All Comments on 'The Roommate Experience Pt. 05'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Devastated

I think I am almost as devastated as Joe. I still want him and Laurie to end up together but I am rocked to my core.

PythiasPythiasalmost 6 years ago
Love Hate

I absolutely hate reading your stories as they come out because of chapter endings like this. That being said, if your story chapters can raise the emotions high and low, take that as doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work, mate!

AssignedNameAssignedNamealmost 6 years ago

I hope the next chapter doesn't take too long to come out.I really want to know what that note is supposed to mean.

KnightofoilKnightofoilalmost 6 years ago
What? Wat? Whaaaaaaht?

Wtf?? I figured she might shy back based on past or a tragity... But that was not what I was expecting that. It was almost a she was too good for him or she was expecting too get married by now. This is is a!most as bad as when I thought Coop did it.

He me resolve these feelings

DrizdartDrizdartalmost 6 years ago
Hope you stay on your 5 day schedule.

the turn in this story is the sort of complication I appreciate from writers, ones who are developing "real" characters and situations where they interact. Not everything runs smooth, not everything can be anticipated, and actions are understood differently by those with varied background.

I'm looking forward to finding out a bit more about what triggered Rose and if there is something that will allow an on-going relationship. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

ashleycooperashleycooperalmost 6 years ago
nooo!!

a sure sign of good writing is that I was so invested in these characters that I felt crushed when I read the note. Obviously I feel terrible for Joe, but poor Rose seems to have a serious issue with her self-image. Hopefully they work it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Wonderful writing. I feel traumatized. Easiest 5 stars ever.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 4 years ago
Two words

F&cking b&tch. Alternatively wonderful cliffhanger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What? Wait... what?

She left? WTF?

Not even in the vacinity, let alone the wheelhouse of the character you developed. Ambitions higher than 'getting laid' are, in ascending order:

-Becoming exclusive, either verbally, or through actions, (as roommates, actions work, but need to lead to verbal confirmation.)

-Doing things together other than sex.

-Professing 'Love'.

-Commiting to a long term relationship, either by moving in together, or by marriage.

Each of these ambitions beyond 'Getting Laid' involves communication, which allows discussion of future ambitions. Most sane people would have a discussiion before the first step, not disappear.

Let's see what you have in mind.

GeoD

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Rose's letter to Joe is way off base

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Damn you are good. I didn't like that girl Rose, I rather had him go out with Laurie or so. But in the end that letter, I missed her....

I still don't understand it either, but your chapters, all seem to end on a high note. So I'm gladly gone read the last chapter now....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4329 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...