All Comments on 'The Renovator'

by BlackHeart93

Sort by:
  • 229 Comments
JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 1 year ago

I am never happy w/ wives that think a "night out" w/ a man other than hubby is okay. However, I feel this story was presented as having a truly penitent wife. I don't consider this a RAAC, as the wife in this story did not try to justify anything. I would not say people are crazy if they don't want to forgive a wife in this situation. However, I do think it amounts to if the husband thinks his life will be better or worse worse w/ or w/o the wife. This story lines of the details that I feel can reasonably support reconciliation.

Daggy1965Daggy1965about 1 year ago

I can see why/how they got back together. However I don't believe it will work without some retribution to the predator salesman, who did after all rape her.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99about 1 year ago

I would have given the story a 5 if the story wasn't about a cowardly wife beater She should have called the cops imeediately and have him arrested No excuse for either spouse to hit the other

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I stopped reading when he hit his wife. Despicable!

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Very good story, but she was planning to sleep with Harvey before he slapped some sense into her. There is no other plausible reason to take the condoms. She may have been raped, but she put herself into position to have it happen. A RAAC, but still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why is there a bunch of updates abouts cucks and wimps here in loving wives. Jesus just hang yourself already

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 1 year ago

The story had far too much narrative and too little dialogue. It read like a manual at times. Striking the wife is never okay. We do not like stories where the big guy slaps the smaller husband around simply because he can. We always expect the little guy to get revenge. Striking the wife, tempting as it may be, is simply not acceptable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You could at least put the cuckold tag at the beginning so no one will bother reading this crap

lujon2019lujon2019about 1 year ago

So to recap

whore plans to fuck date

/

upon discovering how much her husband dislikes that idea she does it anyway

/

whore quits job leaving him on the hook for far more alimony should the cuck ever man up and leave the cunt

.

cucks get one star

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

A RAAC. He’s an idiot, she is too.

Though him assaulting his wife was just plain wrong. Her stupidity did not mean she deserved him assaulting her. She deserved a divorce not being smacked around.

There was no object lesson in this sorry tale. I disliked it and voted accordingly.

2/5

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Specious…. The story logic does not work.

3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As distasteful as the RAAC is in these types of stories, the real crime is this authors idea of the the main characters business model. Anyone attempting to operate like that, with those costs and profit margins, would be bankrupt inside of six months! The only redeeming part is this dumb-shit wife getting some sense slapped into her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another RAAC, she was not rape, she definitely goes concsious and he doesnt drug her, she drink every glass herself.

The beginning with slap was good but thé ending just a poor RAAC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"They were all surprised by her presents ..."

Check the difference between 'presents' and 'presence'!

MrEdwinMrEdwinabout 1 year ago

I stopped reading at the domestic violence.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

The editing could have been better. I noticed a number of errors and omissions. Overall a good story, although somewhat heavy on the wife's physical attributes and light on their relationship although there was mention of how he had been neglectful and they hadn't been out together much.

sem999sem999about 1 year ago

It's a miracle that you menage to ruin such a perfect start of the story 1star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have an issue over the condoms ?

Seems to me she knew she would likely find herself in a position where the question of having sex would arise . So if she is unable to resist , or put him off , at least she can keep herself and her husband safe?

In her mind she must have known that this was not dinner and a bit of dancing but another step in a planned seduction that she was party to , and totally inappropriate for a married woman . We were all young once . How hard did guys try to get into a girls panties ? How hard did the girls try to prevent us ? She must have recognised the signs .

Bryce knew what was going on . One too many drinks , feeling very tipsy , needs a lie down .... in this guys room ?

It's rape because she didn't give consent , but looking back over their lunches and their planned date , I think she was expecting sex to be on the menu.

The intervention by Zane threw cold water on it . A hefty wake up call .

I'm not sure whether this is about getting back together as such . It's more about whether you can put something like this behind you , ever .

