The Renaissance Man Pt. 03

Story Info
Learning to waltz.
12.5k words
4.84
23.1k
40
10

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/19/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part 3 Learning to waltz

Terri followed her older sister into the lady's washroom. Taking her cellphone with her, As Trish looked in the mirror Terri took a couple of quick image shots catching her reflection in the mirror. Trish's face was glowing.

"It's beautiful," Trish said. "I have never seen anything like it. It's as if it was custom made for me. I don't think there another one like it."

"There's not," a young lady said. "Jayson designed it for Mr. Tait at the material cost. I learned that Scott had done a major repair on something valuable for my boss for a favor down the road. He told Scott it still wasn't enough value for that which he had received. Scott said it is to me because who it's for means everything to me."

Trish turned to the lady and asked, "How much did it cost?"

"I can't tell you that, it would cost me my job," The young lady said. "Jayson appraised the set for twenty-eight thousand dollars for insurance purposes. It's truly beautiful on you. Jayson said Scott had designed the style and the lettering. Is it ok I take your image to show him?"

Trish said yes so, the lady did.

That was when their cousin walked out of the stall and said, "Why did Trish pick a lousy loser like Scott, he's been afraid of women for years. At least that's what I believe. Others always thought most of us we're not good enough for him or that he was gay and is too ashamed to admit it."

"Fran Brown you take that back now," Trish said. "Scott is twice the man you've ever had and like the slut you are they try you out once and run."

She refused. Terri slugged her a big one while saying. "We are all hoping he's going to be part of the family. Speak ill of him again and I will kick the shit out of you. Got it, bitch. You can talk gutter trash about anyone but Scott. To the Malley family, he's untouchable."

"Terry lets finish this outside," Fran said. "It's time you learned you're not as good as you think. Scott's shit stinks like everybody else's so get off your high horse."

"Agreed, Trish go back to the table and cover for me while I settle this for good," Terry said as she took off her rings handing them to her. "Tell Scott I expect a slow dance with him when I get back."

Trish smiled. The feud between these two had been going on for quite a while. Fran was going down big time, but she didn't know it. It wouldn't be a fair fight. Terry had her faith in Scott to back her and that would carry her to an easy win. Fran would learn the hard way just how painful it could be to go against a woman and her living God.

I was out on the dance floor with Dawn when Trish returned to our table. Dawn said we have had two rounds bought for the whole table. Lacy had asked me if their band could have the last song I had sung. I said it's yours. It seems they recorded while they played it and figure it could be a huge hit.

Dawn decided she wanted a second, so we stayed for another song. John and Trish joined us on the floor. I walked her back to her table after we were done. Stew and I talked for a few. He had to admit that he had to see it to believe it. He now had no doubt that Trish and I were in love.

As soon as I got back to our table Robert had Trish headed to the dance floor. Helen said come on Scott it is our turn. We were dancing a slow one.

She whispered to me, "You have made this one of the top five events in my life without even trying. Everyone has been telling me how much my daughter has changed, and they are right, I give you all the credit."

I replied, "We both have changed, your daughter has convinced me to love. Although I have to admit we both did it the hard way."

"Just remember it is believed that those who have experienced the worst when they find that one love there will never be a reason to doubt. No matter what test is thrown in front of them," Helen said. "I've been floating on air since you came into Trish's life. Each time I turn around you and Trish keep sending me higher. Calling her a beautiful bewitching bitchy bitch fit her to a T until you, by being you changed her. That's shown us all the real power of love."

When we had returned to the table Terry had rejoined us. Before I could sit down, she said it's my turn. Brad took Trish out to the floor.

We were dancing when I whispered into her ear "Nice job in the cleanup but you missed a few spots of blood. I hope it's not because of something serious."

Terry blushed and said, "The bitch that had it coming for a long time, is a cousin. Please don't tell Robert. He wouldn't understand. Unfortunately, this was one of those few times I could not turn my cheek and walk away."

"How bad was the damage?" I asked.

"She's on the way to the hospital with two black eyes and a broken nose," Terri said with a huge grin. "That bitch will never speak a bad thing about my future brother in law again."

