The Return

Story Info
Her home town wasn't like she had left it.
50.2k words
4.76
27k
45
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Having to go home to a small minded small town is one of those things you hope you never have to do. I knew I never wanted to go back. The problem was, after 14 years of marriage, we finally found out I couldn't have kids. My husband was a lawyer who had gone into politics and he had always seemed reasonable to me, but when he divorced me, it came as a huge shock. Worse was when he took everything. The house, all of our things. I was lucky to get out with my clothes and my old car. All I had left was the old house my parents had left me in this shitty little town.

It looked almost exactly the same, nothing updated, nothing new. Just older and more faded. The house was exactly the same too. All the old furniture exactly as it had been for 50 years, the dishes in the cupboard, the old appliances. Even the clothes in my parents closet. My room was just as I left it after I had graduated highschool, right down to the Coldplay poster on the wall. There was even old homework still in the little trash can next to my old desk. It was like stepping through a time machine.

I looked around the old house, empty now for 6 years, looking for any immediate issues. Leaks in the ceiling, cracks, all the good stuff you find in a home that's been empty for years. It actually seemed pretty solid for the most part, though the old garage door was off track and permanently shut unless I could fix it. The faucet in the kitchen didn't work either, though the one in the bathroom did as long as I only wanted cold water. I went down to the basement and looked at the ancient water heater, knowing there was no way it was going to work. I had no idea what to even look at on it to see if it would turn on.

Instead of dwelling on it, I went back upstairs and sat down on the old couch, the cushions so worn down it felt like sitting on bare springs. Dust puffed up from it, making me cough and jump up, hurrying away from the cloud of it.

This really freaking sucked.

Suck it up. It could be worse. I could be stuck in a hotel spending money I didn't have while trying to pull my life back together. This could be a fresh start. A new beginning.

A new beginning right back where I'd started out and dreamed of escaping for 18 years.

I decided to tackle my parents' room first, boxing up all the clothes and other things and putting them out in the garage with the tons of boxes already out there. I would have to go through those later and maybe have a garage sale or something. Maybe I could make enough to get the hot water heater fixed?

I spent that night in my old bed after changing the linens and it felt so odd to be back in that room and that bed. It had been 17 years since I had been back here in this house. When my parents were still living, they had come to see me in their RV a few times a year and when they died, I'd had them cremated and sent to me since they were traveling when it happened. The RV had been completely totalled, burned down to a metal frame and nothing else. The house had already been locked up for them to travel so I wasn't worried about hurrying back here and taking care of it. Then I'd sort of forgotten about it until Rick had divorced me and the judge hadn't granted him this house as well, though he had tried for it. He'd gotten our house, the cabin and the summer house on the beach. I'd tried to ask him why he tried to take this house too and he yelled at me right there in the courtroom.

"You took EVERYTHING from me, Ava! Everything! You took YEARS of my life from me! You KNEW I wanted kids, a family!"

I think that was what hurt the most, the fact that he blamed me for not being able to have children, like I had tricked him somehow. And without the ability to have children, I was nothing to him at all. A doll for him to dress up and take to business parties and charity events. Someone to volunteer and organize and head up things in the community so he could brag about everything we did for the community. I was an accessory, and a disposable one at that once I became less useful.

He hadn't even waited for the divorce to finalize before he started dating a girl who was still in college. A girl who was tall and curvy, built for having children.

I'd told myself I wasn't going to cry again, but now here I was, wiping my eyes again and hating myself for being so useless. I hadn't finished college, I'd met Rick my freshman year and he'd swept me off my feet. He was much older than I was, but I hadn't cared. He took me around the world, showing me things I never imagined I would see, charming me, romancing me. When he asked me to marry him, I'd said yes without hesitating, I was so in love with him. I knew when he'd started demanding certain changes in me that it wasn't really right, but I would have done anything for him. Including a breast enhancement, lip injections, fake hair extensions. He didn't make me surgically alter my ass, that was the only thing he was already happy with, but I felt like he wanted to change everything else about me. I was fine with it, I WANTED to be perfect for him. I wanted to be everything for him.

I didn't look back once after meeting him, not to lament not finishing college or ever having a career of my own. All I knew was charity events and organizing community events and volunteering to run things during fundraisers for charities. My whole life revolved around making his life better, making him look good.

