All Comments on 'The Reluctant Psychic Ch. 18'

by only_more_so

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
cancapercancaperover 15 years ago
well done

thank you i read this story as you wwere writing it. got lost a couple of timesbut always found the way very enjoyable read thanks again steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
fantastic

I do read a lot, but I never came accros such a great intriguing story... thanks a lot for letting me read this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
WOW

I loved your story. I obviously decided that I didn't need sleep after I started reading this series. I just couldn't stop reading. You really made the characters come alive. I found myself wanting to kill Gwen's father as an example. You did a great job of pulling us into the story and all I can really say is WOW!!!!

I have added it to my favorites as I know that I will be reading this again. and again

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Can't believe it's over

Fantastic story. I can't believe it is over but you did a great job. Kept me riveted.

AllThatJazz59AllThatJazz59over 15 years ago
What a great read!

This is one of the best stories I've seen posted here. Just one question - When do we get to see TRP-TNG? Raising a bunch of rugrat psychics ought to be worth a paragraph or two!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
next?

You can't stop now!!! We need to know what happens next....and next...and next........

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Thank You

lovely story well written completly engaging left me in sniffles at a few points and at end.

While I would like to see more I think more would be to much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The Story is Over

This story is over, time for a new one. Soon, I hope. Thanks for the Great Story, all its chapters.

SexyClericSexyClericabout 15 years ago
Masterful.

Thoroughly engaging read. Clearly a very touching story, the dialogue was solid, and the characters felt rich and vibrant.

That said, the sex was a little repetitive and vanilla. Fortunately, I believe I speak for the bulk of readers who completed the story when I say, we were more than willing to overlook that slight failing for the overall story. I genuinely cared about the characters' fates, and that is the best compliment I can give your story.

5 well deserved stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wow

That's all there is to say about this whole series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
tears

I have to say that this is the fist story on this site that has had me in tears, the characters seemed real by the end. very nice hope to see more of them.

srgeeksrgeekalmost 15 years ago
The 1st 1.5 chapters sucked really bad, but...

What follows are my unposted comments on Chapter one, then are short comments on the rest of it.

<P>

=== Ch 1 Title "A lot of words, not much substance" =====

<BR>=== Begin Ch 1 comments =====

<BR>The writer seems to be mentally examining and pondering the inside of his navel via the protagonist. Most people get that done before they can talk. I usually look for longer stories, with 18 chapters that have interesting subtitles, I'll struggle on for a chapter or two.

<BR>

=== End Ch 1 comments =====

<P>

The story did get better, but the protagonist didn't get much better. Even given the "Powers" situation, he was very self absorbed and arrogant too although at an unconscious level. Nearly all the other characters were much better done.

<P>

The writing/editing quality is poor throughout, here are two or three examples of the dozens of typonyms <I>see definition below</I> Typonyms result in ridiculous and nonsensical sentences. Examples are :

<BR><B>Typed ====== Meant</B>

<BR>..out.........our

<BR>..but.........put

<BR>..meat.....??not sure??

<P>

<B>Typonym</B> A typonym happens when you type one word, but you mean another word. But they're both words, so the Spellchecker doesn't tell you that the word you typed is the wrong one. Example "board" vs "bored"

<BR>I saw "typonym" used and defined in another Literotica story. I have no idea who invented it.

<P>

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
enthralling

Never expected to use up an entire Sunday afternoon reading a story on Literotica!

Very well written, I have to say!

m_anyonem_anyoneover 14 years ago
Wonderfull

Whew! It took me a while to read thru the whole series, but it was well worth it. Excellent job! I loved it.

I very rarely read stories from the Mind Control category, as it is usually pretty shallow. The reality is that there would be no greater recipe for sorrow than getting your way. This story made this point very well.

I look forward to more stories from you. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Astounding

What a story! (And not just the erotic parts)

That was a marvellous piece of fiction, and very touching too.

It was certainly worth the effort to read all 18 chapters.