I laughed and said, "If you need an alibi you got one."

When we left the dance floor Terri was face was beaming so much that Robert said if I had not have seen it, I would not believe it. From hating to having a great relationship in just one day had him wondering what Trish said to his wife that would cause things to work out this way?

Finally, Trish and I got back on the floor for a couple, before Lacy and her boys finished for the evening. Trish and I were again called out on the floor. This time using a wireless mouth mike I had to sing Lady in red as Trish and I danced. This time the whole dance floor was filled. They closed the evening by announcing that it was Helen Malley's birthday and sang happy birthday to end the evening. As we prepared to go home, we all agreed we had covered the family Sunday dinner.

Trish on the way home said it had been a long time since she had enjoyed dancing so much. I agreed this weekend had been a busy one.

Trish finally got to sleep in her new bed for two nights in a row. I drove her to work Monday morning as she explained what changes she was going to bring into our home to give it that feminine touch.

------

Jennifer had sensed something was up with Trish as soon as she got to work on Monday morning. Trish was worried about something but was not saying anything. For some reason, Trish was being very quiet. It had been two weeks since she had seen her. Trish was clearly worried about something and it showed. Although Jenifer tried, she could not get her girlfriend to open up; she was beginning to believe that Trish and Scott had broken up.

It was just after the lunch that all hell broke loose. A lady had come in asking for Trish it appeared that she had something very serious on her mind. Jen estimated the age of the lady to be in her mid-twenties. When Trish saw her, she approached her carefully. It told Jen that these two had history, and something was up.

The two of them had been in a deep discussion for quite a while. Jennifer could tell the conversation was becoming very heated. Neither one appeared to be backing down, yet no one appeared to be winning so Jen thought she should contact security in case it got worse. The last thing the ward needed to see was a catfight break out in the open.

"Look, Linda," Trish said now loud enough for everyone to hear, "Scott helped me restore some furniture for my parents. We had to move some of my parent's furniture to make room for what we had completed. That's why we were at my sister's on Saturday. What I do with Scott is really none of your business. You and I both know that no one owns Scott. He is his own man. So, based on who and what he is why would you think he is in love with me?"

"I have loved him for years so back off of Scott. As I said before he is mine. I saw with my eyes how close you were sitting to him and how you looked at him. You're not going to convince me that you're not in love with him." Linda said. "You and I are going to have a major problem if I see the two of you together again."

Trish was getting tired of this conversation because it was going nowhere. Linda could not be persuaded to drop it. Trish was ready to end it any way she could even if it ended up costing her job.

Stephen had noticed them as he walked down the hall. Trish was looking very frustrated so he thought he would step in.

"Excuse me," said Stephen. "Does this lady have a reason to be here Trish?"

"No, not really, she's just worried about a situation that doesn't exist," Trish responded. "Except in her juvenile mind."

Stephen took Linda's arm and started to move her off the floor. The next thing he knew he was flat on the floor. Linda had her one-inch heel resting on the crotch area of his body. If she applied pressure, there would be major damage. Never in his life had he been taken down so fast.

"Touch me again Mister and you will lose your balls," Trish said with a lot of authority. "Believe me asshole I will do that. All you have to do is go for it."

"Lady you're crazy I'm going to charge you for this," Stephen said in anger. "Nobody makes me look like a fool."

"Go for it! You'll lose. I will just say you touched me inappropriately," Linda said. "I'm sure that at my age the court will agree with me."

"Think about it Stephen for a minute, I was right next to both of you and saw nothing," Trish said. "She moved that fast. Linda just turned sixteen a few months ago. She is legally still a minor. The last thing you need is to be accused of assaulting a minor. I will get Linda to let you up so you can escort her out. Don't attempt to touch her again. Linda this conversation is over, go home."

Linda let Stephen up. Trish watched them until they entered the elevator.

"Whew! I'm glad that's over I've been waiting for that to happen all day," Trish said with a huge smile. "it went better than I thought. Neither one of us is going to jail."

"Okay girlfriend," Jennifer said. "Out with it all. If that was a sixteen-year-old girl, then I'm a monkey's uncle."

