The Renaissance Man Pt. 01

Story Info
The start of the dance.
12.1k words
4.74
34.5k
92
10

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/19/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part one "The Dance"

The flea market was filled with vendors that Saturday morning in March. Each one selling what they had in order to make a buck. I was here for another reason. I was on the hunt. I work as an investigator for the Attorney General's office via the local police department. My area of coverage includes this region. We were working on a tip that stolen items were being sold in our area by an interstate organized crime ring. It had come from the Attorney General's office in Tennessee

Today I was dressed as an older gentleman worn down by time and life. I was hunched over and walked as if I could not straighten up. It clearly looked like the years of life had taken its toll on me. The makeup and molded body parts I used accented the image-making me appear that my age had broken my body down. My worn and faded hat contained a video camera that recorded everything. No one would be able to see my real age as the makeup I had applied hid any traces of my real age. I used a weird-looking thing as a walking aid which had an oxygen tank on with a breathing line to my nose. I was looking for three Hungarian carousels made in the late eighteen hundred.

I deliberately walked slowly to enhance my image. The running shoes I had on needed the laces to be tied up. I was one row over from the food vendors when I saw them. They were each priced for more than I had in cash on me. At the moment there were two very well dressed ladies looking at them closely. It was clear to see that from the vender's point of view; they had the appearance of having money. No doubt he was going to milk them for as much as he could. Looking over the area I noticed the six vehicles with out of state plates. The tip had been right. I made sure the hidden video camera caught the plates.

One of the females was a few years older than the other. Both were quite good looking. I moved in to hear the older one of them trying to talk the vendor down. She spoke like she had knowledge about the item. I knew I had to find a way to make it appear that she did not.

I knelt down to inspect them as my camera continued to record. I lifted the first one up on an angle to see if I could find a serial number. My camera captured it. I repeated the process on all three. I smiled. It was a gold mine. I had found what I was looking for. I had a serial number that matched. Now I had to find a way to buy them. I began to tap on them as if to appear that I was listening to the sound it made. Looked at the cord lines with serious interest. I had gotten the vendor's attention.

The lady wasn't happy the vendor wasn't willing to negotiate on the price.

Finally, she said. "I give up let's go, Tina," as she started to walk away.

I mumbled in broken English "Good thing because these are not real but cheap Russian made imitations made in the nineteen-thirties"

"How do you know that?" the one named Tina asked.

"The Russians put serial numbers on theirs and since we can't prove they work I would only by them for parts," I replied mumbling.

The vendor's face went white so did the ladies face who was trying to buy just one.

"So, what would you be willing to buy them for?" the vendor asked.

I mumbled, "at the most a hundred bucks."

After making a quick phone call he said: "If you can take them with you, sold."

I paid the man with five twenty-dollar bills. Making sure I caught his face in the camera as I counted them out to him. Less than two minutes later my weird walker was dismantled and reset. It was now a cart with four wheels. The three, two-foot-high, three feet wide carousels were being slowly pulled by me. I had shut my video camera off by using an app on my cell.

I cut between the vendors into the food section headed back towards my truck. What I came looking for had been found. The vendor and I would be meeting again later that day. The heat of the day was getting to me as underneath the body molds I was beginning to sweat. I was now walking faster than I had before. I was looking forward to getting out of my disguise. That was when the same two ladies caught up to me. I quickly turned the cam back on.

The older lady was a natural redhead whose curls were being twisted and turned by the breeze. Her look reminded me of Maureen O'Hare who starred with John Wayne in the movie McLintock. With those sparkling blue eyes, vibrate smile and the determination to match I knew she was going to be a handful. Just by watching that movie on reruns I knew how I would have to handle her. If she acted the way I figured she would I would have to act as he did.

"You are a crook and I'm calling the cops!" She said as she came to a stop directly in front of me. The idiot was drawing attention to me that I did not want.

I mumbled, "Get lost lady" and continued walking.

She grabbed my arm trying to keep hold of me. I pulled it loose and stepped to the side of her. I could see her temper rising as she swung at me. Those watching us could hear how hard it landed on the side of my face.