I leave, thinking about those I care about most in my life, my loves and my friends.

Thank you :)

tehnubtehnubover 13 years ago
Great Story

This is certainly one of the top stories in Literotica and not just for the sex. This story has great substance and a touching storyline, its one of the rare stories that really draws me in and makes me empathise with its characters. It is so compelling that I simply could not put it down and am saddened when Anna died and the story ended, great story from the first to the last chapter. Full marks for all the chapters! I will be looking forward to your future stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

The is definitely one of my favorite stories I've read. Not only was it erotic but it had an awesome storyline and ending. Bravo mate!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

So...why did Anna fall into the comma to begin with?

UncleMoonUncleMoonalmost 13 years ago
Thank you

Thanks for writing such an awesome story. It was riveting. Well thought and you brought the characters to to life.

hushinghushingalmost 13 years ago
Thankyou

Thankyou for the honor of reading your wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thank you

I appreciated this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you

Well written and thank you for sharing

ladidah89ladidah89over 12 years ago

Damn I liked your story, just wished that Anna woke up in the end. If he could cause her coma, then he should have been able to pull her out of it, overall an intriguing story, just hoped for a happier ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
My thanks

I found your story after completion andso I didn't have to wait for the next part. I have to say that it was a page turner and although sad the ending was inevitable. It only left one question, what happened to make Anna fall into a coma? It only leaves for me to say thank you very much for the time and trouble you put into this story to entertain me as it did. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
That was beautiful

This story was incredible! I recommended it to my friends, but I don't think they believed me when I said I found a story like this on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well written, but bittersweet

As others have said, a beautifully written story, particularly the later chapters, though I'm a bit surprised you ended things without getting into the issue of the girls "stealing" the mind powers. I kept expecting a conflict based on that; even if the protagonist didn't figure it out, I would think the "Anna" persona would have noticed it.

I must say, it's a bit odd to come across such a bittersweet ending on what is theoretically a site dedicated to erotica. The quality of your writing was compelling enough to make me glad I'd found it, but on the whole the story was too much of an introspective downer to be very erotic. I'm thinking it might fit better in the "non-erotic" category, rather than "mind control," just to give potential readers some warning. Especially as it's not entirely clear from the first few chapters just how non-erotic the bulk of the story will be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
OMG

I started reading a Story because I just wanted some erotic Titillation and became so moved that I cried. I can't express how much I loved this story. Not only is it the best I have ever read on this site, It is also One of the most moving things I have ever read.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
one of the best stories ive read

and i mean EVER, not just on this site...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WOW

Just WOW!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A very nice story.

I came for the erotic story. I stayed for the non erotic story. It was a really great tale. Was a little bit repetative at times, but aside from that, very good. Just the sort of mind control I would have written. Beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ENJOYED YOUR STORY.

JUST FINISHED READING "THE RELUCTANT PSYCHIC" STARTED THIS MORNING AT ABOUT 1000hrs, JUST FINISHED IT AT 0140hrs, YOU DID AN EXCELLENT JOB ! THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Solid story by Literotica standards. I just wish some loose ends were tied and we got some closure on things. Magda's sister was introduced and then.... well she did nothing. I wished there would have been some fireworks over the whole "I killed your dad" business. Things were wrapped up with Anna, but you never got around to really finishing things off with the girls. I know this is a mind control story, but I would have liked their love for him to outweigh his powers. Instead the last time we see them they're fawning over him, after it's revealed that his powers are indeed completely responsible for their love for him. And even that would be okay, but we never got any closure about the pregnancies, at least none that involves the girls. And lol, major laugh at Gwen reversing the vasectomy because she got rid of his jeans.

But I understand the loose ends. It looks like this story took two years for you to finish, and I can't fault you since you actually took the initiative to complete it. Glad I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ended?

Story ended? There's still too many loose ends. What about Katie for instance? She was barely introduced and then not heard of again. A great story, but it still feels unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
anon

The time you have taken, away from your professional writing, to write and share this is greatly appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
huh?