"Linda is a girl who has had a serious adolescence crush on Scott. She saw us together last Saturday. A few years back Scott bailed the family out of a bad situation. The cost was that Linda matured in a lot of ways to fast. As a result, every male she meets is compared to my Scott." Trish then reached into her pocket and slid a ring onto her finger. "Lynda believes she is in love with him. Scott and I expected this to happen but did not know when."

"A promissory ring," Jennifer gasped. "Scott and you?"

"I got it Friday afternoon," Trish explained. "I had to hide it until I had confronted Linda. I'm going to have to call her mother and let her know about what just transpired."

"Details," Jen said.

"We had just finished moving the furniture into Mom and dad's house. Scott and Brad were taking down to the tent they had erected so we could work on it. When the structure came tumbling down, I ran out in a panic. Scott was buried underneath a bunch of pipes completely knocked out," Trish explained. "I lost it big time because I was afraid that he was dead. I said something that Tina had to question. That's when we finally admitted to each other that we were in love. I got the ring that same afternoon."

"How did your Mom take it," Jen asked. "When she found out."

"She's ecstatic. It's going to take her weeks to come back down from the clouds to the planet earth," Trish said. "Mom and Dad learned Friday night when we took them out for dinner. Since the day I brought Scott into our lives she has been flying. She believes that Scott brought me back from where I was. Dad is having a lot of difficulties in dealing with her emotional swings."

"Your mother is seeing the old you," Said Jen. "Just like I am. Perhaps its best I explain that it's like time has reversed the changes in you that came as a result of that horrible day."

Trish thought about it and had to admit to a point that they were right.

I arrived about ten to seven to pick Trish up. Her sister Tina was there bringing Trish two large Macy bags of her clothing. She and Jennifer were in a discussion about what happened between Trish and Linda. I listened with keen interest.

Trish had gone in the back and pushed her hair back behind her ears so that everyone could see her diamond earrings. She had also pulled out her necklace from beneath her uniform. She walked out and stood beside me.

"Okay Ladies, can I have your attention for a minute," Trish asked.

The three other nurses looked at her and me.

"This is Scott, my intended. He gave me my promissory ring on Friday," Trish said. "Then on Saturday, I got this gift, my new earrings, and necklace. To make it simple I've already started to move in with him."

After congratulations and oohs and awes by all, Jen said. "Scott, when do I get the chance to sit down with Trish and you to get the whole story."

I replied, "Since your schedule is the same as Trish why don't you come to our place for lunch on Thursday. Bring your bathing suit and I will open up the pool."

"We have a pool," said Trish. "Where?"

"It's hidden beneath the large patio deck you thought was extreme," I said, "The deck opens up to reveal it."

"I'll need direction to get to your place," Jen said with a smile.

I watched Trish text her saying we live in the Christmas cottage.

Jen looked at the text message and said, "Is this for real, I love that place. My daughters and I go look at it during the season at least three times."

I nodded my head to confirm that it was.

Trish handed her sister the phone and let her read the text. Tina said, "Brad lives down the same county road with his parents. That's why he has a key to your house and knows the alarm code."

"Here Scott," Tina said, "I should hand these to you. Trish, should I start advertising for a roommate starting in September for the school year?"

"Yes, I think you should," Trish replied. "I've always wanted to be a December Bride."

Tina looked at me and mouthed when. I mouthed back September.

---------

Jennifer found our place after calling Trish for directions on where our driveway was. When she came through the break in the Canadian Hemlock trees, she discovered how huge the place was. Trish greeted her at our front door. I was preparing to open up the pool, so I was moving the patio furniture around to safe areas. Using a leaf blower, I made sure the whole area was swept clean.

The first thing Jennifer said, "The place is so confusing when you drive by it looks like a little cottage yet when you actually pull into its hidden driveway you find the place is huge."

"It took me a while to realize the side of the house is built into the hill, so what your seeing is the second floor that has an outside entrance off the second floor," Trish explained.

I showed Trish the controls for the deck.

"Trish this picture on the wall hangs over the buttons for the pool," I said as I swung the door open. "The top is to open it up the bottom is to close it down. "

'Who's that picture of, I see a family resemblance," Trish asked?

