The Renaissance Man Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dad," I said. "After the minister asks who gives her away, I want you to go and stand to the left side of the minister just as mom is."

"Dad, Scott and I had this all planned," Trish said. "That's why we got you the same tux as the rest of the men. Mom and you will be sitting at the head table."

"I've never seen a wedding done like this in my life," John said seriously.

"It was quite common in the eighteenth century," I said. "When I told Trish about it, she decided she wanted it"

"John," Aunt Shelia said. "I think it's one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Cherish the honor and respect for what it is."

It was five to three, that Saturday my best man Brad, the ushers Terri's husband and Jennifer's husband, were standing there with me waiting. The organist started playing the music I could see my future mother in law beginning the walk down to us. Trish and her father were still hidden from view.

"Trish, John said as they watched Helen start the walk, "I never believed in fairy tales, but Scott and you have proved me wrong."

Trish being very emotional was trying to hold them in. In truth, she kind of felt the same way. Her floor-length white wedding gown was beautiful. The necklace we had found on her added to her image. She watched as the last maid in waiting started her walk. Then her father joined his arm with her and started to head in. Just as she entered the grand ballroom the organist stopped playing the right side curtain on the stage opened and a group of eight ladies started singing as the organist started a new song.

"Going to the chapel and were going to get married. Going to the chapel of love."

Every female in the bridal party got emotional because they all knew the story related to that song. I thought that Trish would lose it but there were no big sobs just a few tears flowing down her cheek.

Her dad stopped at the bottom of the stairs and watched her walk up the few steps to stand beside me. She looked right at me with her tearstained buttercup eyes.

"Who gives this lady away," The minster asked?

"Her mother and I do," answered John before taking his position above me. The photographer and her assistant were taking pictures and videoing catching the whole ceremony. We had written our own vows. I said my first she followed.

I slid the ring on to her finger and said, "With this ring, I thee wed My December Bride."

Trish slid mine on to mine and said, "With this ring, we begin the walk of life as one."

The minister then said "I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

That's when I started to relax. Trish looked beautiful. The first thing we did as a couple was to step down and go to her grandmother. After congratulations, her grandmother spoke.

"When you get the chance, Trish, go through your parent's attic and look for old pictures of my grandmother if they still exist because I believe the beautiful full diamond necklace is just like one, she wore."

"Grandmother, Scott and I found it jammed in behind a drawer in the china cabinet we bought."

Her grandmother's eye's teared up. Trish held her hand as she spoke. "It was to be passed to me when I got married to be passed on to my first granddaughter on her wedding day. Scott my granddaughter may not know it but she's already carrying your first and has been for about six weeks."

Trish looked at me in surprise and said "Maybe she's right. I just thought I was late because of what we were dealing with."

"If that's true then I am retiring from working for the state," I said. "I want to live to hold our grandchildren in my arms."

We went from table to table thanking them all for coming. The ushers helped to push the steps back into the stage. Staff on hand-rolled up the red carpet to prepare for the dinner. That allowed the head table to be set up. Most of those we talked to had to compliment us for how we had tied Trish's parents in to be part of the whole ceremony.

I saw Trish talking to her Aunt Shelia and thought nothing of it. I was busy talking to Jack, Caroline, and Kristy who looked like they fit in. Kristy said the wedding ceremony was the most beautiful she'd ever seen. Then I moved over to the Tait family who was here in mass. I met all of Peter's daughter's extended family for the first time.

My uncle James and Aunt Cathy who were staying with Trish's parents and I had the chance to talk. Back home they had told all that I had been found and was doing well. When the book had been released after it was revealed who I was. She had a lot of the family over for dinner and showed them the book I had given her.

"I had James's Mom read the comments you had written to the whole table during the meal," Cathy said. "When they asked me how we knew you. I said we used to call him Albert. A lot of the family had a lot of guilt on their faces. James and I enjoyed their discomfort."

"I got the final dig in when I said you know that for me to get my hearing it cost over two hundred and fifty thousand," James said. "It was Albert who paid for it. I think the family went home that night to do a lot of hard thinking."

At five o'clock the servers started to prepare the tables for the huge dinner. Pat and her husband took Trish and me aside.

Pat informed me that thanks to all the free publicity my latest book had set new records companywide since its release.

They had six serving areas for the food. The food was over the top. Pat on behalf of the publisher had not scrimped on cost. It was a selection of prime roast beef or salmon steak. a choice of two types of potato styles, brown gravy, buns, three different vegetables to choose from and wedding cake for dessert. Water, coffee, tea, coke, and a glass of white wine. Those who wanted something could get if for free from the bar.

