All Comments on 'The Rest of a Sad Story'

by truefriend

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Also incomplete

I liked the fact that you worked to extend the original story but this one is also incomplete. The husband responded to what his wife and good friend did. It was obviously an answer to his wife's usurpation of his place in their marriage. In essence, if you don't respect me there can be no marriage. I don't know what is worse a wife that waltzes up with a smile on her face and tells you "it is for the best" or a domineering wife that tells you "I'm going to go this whether you want me to or not". <br><br>

However, what was his wife's reaction? Did she care? Is she devastated? Is she scared? <br><br>

And the apparent architect of this, his "good friend" Jessica gets off Scot free? I would have visited Jessica's place and trashed it as well. I would have also written her boyfriend and asked if he was planning to spend his time with someone who would betray a friend so terribly. <br><br>

Maybe Jen and Jessica life happily ever after. It's not a fair ending but not all stories end fairly. <br><br>

Without the women's reaction the story is still incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What a loser!! Bwahahaha!!!

Is he so weak-minded that the moment his wife cheats on him, he burns everything to the ground? He ruins his life because his wife cheats on him? If that is what happens then she is better off without him! He. Is. A. Loser!!! Maybe he shoulda taken a pistol and blown what little brains he had in front of all his friends

Poizon69Poizon69over 14 years ago
Good story.

I have just read the original story. It was VERY scary. How could a wife and a so-called best friend do such a thing? and in the original the husband was a very scary person he allowed it to happen. However in this story the write gives the husband some balls. And dispite the comment below the husband DID live happily ever after. He DID move on. But I would second the point that justice needs to be done to Jessica and far more done to Jan. But apart from that a very well written story of a husband finding his pride and balls. Of course stand by for the cuck brigade to attack you for allowing the husband to regain his pride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Cliffhanging

While the concept and reaction to the affair is appropriate. The story is incomplete, it leaves a acrid taste that can't be cleansed. No way to know the consequences of Jan's actions. Out of not interacting with Jessica, we are left wondering and scratching our heads and saying: Why did you write this if you were not going to finish it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You know,

the begging wasn't done correctly! he should have cried, jump up and down, kowtowing, crying more and loudly, swearing up and down, asking people to witness his sincere begging and pleading and crying, for her to not go with her lover! <p>

author, you didn't allow your man-hero to beg in a correct way! "I donated all our money to charity, and I have nothing else to lose, as I am quiting my job, too, and it's all your fault, when you humiliated me in front of my co workers and left me to go with your lover... right now, my heart is cold and empty and I am so alone! All your fault!"

<p>

do men talk like that? LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Still incomplete

I agree with the previous comments that the story remains incomplete. For a "consequences" story, it is necessary to present the full impact the consequences of a character's decision.

<P>

At the end of the original story, the author alluded to a possible explanation for the wife's decision when she said: "You'll see this is for the best." From this statement, I fully expected to learn how and why she made her decision. This is where the drama lies.

<p>

The husband's reaction can be considered by some to be extreme. But there is no drama in collecting their household belongings and burning everything, cutting the wedding band, the letter, etc. Those are just unilateral actions of a very pissed off man. Without some interaction between the characters; beyond a terse letter and telephone conversation; there is no conclusion.

<p>

In my opinion, you missed the mark. You finished the story through narration, stating that the husband abandoned his wife. But I need to know why she made her decision.

<p>

Quite simply, the wife was charged and convicted of a crime without a trial. The trial is where all the juicy bits are.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Great Part 2

Looking forward to Part 3. Original was left incomplete or unfinished. So many authors feel it is some kind of "flash /art" to leave a story unfinished, personally I think it's just laziness or lack of creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
this is good

his reaction was a little over the top, but not very much. I'd have kept the money to set myself up for starting over. I'm glad someone decided to do something with this story, I've always fealt it should have been finished. I think its still unfinished, I'd like to hear the wife's side of things. What the hell was going through her mind (if anything), they seemed pretty happy. I've often wondered if she had been cheating previously, it was a common theme during the phone sex they had when he was out of town. Was this what she meant when she said its better this way? Now I won't be cheating because it'll be with a woman not a man (wrong by the way, still cheating). I would like to read some more about this, his new live in, her thoughts and reactions etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
The story bother everyone because it doesn't work

Once again a lazy author (last post) has created a person that behaves as if she has a split personality... she's basically mentally ill. it has nothing to do having an affair, teh author went to all the effort to make sure both the readers and his friend who was cheating wiht his wife knew how he felt so we would all know that his best friend and his wife were puposely doing the most hurtful and harmful thing they could possible do to him... is that how the author created the two people... NO. It is psycgo crap. Doesn't work, doesn't add up, no matter how many endings you try to create. Seriously, lets look at it from another angle... have any of you, any of the hundreds on this site, every, I mean every in your entire life met a woman who would show-up at her husnband's company party with another female date... letting everyone know she was fucking him over and newly gay all in one step... yep, that's what I thought. NO ONE. Not one person on this entire planet. Truefriend, you made an attempt, but the first story is so fucked it is not even slightly repairable.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 14 years ago
Interesting Story

Must have been one heck of a fire. Title says it all. I think this story extension was well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You had a great idea!!!!

But you did not deliver. The story was good but not final enough. Do I see maybe a 3rd and final story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
nice

i have only one wish to read her side of the story. great job i really like the friends point of view.Thank you this was really needed

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 14 years ago
Re: "The story bothers everyone..."