I just had a question about something you wrote in chapter 1, you said all his girls cry after sex, but that was the last mention of it. Not really a significant detail just curious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wow

I am a very avid reader, but don't usually look to literotica for real substantive reading. Never would have imagined that I would spend an entire day sitting here reading a story on this site. Your work had more real plot than most Laurell K. Hamilton or Christine Feehan novels. As was mentioned, there are several areas that left me aching for an explanation: why the girls always cry after sex, they can feel me pull out of their minds - they feel lonely, they realize the only gift they have to give me was not enough to heal me- whatever, there needs to be an explanation. Who is that other voice that showed up at the end? I can see it being a grandfather escaped yet again, trying to atone, but again it left a plot hole, what happened with the ADA that thought she was onto a huge prostitution ring and stuck Stefani on the trail? Those kinds of suspicions don't just go away. Why did Anna go into a coma? Was she mildly psychic and the reduced control, lack of experience in maintaining control, and double psychic whammy just push her over? Mostly this is the part of me that reads so fanatically that still wants these answers, the part of me that browses literotica for a quick fun read was quite satisfied with your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Epilogue

I loved this storie so much it felt like a real book but it would have been really nice to se how the kids ended up also you were really good with the Mind control stuff you should write more of them

wannabePinksDadwannabePinksDadabout 11 years ago
Very well done

I enjoyed this immensely. A fine tale of believable characters, plausible mind control and rampant sex. Good on you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nice, but...

Depressing ending. Totally could've played it that he accidentally stole her mind or something, and just needed to put her mind into her body, but nobody has this thought and Anna just dies, fairly boringly. And she just "disappears from his head"? Or what? Liked the series, but thought the ending was a bit disappointing & depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I cried. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wonderful Story

I loved your characters and the definitely cried at the end. It was a fantastic read.

That said...I wouldn't say this is erotica. The sex was all so bland that I skipped it. But I don't think that detracted from the story.

SinCrisisSinCrisisalmost 11 years ago

This was a stunning series. Not so sure this falls under real erotica as the story was above and beyond what normal "sex stories" have. I would love to see a sequel of sorts. Or at least a epilogue. I want to know how he raises his kids, what he teaches them and what kind of great things they go out to do in the world with those abilities.

darkdance69darkdance69almost 11 years ago
Nice Story

It was erotic at points, but mainly it was an unconventional love story and journey towards redemption and forgiveness. I liked the twists of the multiple pregnancies, although I admit I saw it coming, as well as the fact it was actually Anna's pysche that was acting as his conscience. It was worth reading start to finish and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful story

You are a gifted and insightful writer. This story made me laugh and cry, mostly cry. Beautifully written. Thank you!

msrdo20msrdo20over 10 years ago
Too sad

The ending was too sad. I feel sick. I wish I had never read your story. It has changed me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry, it's too long, but I needed to get it out of my mind....

The normally don't read mind control stories as for they seem to be too predictable. The protagonist is the one in control all the times, so there's no sense of insecurity and even the act seems fake. However, in here the main character (I don't recall you told us his name) is not all too perfect. He could hardly control his power properly and also just as soon as the seed leaves his member, his powers disappears too.( I liked that touch)

In addition to vulnerability, you also introduced us to the guilt part which accompanies one who acquires such high powers (which I had seldom found in any of the other stories of this genre). This two characteristics together with his gullible nature made him the perfect protagonist.

The girls and their back stories were designed perfectly. The placement of these stories also made it more mysterious. How you slowly removed the curtain from these mysteries.

One special mention also goes to the character of Anna. Even though she was in coma all along, the persona inside his head constantly reminded him of his mistakes. The loneliness he felt when no one seemed in the house is one of my nightmares. (I could never bear it even if my inner thoughts go silent for even a minute)

You made me go too far on the dark side, that it might take some time for me to cheer up, but I would like add that this experience made me realize something.