Now me, as a person, I was useless. I was nothing without him, because he was all I had lived for. I felt helpless and lost. Where did I even start? Find a job as a waitress somewhere? I wasn't qualified for anything.

No. I shook off the feeling sorry for myself and got out of bed, wiping my eyes. First things first. I started taking pictures of all of my high end name brand clothes, then I went up to the library and used their computers and internet to post the clothes in marketplace online. I would check back on them later.

From there I walked the single block to the hardware store, then had to step out of the way as a man came out backwards, talking to a man inside.

He turned and I stared up at him in horror.

Gerrid Hightower had been the quarterback, the dreamboat, the boy every girl in school had a crush on. He was still completely and utterly hot. I had never had a crush on him, but my heart still tried to stop beating as he turned and grinned down at me. Being noticed by one of the popular kids, even almost two decades later, was both thrilling and terrifying.

"Hey there," he said lightly, holding the door open for me. "You new in town?"

"Umm... yes and no."

He gave a single chuckle. "Well which is it?" he asked, stepping back inside behind me.

"I used to live here a long time ago but I moved away. I just got back yesterday."

"Well welcome back. What's your name?"

"Ava..." I answered breathlessly, wondering if he would remember me.

"Ava, pretty little name for a pretty little lady. What brings you here to this store, Ava? I'm a handyman of sorts, I can fix about anything."

"Umm... I was just going to ask a few questions about my hot water heater?"

"Oh, ask away," he grinned.

"Oh... umm... how do you turn it on? Make it work? It's a really old one, like... 50 years old."

"Well turning it on should be easy enough, what kind is it?"

"Umm... the kind that's in the basement?"

He chuckled again. "How about I come take a look?"

"Oh, no! That's ok. I was just going to ask and maybe see what I would need to fix it."

"It's no trouble, I'm off this afternoon anyway."

"No, really... I... can't afford it right now anyway, I was just figuring out how much it would cost!"

"Well, that's a city girl talking," he grinned. "I will take a look for free."

"Umm... Thanks Gerrid, but really..."

"Oh ho! Now I guess I owe you an apology! We obviously already know each other, at least you know me. I don't recall meeting you before? I am sure I would remember you."

"She was in our class, Hightower," the man at the counter rolled his eyes. "Ava Lowell?"

I looked at the man, then gave him a tight smile. "Hello Brian."

"Ava," he nodded.

"Ava Lowell?" Gerrid asked, confused. "Wait! You were that tiny little thing! I remember you! Pixie haircut, right?"

I nodded, my face turning red.

"See, now you HAVE to let me come and take a look, my way of apologizing for not recognizing you! You live on Pine, right? The old brick house that's been empty so long?"

"Oh... umm... yeah?"

"Yeah, I did some tree work on it two years back after a big storm," he offered, opening the door for me with a smile.

I stepped out, feeling a bit of dread welling up. I didn't want to owe Gerrid Hightower anything. He'd always been a dog back in highschool and I couldn't imagine a man with a face and body like his changing at all.

"Umm, it really is ok. You don't have to do this. I just wanted an idea of what was needed," I told him nervously, twisting my keys in my hands.

"It's no problem at all! I can't let a pretty little thing like you go without hot water, can I? Come on. You need a ride or should I just meet you there?" he asked, his hand on the handle of his truck.

"Umm... I have a car, I left it parked at the library."

"I'll see you at the house, then," he grinned.

I felt a little sick as I walked to my car. It was fine, I told myself. It's a small town, that's what people do. They help old classmates. Right? And he was probably flirting a little, but I could just let him know I wasn't on the market. I just went through a bad divorce and I wasn't interested. I didn't have to tell him that I'd never been interested in him, I'd always thought he was a complete asshole. My crush had always been on Mike Hanover, the valedictorian. He was so cute and so incredibly smart. He'd never looked my way once, but I'd had a crush on him since 5th grade. He'd started dating Alicia Freemont in 8th grade and they'd dated all through school and got married as soon as they were out of highschool. That hadn't stopped me from being head over heels for him right up until I met Rick. Mike had been the only one of Gerrids friends that wasn't a complete douchebag.