"Calm down young lady. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into." I mumbled to her.

She started to swing again so I straightened up standing completely upright causing her to lose her balance and fall into me.

"It's been a long time since a youngling through herself at me. Thank you for giving me that thrill again." I mumbled well laughing.

My smart assed remark seemed to inflame her anger more.

Her next swing landed on my left cheek.

"That's three, don't do it again," I mumbled.

I pushed past her and moved on. A few more minutes and I was at my truck which was a small moving van. That Lady was persistent and just would not give up. She was still right beside me like a dog who had found a bone. I had reached the point that I had enough of her ongoing interference.

"I'm calling nine one one." She said. "there never were carousels made in Russia. I know I just Googled it."

I couldn't argue that point because I knew the lady was right. I just needed the vendor to believe that so I could purchase them as cheap as possible.

"No call ___ ____ and ask for Beth and put the speaker on." I mumbled and said, "and explain the situation to her."

I opened the back of the van and began loading the carousels into it. Beth asked her who she was and how she got this number. As I listen to her explain to Beth what had transpired. Once done I turned in front of Miss know it all and spit the two marbles, I had in my mouth out. The two ladies were shocked that I could do something they considered gross.

"Hey, Beth, have you got her name and all the basic's," I asked in a clear voice. Beth said yes. "Then tell this halfwit just who I am."

"Trish, His name is James Scott Tait. let's just say he's an undercover cop." Beth explained.

It was fun watching this twit go into complete shock. Maybe she just realized that she had bit off more than she could chew.

"Beth, I will forward by email a video. I found those carousels we were looking for and bought them." I said with authority. "Let the captain know there are about six different vendors working together. All from out of state. I got visuals of their plates. Let me know via my cell when the team ready to come in. I will join them in the takedown. Run a background check on this lady. I will detain her till you get back to me before I decide what to do."

"What are you thinking of charging her with," Beth asked.

"Three accounts of assault, a charge of interference with an officer in the line of duty, aiding and abating in the process of a crime. I got it all recorded with the video." I said in anger. "The way the two of them are overdressed. They were not shopping for products but looking for the kind of trouble that comes with two legs. She's a BBBB and that means trouble. With the mood this twit has put me in I'm going to give her exactly what she wants."

"Scott, calm down," Beth said. "I've never heard you this angry."

I ordered Trish Malley to stick her hand out. The way she was looking at me said it all. Taking the cuffs out I cuffed her right hand and attached the open side to the step-up support handle at the side. She went to speak. I hushed her.

"The best thing you can do for yourself is to remain quiet and don't say a word," I said. "The last thing you want to do is dig the hole you're in deeper."

I could see a slow burn showing up on her face. With that temper, if she wasn't worried, she would have let me have it.

I took off my hat which had my long scraggly hair attached to it. Trish and the lady with her watched as I took the chip out. Reaching into a sports bag I pulled out my laptop turned it on and sent the video in. I then upload a copy into the laptop. Took out the original one and bagged it marking it as evidence.

From the sports bag, I pulled out another chip and made a copy of the video to the chip.

"How do you know Trish?" I asked the younger lady with her.

"She's my older sister. My name is Tina." She said.

"Well if your parents sent you with her to chaperone her it didn't work. She still got herself in a lot of trouble." I said. "You don't ask a dimwit to look after a halfwit at any time."

"We were just killing time this morning before our lunch date," Tina said with a smile.

"This is a copy of the video I took today," I said handing to her. "Her lawyer may find it useful. I'd offer it to the halfwit, but she most likely would lose it."

Tina started to laugh. "She actually not that dumb."

"After what she did to me you would have a hard time convincing me of that," I said.

"You're not going to give her a break, are you?" she noted.

With that, I walked around to the front of the van and turned the box lights on. I came back and climbed into the box explaining I was going to get out of the rest of my disguise. I pulled down the back door from the inside.