Even if you have power to do it, make sure no one's getting hurt because of it.

A very meaningful message in today's society where power (or money) is everything.

Loved your work, thanks for the journey. Hope you keep writing such touching stories.

MindnvaderMindnvaderover 10 years ago
Thank you!

This story brought forth several memories and reminded me that even with all the mistakes that we make in our life, we can still be forgiven and forgive! Very insightful story. A truly engrossing story that captures the reader. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
riviting

I just finished reading all 18 chapters. I could hardly tear myself away from it even to sleep. the story does touch a never in many respects as it reminds us that we do , do bad things in our life and as so often then case we spend a very long and arduous journey in an attempt to atone for them.

I Most say that the final chapter really struck home for me. I found it difficult to ready in one setting as I often found myself becoming emotional and very misty eyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Thank you for this dramatic and cleverly designed story. I was drawn in with astonishing strength and sometimes with beating heart. Congratulation also for your writing technic. I specially liked the way that you insinuated information here and there without spelling them out too clearly so that the develloppement of the plot was not predictable at once. Fascinating. I am looking forward to reading more from you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful Story

This is probably the best story I've read on literotica. Most authors' ideas of story progression is simply making the sexual content more extreme. When read as a whole, The Reluctant Psychic has expert pacing and progression that can stand on its own even without the erotic content .... Although I really wanted to hear Tiffany's backstory, I know that telling the histories of every single girl would have slowed things down too much. .... Thank you for your time and efforts in putting this tale together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A wonderful story

This is the best story that I've ever read on this site. Very moving, Thank you for the great read!

TheGreatBudhaTheGreatBudhaover 9 years ago
amazing!!

This is, without a doubt, one of the greatest stories I've read on this site. I commend you on your amazing ability and hope you continue with your gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
On par with the best I have read in sixty years of reading!

This series was on par with Heinlein, the best I have read since His nineteen seventy novel I will fear no evil. As emotional as riveting as thought provoking, I read it as quickly as I read his works and enjoyed it as much.The sex was as important and necessary to the plot as Heinlein's was maybe more so as to the quantity of the girlfriends involved. I hope there is more in the series as the plot demands to be played out in my mind anyway. I would like to see where the relationship goes with Katia and where the children's Psychic powers and relationships go. Thanks for the best story I have read so far on this site to bad it hasn't been added to in six years my best to the author.

justanyonejustanyoneover 9 years ago
Please Post paypal

Author:

Please post a link to an email address so I can send you a couple of dollars via PayPal. Don't expect much, I'm poor. But, I like this story, and I respect your efforts to create it, and want to reward them a little. It might buy you a candy bar, but it's something.

Thanks for your work and the entertainment you've given me.

mharrisonmharrisonover 9 years ago
Excelent

At first I wasn't too sure about this story but it just kept getting better and better :)

Really enjoyed the whole series. Please do keep writing more like this...

Just one little comment - Personally I prefer longer chapters.... but please don't let that interfere with your writing :)

RB1947RB1947over 8 years ago
Difficult to comment...

This story has moved me so deeply that I find it difficult to leave a meaningful comment.

I see from your profile that you haven't posted any stories for some time. I hope you have continued to write and are now publishing your novels. Thank you for posting this novel. I feel honored to have had the chance to read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Captivating. Moving. Sad. Erotic. Motivating. Insightful. Playful. . Great writing!!!!!

THANK YOU! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
That was wonderful

Thank you

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
Just sorry

there isn't more of this story. If you are still writing and publishing I wish I knew where I could find your other novels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent

What a beautiful story, well written and touching

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 7 years ago

Such a sad ending to such beautiful love story and a story of love lost!! Please keep writing!!

ColoradoKinkColoradoKinkabout 7 years ago
Sad and beautiful story...

Love the series and the main character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I cannot think of a more perfect quote or a more perfect place.

"Tell the angel who will watch over your life to pray now and then for a man who, like Satan, believed himself for an instant to be equal to God, but who realised in all humility that supreme power and wisdom are in the hands of God alone."

