The Road Not Taken

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The gag muffled Sally's voice, but the look in her eyes told volumes. Yes, she did love it.

-=-=-=-

Sally's love of toys was never more evident a week later when she shared her bed with a 25 year old athletic blonde with fire-gold hair named Kelly. A long hard double-ended dildo connected the two woman as they rocked each other to orgasm after orgasm. In Jennifer's sizzling dreams that night, she was the woman on the other side of that artificial cock.

-=-=-=-

Melissa was the next woman's name. She had long waist length hair that was a sort of blonde/brunette cross and a delightful 35C bust. Their lovemaking that night was somewhat more conventional but inspiring none the less.

-=-=-=-

Finally there was Teresa, a tall full figured blonde who showed that given the mood, Sally could be dominant as well as submissive.

-=-=-=-

In the two months since Jennifer's nocturnal voyeurism had begun, she had undergone some major changes in her thinking. There was a time that she would've thought of any woman who had so many different lovers as a slut, pure and simple. Now it just seemed to her that Sally was just living an adventurous sex life. What really amazed her was the way that Sally could keep the different aspects of her life apart.

For most of the week she was in every aspect a pillar of the community. A tireless and dedicated nurse who not only put in long hours at the hospital but also spent part of her day off at the free clinic downtown. Then come Saturday night it was as if she only had to throw a switch and be transformed into a dynamo of lesbian lust.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Excuse me, does Sally Yee live here?" said a strong feminine voice from behind Jennifer as she worked in the garden.

Jennifer looked up from her work to see a tall black woman standing on the other side of the bushes. At least 5'9", she had very dark skin which formed a perfect contrast with exquisitely styled white hair. The woman, who introduced herself as Dr. Cheryl Barrret, had one of the prettiest faces that Jennifer had ever seen on any woman and was also blessed with a body just as perfect. If she hadn't introduced herself as a doctor, Jennifer would've put her occupation as a model.

"Yes, Sally lives here." Jennifer replied as she wiped her hands on the wet washrag she always kept around when she did yard work. "But I'm afraid that she's not home yet."

"Oh, that's too bad." Cheryl said as she glanced at her watch. "I was hoping to catch her before I had to go to work."

"Well she should be home in about a half hour." Jennifer offered as she glanced at her own watch. "You're welcome to wait if you want. Can I offer you some lemonade or something?"

"That sounds fine, thank you." Cheryl said with a smile. "As long as I'm not keeping you from anything."

"Not at all," Jennifer said as she opened the door to the kitchen. "I was just about to knock off anyway. Make yourself comfortable."

Through the large kitchen window, Jennifer watched as the well dressed woman took a seat on the porch. A tall, cold drink in each hand, she quickly joined her.

"Do you also work at Metropolitan?" Jennifer asked as she watched the woman take a sip of the drink.

"No, I have a private practice." the 37 year old replied. "But I do have rights at the hospital. This is excellent lemonade by the way."

"Thanks." Jennifer said. "It's a recipe my Grandmother taught me."

As they each took another taste, Jennifer couldn't help but wonder if Cheryl would be the woman she saw when she looked through her peephole tomorrow night. A large part of her hoped it was. The woman was beautiful, there was no concealing that. Not even the stylish but conservative white blouse and matching blue jacket and skirt could hide the ample endowments beneath them.

Jennifer had never seen a naked black woman. There had been no black girls in her classes back in school and Jack's taste in adult entertainment didn't run in that direction. She wondered what Cheryl's nipples looked like, if they were large or small. Or even if they were darker than the rest of her skin. Hopefully, she would have the chance to find out.

That was something else new that Jennifer had discovered about herself in the last ten weeks. The 38 year old couldn't look at a woman anymore, even her oldest and closest friends, without imagining what they looked like naked.

The two women chatted about innocuous subjects and twenty minutes passed quickly. Out of the corner of her eye, Jennifer spotted Sally coming down the street.

"Here she is now." she remarked as she stood up and waved to get the Asian woman's attention. "Sally, back here." she called out.

Smiling, Sally followed the stone walk to the patio. The smile changed to a startled look when she spotted Cheryl.

"Cheryl!" she said, the surprise in her voice evident.

"I'm sorry to stop by unannounced." the tall woman said as she rose to her feet. "But I really didn't want to just leave a message on your answering machine."

"Is something wrong?" Sally asked, the surprise in her voice quickly changing to concern.

"No, nothing like that." Cheryl answered quickly. "Actually, it's good news. I've been offered a chance to take part in a two week seminar with Dr. Simon Nickols. One of the other participants had to bow out at the last minute."

"That's great." Sally said, her face lighting up.

Jennifer had no idea who this Dr. Nickols was, but it was obvious from Sally's reaction that he was someone important.

"The problem is that I have to be in San Francisco by tomorrow. My flight leaves in about three hours."

"So what's the problem, get on the plane." Sally said.

"Tomorrow night...remember?" Cheryl said. "The ..."

She stopped in mid-sentence as she remembered Jennifer was there with them.

"It's okay," Sally said, guessing the reason for Cheryl's sudden pause. "Jennifer knows I'm a lesbian."

"Oh," the dark skinned woman said, looking at Jennifer for a moment and then turning her attention back to Sally. "Tomorrow night is the dance."

Her emphasis on 'the dance' told Jennifer that this was no ordinary function. Quietly she stood there, hoping to hear more.

"Don't worry about that." Sally replied. "You just get on that plane."

"I'm really sorry, I know how much you were looking forward to it." Cheryl said in her most apologetic tone. "It's too late for you to ask anyone else and ..."

"Don't think another minute about that." Sally said as she pressed a long slender finger to Cheryl's bright red lips. "You just go and have a great time."

"You're sure?" Cheryl said.

"Go!" Sally said in a forceful yet caring tone.

She planted a quick kiss on Cheryl's cheek and whispered something in her ear. Without another word, the tall blue suited woman turned and walked to her car.

As soon as she was out of sight, the look of support on Sally's face faded and Jennifer could see the slightest look of disappointment in its place.

"I guess this dance was pretty important." Jennifer said. "And I'm assuming Cheryl was your date for the evening."

"Yes to both." Sally answered. "The dance is sponsored by the Sean McMurphy Memorial Fund. It's one of the biggest events of the year in our circle of friends."

"And I guess it goes without saying that it's a couples only event and all your friends are already matched up." Jennifer added.

Sally's expression signaled agreement.

"So I guess you'll have to find a new date by tomorrow night."

"That's easier said than done." Sally sighed, the measure of disappointment very evident.

"Oh, I don't know." Jennifer countered. "I really don't have any plans for the weekend."

"What?" Sally said a little surprised.

"I said, I'm free for the weekend." Jennifer repeated. "And it's been ages since I've gone dancing. I'd love to go with you. Unless of course I'm not the type of woman that you'd like to be seen with?"

"Oh no, of course not." Sally said. "It's just that I never considered the idea that you'd want to go. I mean, its just a dance and all, but I think most straight women would be afraid of being labeled 'lesbian by association.' Of course it's being held out in Tompkins County so there's little chance of anyone you know seeing you here."

Jennifer's proposal that she go with Sally had been so spur of the moment, she'd never considered the idea that someone she knew might see her at such an event. If she had considered that idea, she might not have made the suggestion. The knowledge that the dance was being held in a town almost a hundred miles away saved the brunette the embarrassment of trying to back out of her rash idea.

"I'd love for you to come with me." Sally said with a bright smile. "But don't you think Jack would have a problem with it. I mean, he doesn't even know about me and from what I've observed, he's not the most liberal person I've ever met."

"Oh don't worry about Jack." Jennifer said as the idea of attending the dance with Sally began to become more and more attractive. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides, he's going to be away on a business trip this weekend."

What Jennifer didn't mention was that going along with Jack on his business trip was his 22 year old secretary. Over the last few months, she had become sure that she was taking a most particular form of dictation from her husband. She'd met Karen a few times and it was obvious that the big breasted blonde was hired more for her measurements than her intellect. Sometimes, stereotypes did prove true.

"I guess it would be all right then." Sally concluded. "As long as you're sure that you won't feel too uncomfortable going to a dance where there are only other women to dance with."

"Hey, it'll be just like back in high school." Jennifer laughed. Of course, back in high school it was only the boys trying to get in her pants.

Saturday morning, Jennifer practically threw Jack out of the house and sent him on his way. By the time he was out of the shower, she'd had his overnight bag waiting by the door and breakfast waiting in the kitchen.

Over a quick meal of pancakes and sausages, Jennifer casually mentioned that she was going to a medical association dinner with Sally that night. She said that the doctor that was originally going with Sally had be called away and that as long as the seat was already paid for, it was a crime to let it go to waste. So if Jack called that night, she would be out.

"After all, since you and Karen will be wrapped up in business meetings all weekend, there's no need for me to sit home alone." Jennifer said as she cleared the dishes.

A guilty look flashed across Jack's face that only helped confirm Jennifer's suspicions. The mention that Karen was going with him on the overnight trip upset Jack enough for him to simply accept Jennifer's plans at face value and to hope she didn't dwell too much on her presence.

Jennifer spent a good part of the afternoon at her favorite beauty salon getting her hair done. In retrospect, she wished she'd gone to one on the other side of town. The beautician who was cutting her hair was a friend of a friend and much too nosy to suit Jennifer's taste. When asked what kind of event she needed her hair done up for, Jennifer had said a dinner dance and expected to leave it at that. Instead, the girl then proceeded to ask a hundred questions that simply were none of her business. Still, the inquisition had been worth it, her hair looked incredible. She hoped Sally appreciated it.

After a small lunch while she was still downtown, Jennifer returned home to get ready for the evening. Prudence called for a warm bath in place of the shower Jennifer usually enjoyed. After all, it would be pretty silly to spend so much money on her hair only to stick it under a showerhead. Running the water until it was a comfortable temperature, Jennifer took care of more practical toiletries while she waited.

Five minutes later, Jennifer eased herself into the oversized tub. The heat of the water felt good as it penetrated her body. She should take the time to do this more often, she told herself. The tub was wide and long enough that she could stretch her whole body out.

After a few minutes of just soaking and enjoying the warmth, Jennifer began to wash with a large bar of perfumed soap. The hot water felt good as it splashed across her breasts. She ran her soapy fingers across her large mounds, playing with her nipples. A familiar tingle brought a smile to her face.

Closing her bright green eyes, Jennifer imagined that she wasn't alone in the tub. It was something that she often fantasized. The only change this time was that it was Sally's image that filled her mind instead of some nameless, faceless lover.

Jennifer slid the bar of soap down between her legs and began rubbing the wet mound. Somehow, the image of an actual person in her mind made her familiar practice that much more enjoyable. Letting the pink bar float free, she slipped a finger inside herself, uttering a soft moan as she did. A second finger followed, and then a third. Soon she was furiously pumping them in and out. While the warm water and her fingers caressed her love canal, her thumb played against her clit. A familiarity with her own body dating back to when she was twelve brought her quickly to the edge of bliss.

The 38 year old leaned back against the soft plastic cushion built against the head of the tub, her eyes still tightly closed, lost in the moment. All that existed at that moment was the warmth of the water, the pleasure between her legs, and the image of her lover in her mind - a mixture of fantasy and reality.

It wasn't long before Jennifer's body began to trembled as her orgasm was upon her. Her mouth formed a silent O as her legs and arms grew weak and repeated waves of delight rippled up and down her naked form.

For long moments she just drifted there, even after her bodyquake had ceased. She just listened to the twin sounds of her heartbeat and the gentle flow of the water as it bounced off her. Those first moments after an orgasm were meant to be relished, something Jack had never come to understand in the twenty-odd years they'd been together. Usually, the moment he had climaxed, he was up and out of her and on his way to sleep. Of course in this instance, Jack was ever so far from her thoughts.

Eventually, the water and Jennifer's fires began to cool and she lifted herself out of the tub. Dripping water, she stepped up and out of the tub and onto the carpeted floor. She retrieved a large bath towel from the wall bar and began to dry herself.

Enjoying the sensation of the soft cloth against her nipples. Jennifer stopped for a moment and took a long look at herself in the bathroom's full length mirror.

