The Rose Diaries Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He followed her out of the room with Miss R. hot on his heels. She was trying to remain happy and composed but he could see it fading fast. What exactly was it about Miss A. that terrified her so much? She blinked twice quickly before slapping her cheeks lightly.

"Roxy, it'll be fine." She took a left back up the stairs.

"I feel odd. We don't normally get to bring girls upstairs." Miss R. whispered.

"Special occasion. Maybe Amanda really didn't want to come downstairs for some reason." They walked further up until they had reached the highest floor. He had never been up this high before. The landing was different there was an elevator waiting nearby and a large bulletin board with memos strewn about.

Owners! Please be aware of a house meeting Saturday at 1PM to discuss monthly goals and quotas!

Happy birthday to Umbrielle! To any who can come, cake will be offered at 8PM. (Owners Excluded)

A Reminder that appropriate attire must be worn always when on the lower floors!

Support Team! How can We Assist You? Please stop by my office with any questions, comments or concerns. Xia.

He read each one but remained even more confused. Miss K. took note of his confusion with a scoff.

"Again, there's nothing here for you." She said as she opened the door and welcomed him through it. It was different than the bottom floor. It was relaxed and open resembling something like a dorm. The hallway was flanked with doors and at the end he could see what appeared to be a lounge. He watched as Miss K. and R. looked around nervously before continuing forward. He could hear voices emanating through closed doors though he found it hard to hear anything concrete. The intercom crackled to life as they advanced.

"Whoa! Hiya!" Miss C.'s chipper voice echoed from above.

"Candice? Why not just come out and say hello?" Miss K. laughed.

"No way! I got work to do. Just wanted to say hi to my favorite new girl."

"Is there anyone upstairs?" Miss R.'s voice was almost shaky.

"Nope! Just you three, myself, and the admins. Afternoon meeting should start soon enough so we'll have plenty of people coming back upstairs." Miss C. giggled.

"Hey, Candice, what did Daisy do with my key? They're in-"Miss K. began

"Second floor playroom I know! Daisy let Lily and Belle free and then placed the key on the table. The three of them are talking right now from across the room. Looks really heated. You want the audio Katelynn?"

"Yeah, that'd be good. Okay, we've got to get going. Later!"

"Bye!" They continued down the hall without a single word. Peter took in more and more of his surroundings. There were more bulletin boards, a TV hooked up that showed the house's cameras randomly, and every so often he could catch a glimpse of any of the girls or Miss I. or Miss S. walking by on it.

"So, why-"He didn't get to finish his sentence. Miss K. grabbed him by the neck and threw him against the wall. She wrapped her hands around his throat pinning him there. The wall shook with the impact.

"Not another word. You do not have my permission to speak." He nodded, and she released him before pushing him ahead gently.

"Hey!" A voice came from inside the room nearby. "What the fuck is going on out there?" Her voice was loud and piercing. He recognized it from somewhere though he couldn't place the where. The door flew open and a tanned girl with wavy dark hair emerged. She was angry at first, but her scowl quickly subsided into curiosity as she laid her eyes upon him.

"Peter Baker? Well damn." She said leaning against the wall. She was dressed differently than the others. Instead of the formal look of the women he had seen she simply wore a pair of torn jeans and a white shirt with what appeared to be a woman formed out of a flock of birds. He flinched at his name.

"Sorry Marcy." Miss K. said with a sheepish smile. She quickly hid her bandaged hands behind her back. "I didn't mean to disturb you."

"You better be. Don't bang on my walls again." She looked over with a grin. "And you, Peter, have no business being up here. As much as I do love seeing your face again." He swallowed as he attempted to take a step back. There was something so immediately familiar. So beyond frustrating with how she spoke. He knew he had seen her face before. From the long wavy locks to her almost cold dark eyes. He knew he saw her.

"She's been asked here by Amanda." Miss R. answered before Miss K. could.

"Why isn't he wearing underwear?" Marcy spat back immediately. Peter felt a rush of almost satisfaction at hearing someone refer to him as "he".

"Ask Penelope."

"Not that interested. Give him a name yet?" She tapped her heel against the closing door to stop it.

"Doll." Miss K. spoke up again.

"Awful." She laughed. "So, Doll," She almost started laughing before she could get the joke out. "Okay, Okay, sorry. Doll, if I flash you my tits would you give me a discount on a brand-new webcam? But seriously, can you help me pick out an HD model?"

His eyes widened and before Miss K. or Miss R. could stop him he rushed at her with his hands outstretched. He grabbed hold of her and pushed her against the door with a thud. She laughed as she saw the fury in his eyes. Like he wasn't even a threat to her.

"You!" She had been at his work. Shown up at a slowest part of the day and asked for him directly. They had spoken at length about each other. She wanted something to record herself playing video games. She was apparently a massive fan of the same games that he'd liked. He liked her enough to give her his number in case she had any further questions. She had smiled warmly at him as he did. He had felt a spark, chemistry, and he had bragged at length to his friends about how lucky he had gotten by meeting this girl. He should have fucking known something was up when two hot women wanted his attention in the same fucking week.

"Hiya." She smiled before pushing him away effortlessly. "Sorry, I don't normally get to see the fruits of my labor up close. Jessie usually does. I just had to see you in person. See if the photos matched you. I knew you'd be perfect." He sunk to his knees as more numbness grew from the center of his body.

"Why did you do that?" He whispered as Miss R. helped him back to his feet.

"I wanted to see what it was like to play with you. Feels good! I see why everyone else is so relaxed all the time. You get mad and just hit someone! It's great!"

"Marcela are you sure you don't want to be an owner?" Miss K. looked at her with concern. But she just laughed it off.

"I don't fuck dudes. Not my thing. Besides, the last thing we need is more owners. I've been telling Xia to hire another chef, but she won't listen." Marcela sighed. "Seriously though, don't bang on my walls. I got some delicate things going on."

"Any idea on the next girl?" Miss R. enquired eagerly.

"Daniel Wu." He froze. No, they can't take another piece of him. They can't take his best friend.

"Doll's friend?"

"Yep. Beautiful, has her own style, and easy to manipulate. Plus, she's Asian! We only have two non-white girls. You know that? We have Tulip, who's black, and Jasmine who's Mediterranean. We need more representation for our clientele. I think Daniel would do fine."

"Won't be people notice if both him and Doll go missing?"

"No. Mostly because Daniel is making is so easy for us to bait him. He's so obsessed with Peter you'd think they were lovers."

"Ha!" Miss K. laughed. "I got that from my conversation with him earlier. They even have pet names!"

"Oh, how cute!" Marcela cooed as the two laughed.

"Obsessed how, Marcy?" Miss R. inquired.

"Well, Peter's disappearance wasn't treated like a disappearance. There's no cops or investigations per usual. We're all clear. Except Daniel seems to suspect something and will not drop it. He's attempted numerous times to call Doll as well as attempted to locate her phone. Even his friends are beginning to worry about him. I just have to tug at that thread and watch him unravel. So far, it's been easy."

"Why." He muttered as Miss K. smacked him upside the head.

"Stop talking." He lowered his head as he shook with sorrow.

"Don't fuck up your makeup by crying either." Miss R. added putting her arm around him.

"So, figure a few months or so before we get him here. Think one of you will be ready to move on and take him by then?"

"I don't think so." Miss K. smiled. "Doll is my responsibility. I plan on watching over her for as long as she remains in the house."

"I'd take Daniel for sure. But that's only so I can do some terrible things to them both."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" She crossed her arms and returned to leaning on the wall. He just noticed she was just wearing socks as well.

"I'd force Doll and Daniel to service each other. Beat them when they refused. Best friends in the same house? I'd have them wreck each other's cute little bodies until one of them gives out." Miss R. smiled contently at the idea. Both Miss K. and Marcela laughed.

"You are a piece of work, Roxanne. Alright ladies I must get back to work. I'll see you around for Umbrielle's birthday?"

"Possibly! Mind saving me a slice of cake?"

"Can do, Kat. Later bitches!" She shut the door behind her with a heavy thud. Miss R. and K. exchanged glances before moving forward. The heels had become easier to walk in. Though, he still hated how they felt. Like he was walking for the first time all over again.

"Marcela was unusually vulgar today." Miss K. wondered aloud.

"I'll bet you ten bucks that she was flirting with Daniel online. She always gets in those moods whenever she's so deep into her research she's made contact."

"I'll ask her later. Can you believe Umbrielle's birthday is today? I forgot to ask her to get herself a gift." The two laughed at a joke he did not get.

"I'm not good at keeping track Kit-Kat. I just know yours is February 10th."

"And yours is May 12th."

"Yep! It's coming up soon! I'm excited for this year."

Peter felt...

Well, Peter didn't feel much of anything. His body was so heavy now and he sniffled quietly to himself. It wasn't fair. Of all the people in the world it had to be Daniel. He couldn't let his best friend be subjected to these monsters. He couldn't stand by and just let this happen. But what could he do? What honestly could he do?

He felt the tears roll down his cheek. He whimpered quietly as he took another small step forward. His breath became ragged, his eyes blurry, and he could feel himself slowly slipping away.

"Don't you dare." Miss K.'s command echoed from somewhere above. He fell to his knees and buried his fast in his hands as he hunched over repressed every urge to wail. He gripped his own head tightly as he rocked back and forth.

"Alright, fuck it, let's hear it Doll. What do you have to say?" Miss R.'s voice was clearly irritated. One of them began to tap their foot impatiently.

"Please." He begged from the ground. "Please don't do this. Don't take Daniel. I'll do anything. Anything. Don't take him. Please!"

"Quit your whining. Tell Amanda that yourself. But get your sorry ass off the ground and get moving." Miss R. sighed. He heard one of them walk back to him. A warm hand caressed his head.

"I'm getting sick and tired of babying you every time you throw a tantrum. Should I put you in a diaper and give you a pacifier too?" Miss K.'s soft voice was laced with malice and fury. He continued to remain on the ground.

"Fuck it. If she can't behave then we're done here. I'm going to my room to get my cane. If Doll isn't off the ground by then I'm going to give her twenty cuts." Miss R. growled.

"No, Roxanne." Miss K. sighed. She placed a hand on his shoulder and he felt her lean in closer.

"Do you know what I'm going to do to Daniel when he gets here? I'm going to break him right in front of you. Force you to watch as your best friend becomes a submissive slut who will do anything for me. I bet there's all sorts of things he'll say to get me to stop. Things that you don't want to hear. But!" She paused as he stopped rocking to look up at her. She looked at the same was when she forced herself on him earlier. She kissed him lightly on the forehead when she saw his face once more. Her scowl immediately melted into a tender smile.

"Miss K., please." He begged once more. His voice nearly silent as he choked back tears.

"Just walk and none of that happens. Amanda's office is close by. We'll chat with her and then we'll go downstairs again. I'll feed you some lunch, we'll find something fun to do, and then we'll regroup with my girls for dinner. Okay?" He sniffled as he shakily rose to his feet. He tried to find his center of balance in the heels. A task that, as he bent his knees and rose, was much easier said than done.

"Do you think it'd be possible for me to sit in my room after for a bit?" His words made her smile as she took him gingerly by the hand and began to lead him forward.

"Of course, my pretty little Doll, we can do anything you'd like after this." She squeezed his hand once. "Thank you for listening." He nodded.

"How did you do that?" Miss R. inquired with a puzzled look as she scrutinized him.

"Now where's the fun in telling you my secrets, Roxy?" Miss K. winked.

The hall had remained clear and devoid of life as the advanced further in. He realized as he saw similar plaques hanging on a row of doors that this was where the women lived. They had a small kitchen of their own, but it felt considerably more lived in than any of the downstairs. There was a book with a dragon on the front that had a blonde princess wielding a gigantic sword discarded on the couch. Written in black ink on a piece of tape read

Property of Ophelia. He had never heard that name before. Nor Umbrielle, Xia, or even Marcela. He pulled Miss K.'s sleeve lightly to get her attention.

"Yes?" She turned to face him.

"May I speak?" Her entire face brightened as she heard him ask.

"Of course. But use your indoor voice."

"Miss K., I was curious of how many people live here."

"Well Doll," She said with a small laugh. "How many letters are in the alphabet?"

"Twenty-six."

"There's your answer." She smiled at him. He glanced around quickly. There were twenty-six people who lived here?

"There are twenty-six Misses?!" He nearly shouted as Miss R. laughed loudly picking up Ophelia's book.

"No, there's only twenty-four of us." She skimmed the back cover before tossing it back down.

"Only?!" He couldn't contain his shock. How in the hell would he escape being watched by twenty-four of them? The two of them laughed before Miss K. motioned him to continue.

"It's actually much smaller than that. Out of those twenty-four, the ones like Miss B., P., and S. are only eight. Roxanne and I included."

"There's at least five of us you'll never meet." Miss R. interjected.

"Four now. She met Marcela." Miss K. corrected. The lounge exited into another short hallway of doors. But Miss K. directed his attention to the small spiral staircase towards the back of the room. He sighed loudly as he followed them up using the railing to support himself for dear life. He prayed for flat ground again. At the very top was another door that Miss K. cleared her throat and rapped twice loudly on it.

"Amanda?" She called and waited. Miss R. tapped her foot as they stood clustered on the stairs.

"Come in!" Miss A. finally called back, and she opened the door for him and he entered first.

It was a massive dome shaped office. There was nothing too fancy about it. Except for the large polished mahogany desk that Miss A. sat behind. She extended an empty hand to the seats in front of her as Miss K. and R. entered quickly after him.

"Good afternoon Miss A." He was quick to do it this time. She glanced over at him and satisfied with something she nodded.

"If only it were. Please ladies take a seat. Doll just sit on the floor if you must."

"Hello Amanda." Miss K. said quickly taking one of the two seats. Peter sat down behind them. He sighed in relief from getting off his feet.

"Can you control her, or does she need to be gagged?" Miss A. asked aloud. Miss K. shook her head.

"Doll can behave herself. If she doesn't," She sucked in some air between her teeth. "Well there will be consequences."

"Good to know. Let's get started on this meeting. Doll, I never let a girl up here. But I decided to make an exception for you." She reached into her desk and pulled out a file. A similar file to the one Miss I. had on her desk.

"Thank you-"

"Shut up. This is not a pleasant meeting. This is a disciplinary hearing." She placed the file down her desk.

Then without a single bit of hesitation, she retrieved a pistol and placed it down on top. Peter didn't know how to react to it, so he laughed instead. Miss A. cocked an eyebrow as she pulled back the slide in clear view to show him it was loaded already. She placed it back down.

"Fucking hell." Miss R. muttered under her breath. She was panicking too. She looked to Miss K. for reassurance, but her friend just remained still as stone. The TV on her wall turned on and an image of last night's events played out on repeat. He saw himself and Miss K. through the lens of a camera. His heart sank when he saw himself reach towards the table. He knew exactly what this was all about. He didn't bother to look at the footage any longer. He looked down.

"Explain this." Miss A. ordered. The room fell into silence.

"Amanda- "Miss K. tried to begin but Miss A. snapped her fingers to catch his attention.

"Not you, Katelynn. I'm so sorry that this happened to you." She snapped once more back to him. "Doll! Explain yourself." He looked back at the TV. The footage was looping.

"I," He stammered. He shook his head. He could hear his heart pounding in his ears. "I'm sorry."

"Yes, you are. Explain what I am seeing on my television." She moved the gun aside making sure his eyes were on it the entire time.

"It's me." He spat out.

"And?"

"And Miss K."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm picking up a knife." He nearly burst into tears. He clutched his chest as he began to sweat. He was never good under pressure.

"Why?" She placed her hand back on the grip of the pistol. He felt tears well in his eyes. She wouldn't! Was this where he would die?

"I don't know."

"Yes, you do. Why did you pick up that knife?" Her voice was raising in volume. Miss K. was clenching her fists on her lap. Miss R.'s eyes show between him and Miss A.

"I was going to stab Miss K." He whispered. She slammed her hand down on the desk.

"Speak up!"

"I WAS GOING TO STAB MISS K." He broke out into tears. He sobbed as she placed the gun away.

"Good. Doesn't it feel good to confess? You understand that this is the second time you've attempted violence in less than a week."

"Yes." He blurted out.

"Second?" Miss K. looked to Miss A. in confusion.

"Doll injured Isabelle. The footage is missing which I suspect Candice had a hand in, but I am not dumb. Ophelia says it's nothing serious. I want to be frank: I'm selling Doll."

"What?"

"You can't." Said Miss K. and R. in both confusion and protest.

"Why not? She's violent, uncooperative, and devious. I already buried one of my friends because a girl like that. I will not bury another."

"I'm sorry. It was my fault." Miss K. sighed.

"I do not blame you. You have a stellar track record. I think you've punished yourself enough." She motioned to Miss K.'s bloodied bandaged hands.

"Who's the buyer?"

"Mr. Brown. He'll be here in two days to examine Doll. Remember him?"

"Yes. I do." Miss K. shuddered.

"He offered me a significant amount of money for her. Since she's a liability I didn't refuse him immediately. In your opinions, do you think Doll should stay?" It was terrifying how quickly she could control her anger.