A good read . Enjoyed it . 4 *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ho hum. Another cheating wife wheedles her way back into hubby's good graces. This husband surrendered the moral high ground by assaulting his wife. He could and should have just thrown her out. Move along, nothing to see here.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

Nice that they reconciled.

The husband is a greater man than I for he forgave her.

Me. I think I can forgive but no reconciliation.

Sorry but the moment Zane invited Bryce for a second evening,

I lost interest in reading and just jumped to the last page.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's great when a moderately intelligent reader realizes that he's smarter than all the characters put together—all dumb as seaweed.

You made my day. THANKS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If you actually know guys as nice (stupid) as Zane, that he remodels neighborhood houses for free to raise the value of his, would interest you a lot of readers.

Well I guess you don't know the difference between value, product and margin......but hey it's not a big deal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The lack of an editor is readily apparent in the frequent brief shifts into and out of first person narration from third. The story of his career as a house flipper was interesting, for the most part, and provided the opportunity for insights into the somewhat dilapidated state of the MC's marriage and the "renovations" that relationship needed to restore it to health. More could have been done to merge those parallel aspects of the plot. The details of the home improvements became tedious at times without more direct relevance to the emotive engine of the story. By going to meet her paramour despite her husband's clear disapproval, the wife's behavior was reckless, insensitive, disrespectful and sluttish. She was not sexually assaulted. With malice of forethought, she voluntarily chose to put herself in a position in which the transformation of her good and faithful husband into a cuckold was clearly more likely than not to occur. What aspect of the wife's subsequent words and behavior served to warrant forgiveness for such a profound, primal and premeditated betrayal was unclear to me. I was surprised and troubled that the MC had so little self respect that he resumed their relationship so flippantly. Nonetheless, this submission is a worthwhile read and I thank Blackheart93 for sharing it here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The only positive thing to say about this train wreck is that you didn’t go the incel BTB route. But good lord, you started off behind the eight ball with the tedious, drawn-out descriptions of the house flipping shit that absolutely no one cares about… then you turned your protagonist into a woman-beater, and played it off like a good thing. Jesus dude, you need real help.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

Not bad overall. Slapping his wife? She still meets the salesman? I don't understand the reconciliation.

/

Your word choices were interesting. "Hoes" instead of "hose" was hilarious! And you spelled Zane as Zain at least once. 4 stars as I'm in a generous mood.

CDRLawCDRLawabout 1 year ago

Jesus Christ. Our “hero” physically abuses his wife but hey, he didn’t yell at her. Offensive garbage.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneabout 1 year ago

I'm not buying that she didn't go there to have sex. She needs to admit that. True remorse begins with a complete confession. Also, way too much irrelevant detail about Zane's business.

ThorlolThorlolabout 1 year ago

She should have divorced him. Was she stupid? 100%! But he went along with it just waiting for his moment to strike, creating an opportunity for himself to smack her around. And then beats her twice out of the blue. And not just barely touching, no, he was hitting her so hard that she went to the ground. No excuse or remorse. Not even justification like self-defense. Thats fucked up. And what is he doing when he has nothing else to do? He drinks. So in the end he nothing more than an abusive alcoholic who cant even communicate like he proved from the beginning to the end.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

You can debate the merits of their reconciliation both directions and I could agree either way. My issues with it is we don't know if he ever did read her explanation/ presumably apology letter. When Bryce starts showing up at the new house they never really end up having any type of in depth conversations to clear the air between them before she ends up moving in.

Quite a few shifts between 1st and 3rd person perspectives within the same paragraph and in some cases within the same sentence. A good story could have been made much more readable with some decent editing and proof reading.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

I'm guilty of writing a few stories with wives who think they have earned a night out with another man, but I admit I cannot understand how they reach that conclusion, especially after enough years to have an adult daughter. They must know. Then she meets with him and falls victim to his charms? Also, I have no problem with the slaps. A wife who hides behind her gender to do something as hurtful as this does not deserve the consideration. It was a good story and she did the work to mend the marriage, but she was just too stupid to be believable.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 1 year ago

Some book on creative writing I once read said we should cut our next to the last draft's word count by 25%. I think that would have raised your score from a 3 to to least a 4 or maybe a 5.

Anyway, thanks for the read! cd

jaythemanjaythemanabout 1 year ago

For me, the reconciliation was not justified. It seems like they got back together because the wife wanted it. What did she ever give up to earn it? I guess I never saw that the wife truly understood what she did. The husband just took her back because of loneliness?

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

Not saying she deserved to get raped but how does lover boy end up at the hotel... They should've taken longer to separate

ArdieffArdieffabout 1 year ago

Eh, she was an idiot. He should have dumped her. But well written. There is a bit of switching between 1st and 3rd person ("I" vs "Zane").

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 1 year ago

I know that being drunk means you can't consent. That being said if you drive to a bar and get drunk then drive home and get stopped you are at fault. If you kill someone you are at fault. She intended to take condoms sounds like consent to me. This was a RAAC.

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

It was paradox and BH93 went the Hallmark goodie way which I find as unrealistic. How long where they married +27yrs with three married girl kids? Bryce ~48, never considered the damage of her actions? Really?

\

Bryce was NOT raped, drunk yes but willing - hell, she even took Zane's condoms (why the hell did Zane have Trojans anyways is perplexing or a illogical writer drop-in).

\

She wanted to be F'ed by her DATE and the Trojan's were for STD's. And that is where the story went to crap - she willingly CONTINUED tormenting Zane while dressing/exiting for her DATE that she stole condoms.

\

Bryce's actions was full CHEATING BETRAYAL, emotionally, and later what her Trojans wanted, even if she forgot to use them, going bareback. Where was her STD lab test?

\

Only after her daughter's intervention did Bryce realize or was told of the damage. BH93, big MISS, where were the long phone calls between the three sisters and then mom? I assume Bryce & Zane's parents/siblings/aunts-uncles are all dead or they had none?

\

This story was too cooky-cutter and early on tipped it's hand to an unrealistic, unrepentant, unpunished, unfair RAAC... She paid NO price for her damage/betrayal, she got away with it. Her only repentance was 'she was lonely' - oh whoopee do. But Zane's cul-de-sac was alive with real neighbors. It posed a danger to Bryce's RAAC plot - Zane was enjoying life too much.

\

I suspect the only reason for no divorce was it would ruin Zane's business. And Zane was living a good life without her. I was expecting a play by the next-door widow, another BH93 story fumble.

\

3.3***, hooyah...

JohnD46JohnD46about 1 year ago

Well done and a good story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Disrespectful slut who intended to date and fuck someone other than her husband. She got what she asked for them didn't like it only to be rewarded with reuniting with her husband. Weak men on these stories make me so k to my stomach

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Badly in need of an editor. Sure, it’s good to add a little background and flavor but this thing should have been half the length it turned out to be with the endless renovating details. The first page read like an episode of HGTV. The only thing missing was a detailed metallurgical analysis of the screws you used to hang the drywall. Oh wait, it probably was in and I missed it when I started skimming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow that was hard work!

5 pages of nonsense

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

And the cuck takes back the slut.. Pathetic !

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Too much detail on the process. Who cares about "hard money bankers," etc.?

\

I stopped after Page 1, went to the comments, never went back.

\

@lujon2019 Re: "whore quits job leaving him on the hook for far more alimony should the cuck ever man up and leave the cunt" - Is that true? In many stories, when the hubby plans to quit his job to reduce alimony, he's told that it would be based on his prior earnings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What if Zane had not arrived home early? It seems like Bryce would have already slutted herself up and headed out with her purse full of condoms. It seems obvious she was going out to get fucked and the marriage was over. Also why are they using condoms? Maybe offer a short explanation on this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Senseless RAAC. There are stories on Lit where reconciliation makes sense, this is not one of them. Hubby goes from SLAPPING her to reconciliation AFTER she goes on her date and fucks the guy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nuh! Pretty much a cuck. No retribution on the rapist? Pretty much a cuck, regardless of him being a big wife basher.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I quit reading when he let the slut in his house and treated her with undeserved respect. The bitch actually went and got fucked after the original fallout at the house. It wasn't rape. Yet another cuck & slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You have some potential. The substance of the plot is sound if tired, but you need help taking out the garbage. Thanks for telling us they ordered two coffees, black. As least that irrelevant information was just one sentence.