"Not bad Jenn, not bad at all." the brunette mused to herself. "Jack really should take a good look at what he's tossing away."

If she was totally honest, Jennifer would admit to herself that yes, Karen did have a much hotter body that she did. Yes, her breasts were both bigger and firmer and her ass and legs lacked the extras, small as they might be, the years had put on Jennifer. Yet the one area where Jennifer had it all over her younger rival was that Jennifer's body came with a brain - and that was the ultimate sexual organ. If Jack didn't appreciate what he had and was willing to toss it all away, well screw him. Better yet, let Karen take care of that little chore. They were long past the staying together for the kids sake stage. It was time that Jennifer saw what else life had to offer.

"Jennifer?" Sally called out as she knocked on the open door and stepped into the living room. "Jennifer, are you ready?" she called out a second time.

"Be right down." came a voice from up the stairs in the direction of the bedroom. "Make yourself comfortable."

Taking a seat on the couch, Sally was careful to adjust her dress. The black gown had cost her more than any dress she had ever owned. Low cut in the front, putting her milky white breasts on display in the most tasteful way possible, it had an equally plunging back which made it fortunate that she almost never wore a bra. Only a thin half support held her bosom in check.

A string of perfect white pearls hung around her neck, a gift left to her from her late grandmother. Her family had been furious when they discovered that the priceless family heirloom had been left to their disowned daughter. Grandmother Hsu had been the only one in her family not to disown her. After surviving a civil war, interrupted temporarily by a world war and then fleeing to a strange new land where she had to start a new life, Hsu Chi-wang was not about to also lose her favorite granddaughter as she had lost so much in her life. She may not have understood the forces that drove Sau-ling to make the decisions she had, but she loved her enough to respect them.

For the twentieth time, Sally checked her reflection in the large mirror hanging over the fireplace. Tonight was so very important and she wanted to look perfect. Like Jennifer, she had spent part of the afternoon getting her hair done, although with a more cooperative hairstylist. Her long silken black hair had been weaved into an elaborate hairstyle. She wore only the barest traces of makeup, just enough to highlight her natural beauty. A pair of small pearl earrings that she had bought for herself when she graduated nursing school completed her accessories.

Again satisfied with her appearance, Sally reminded herself how lucky she was to have a friend like Jennifer Sutherland. She would've died if she had to cancel going to tonight's event. After the dinner dance tonight she would officially be one of "The Sisterhood."

An organization older than she was, it was sort of like a sorority for lesbians and bisexual women. A sisterhood where you could turn to for help in any number of areas from emotional to financial to professional. Cheryl had proposed her for membership a year ago and if she didn't attend the dinner tonight, it would be a year before there was another one.

"Ready." Jennifer said as she walked into the room.

So wrapped up in her thoughts, Sally didn't hear Jennifer come down the stars. Now that she had her attention, it hit her like a sledgehammer.

"Oh my lord!" Sally exclaimed as she turned and watched Jennifer enter the room.

Jennifer stood in the center of the double doorway wearing an emerald jade evening dress that matched her eyes. Not as low cut as Sally's, it was covered in back by a pair of cris-crossing straps. The bottom of the gown stretched almost to the floor but was slit up the sides allowing both ease of moment as well as a view of the long legs beneath it. Around her neck, Jennifer wore a gold herringbone chain which drew attention to the valley of her breasts. Twin diamonds in a gold setting hung from each of her earlobes, sparking from the overhead lights.

"Too much?" Jennifer asked.

"Oh no, not at all." Sally replied, regaining her power of speech. "It's just that I've never seen you like this. The effect is, to say the least, breathtaking."

"Why thank you." Jennifer smiled, exposing pearl white teeth beneath her soft red lips. "But it is getting late and it's a long drive. Shouldn't we get going?"

"You're right." Sally said as she picked up the night wrap she had draped across the couch.

Jennifer breathed a sigh of relief as she took her own wrap from out of the closet. Sally had said that the dinner was formal but she was afraid that she had gone overboard. It had been fun getting all dressed up, a chance to put herself on display. The last two times she and Jack had been out, it had been to functions where a simple dress or a pants suit were more in order. She hadn't worn this gown in years and was happily surprised when she took it out last night and found it still fit.