At eight the Master of Ceremonies took the mike to start the dance.

"Trish and Scott picked a song that reflects their view about the future for their first dance together as man and wife," He said. "It's a Dr. Hook classic called 'Years from now."

Trish and I walked onto the dance floor as the band started playing our song. We danced with our eyes locked on each other as the quests caught images of us.

When it was announced for the father-daughter dance the Master of Ceremonies said," Trish chose Bob Carlisle's 'Butterfly Kisses' and would like all father and daughters to join them."

I was standing with Helen as they danced. I guess it hit John's heartstrings because we could see him tear up.

"He is really an old sentimental fool at times," Helen said emotionally. "It was all he could do to hold it in when the two of you were saying your vows. I don't think either one of us will forget the view it gave us or what it was saying to all in attendance. People have been commenting on it all night. Most of them see what you two did as a total act of honor and respect."

When it was time for the Master of Ceremonies to announce the mother, son dance he said. "Scott's parents both died years ago So he has chosen to dance with Mrs. Caroline Hynes who reflects the value he was raised with. They shall dance to Rod Stewart's Forever Young."

Caroline was in shock as Trish and I approached her. Taking her hand, I led her to the center of the ballroom. As we dance Trish handed Kristy an envelope. Kristy when she opened it started crying. It was a fully paid scholarship for the school she wanted to go to including the dorm room. Caroline's family saw how full of pride she was.

"We just want you to pay it forward when you get the chance," Trish said smiling.

"But why," Kristy asked?"

"Because we wanted to. For Scott, he does it in honor of the man who raised him who never got to call him a son." Trish said. "It's his way of passing it on."

As Caroline and I walked back to their table we both could see how proud her husband Jack was.

"Thank you for making this an evening we will never forget but why is Kristy crying," She asked?

"My wife gave her some good news while we were dancing," I said. "I'm sure you hear about it as soon as we're back"

At the first band break, Trish went to her aunt's house with her aunt to change into the going away outfit. It was the same dress that all the ladies in the wedding party were wearing. Eve took the chance to tell me that his wife had a couple of things planned for the next set that I should be prepared for.

Trish had returned by the time the Master of Ceremonies took the mike, he said. "Scott would like the Ladies in Red Book Club to join them on the floor with their spouses for his personal rendition of 'Lady in Red' written by Chris de Burgh.

For Trish and I, it was a reminder of the night we got engaged. To on watchers, it was a sight as thirty-four ladies all wearing poinsettia red covered the ballroom floor. As we danced I sang the song to her again. Trish now understood why I wanted her to go away dress to match the bridal parties. After we finished the dance the photographer took another few images of the bride and her bridal party.

It was halfway through the second set that Trish and I were taken by surprise. Rick Springfield joined the band.

Aunt Shelia and Uncle Eve took the mike.

"A lot of you know how Trish and Scott stacked my wife's birthday bash turning into an evening that we will never forget," Eve said. "So my wife and I conspired a little payback was due."

"Nine years ago Trish got stood up at the alter by a man named Jessie." Aunt Shelia said. "We convinced Rick Springfield to come and play the song for the man who got Jessie's Girl. So Scott and Trish can you please take the floor."

We took the floor and for the second time that night we dance the song all by ourselves. Trish had tears in her eyes Aunt Shelia had a smile a mile wide. When we were finished the guests all stood up and clapped. Trish and I were headed off the dance floor when Kristy came up and said it's my turn.

As soon as we were finished and before I had escorted Kristy back Amy said, "It's my turn, Uncle Scott.

All the Tait family had to get pictures of the two of us dancing. After escorting her back I headed over to the bar to get Trish and I another drink. At the end of the third session well the band took a break it was time for us to say a few words. I was the first to speak.

"To the ladies in Red my dear friends I thank you for making this day the success it is. To my, in-laws I thank you for raising such a wonderful daughter. The ushers and the best man are passing out envelopes as a token of our appreciation. Uncle Eve, I couldn't sell Impala to you because It's sitting in its new owner's garage. Use it to build new memories with your best friends dad. " I said.

"Never would I have believed if you told me that in a crazy wild moment in anger when I tried to arrest a man, I thought was a crook that it could lead to tonight. Trish said, "Yet here we are. I am now married to my best friend, the love of my life looking forward to what's to come. For both of us, it has been a year of discovery. A time of letting go and healing from things carried from our past. Rest assured that we have to hit the floor running. Scott does not know why yet. Because I just found out today that in about seven and a half months, we will be bringing our first child into the world."

Everybody clapped. I was in shock. John and Helen were crying. Both sides of the family were cheering. What happens next well that's another story yet to be discovered.