\

Do you realize the wife claimed she would never fuck around on her husband again, because she might get caught? Yeah, she wants to do charity work, fund raisers, balls, rich old assholes looking for easy pussy. This dumb cuck might know something about houses and real estate, but he is an ignoramus when its comes to women, especially his wife. He totally deserves the loss of his investment that he is making in this selfish hollow woman. Pathetic.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

This is so different from the other stories in the author's collection. Five pages of how to renovate a house and be a good neighbor. The others were full of real angst and pathos (Servant's favorite topic and for a good reason). It is a decent story on it's own but so far afield from the others that it's like he did a friend a favor to get it published, rated, and commented.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Somehow this one resonates with me. I would have thought the daughter would have been in play a bit more, but other than that, not bad. 4*

remb95remb95about 1 year ago

Very weak on both sides

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajunabout 1 year ago

Great story with compelling characters. Thanks and keep writing.

irinmikeirinmikeabout 1 year ago

Just a good solid story with ine exception. Wife is getting ready for a date and husband strolls in unannounced. What would have happened if she was gone when he returned. She just saunters in at 2:00AM in the morning with her party clothes on freshly fucked? Right, I am sure she is stupid enough to think that would fly! Keep writing as your basic tale is a good one.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 year ago

Loved the story and the characters. Thanks

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

I, too loved this story. Please continue to write and thank you.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

This was pretty good.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 1 year ago

Thank you for painting a picture of a thoroughly disagreeable cad. His unwillingness to face the consequences of his actions was well done. However the daughter’s initial reaction makes little sense. Unless domestic violence was an ongoing part of her upbringing? After all, she could say—hey I think I understand why you did this; mum sorely provoked you. BUT, what you did was WRONG. Why didn’t she? A bigger guy beating up a smaller woman? I am with those who noted and protested the spousal abuse. If the woman had any sense she would have reported her injuries to the police. Slapped her hard enough to make her fall? Her face swollen? He could have achieved the same result by finding the condoms and by telling her he was divorcing her. That is the logical consequence of her disrespect. The fact that he never connects his own bad behaviour to her subsequent actions is well written and tells us that our protagonist is a very flawed person. For sure, in her state of EXTREME emotional trauma she is going to make good decisions… umm, no. He helped set this up. This is someone who “doesn’t get it” and somehow thinks he is blameless for his actions. And what subsequently happens to her. The author does a good job in showing that someone can do this and somehow feel justified in this, even in the long run. Many commentators agree with your protagonist. I am not one of them.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 1 year ago

A good story… with roots to a common family upbringing. The term “slapping some sense into someone” has a long history. This is not the same as domestic violence involving fists. I don’t like both… but the first was used by folks who had less means. And, in days with a lot less professional help available. Nowadays, it is the norm to seek a professional for counselling… but at a cost of time and lots of money. Still I very much enjoyed this read! Thank-you

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 1 year ago

Are they even allowed to be married? I mean legally? Can a man get married to someone with severe learning disabilities? Isn't there concern how he might take advantage of her?

She was getting dressed to the 9's. CFMs. New underwear was it? Wait, hold on...this one's good. So a condom yeah? However it doesn't end there. She waited for her husband to leave the room so he couldn't see her grab it. Because she was worried of how it would look surely right? And why did she have it you may ask? Well just in case.

Just in case what exactly? What is she anticipating might be a possibility?