I pulled into the drive, looking at the truck in front of the house with another feeling of deep foreboding. Getting out, I went around the car and met him halfway from his truck.

"I got a call," I lied, I didn't even have a cellphone."I need to go to the realtor's office and sign a few papers I missed."

"Oh, that can wait," he grinned. "Melinda will be there till 6. Come on," he smiled, taking my keys from my hand and going up to the door. He let himself in, then held the door open for me as I blinked in a stunned sort of shock. He shut the door when I came in and dropped the keys in the dish by the door as he looked around. "Wow. This place is... retro? It needs a huge facelift, doesn't it?"

"Umm... It was my grandparents, then my parents. They never really changed much. Especially once they started traveling, they didn't really need to. Umm... the basement is through there, the door next to the garage door."

I followed him down the steps and watched him circle the hot water heater and furnace. "Well, good news and bad news," he called.

"Ok?" I asked nervously. "Good news is, I can fix it. Bad news is, I'll have to wait for parts. Parts won't be cheap on this old model either. You might be better off upgrading. I might be able to jerry-rig it for a temporary fix, but that might now work either. For now you may have to do the old heat water on the stove trick. That old stove work?"

"Umm... I didn't check it? And there's no running water in the kitchen? But there is in the bathroom."

He snorted a laugh. "Looks like you need quite a bit of work done!"

"No, I will get to it eventually! I can take care of all of it slowly. None of it is..."

"Stop acting all worried, Ava," he smiled his dazzling smile. "None of this is a big deal and if I didn't want to help I wouldn't be here. Now come on, show me the rest of the house so I can see what else needs done."

I felt a little anxious as I led him up the stairs and showed him the sink. He looked under it, then nodded. "I have what I need to fix it in the truck," he told me, turning to the stove. "Avocado green," he grinned. "They don't make'm like these anymore! Still works! Oven too. When did you get the power turned on?" he asked, opening the fridge and sticking his hand in.

"Day before yesterday? I called before I came to have it done."

"Well, don't put anything in here that might spoil. You can keep things cool, but nothing will keep. I can look and see if I can fix it, but let me look around and see what else needs fixed."

"You really don't have to," I told him quickly.

He just grinned at me as he went down the hall and stepped into the bathroom. I hovered at the door until he came out and opened the door across the hall.

"That's just my old bedroom!" I told him quickly as he looked around.

"Wow. Guess your folks didn't believe in updating anything or moving on?" he asked, sounding like he was a little surprised.

He stepped out, then went down to the last room, my parents room.

"Guess you've been working on this room? This where you'll be sleeping probably?" he asked.

"Umm, yeah. Probably, it is the master bedroom."

"Yeah. Foundation seems great, no leaks that I saw anywhere either. I'll get up in the attic and on the roof later," he told me, turning a circle in the room. He looked down at me again, then grinned. "Why don't you come over here a minute?" he asked, catching my arm and pulling me to sit on the bed. "How could a girl as hot as you have possibly escaped my notice?" he asked, pushing me to lay back on the bed and leaning over me.

"Get up! I... look. I just got out of a bad divorce and I'm not looking for..."

"Of course you are," he teased, leaning closer. "It's what all you girls wanted. A chance at me. My bed for a night. That's why you got me here, right?" he asked, leaning closer and trying to kiss me.

"NO! No, I told you NOT to come! More than once!"

"You tried to play it off, but an idiot could see you wanted to get me here alone in your bedroom," he rumbled, taking hold of my wrist as I tried to push him off of me. He caught my other wrist and held them both above my head in one hand as he smirked down at me. "All you girls always tryin' to get me into your beds. Some things never change, do they?" he asked, sliding his free hand down and cupping my breast through my shirt and bra. "Fuck these tits are nice, babe."

"Stop! Stop it now, I mean it! I don't want this, I don't want you here at all! I never liked you, Gerrid! I always thought you were a jerk!"

"Sure you did," he chuckled, sliding his hand down further and unbuttoning my pants. "Just relax, babe. I got you," he whispered, kissing my jaw.

"STOP!" I screamed, trying to kick at him.

"That's enough of that, babe," he growled, his massive hand gripping my thigh painfully. "No more of that bullshit, ever. I don't like it."

I stared up at him in horror, shaking my head. "Please don't do this?" I pleaded as he started shoving my pants down. "I really don't want this? Please? I just want to..."