It took me about ten minutes. I could hear the two sisters talking about the situation the older one was now in. The body mold was built into the clothing. Taking the makeup, false nose and beard off took the time. I used actors lotion to wash it off of my face. Once done I stepped out fully clothed wearing blue jeans, and a custom made blue jean shirt. My gun was secure in a hidden inside pocket. I now looked like I normally did.

I came out to find I had to very surprised ladies looking at me. My appearance had changed that much. At age thirty-three, I still had a lean straight frame with no body fat since I worked out regularly. I had inherited my mother's side of the family genes and was six foot two. I turned and pulled the door down locking it.

My cell rang.

"Hi, Beth, What's up."

"Scott it will be about three hours before they can get there. Some of the guys have to go home and get changed. The Captain doesn't want us coming in uniformed. We don't want them to have a chance to run." Beth said.

"That's ok I will stay and watch," I said.

"As for Trish Malley. She's a registered nurse, aged twenty-nine, never married. Works in the hospital in the maternity ward. No history of anything. Go easy on her." Beth suggested. "I have seen the video, I too Googled, what she said was the truth. I just think her anger got to her because you seemed to be able to push her buttons. It's also clear by your reaction she did the same to yours. Think about it before rushing to judgment."

"Ok thanks," I replied ending the call.

I looked at Trish Malley with a fresh set of eyes thanks to Beth's third party wisdom and decided I was overreacting just as much as she had.

I undid the cuff on the support handle then took it off of Trish Malley's wrist.

"I'm giving you a break and dropping all the charges except for one, because of your very public harassment of me the crooks may have been tipped off," I said. "If we have a successful takedown the only remaining charge of interference will be mute. If not, I will arrest you where you work on Monday. You're free to go."

I started to walk away.

"James, wait for me," Trish said. "I'm not leaving your side until I know for sure I'm not going to be charged."

"Don't you think our appointment is important too?" Tina asked.

"Yes, but this horse's ass can do anything," Trish said. "He's already shown it. If I am going to be facing charges, I am going to know what it's for. This way, he will have to take me in today instead of Monday."

I had refused to stop so Trish had to run to catch up to me.

"Are you always so cold and rude James," Trish asked when she got to my side.

"Scott, I use my second name and I don't get friendly with those I may have to charge," I said. "I have to keep it straight and clean."

"Then I guess we will just say if anyone asks that I am being detained until it all plays out," Trish stated. "Tina call Mom and cancel the luncheon."

We headed towards the food court where there were several picnic tables available and tied down with stakes and chains. I picked the one that allowed me the best view of the vendor I had bought the stolen goods from. I asked the ladies if there was something they would like to eat. They both said they loved sausage but the vendor who sold them did a poor job cooking them so they would do without.

I smiled pulled out my wallet and handed it to Trish saying. "Go to the juice vendor and ask him for three of his Scott specials. If he refuses payment open my wallet, show him my badge and ask him if he is trying to get you further in trouble."

I got up and said, "I will meet you back here if Tina will keep our seat."

A few minutes later I returned with the sausage vendor carrying four plates. Trish had already returned with our cold drinks. Once I had set the ones, I was carrying I took my seat.

"He tried just as you said he would," Trish said as she handed me back my wallet. "He helped me carry them back. On the way, he told me you were a good man and also disclosed that without your help he would not be here today. I guess he was trying to make me feel better about my situation without prying."

I introduced Barry to the ladies. Then I asked them to taste the four different styles the sausage was prepared in and give us their honest opinion. Both had their favorites but in general thought, they were all a big improvement from what they had tried before. Barry thanked me over and over again before I had a chance to explain.

"Barry those are your wife's recipes that you refused to try," I said. "Go close up and on your way home pick up some roses and beg her for forgiveness for being such a stubborn ass."

I watched him walk away and said. "I don't know how a sweet woman like his wife could fall in love and marry an asswipe like him."

"Are you always this opinionated?" Trish asked.

"Only with those, I feel comfortable with," I said. Tina laughed.

We had been there about an hour making small talk without revealing too much. When Tina spoke. "We have a very determined lady walking this way. She appears to be looking right at you Scott."