Oh but she didn't know. It was only supposed to be dinner. Sex maybe but she isn't planning on it. She's just dressing sexy for him with sexy underwear so they can eat their ribs and part ways in time for him to go home in time to place some vidya. And luckily for her single men really hate having sex anyways. Yup, just some steaks and do the running man for a bit then leave. That's totally her plan.

The whole rape thing is just a twist on the whole swallowing a bunch of sleeping pills. Rape is arguably better here since you get laid as opposed to having your stomach pumped. And it's too easy to screw up how much you take.

And who the fuck goes out dancing anyway? Do they also dress up in suits whenever they fly on an airplane too? Does milk get delivered by a milkman? Whenever I went out dancing it was at clubs back in my 20s. I was terrible at it. But I went. And there sure as fuck weren't any old farts there doing the cha-cha. That's because they know clubs suck. So this must be a place where everyone is smoking at their table. All busboys and dishwashers don't speak a single word of English. And there's a table with a family welcoming back a son dressed in a marines uniform enjoying all the attention from one of those "Thank you for your service" competitions the entire restaurant is holding......wait I got that wrong. That comes way later. Instead there's a table with a family welcoming back a son in a marines uniform that now sleeps in the garage instead of his old room because he says he misses sleeping outside but in reality is because he screams in his sleep.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hitting the wife? No.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That story was a backwards step in your writing. It was mostly about a guy buying, selling, remodeling and in between behaving like a caveman and asaulting his wife (which should have landed him in jail). Lacked any real creativity and the writing was so-so. Next time try to be at least a LITTLE clever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Self inflicted injury,! If she hadn’t planned to go out dressed like a tart and then gone to meet an obvious predator (quite willingly) she wouldn’t be in that position! As for the husband! What ever possessed him to do anything but dump her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A typical reconciliation story where the author puts little time and effort into the actual reconciliation. Cheating is about entitlement. Being truly sorry is about humility. Humility is painful. It wrestles with shame. Humility recognizes that regaining trust is a long, slow process that may end, despite their best efforts. Humility works hard without pay. Humility is forthcoming. Humility doesn’t keep secrets. True remorse is a deep awareness that infidelity broke a sacred trust, and you are not owed reconciliation. Real remorse understands that repairing a relationship after infidelity is a long haul with dubious prospects. Real remorse wears the shame. Real remorse takes responsibility for the fallout. Real remorse is okay if you tell people, because you need the support. Real remorse understands that reconciliation is a risky investment. Real remorse puts its money where its mouth is with a post-nup with an infidelity clause. A completely useless document if the cheater never cheats again, which of course, only the cheater has control over.

Reformed cheaters can be like dry drunks. All the entitlement, without the sexual acting out. They may spend more of the marital assets, do less housework, not work a regular job. Why? Because they’re special. I think at some level they believe that you are fortunate to have the wonderfulness that is them. Is that better? Is that worth saving?

MarkTwineMarkTwineabout 1 year ago

Just more of the same old willing cuckold bullshit, only it took five boring pages to get through it. The cunt planned to go out and get fucked. She even took condoms with her. When he busted her she still went out and fucked the guys she was planning to fuck. And the guy who “raped” her walks away Scott free. One star is too generous for crap like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's not rape if you planned to fuck the guy which she certainly did. This story is just a total train wreck complete with an idiotic RAAC.

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

I expected that overworked plot device,nthe drugged drink. The change in tense could easily be corrected. I tend to believe two hard slaps from a man who works with his hands would leave a woman well marked. Call the cops kind of marked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Did I miss the announcement that this was RAAC day in Loving Wives???? That's seems to be all there is today. One author even thinks anyone disagreeing is a "hater".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, but that's a typical dumb-slut-wife story. Like most of them, it belongs in the husband divorces slut wife" bin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why is it that these stories always seem to imply that sex fixes all issues, that men only think with their dick and it’s all about giving away his pussy and everything is fixed when he gets it back and the same old weak promises are made. Other than that tired ending it was a well done story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Mom said that if she didn't take them, then there wasn't a chance in hell that she would have sex with him. But, if she did have them with her, then the one thing that stood between her and a hotel room bed was her will power."

At this point in the story, the author jumped the shark. These words ha e no relationship to any contrived world real people might live in. The hr departments of 2 separate companies correctly surmised that there was no rape in this instance. Bryce was just a cheating whore trying to claw back her comfortable existence. The author did a huge disservice to Zane by gihim nuts when he confronted the cunt the night of her date and then proceeded to rip them off by having him take the slut back. Millions of women to choose from but he has to have the one who would show him the level of disrespect she did? I don't see how raac could have been possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All girls know from quite a young age what the guys are after . She was smart to carry condoms . If you can't get the guy to back off a bit , or if you decide " what the hell , let's do it " , safety first , use a condom .

But she was married , so what was she doing getting ready to go on a date ? Worse yet , it looked as though she planned on being gone before her husband got home ?

He arrived home and she asked his advice on what to wear for her date ? Not a care in the world that anything might be out of order .

He could have been in big trouble for the slaps . But still he kicks her out , and with nowhere else to go , she carries on with her date .

Drunk/tipsy she goes to his room where sex takes place .

But surely that was the plan all along , she just didn't get a say in how it played out .

I think her idea of the evening was dinner and drinks , dancing and drinks , a nightcap in his room with some heavy flirting ( that may , perhaps hopefully , get out of hand ) before ordering a cab for home . The sex would be explained by how her defences were down , full advantage was taken of her , not her fault as she was only expecting dinner and dancing , it will never happen again etc .

I had the impression that the husband doesn't take her out much but that doesn't entitle her to make dates with other men . At least talk first and demand a few date nights , a bit of care and attention .

I'm surprised that when they got back together he made no comment about those condoms ????

She was planning to cheat in my book .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I didn’t like the progression of the story . She is going on a date and he gets pissed. What does she do; she goes and meets the guy. She didn't even see the HARM in dating a sleeve ball? He is a mad but doesn’t discuss the stupid move completely but takes her back? Finally if he really thought she was raped, where is the retribution? For a 5 chapter effort I feel more ground should have been covered…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good lord, BlackHeart93, if we wanted a tutorial on flipping houses, we’d be watching the HGTV channel. Show some mercy! A paragraph or two would have sufficed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, no matter how you cut it, Zane is a wife beater. In the real world, he’s under arrest, with a restraining order as it should be. Wife beaters get 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoy a good reconciliation story. However, this wasn't one. Sure it was a reconciliation story. It just wasn't a good one.

Too much of the story was stupid. I'm not surprised that his wife misread him. As she was getting dressed he made it pretty clear he was fine with her fucking around. She wasn't surprised by this attitude, so I have no doubt that he had given her previous reason to expect such a reaction. The only explanation for his reaction as she went out the door would be that he is bi-polar or has multiple personalities. It simply doesn't fit with his previously established character behavior.

Of course, she might have misread him because she is a brainless bimbo as well. I'm not talking about the original decision to go on a date with somebody else. I'm talking about her explanation for condoms, but going to see her planned lover instead any of the reasonable actions she could have taken.

Not that he's overly bright either. He never considered divorce? He just planned to hide away while she spent his money and fucked whoever she felt like in the house he was providing for her? I guess that makes sense if he had flipped back to the personality where he helped her pick out the sexiest outfit for her fuck date.

So, you have a wishy-washy main character, a not smart enough to be a bimbo wife, and half-assed reconciliation by boredom. There was potential, but you wasted it and the resulting story is a hard fail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No Way! Just Trash!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

More heart ahead unless eyes open.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think most of the times when there are reconciliations the husband is a no-nonsense guy who doesn't initially put up with any "stuff". Sometimes, of course, the husband will not reconcile but when he does, it usually is because he's a strong individual who decides what is best.

MogwyMogwyabout 1 year ago
Abusive

The story was starting to get good until he hit her. No real man hits a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

At least I got some ideas on renovation.