"Shhh, babe," he rumbled, trying to kiss my lips again. "No more fake protests. I know what you want and I'm here to give it to you. Nnn, fuck. I like that bald little pussy. That looks good enough to eat," he breathed, looking down at my exposed sex as he worked my pants down further along with my underwear. When he got them far enough, he shoved them off with his long legs before moving up to undo his own jeans.

"Please please please," I begged, shaking my head. "Don't do this! I don't want this, please!"

"No more babe," he growled, jerking my hips around so I was under him. "I know you want my cock. You want me. You've been dreaming of this," he whispered, then spit on his fingers and rubbed it over my pussy.

I squealed in revulsion and his hand tightened painfully around my wrists.

"Shut the fuck up!" he grated through clenched teeth. "Knock that shit off right now! You want this! You ALL want this!" he roared, then rammed his thick cock into me.

I let out a wail of shock and horror as he spread me open and pounded into my inner wall hard enough to bruise me.

"Fuuuck," he groaned, his head tilting back as he closed his eyes. "You feel so fucking good. So fucking hot, babe. So fucking tight. You like this cock, babe?" he asked, easing out slowly, then pushing back in just as slowly.

I shook my head, sobbing as he leaned over me and held my face in his free hand. He was slow and gentle after the initial push, making love to me as he whispered to me. All I could do was shake my head and pray for it to be over soon. When it started to feel good, I opened my eyes and shook my head harder. No! No, I didn't want that! Not for him!

"Fuck, baby," he whispered. "I can't wait to eat that pussy. Hold your tight little body up against the wall and make you ride my face. You want that baby? You want me to make you scream for me? Nnn, fuck. God you fucking feel good, baby. You want my cum, Ava? You want me to cum on your face? Your tits? Inside you? You want to swallow it for me? Mmm, baby, tell me where you want it!" he groaned. I only sobbed, shaking my head.

He shoved off of me suddenly and pulled out, shoving my shirt up as He stroked his cock above me. He came, shooting a long rope of hot cum all over my bra, part of it hitting my neck. The next long rope landed between my breasts, then another over my bra again before the last one shot out onto my stomach.

"Fuck, baby," he panted, falling into bed next to me as he grabbed my arm so I couldn't get up. "That was fucking hot. I love the lacy frilly bra, the white looks great over that hot pink lace. Should have taken a pic of your bra and matching panties. Those are real fucking nice."

"Please let me go!" I begged.

"A minute, babe," he panted. "Just stay close here a minute. Let me catch my breath, then I'll fix the sink."

"No! I just want you to leave!"

"Don't get all dramatic on me," he laughed, rolling to his side to look down at me. "That was fucking good, babe. Don't go getting all pouty on me now, you know I hate that shit."

How could I possibly know that?!? What was wrong with him?

"Come on. Let's get you cleaned up and you can put your clothes back on," he grinned, then leaned in and kissed my lips before I could turn away.

I felt completely numb as he cleaned me off, taking my bra off for me and tossing it down before pulling my shirt down.

"Your tits look great through that shirt," he grinned. "Come on. I have my tools in the truck," he told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me outside with him to his truck.

I looked around, still numb as he handed me a small bag, then lifted a large toolbox out of the bed. He pulled me right back inside and kicked the door shut before letting my hand go as he swung me towards the kitchen.

"Pull up a chair, babe, you can hand me tools."

"I don't want you to fix anything," I told him, a bare whisper. "I just want you to leave!"

"I told you to quit pouting, Ava," he admonished. "You're just fine. I'll make sure you get yours before bed tonight, ok? That make you feel better? If I make you come for me? Make you scream my name?"

"No," I shook my head, confused at how obtuse he was being. "No, I don't want you in my house! I want you to leave! You just RAPED me!"

He laughed, shaking his head. "Don't be such a drama queen. You brought me here to fuck you, you got what you wanted and you fucking loved it. I bet your pussy is still wet for me, isn't it? No more of that talk, Ava, or I get to spank you like a bad little girl. Is that what you want? That get you off? Being spanked? You want daddy to spank you? Make you be a good girl for him? I can do that," he smirked. "Open your mouth to complain again and I'll know that's what you want."