"About five foot six, long brunette hair, blue eyes, most likely wearing skintight blue jeans that accent her sexuality and wearing a white blouse with a yellow butterfly embroidery sewn in," I said without looking.

"How did you know?" Tina asked.

"That's Linda," I said. "I swear she can smell my scent a mile away. She's the daughter of a good friend of mine. I could be a needle in a haystack and that girl would find me."

I watched Trish and Tina's eyes as Linda walked towards me picking up speed. When she reached me, she stood behind me wrapping her arms around my neck. Then she leaned down to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you going to introduce me as your girlfriend, Scott," Linda asked?

"Linda this is my mistress and her sister, their names are Trish and Tina!" I said with a straight face. "You can figure out for yourself which is which."

It was interesting to see the two T's trying not to tell me off.

Linda stood straight up. Her face got determined as she spoke. "Ladies if this is true then we have a real problem. I will not let you be involved with this man; He's mine! I'm going to marry in just over two years."

"Dream on girl, I'm too old for you," I said with a smile. "After all, Linda if I was a couple of years older, I could be your dad."

"Yes, he could." Said her father.

I turned to see him and his wife. "Hi, Bill, hi Marge good to see you again. Trish and Tina, I'd like you to meet Linda's parents."

After Bill had sent his daughter to get them all some fries and cokes, he said we were stopped for a red light. When she saw your truck. She was out of the car and over the fence before the light changed.

"You got a nice looking daughter Bill how old is she," Trish asked.

"Sixteen a week ago." He replied noticing their surprise. "I know she can pass for twenty at least thanks to him."

That was when I caught the questioning look from Trish. I frankly didn't give a dam.

It was then my notification signal went off. I read the text it said ten minutes. Marge and Linda had returned we were all chatting as a group. When my cellphone I stepped away to answer it noticing that Trish was watching me. I returned to say it was time for me to go to work.

Before leaving I winked at Trish and said, "it's turned out to be a good day for someone after all. It appears that she is now off the hook."

We moved in the six of us to take the group of about fifth teen down. I got jumped and was trying to take two men down when their wives decided to join in, in an attempt to stop me from arresting them. A crowd of watchers had started to gather. I had gotten one down and had started to cuff him when I felt the knife penetrating my shoulder blade.

At that moment Linda said "Scotts being hurt I got to go," and started to run off towards me. Trish told Tina to run to their car and get her medical kit. Linda pushed through the onlookers. Her parents and Trish followed.

"Get your hands off of my man you two bitches," Linda yelled.

One of the women still fighting with me turned and went towards Linda while holding the knife. Linda rushed towards her and kicked it out of her hands. Her second blow knocked the wind out of her. Before she caught her breath, Linda kicked the side of her face knocking her out.

"One down one to go," Linda said as she pulled the second female off me throwing her to the ground. As she was getting up Linda kicked her hard forcing her down again.

I handed Linda a couple of hand ties and told her to tie their hands up behind their back and take their right shoe off. While I secured the second man.

Afterward, I walked over to her as the crowd watched in complete silence. I was completely oblivious to the fact that I was bleeding.

"Thanks, Lynn," I said. "For saving my ass."

I noticed that she had started to cry so I pulled her into my chest figuring she was coming to terms with what had just happened.

"it's the first time you called me Lynn and acknowledged that I am a woman with all the feeling," she said. "Now give me a proper thanks like you would if I was your woman."

"I can't if I did that your dad could rightfully throw me in jail," I replied.

Bill hearing what I said, said: "Give her what she wants Scott. After what she did she deserves it."

I leaned down lowering my head to her as she was raising hers. I held her tight and gave her a deep long French kiss as if she was my woman. Then I started walking away.

"Scott!" Linda said. "I' will no longer believe that you don't believe in love because that kiss showed the real truth about how you feel."

I turned and faced her. "Lynn I never said I didn't believe in love. I said because of my family's history that its best for all that I don't allow myself to love. Sad to say it's still true."

By this time Tina had brought back Trish's medical bag. Trish ran up to me as I was walking away.