All Comments on 'The Rise of Rachel Price T-Girl Pt. 28'

by racheprice

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow10 months ago

The addition of Rachel's parents is genius. Cannot stress enough how I love your work.

FernVillaFernVilla10 months ago

Nice touch giving Rachel 'real' English parents.

FernVillaFernVilla10 months ago

A suggestion, if the castle is going to feature I would suggest a restoration along the lines of William Burges's Gothic Revival style make over of Castell Coch.

annika_unknownannika_unknown10 months ago

How heart-meltingly charming! Even if the "parents" angle in England is a calculatingly obsessive act on Levant's part, the characters come alive with warmth, genuine warmth! I can't think of another story on this site with the depth and warmth of this one. How can Rachel keep from shedding tears in this encounter? Even if this scene with Richard and Gwendolyne is straight out of a spy novel, these the two British people are as warm and endearing as possible. Fused with the initial part of this episode, Rachel has become herself.

More later.

Annika

JulieDraperJulieDraper10 months ago

In the words of one Ronny Corbett, " I digress ". I love the add in side stories surprising us in every chapter.

annika_unknownannika_unknown10 months ago

It's the romantic in me, I realize, but once again, racheprice, you brought tears to my eyes. Although I know you have a story to tell (or Rachel has one to tell...) after Douglas introduces Rachel to her "parents," and Rachel takes ownership of her castle, I can't bear to see this story end nor can I bear to have it end without Rachel and Douglas getting married (or working out a long-term relationship).

If your writing wasn't so good I wouldn't have this profound reaction. Maybe my memory is faulty (though i don't think there's anything wrong with my memory neurons) but I can't think of another story that's brought out this side of me.

Congratulations: I can only enjoy being in this state.

Annika

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I like the idea Rachel has maintained the thought of going back to being Denver when the contract is up. Kind of a David and Goliath thing, but I'm getting the feeling that he's losing control of his original goals and losing himself, family and identity. It's what has made this such an awesome story, Denver always kept his eye on the ball. Except for his dipshit move of risking everything with this Hunter thing. It's just me, but I hope, no matter how it turns out, the battle continues.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userracheprice@racheprice
Rachel Price is a dangerous and elusive Bay Area writer known for her controversial and provocative works. Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rachel began writing at a young age as a means of expressing her complex and often disturbing thoughts and experiences. Sh...