Other than crying to her daughter what work did she do to make herself into a safe partner? He was just another weak cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I read a lot of comments concerning the make up of your story but as you said at the intro it is your story with no editor, so lighten up all you naysayers and read it for what it is, an LW story which is obviously different from your usual musings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why would he take her back?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As far as Zane not complaining while Bryce was dressing for her date I felt that she was dressing to go out with him, not some sleaze bag who was planning to score with a weak minded married woman. I can't complain about most of this story but the part where the "blue-collar neighbors started taking more pride in the appearance of their homes" after Zane came into the neighborhood is demeaning. Those people probably worked hard to afford their homes and the improvements paid for by Zane allowed them to use their money the way they dreamed when they bought their homes.

4bk554bk55about 1 year ago

This is the first story of a wife trying to go out on a date that I agree with. Husband takes the right action and stops it, 5 stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So no std test or morning after pill? He wants to see her in sexy cocktail cloths like she did for her date? Toss her. She id damaged goods. He had no part in her rape. Had she done the date she would have had sex. Either way she was going to come back fucked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I could never get over the fact that her actions was the only reason that happened to her. Disrespect to her husband is unforgivable. You don't just a night where you can just walk away from your marriage to fuck another man and return home like nothing happened. Hell no.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

1 Star for the spousal abuse.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

This is a set-up designed to justify the behaviour of an emotionless psychopath. Of course, it's unacceptable for a married woman to blithely date and fuck another man. That's not a reason to belt a defenceless woman. You need to get yourself seen to, brother.

CaptainbklCaptainbklabout 1 year ago

2. Only because it was well written. Renovations could have been shorter. Slapping her was straight out battery and domestic abuse. It was bad enough she was going on a date but to follow through with it after and take her back, stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My two takes.

1- After drinking 8 oz of booze and getting behind wheel he was slow to react to the vehicle in front suddenly stopping and rear ended the vehicle. Officer making report noticed his condition and tested him. He failed test of course and taken to jail. While there report arrived about spousal abuse and he was further charged after pictures of bruised face seen.

He lost most everything.

2- After slapping wife he apologized and said he would start separating finances etc for divorce. Told her to leave for boyfriend or daughter etc.

She went to daughter's house and next morning realizing the mess she made worked out plan with daughter to totally break off any relationship and do it by phone with daughter there.

She found a counselor that was well recommended. She found out that 90% was her part But 10 % her husband's as his letting their night's out go away.

He didn't want any blame at first But seeing she was trying so hard and taking that much blame and especially the way she separated herself from him without seeing him again he agreed. They got back together and revved up night's out

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nope, rape or not she fully intended to fuck the other guy. She got caught and had to pay the price. In real life he should have shut the door in her face the first time she showed up at his new house. Kick the dumb cut to the curb was the only way this should had ended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The wife set herself up to a fucking, and she did fuck. That's all there is. The rape story doesn't stick. When the husband took the cheating wife back, he accepted his cuckold role. Just give the slut some time.

RubiconXRubiconXabout 1 year ago

Very nicely done take on a well-used LE trope. Adults who converse like adults, emotions that ring true, an overall level of maturity to the entire story. Maybe a bit too much about renovations and real estate, but the story moves along quite well. An enjoyable read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another weak story. It does not end that way in real life. With 3 grown up children, he would NEVER take her back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Found the rapist, it’s 1 thinkingman

dikupinyadikupinyaabout 1 year ago
hmmm

The story started out good, but ended terrible. She was going out to get fucked, period. Look at the sexy dress and underwear. Not to mention the condoms! That was a "go out and get fucked" date. The husband was an idiot to believe anything else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just a assnomeous imperfect human bean. Story was great fun.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lt would be cool if she became a mommy again, maybe even twins! Then, she'd fit in with many neighbors...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlackHeart93@BlackHeart93
Retired, retired. Trying to improve my writing abilities. Enjoy the instant feedback of readers. Appreciate the help of editors to catch my errors—and I try to learn from them.

SIMILAR Stories