The Road Not Taken

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,179 Followers

The drive out to Tompkins County took just under two hours. The actual dinner-dance was being held outside of town in what appeared to be from the outside a Victorian mansion that had seen better years. On the way over, Sally had explained to Jennifer about the Sisterhood. Partly to let her know exactly what she was getting into and partly to give her one last chance to back out.

"Is there some kind of ceremony?" Jennifer had asked, visions of some kind of lesbian orgy vivid in her mind.

"Not really." Sally said. "At least not much of one. Just attending the event is ceremony enough. When you sit down, you find a small red velvet box with a gold pin at your table setting. After the welcome, your date pins you and you are a member. It's rather simple, but I think that its beauty is in that simplicity."

Jennifer's initial conclusion about the dilapidated condition of the old house proved to be oh so totally wrong. From the outside, yes it did look like an old house which stood alone on a dozen acres. The type of building that fills many a teen fright film. Once inside however, you stepped into another age.

The walls of every room were warm and colorful. Paintings of a variety of women filled the halls, brightly illuminated by the light of crystal chandeliers. A long corridor led to what must've once originally been a ballroom. It had been restored to its original 19th century splendor.

At the entranceway stood a dozen young women dressed in white. They were busy checking names on a master list and directing people to seating assignments.

"This is amazing." Jennifer whispered to Sally. "I've never seen a place like this."

"This is nothing." Sally answered almost inaudibly. "Cheryl told me that they have some sort of resort in the Caribbean where they have an even more spectacular place."

Their quiet conversation was cut short as they reached the long check-in table and a tall cute blonde took Sally's name. Noting the gold check next to Sally's name, the blonde's smile grew even brighter as she welcomed the two women yet again and offered her congratulations. She then directed them to a table on the far right of the room.

At the table, there were small placards with seating assignments. Thankfully, theirs simply said Sally Yee and guest. Jennifer worried for a moment that her's might have Cheryl's name on it. Next to the plate in front of Sally's chair was a small red velvet box, the only one on the table. Glancing around her, Jennifer saw a few other table with the single red box. Evidently they had scattered any new inductees among older members. A good practice she thought.

"Would either of you ladies like a drink?" one of the white garbed young women asked as she pulled out the two chairs for them to sit.

"Yes, thank you." Sally said as she moved to their seat. "Jennifer?" she asked, turning to her friend.

The blonde attendant wrote down both Jennifer's and Sally's orders on a small notepad she wore around her neck. A few minutes later, a third girl appeared with the drinks. Jennifer hadn't gotten service this good in five star restaurants.

"Thank you." Jennifer said as she took her drink.

It was then that she noted that all of the serving girls were long haired blondes. It made for a nice effect.

"It's nice to see you again, Sally." the waitress said as she placed the drink in front of the Asian woman.

That was when it hit Jennifer.

"Oh God!" she exclaimed in her mind. "That's the girl from Sally's room."

Sure enough it was, the one that Jennifer had thought so resembled the teenager from that old sitcom. Up close like this, it was obvious that she was indeed of legal age.

'It's nice to see you too, Maureen." Sally said, returning the girl's smile.

"Is there something wrong?" Sally asked as she noticed the momentary discomfort on her guest's face.

"No, everything's fine." Jennifer quickly answered. "I'm just trying to take everything in. This is all very exciting."

Larger groups of women began to fill the room and it wasn't long before most of the tables were filled - theirs included. The other four couples at their table were a varied combination of ages and races. All of them were very pleasant and welcomed the two of them to the dinner.

Jennifer noted that everyone seemed to be waiting for something before starting dinner. A glance in Sally's direction invoked the response that they were waiting for their hostess.

A few minutes later, the clock chimed eight and a tall white haired woman strode in through the huge double doors. Jennifer thought she was in her mid-fifties and was stunned to learn that she had just passed her 70th birthday. Her dress was simple yet elegant. Her only adornment was round gold rimmed glasses.

Walking side-by-side with the woman were two young women in the same simple white outfits the blondes had worn. Only in this case, both of the new arrivals were brunettes.

In answer to her unspoken question, one of the older members identified the woman as Miss Scarlett McMurphy - the founder of the Sisterhood and its leader since the mid 1950's.

"Ladies." Scarlett said as she reached her own place at her table, which was identical to every other table. "I'd like to welcome all of my sisters, both old and new."

Bursts of applause erupted from every table, testament to the esteem in which the older woman was held by all.

"I raise this glass in welcome to our newest sisters." Scarlett said in a surprisingly strong voice as she lifted a glass of white wine off the table. "May they be acolytes no longer and instead be counted among us as true Sisters."

With that, the attention of all the members turned to the acolytes seated at their tables. With renewed enthusiasm they applauded as each remembered their own induction. Jennifer was unsure how to react until she saw a few of the women pick up the small red boxes and open them. Remembering what Sally had told her in the car on the trip up here about the initiation ceremony, she likewise followed suit.

Inside the velvet box was a small gold rose. It was a simple design, its significance far outweighing its worth. Sally had stood up by this point, beaming at her moment of fame. Imitating the women she saw at the other tables, Jennifer took the gold pin and attached it to Sally's gown. That simple act was followed by an even more thunderous applause.

Retaking their seats, the women heard Scarlett complete the simple ceremony with an invocation that they should always be as they are now - friends and equals.

No sooner had Scarlett retaken her seat when two dozen of the white clad blondes appeared, each bearing plates with what was to prove to be a most appetizing dinner.

Near the end of dinner, another face familiar to Jennifer came up to the table and embraced Sally. The two woman exchanged friendly kisses and hugs.

"Oh Sally mon amour, je suis si heureuse pour toi. Maintenant que nous sommes soeurs tu dois venir me rendre visite a Montreal." the young woman said as she hugged Sally once more.

"Je le ferai, ma cherie. Peut-etre cet ete." Sally answered as she kissed Maria again on her cheek.

Suddenly, Jennifer felt like the proverbial fifth wheel. Then almost as if Sally could read her mind she turned to her and smiled.

"Would you like to dance?" Sally suddenly asked Jennifer as Marie went on to speak with someone else.

"I'd love to." Jennifer replied.

Once out on the dance floor, Jennifer became all too aware of the nearness of Sally's body to her own. Glancing down, she could see down the valley of her breasts in the revealing dress and she experienced a rapid flush. It wasn't the first time she'd danced with another woman but it was the first time she'd been sexually excited by doing so. She could feel the warmth of Sally's skin beneath her hand and the gentle touch of her cheek against her own.

"I do want to thank you again for coming here with me." Sally whispered. "This means so much to me."

"I'm glad." Jennifer replied. "I'm having a wonderful time. I'm glad I came along."

"You're as good a dancer as you are a friend." Sally complemented.

"That goes both ways." was Jenn's answer.

The slow song went on as the two women swayed across the dance floor in each other grasp. It felt so right and natural, and best of all, in this company no one would give them a second glance except in admiration.

"You smell so nice." Sally said as the sweet aroma of Jennifer's perfume filled her. "I've always loved that scent."

"I'll have to get you some." Jennifer suggested.

The music ended and with it the dance. Jennifer and Sally slowly, hesitantly broke their embrace. They stood there, inches apart until Jennifer impulsively kissed Sally.

The brief touch of her lips against Jennifer's took Sally by surprise. It was as pleasing as it was unexpected.

"That's just my little congratulations as well." said Jennifer in hindsight.

"Can I cut in?" a tall redhead said as the music began to start up again and she held out her hand to Sally.

"It's okay, I'll just wait back at the table." Jennifer said as she began to step away from Sally.

"Nonsense," the redhead said. "We'll just switch partners." she added as she motioned to the older woman she'd been dancing with.

Before Jennifer could comment, the redhead's previous dance partner had taken her in hand and led her to another section of the dance floor. The dance was another slow one and as she put her arms around Jennifer she asked if she should lead.

"Please do." Jennifer replied, thinking what the hell, she might as well enjoy the night as much as she could. And she was enjoying herself.

"So where has Sally been hiding you." the black and gray haired woman said as they moved across the floor.

"Oh we're just friends." Jennifer answered. "I'm not...I mean..."

"It's all right, I understand." the 50 year woman said with a smile. "But I can't shake the feeling that we've met somewhere before."

"Oh I'm sure we haven't." Jennifer insisted.

"I guess you're right." she agreed. "I know I would've remembered a pretty woman such as yourself. My name's Rose by the way."

"It's nice to meet you Rose." Jennifer smiled, enjoying both the dance and the sudden memory of the orgasm she had enjoyed as she watched Rose Marie fuck her friend.

As wonderful as the night had been, it had to end eventually. It was long after one in the morning when the party finally started to break up. Everyone was saying their farewells among a bevy of kisses and hugs.

"Are you ready?" Sally asked Jennifer as she waved good-bye to a woman across the room.

"Yes. I can't remember the last time I felt so exhausted and so exhilarated at the same time." Jennifer replied. "I had so much fun."

"No wonder you're wiped out." Sally laughed. "You must've danced with almost every woman in the place. Everyone kept asking who you were. A few even asked me for your phone number."

"You didn't?" Jennifer asked in mock horror.

"No, I just said you were unavailable." Sally grinned.

"Good." was Jennifer's reply in mock relief. "I really hadn't planned on dancing so much, but once I got started I couldn't stop."

"Well as long as you had fun." Sally said. "We'd better get to the motel, it's really late "

"That was a good idea you had, renting a room so we wouldn't have to drive all the way home." Jennifer said. "I think I'd fall asleep behind the wheel."

"We definitely wouldn't want that." Sally said.

The Oakdale Heights Motel was only a quarter mile down the road and they were there in ten minutes. If the desk clerk thought it strange that two women in evening wear had reserved a room for the night he gave it no mention. All he cared was that they had paid in advance for the room for the whole night which was a lot more than most of his customers did. They were more interested in the hourly rate, or in the case of many of the teenagers - the half hour rate.

"Well it's not much, but it's a soft bed and running water." Sally said as she stepped into the room.

"You can have the running water, I'll take the soft bed." Jennifer said as she followed Sally into the room.

"All right, I'll wash up first." Sally said as she took her overnight bag and stepped into the very small bathroom.

Sally exited the bathroom ten minutes later wearing a short blue teddy and nothing else. Her nipples were clearly visible through the thin material and the bottom of the small outfit barely extended below her exposed pussy.

"All yours." she said as she tossed her bag on the floor alongside the bed. "You have any preference?" she asked, indicating the twin beds.

"No, I'll take whatever's left." Jennifer called out from the bathroom.

Cleaning up took only a few minutes and the splash of water against her face helped clear Jennifer's head. It was a good thing that Sally did the driving over here because Jennifer was sure she'd had too much to drink. It wasn't as if she was drunk or anything but better to not take any chances.

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a cotton nightshirt that she had packed. She held it up in front of her in the mirror and looked at her reflection.

"Now that's boring." she said to herself. "But thankfully I packed more than one."

With that she pulled out a sheer pink chemise and matching coat. It was an old habit that she'd developed over the years. She'd always carry something plain in her overnight bag which gave Jack a non-verbal message that she wasn't in the mood. If she ever came into a bedroom with full pajamas he might as well grab his pillow and head for the couch. There had been a lot of those pajama nights over the last year.

Wrapping the coat around her, she exited the bathroom and walked across the room to the bed on the far right. She took off the coat, which was after all mainly worn for effect and stood highlighted in front of the night table lamp. The chemise was even sheerer than Sally's teddy and as she stood sideways, her ample breasts were clearly visible.

"Goodnight." she said as she crawled into the bed.

"Goodnight Jennifer." Sally said as she watched her friend in the light.

"Shit!" Jennifer suddenly called out as she jumped up in bed.

"What's wrong?" Sally called out as she also jumped up.

"The damn bed's broken." Jennifer called out. "One of the springs is sticking out of the mattress."

Pulling back the sheets, Jennifer exposed the broken spring. It was sticking a good inch out of the mattress.

"Well I can't sleep here." Jennifer noted.

"I'll call the front office, maybe they have some kind of roll-away bed or something." Sally suggested.

"Forget that, I've slept on one of those things once - never again." Jennifer answered.

"Well, these beds are pretty large, you're welcome to share mine." Sally finally offered.

A quick look of concern flashed across Jennifer's face as she considered the idea. A look that didn't go unnoticed by Sally.

"If that's a problem, I'd be happy to take the roll-out and give you this bed." she added.

"No, it's not a problem." Jennifer finally smiled. "Not a problem at all. If I can put up with Jack's snoring I can put up with anyone."

Sally shifted over and made room for her friend on the left side of the bed. It wasn't long before both women were fast asleep. A sleep that was calm for Sally but troubled for Jennifer.

It wasn't that Jennifer didn't trust Sally that caused her to pause before sharing a bed, it was that she really didn't trust herself. Weeks of imagining that she was Sally's lover had taken their toll on her self-control. And tonight, as they danced together, everyone who watched them assumed that they were indeed lovers.

The erotic dreams of the past two months returned with what sleep Jennifer got. If anything they were now more intense as she now had bits of personality to match up to the faces that before had only been sexual images. She imaged herself licking away at Maureen's pussy while Marie performed a similar service on Jennifer's. While Marie licked at her clit, Rose Marie and her artificial manhood were assaulting the rest of Jenn's pussy. The Philippine and Japanese women who she didn't see at the dance also returned - each lovingly caressing one of her breasts. Finally out of the corner of her eye, she could see Sally. Totally nude, she was sitting at the feet of Scarlett McMurphy, who is turn was idly playing with Sally's breasts as she watched Jennifer and all her lovers.

"Oh my!" Jennifer said to herself as she snapped awake, her body covered in a film of sweat. "That was the most intense dream I've ever had."

But the half naked body pressed against her wasn't a dream. The small teddy Sally wore had been pushed up during the night, exposing her pussy to the night air. The illumination from the night light they'd left on was more than enough to give Jennifer a clear view. She had seen Sally nude so many times these last two months, but the feelings racing through her had never been this intense before. Her heart was racing and she wondered what it would be like to just touch her. Fate had thrown them together in a way that could make it possible. She would never get another chance like this.

"If I nudge up against her, I can always act like I'm doing it in my sleep." she thought.

Rolling over, Jennifer draped her arm around Sally's sleeping form, just like she had done a thousand nights with Jack. She shifted and hugged her body up against Sally. A smile filled her face as she felt the warmth of Sally's back through the thin material that covered her own breasts.

"This feel so nice." Jennifer thought again as she extended her left arm and hand along Sally's side, bringing it to a rest on her exposed stomach.

Taking a deep silent breath, Jennifer glided them upward under Sally's teddy until her fingers reached the underside of her left mound. The Asian woman's skin was so warm and soft to the touch. Hesitantly, listening for any sign of her wakening, Jennifer cupped the breast and softly squeezed.

"Oh!" Jennifer moaned wordlessly as the supple flesh gave way under the slightest pressure.

Carefully she began to massage Sally's mound, her fingers caressing the dark nipple. Feeling the nipple grow hard and erect under her touch, Jennifer became bolder.

Her eyes tightly closed, both to mimic sleep and to allow her to enjoy every tactile sensation without distraction, Jennifer reluctantly released Sally's breast and lowered her hand until it came to a rest on Sally's leg. The older woman had to suppress another sigh as her fingers made contact with the tightly trimmed hair between her smooth legs, concentrating instead on guiding it to the deep valley in the center of it. Electric sparks seemed to shoot up her fingers and through her arm as they brushed across Sally's clit. Carefully she brought them back across the tiny nub a second and third time. The only reaction from a still sleeping Sally was a soft murmur which Jennifer was more than willing to take as a sign of encouragement.

"Guess it's time to go for broke." Jennifer thought as her finger pressed against the center of Sally's pussy and parted the sensitive lips.

With a boldness she didn't have minutes before, Jennifer quickly located Sally's clit and began to rub against it. It only took a few minutes for her finger to become covered with Sally's juices and a quiet moan issued from the sleeping woman's lips.

A sudden louder moan caused a cold panic to flash through Jennifer's body, draining instantly the warmth she had been enjoying. Sure that Sally was waking up, she began to withdraw her finger.

Her slender fingers froze and became as cold as ice as she felt Sally's hand close on her's, restricting her movement.

"Don't stop." Sally whispered without turning her head.

"What?" Jennifer gasped.

Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,179 Followers