"My Uncle James and his wife," I replied. "That was taken over thirteen years ago."

Both Jennifer and Trish were surprised to see how the deck lowered itself down and retracted back beneath the rest of the floor. With that done I went and set up the equipment for the pool while the ladies went and got changed. The pool went from three feet to eight feet deep and had a hot pool at the back.

I made them a couple of glasses of orange juice and champagne before changing into my trunks. I left them on the kitchen counter while they toured the house. Jen seemed really impressed with what Trish was showing her. I started doing the prep work for lunch while Trish and Jen talked. Trish went through everything from the day we met not leaving out the littlest detail. I asked Trish to answer my cell while I was in the pool. I was in the deep end when Trish answered the phone.

I heard her say, "This is Trish I am answering Scott's phone for him."

After a few seconds, Trish says, "A Mrs. Patricia Roseburg says they want it."

"Tell her that I want it in my own name, and I will call her back after I have made lunch," I said.

The next thing I heard was Trish explaining to the lady who had called me who she was. Pat would be grilling Trish to the tenth degree. Since I knew that Patricia would be excited beyond believe I knew she would be trying to figure out why now? What had changed in my life to allow this? For years she had been trying to get me to come out. Now I was giving her the go-ahead to actually do it.

When I climbed out of the pool to start cooking lunch Trish finally got off the phone.

"Who is Pat and what was that all about?" Trish asked me. "When I told her what you wanted to do, she grilled me with everything she could think of."

"She's a marketing editor for a publishing company that I am under contract to as a ghostwriter for various projects," I answered.

Trish in surprise said, "How long have you been doing this?"

"For a few years," I replied. "I do most of the writing when winter starts coming in and manage to get one job done when it starts to thaw."

"Would my mother know her," Trish asked. "She's been in the printed material distribution for years."

"That's a good question. You will have to ask her," I said.

Over the meal, I learned that Jennifer had been married for over eight years. Trish had been the maid of honor at their wedding. She had two daughters aged eight and six. Her husband's name was Ron. That Trish and she had been friends since grade eight. Jen found it a hoot on how Trish and I had met.

"When she told me the major highlights, I thought she was exaggerating but those videos proved me wrong," Jen said. 'It's hard to comprehend that your minor was drama in school."

After lunch, I returned Pat's call to her. There was one big problem in her eyes. I was no longer under contract. My obligation to them had been filled. Thus, a discussion began on terms and conditions. I would never accept their first offer. It took two weeks of heavy negotiations before the deal was finalized.

"Trish, can you get another permanent time off day in two or three weeks," I asked.

"Yes, I have lots of hours," She said, "but why do you want me to do that?"

"Thanks to Pat, I have to go to New York City," I explained. "I would like you to go with me."

---------

Early Sunday morning I got up before sunrise because I could not sleep. I texted Trish saying I was going out to my workshop. The coffee is set up to be made you just have to turn it on. I added, 'when you go out of your bedroom door this morning clap your hands'.

Afterward, I brought in and set up the surprise I had for her outside of her door. I had made a special stand for it and had the item I had purchased and restored under lighted glass. Once I plugged it in it was ready to go. When she clapped her hands, it was set up to all come on. I thought I was doing something cute. I was proved quite wrong.

I had been hard at work on another ongoing project that took time as each horse piece had to be taken out and cleaned. The wooden poles they rested on were in various stages of shape. The Swiss-made mechanical parts for the three pieces had all been bought at once. The wooden parts were spread out all over the table identified and labeled to where they belonged. As I had torn it apart, I had written the road map to put it back correctly.

Some of the wooden parts I had to remake from scratch. Making a small wooden piece sometimes took longer than making something big. This was the second one I was working on for Trish. To most, who saw me doing something like this would say it was a wasted effort. To me, it was a way of restoring or bringing back history.

I must have dozed because the next thing I knew in my eyes I saw Brad and a police officer. The police officer detained me by cuffing my hands behind my back. I knew this was normal if they were called into a domestic situation. I was wondering who would make a call about this place and why?