...seen it,been there,only an idiot would assume that on a planet of 6-7 billion some type of human interaction never happened.To the anon that decries the (moderate) begging-post some info about your "Bad" self before you go condemning a fictional character for not being manly enough. And to "Bwahaha!"-be the third party cheating on me with MY wife and you won't worry about whether or not I go overboard with the slow torture and ultimate disembowelment of the wifey!(HeeHee!)Let's hear it for part three.And thanks for taking comments, unlike the first author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This needs an ending

As previously stated this needs to be finished.

The girls maybe are happy with the outcome, but we need to know why?

How can the wife even consider her husband, without warning, could be alright with her actions? Doing what she did, in front of his coworkers, was cruel at best!

She needs to try to explain her actions and at least see

the consequences of her actions.

A writer with a selfish female point of view needs to take up the challenge and show us her motivation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What can you do?

According to what was written in the first paragraph, the author was in reality, a witness to events nearly identical to those of the first story. And participated in the husbands reaction to those events. The author of this story, related those events as true, and as such, it is unrealistic to think that he would know anymore about the thoughts or feelings of the people involved than what he was able to see first hand.

By the same token, it is also unrealistic to expect him to know what the aftermath of the events he decribed were... unless he persued that knowledge out of his own morbid curiosity.

By presenting himself as a participant on the periphery of an actual event, any additional insight into the characters would make that pretence unbelievable.

Yes I wish there was more, but THIS story, by it's nature, can't provide the closure we'd like to see... so, the readers should just stop whining about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Jessica Needs Burning Too

So much for his long-time friend Jessica. His revenge against her seems like a good place for our author to spin another story. I liked this one. But his reaction was far too tame. The wife suffered no penalty besides some lost furniture. He needs closure and vindication against her too (that next story PLEASE).

Thanks for the tale. It flowed very nicely from the end of the previous story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Plot but...

..what happened with Jan(the wife)?

She has a breakdown?Don´t worried about it?

And TODAY, how he´s doing with his life?

Too short in details...

Pistolpackinpete,do you have been there(cheated)?

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Another vote for Incomplete

Andy's reaction was well defined in this story. "Jan, you thought you could spit in my face with impunity. This tells you that you were VERY wrong." The destruction of all her possessions is an effective "revenge" because we all know what it would feel like. However, it would have been interesting to get Jan's thinking about why she did this. She cheated and humiliated him at the same time. Why? How stupid is she? She says she is not leaving him? But she stabs him in the heart. Part of the problem is that she might come up with a reason for cheating; but the humiliation?? Nothing beyond utter stupidity would explain her actions. <br><br>

Then there is "friend" Jessica. Who would do this to a friend? Again cheating is a betrayal of his close friendship. Why the humiliation?? An Anon asked if anyone had ever seen or heard of such behavior and I agree, NO. Yet neither author makes any explanation of this extreme behavior. Andy seemed like a nice guy and his wife seems to love him. If he was a bastard and they screwed him for it, that's understandable. But we are given no such clues and our real world experience provides no help. That makes the theme underlying the overall story irrational and unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Feeblemindet and inept attempt at writing.

For gods sake,if you cannot write then DON'T !!!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Story!!!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
???????????????

I guess we can read between the lines but I think most of us like to be enteratined with a story line.

I gave you a three for the attempt - not bad but - no story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You showed us a different slant

This is the first time I have read a cheating spouse story with such a different tactic used by the husband. By his actions it is quite obvious the he was driven by a deep seated pain and the actions he took were due to that pain with little retribution toward his cheating spouse who must be a complete idiot to do what she did in front of their friends at a party and then to wait until 10am the next morning to finally call her husband. Obviously she didn't care a shit for her husband.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Great

We need more detail for this to be complete but let's just say that Andy had a "no tolerance" policy when it came to cheating. 5 stars just because.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
A manwith some ball! Great!

'nuff said.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Poor Slob

Two painful stories... I am more suprised at Jessica than at Jan. The long time friend thought it was not cheating and when he said that it was, she should have backed of. One thing is to do it ignorance, like a guy who screws a girl who claims to be unattached......

I wonder if he was ever happy again??

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
I hope this is the way it worked out

There is no other solution to a cheating spouse. They had only been married for a short period of time and this it how it is going to be? What some people do not understand is that you do not have to get married! Marriage serves a purpose. It serves to benefit the two people who have teamed up to improve their chances of survival and that of their future offspring. If one of these two people is not completely committed to this mission, if the establish close, intimate relationships with other people, if they lie to, and deceive the other spouse then they are a traitor by definition. In the military, traitors are routinely executed. In the past treacherous spouses have been executed for their betrayals. While our pussified society no longer allows for execution of such scum, they can effectively be dealt with by completely removing them from your life. I understand his emotional reaction to his situation. Unless he lived in a very small town, he should have stayed at his job, divorced his wife, and done everything within the law to destroy his colleague and former friend or at least drive her from the company. He should have made sure he excelled in his job and gave his employers nothing to complain about. If he were to leave them, it should only have been for brighter prospects. His ex-wife would not have done well in the divorce after a short marriage. He should also have publicized her homosexual relationship, thus dramatically cutting down on her chances of finding a decent man again. (Good men don't marry cheating bi sexual weirdos) Her life would be doomed to the world of freaks and creeps. He should have done all this with a political smile on his face and playing the sad ex husband.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Better than the setup story. At least in outcome.

4 stars

Jay80Jay80over 7 years ago
Real

Now this is how a real man reacts.... No wimp shit or submissive attitude that are all too common a theme lately....... 5 stars.....

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Good story!

I am not one of those who needs every t crossed, every i dotted. And I don't subscribe to the need for every story to fit a formula where there is retribution for the cheater, happiness and riches for the cheated,... This is a powerful scene, one moment in time, and it rings true. Good job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous