The Renaissance Man Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Trish looks like we will have to watch out," I said. "that is, one pissed off young lady whose going to be on the warpath."

When we pulled into Stew's place both he and his wife were at the front door waiting to invite us in. Dawn had to see the ring first thing. Stew had to pour us all a drink, so we ended up having a Rye and Coke.

"Scott I better warn you, Lacy and her boys are the bands that are playing tonight," Dawn said. "You know you're going to be asked to sing a few tunes."

"Look, let her know I will do four songs at the start of her second session." I said, "but the catch is she has to have the band back me on a fifth with a rift of three or four cords."

Stew tossed the tickets in front of me. I went to get my wallet out. He said to put it away it's our way of saying congrats to the two of you.

"Dawn do you still have time to make a special liquor run before you set up the bar for the night?" I asked.

"For you yes," she said. "What do you need?"

"Enough medium champagne for eight and everything that goes with it," I said. "Not only did Trish get her ring yesterday, but it was her mother's birthday. We are celebrating both tonight."

Her eyes lit up and she said, "you willing to pay for the equipment and donate it to the legion?"

"Of course, as long as you don't go overboard," I said with a smile.

"What songs will you be singing," Trish asked?

"According to Lacy, years ago Scott was hired at a concert as a grunt." Dawn explained. "The artist playing was known for the playing of the blues. During a break in the concert, the artist overheard Scott say anyone can play someone else's song. A true blues player can turn any song into the blues."

"So, when the artist came back on stage, he called me out," I said. "He didn't figure I'd do it. I came out, took the hat off his head and sat down at the piano. I place a single bottle of red wine on it and started playing a blues version of Neil Diamonds "Red Red Wine."

"Lacy said when he started the song the crowd went silent, by the time he was done there were audible sounds of weeping. It was if they could feel his pain." Dawn said. "the only instrument used was that piano."

Trish said "If you were that good at it? Why didn't you pursue it?"

"It wasn't what I wanted in life," I said. "I had other dreams to chase."

Trish took my hand in hers," I'm glad you did."

It was almost four o'clock in the afternoon we quickly went to Trish apartment and walked out with a bunch of clothes. I had to make five trips carrying her stuff of hangers and load them on a bar at the back of the box. Thankfully the dance started at nine.

Trish had to have a bubble bath before dressing after we had moved in all of the clothing she had brought over. I had her take a flute of wine with her. I went and put the truck back into the garage and brought out my ford explorer for the evening. I then went up and got ready.

I was in awe when Trish came down the steps dressed for the evening. She was wearing a long length low cut red dress with matching heels. Her red hair hung down resting on her shoulders. I had never seen her look so elegant. I was wearing black dress pants a blue shirt and a black sports coat.

When we arrived, everyone was there before us. During the band's first break while at the bar to get more drinks, I passed John the gift I had for Trish. I told him that I was going to be called up to sing five songs. When I sang the fourth song by 'Johnny Nash' I wanted him to give it to his daughter. Sure, enough I got called up by Lacy.

I started by saying that there were four stages to the blue. The first was right after the breakup. I did my version of Good time Charlies got the blues. The second was when time had taken you to the bottom. I had placed a bottle of red wine on the piano. I sat down and started playing Neil Diamond's Red Red Wine. It sounded like the piano itself was weeping. At times using one hand only on the piano I would grab the wine bottle and drink out of it. The way it came across it appeared that the wine was now my lover.

The third was the stage of nothingness. To illustrate that I sang a song made famous by Johnny Cash, Sunday Morning coming down. I watched John pass the gift to Trish. The envelope covering the small card said to my 'BBBB'

I watched her open the envelope and read the flower sized card inside. It read to my beautiful bewitching bitchy bitch with love.

I started by saying that the fourth stage was when you started living again. I sang I can see clearly now.

Trish had handed the card to her mother. I watched as she read it. She still had a smile on her face as her tears flowed.

I said it is only after this journey is over that you realize you did it to yourself because you did not know what love was at all.

That was when I had the band play the rift. Trish walked up to me with her tears flowing until she joined me on the stage as I wound down the ending of the song.

To the good ole boys who still call me a friend. Let me leave you with this warning as this song ends. When you see that Beautiful Bewitching Bitchy Bitch walking towards you, run. For the moment your eyes meet hers a lifetime of Woman trouble has begun.

I led Trish on the dance floor. As the band played at my request lady in red. No one joined us but they gave us a stand ovation when we walked off the floor.

We got back to our table. John and Robert had gotten the champagne. We toasted Helen and congratulated her.

"Trish, you got to admit that Scott described you to a T when he called you a 'BBBB" Helen said with pride. "I love it. Now open the gift."

I watched as Trish unwrapped it slowly. Inside was two earnings that said 'BB' and a silver necklace with an ornament that said 'BBBB.' Both were made of small even diamonds.

Tina help Trish put the necklace on after she had put the earrings on. All the ladies thought the set was beautiful. Trish after smothering me in kisses had to run to the bathroom to see how she looked.

My girlfriend's mother looked at me while smiling and said, "Well done."