I had to google to find where it was from, but it was perfect. Almost like that quote alone was planned from the start and directed the entire story. Well done on a story well written and although I believe this story is done I hope to see more from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

this really needs to be a movie... or 10 movies...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not the end

Just have to say, i loved everything about the story, and how the characters developed throughout. The only thing i did not like, was the conclusion between him and Anna. Guess i prefer the hollywood endings to a lovestory.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
loved the story but...

I loved the story right up to end but the end could have been a bit more positive, I kept on expecting that now that he knows where she is he can put her back into her own mind, that for me would have been the perfect ending with everyone going home but not every story ends in not and laughter

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
need to provide an update

I am hoping for an update on the family as it grows

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

However this entire story twice now in love it great job!!

I agree with one of the other comments that said it should be a movie or 10.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very well done

I know it's not an inappropriate comment for this site, but the only improvement I can suggest is less sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This has been the best story I've read on this site, period. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent work

Not the Disney ending that it's all too easy to hope for, but brilliant nonetheless

I'm heartened to see you've updated your bio and have another story underway, I, like many others, await that with bated breath

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks

Now that was a great unexpected story, thanks for the journey.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Truly wonderful story

This was simply an amazing story. I appreciate how you wrote the scenes of them making love, instead of just having sex. And wow, did I cry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Wow!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

This was an amazing series!! Thanks for your work on this set. I thoroughly enjoyed it more than once.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Came here looking for a complicated story to jerk off too. Ended up crying.

10/10 literature right here.

cindyp1976cindyp1976almost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the story but wish that in the end he had figured out how to free anna. maybe if she had gone out the window when he was at her bedside she would have gone back into her own mind. it could have been a really good plot twist but you also never touched on why he kept getting the migraines when the girls wanted to hide things and why when he would start wondering why they were acting strange he would all of a sudden forget what he was saying or thinking. when he tried to get up from the dinner table and all of a sudden halfway up he couldn't stand and had to sit back down. I think the girls developed some powers of their own and were using them against him when they didn't want him to figure out that they are hiding thing from him and it also makes more sense why he was having sex while sleeping and almost never waking up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing. Thank you

Doombot80Doombot80over 2 years ago

Pretty incredible story. I was not expecting characters to be so in depth, likeable and ultimately human.

Easily a 5 Star all around.

I only have one complaint: The story needed one more small chapter. After the heart wrenching conclusion of the Anna aspect and our hero's acceptance and forgiveness of himself, there are simply too many questions still on the table.

- Once Anna's story comes to an end, what happens with all the other girls? We know they, of course, supported him when he collapsed and his recovery and grief, but what about them? We never see how they dealt with his massive freakout when he was told they were pregnant. We never see him comfort or console them about his final acceptance of his family and his soon to be fatherhood.

- What about Katia? After so much build up about the girls making sure she was a secret and his powers were used up around her, was she ever accepted? Did he come to love her, or her him? With or without his powers? His fears of forcing the girls to love him and whether or not that will happen to Katia is unresolved. That was a big thread to leave undone.

- Why did the girls cry every time they made love, as we were told at the start of the story? Did they all lie to him about being of birth control? Did he cause them to do that because he, and Anna, unconsciously wanted children?

- Who was the other voice that was heard once Anna was released in his mind?

- Was Anna actually drawn into him during the event that caused her coma or was she actually an aspect of his subconscious? I'm okay with this being left ambiguous, but what happens to her at the end leaves a lot of questions. Was it him that kept Anna's body alive all those years, subconsciously hoping he could restore her, only to realize he never really could and just had to let her go?

- What the hell is the MC's name? Did I miss it?

I know the author will not see this, and probably no one else will read it either, but I felt I needed to get these thoughts out there. I did love this story quite a bit and I'm glad to have discovered it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Oof…. I feel like that point was the break through where he could’ve returned and his mind… More than a little disappointed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous