two weeks they asked if I needed anything. I told them solitude. I think the owners wife picked up on something, but was nice about it, telling me there could be the occasional station hand that travels past to check the stock or fences so she will have them drop fresh supplies every few days in an old cooler at the front gate of the small garden that surrounded the farm house. I suspect this is to make sure I'm alright out here on my own. Plenty of ways to be hurt. The most common being the snakes. They told me to keep the doors closed and make sure the screens are not torn as the next most dangerous creatures are the bird sized mosquitoes. Ah the Aussie outback, would not have it any other way.

I sit on the porch of the renovated one room farmhouse looking over the slow slop of the valley in front of me. The slop extends over a grass paddock for five kilometres before a nature corridor filled with regenerated forest stretches over ten kilometres through the base of the valley linking national parks on one end with pockets of natural vegetation on the other.

Around lunch time I notice off in the distance the first puff of white smoke. The property is bordered to the west by the vast temperate rain forests of the great in-land national parks. With climate change they have slowly started to dry out to the point that five years ago was the first time they experienced fires. By mid-afternoon it looks to be gaining momentum, yet still some ways off. The fire looked like it was still in the national park, but I knew over many years the owners had undertaken a re-generation program on the national park side of their property so the native forest extended much closer.

As day turned to night I watched the red glow in the horizon. The wind seemed to change direction and intensity once the sun goes down. And when the day changes to night the sky starts to glow. It was almost erotic and at times I think I can see a red headed woman dancing over the skyline. I tell myself it had been too long without intimate contact so it is my mind playing tricks.

Around midnight my phone get a few moments of data connection, it pings. I check the message, it was the owners telling me to stay put as the fires are over the other side of the property, but could cut off the access road if the wind changes so safer to stay in the farm house. I do as I'm told.

I kept an eye on it all night getting sleep in hour shifts.

In the early hours of the morning, I think I must be delusional from the broken sleep. As I stand leaning against the post of the porch I imagine I can see the women again in the clouds of smoke billowing into the night sky. The red of the fires reflecting over the landscape and into the clouds seemed to produce naked red women dancing in the night sky. But not just dancing, it is very erotic. Almost sexual in the way the forms dance on the hot flames of the fires raging below.

The next day dawns with a wind change that seemed to blow the mile high billowing clouds of smoke in the other direction, I relax and return to reading a book on the porch.

I must have got so engrossed in my book that I did not notice the standard issue white Toyota four-wheel drive until the door creaked open at the front gate. I do quickly, however, take note of who get out of the Toyota. My mind just says to itself. "All woman".

My eyes start at the small but sturdy work boots and work their way up. Her work worn blue jeans hugging the curves of her farm working toned legs. The blue of the denim worn to almost white on her thighs and hips. As she turns to get something from the back seat I get a look at her tight round arse in the jeans, again wear marks at the back pockets give away a life of rubbing dirt from her hands. Her shirt is a light blue colour, sleeves rolled up to show toned forearms from wrestling with animals or wire fences. It is tucked into her jeans that are held up with a worn brown leather belt secured tightly to show off her small waist. This contrasts with her round hips and wide strong shoulders. I marvel at her nice round breasts that strain the buttons of her shirt as she turns back around to enter the gate. I think I saw her undo an extra button at the top of her shirt as she spied me through the back window of the Toyota four-wheel drive.

That walk. From the four-wheel drive, through the gate and up the front path holding a bag on one hand. Her auburn red hair hidden by the large farm hat on her head that shows signs of many hours protecting her pale skin from the hard outback sun. As she gets to the bottom step of the porch, just in front of me, she looks up to give me a smile with the freckle covered face of a redhead who spends her whole life in the sun.

What comes next is not unsurprising given my stares, but more forward than expected. She takes two fingers and taps then on the bottom of her chin to signal I should close my mouth. As I slowly do she gives me a smile of an early thirties woman who has seen a lot of men give her that look.

'Hi I'm Rose. Mum and Dad asked me to come out to check on you because of the fires. Still a ways off, but they noted you do not have a Sat-phone so may be out of communication. I put together a pack for you.' Rose says in a flurry of words as she puts the bag she brought on the porch at the top of the short three steps of the stairs.

'There is a CB radio and an AM radio. I assume you know how to use both. Not many city folk use AM radios anymore.'

I assure her I'm old enough to recall what an AM radio is.

'Great. Plus, some medical items, water cans and a map of the area. If the fires head this way you have no way to drive out, but over the back there is a waterhole that will give good protection. I'll show you if you like.'

'Thanks, but I took a walk down there early this morning.' I assure her.

'Pity, kind of felt like a swim.' Rose says with a little too much confidence.

She realises what she said was very forward, so quickly changes the conversation telling me the fire are being monitored. That she lives with her parents, just her. She works the farm with some workers as her parents are getting old. And on, and on. I get the feeling she is filling time or maybe its nervous chatter. I'm guessing from the fires in the area, her parents probably asked to hang around to make sure I was comfortable before she left.

It is another hour of talking, and a cup of tea, before Rose seems to be happy to leave. Before leaving she tells me she is heading over to open a few gates between paddocks to let the stock move freely if needed. So, I should be careful walking down to the waterhole as I may come across some of their larger bulls, who like the water. She also shows me how to use the CB Radio by checking in with her parents to let them know I'm all good and what she is leaving.

I watch her climb into the four-wheel drive and slowly drive off.

"She is maybe ten years my junior, five if she has aged well. But certainly an attractive woman. Think James. No ring. But no jewellery is not unusual for a working person. She said she lives with her parents. No man or just living separately? Which also could happen out here in these large stations.

Oh well, I came here to be away from everything. So, try to put that, her, out of your head."

....

"Fuck, what is it with you. Are you on heat?

And the vibrations on the corrugated dirt driveway are not helping right now.

Fuck. I know I have not had a lot of men lately, but you just got hornier than a dog on heat.

Ok girl, focus as you need to get the gates open and back to the station.

He is very handsome though. I do get excited with that middle aged fine man with salt and pepper hair look. And the short beard to match. I wonder how that would feel rubbing against my pussy? Oh, yes I would really like that.

Wow, stay focused and on the road girl."

Rose drives the five major gates she needed to get open and checks a few of the paddocks for issues. Not unusual for embers to spot away from the main fire on a hot and windy day. Despite the wind blowing the other direction, her father always taught Rose to be cautious.

All was looking good as she opened the last paddock gate. She stood looking at the huge tower of billowing grey smoke in the distance as a gust of wind below a cloud of dust from the road into her face.

'Oh shit. Wind change.' Rose says to the air around her.

As she quickly looks in the direction of the fires. Rose watches the billowing smoke stand tall, swirl and then turn in her direction.

The fire will head straight along the nature corridor between the main station homestead and the farmhouse the good-looking City Boy is staying in. It will cut the farmhouse off. Rose knows she has time to get back to the homestead, but there are plenty of hands there to help. If she does, that will leave the City Boy isolated on his own. The fire will not come close, but she knows she should not leave him just in case. Plus, she can call in the water bombing aircraft from that side while the guys on the farm do it from the other side of the fire front.

All good reasons, but her internal desire wants to be isolated with the good-looking City Boy, no man...

Rose jumps in the Toyota and turns for the old farmhouse as she gets on the radio to tell the station that she will head to the other side of the property. For her and their guest's safety off course.

....

I returned to my reading on the porch of the old farmhouse. This time with a glass of scotch on ice in my hand. Once again, I'm not sure how long I sat there not paying any attention to the world around me, but was startled into reality by a familiar, but new, voice.

'Straight up. You are hardcore my City Boy.'

I look up to see Rose looking at the slightly diluted glass of scotch in my hand.

'Not really, just forgot it was in my hand.' I reply with disappointment that I had not finished it before the ice melted.

'That must be a dam good book then. So good you did not see me racing across the paddock, or the fact the wind changed direction. Or even the thick smoke blanketing the valley.'

I look up a little shocked to see Rose is right. The wind had changed and fire had raced towards the valley stretching out in front of us.

'Shit, maybe I do have a death wish.' I say out load.

'Let's not go there.' Rose says as she steps onto the porch to take a better look.

As she stands there surveying the progress of the fire I look down at my untouched glass of scotch. My eyes then move to her denim wrapped arse before out over the valley.

'Did you just look at my arse?' Rose asks once again with that confidence of someone who has had her arse looked at with adoration more than once in her life.

This time I chose to change the subject before it gets me in trouble. 'So, how long to do we have? Or will it pass us?'

'Going between us and the main station. Probably safe for now. But let's keep an eye on it.' With that the radio in the Toyota crackles and Rose heads to talk to whoever is on the other end. Not before taking one more shot. 'Are you still looking at me arse?'

Yep, but was not going to verbalise it.

Rose talks for a few minutes and from what I can hear of the conversation it looks like we are safe but she cannot get back to the station so said she will roll out her swag here for the night to keep an eye on things. She tells them to switch to my radio channel and we will keep in touch.

Rose makes the journey from the Toyota back to the porch with a slightly naughty look on her face. 'So, looks like it is you and I for the night City Boy. Any chance you have something special you could whip up for dinner?' She says as she places a foot on the steps in front of me and leans forward to make sure I can see some of her, very attractive, cleavage.

I splutter for a moment as I try to get my composure back. It has been over four years since the incident and I have avoided all intimate contact with females in that time. Partly because I did not want to be hurt like I was and partly to not give, she who shall be referred to only as "The Bitch", any cannon fodder for the inevitable divorce trail.

'Sure. I'm certain I can organise something.' I say trying to be confident.

'No rush. First maybe a glass of that scotch?'

I suddenly realise I'm not being a great host to the owner's daughter, who came back to make sure I would not be impacted by the fires. I get a fresh glass and ice for both of us. We sit watching the fires as the afternoon turns to dusk then night.

The night sky starts to glow and the landscape has vibrating snakes of red Kris-crossing it as the fires slowly moves into the valley.

Rose sat watching her families land be scorched as I made us dinner and opened a bottle of red I planned to drink one of the days I was here in my self-imposed isolation.

As I hand Rose a plate of dinner and a glass of vine she looks at me. 'Trying to get a girl drunk?' She asked.

I get a bit of courage to reply back. 'Oh, I have a feeling one glass will not be anywhere near enough.'

She just laughed at me.

.....

"Hmmm. Good looking. Dry sense of humour, maybe. And judging by this, salad thingy, he just made he can cook too".

'So what is this? Is that pulled pork mixed I with salad?' I ask.

'Yes. Asian mixed salad with a vinegar dressing. You are right, smokey seasoned pulled pork that I do myself. Once smoked, it freezes up so it is easy for me to bring away.'

I cannot believe this guy. I think my pants just got wet. And I squeezed my knees together to stop them flying off. Eat girl to keep your mouth full so you do not say anything stupid.

I agonise in silence for a while before James, yes I do know City Boys name, asks a question.

'The fire and flames set off such vivid images over the landscape at night.'

I know instantly what he means. Living in this area it is not hard to notice the skies over the fires and have heard the stories.

'Yes. The local indigenous communities have stories from The Dreamtime. I'm not great with languages so will not offend the elders by trying to get the pronunciation right, but it roughly translates to The Red Women who ride the Fire Serpents. It is unique to these parts, as the fires racing over the terrain, with the smoke and wind. At night it gives the impression of naked women riding the fire through the night skies. And the fire winds across the landscape like a serpent. It can be very erotic and some locals believe it to be a sign of fertility. for others it is a powerful sign of propagation. Some even suggest what it shows what in modern terms we may refer to as an orgy. Often with big fires there can be three, four or ten women riding a serpent across the earth.'

Oh god, what are you suggestion girl. Too late, need to keep going....

'Of course, we know in the outback that fire is a way in which the native forests regenerate. Hence the fertility or propagation tales. In some indigenous communities the serpent is the Rainbow serpent, but here it is its cousin the Red Serpent that brings sexual pleasure to those who witness and use the blessing they are given from the serpent's energy.'

Oh, that was forward girl. I watch as James thinks this over and then goes back to his dinner and glass of wine. I choose to drop the subject and any conversation for a while.

.....

As I put my empty plate down beside the chair on the porch Rose looks at me. 'Why are you here. Why are you hiding out in the middle of nowhere for a few weeks?'

I think about this. The plan was to be in complete isolation for a few weeks to avoid what that question will lead to.

'I needed to get away from her while all the shit was finalised. I knew if I was close, there would be a chance she could draw me back in. And that is not healthy.'

'Divorce?' She asks.

I just node.

'I'll assume it is nasty. But usually, it is the woman that needs to escape. Can you tell me why?'

'Why its nasty? She did the wrong thing. I was devastated. But thought, maybe we could work it out. That happens right? But she thought I should stay with her and she would not need to show any remorse for what she did. Hell, she even suggested I should support her to do more. Maybe for some, but not me.'

Rose looks at me, her face curious and sad. 'Can you talk about what she did?'

I was surprised. In our neighbourhood of the city, it seemed like everyone knew, so I had never needed tell the story. Maybe that is the first step to recovery.

I go on to tell Rose the story I had kept inside for so long. A story of betrayal and hurt. I held back no details, no punches. All the emotions, the attempts to keep us together. The stupidity of it all.

I tell her how I felt impudent.

As I finish I stare out to the valley of erotic Red Women riding the Fire Serpent.

....

"Oh my, James. How could he have survived that. I think to myself".

From the moment I saw him I thought he was sexy, but the open vulnerability he has just shown makes him even more so. Out here we need to be tough to survive, no one shows emotions right up until the moment they break. So being turned on by an emotional outpouring is not something I have experienced. But fuck me, this City Boy has me wet and tingling all over.

I need to do something. He is hot, movie start gentleman hot. And I cannot waste the blessing we have received from the Red Women and their Fire Serpent.

....

As James sits watching the night sky he is shocked by Rose's next move. Before he can stop her, Rose climbs onto his lap and starts to kiss him passionately as she grinds into his thighs with her tight jeans. He is shocked but does not stop her, instead kissing back passionately as her tongue slides into his mouth to explore his. He can taste her passion as they embrace.

It has been a long time since he has felt and tasted a women, even longer since that woman was not his ex-wife. He removed himself from the temptation of a relationship once he knew he would divorce his Ex. He knew at some point she would try to go dirty on him and find something to balance the ledger in a court case. He knows because Roger made the mistake of "getting one back" just after he blow up his relationship. But she claimed they could have reconciled so he cheated as well. Judge was a little more lenient towards her after that came out. Roger wanted ninety percent of all their joint assets but the Judge gave him a little more than sixty percent.

"But why the fuck am I thinking of this when I have this hot red head kissing me and grinding herself into me after only meeting a few hours earlier".

12