All Comments on 'The Rosewood Box'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments (Page 2)
Phoenix2019Phoenix2019over 2 years ago

Oh yeah forgot in My rant. RichardBedfordWhite. Thank you for writing....My bad

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Really good story till the Allison part. Feel sorry for Jon as she will stray again....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes, I really enjoyed this story. It was really believable. I just don't care about what happened to the cheating wife. I just skipped her story and went straight to the last page.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 2 years ago

Elements of this story were spectacular. But it was far too convoluted and so massively over detailed i had lost interest by half way and slim read the remainder Even skimming i got the whole story. Brutal honesty you ruined a very good plot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Didn't care for the long, too long, part of Allison's story at the end. Not interested in the cheaters story.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

WTF??? Here I am avidly reading a great love story and you switch to Allison the sociopathic slut whore who proceeds to freefall into a black hole of debauchery... Thus I am left with the salient question as to exactly WTF are you trying to do here author??? A rabbit trail is fun but having over half the story refocus on an utterly irrelevant side story without ANY transition whatsoever causes the reader to wonder who the heck is the tale about.. This reader still cannot believe how utterly convoluted this chaotic mess of mashed potatoes got by the "end." Gotta confess...that I have no clue exactly what the heck this mess of a tale is actually about.

1 star....Don't lose the day job there sport...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was way too long and filled with 90% BS. Forget all the fill and give us the meat.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

Thank goodness... I wasn't the *only* one who skimmed a chunk of the story...

One. After the *first* time she told her "stalker" to knock it off, especially using work email or else, she should have gone to HR at the second.

Two. At no point did she remember her husband's warning about the guy, even when he started acting just as he'd warned her.

3. For a woman who destroyed her life by way of sexual experimentation, it's amazing that she isn't totally gun shy about experimenting...

4. Face it, we don't really care too much about things working out for a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Long stories are really fine, even enjoyable; just remember who the MC is you flapped about like a dying fish out of water. In all fairness it was readable, enjoyable maybe not. Still it's your tale so thanks for the submission.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayalmost 2 years ago

Balance of Sex and the rest of the story was off kiltered

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Disappointing to say the least. Somewhat interesting for the first 5 or 6 pages, then downhill. It seems volume was added to I’ve it’s more readable story. Except this went off the tracks after that. No where near one of your normal quality works a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nothing against long stories when they're engaging reads. This wasn't one of them.

Had to skim the last few pages. Wasn't at all interested in the introduction of new characters at the end. You could have left them blank slates and just referred to them and it would work.

Overall the story rated little more than a meh. The husband saw the affair developing for over 2 years and did absolutely fucking nothing? I find that pretty hard to believe.

He had two years to head it off, but he did jack shit. That's no way too live.

jocko_smithjocko_smithalmost 2 years ago

You're a good writer, but this really needed to be several stories, not just one.

The beginning arc was fine, and it could even have used a part 2 to wrap up Allison's next six months post-divorce.

But overall, there were too many people, too much going on, and the delineations between them blurred. Honestly, the whole theme shifted and I lost interest and skimmed.

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 2 years ago

The female characters on The Flinstones were Wilma (Fred's wife) and Betty ( Barney's wife)..... and of course, Pebbles.

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

Why are we all surprised when an individual reverts to type, they manage to pay lip service for a while (a long while in this case) but when opportunity knocks…well shit tends to hit the proverbial.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
This seemed rather pointless.

The woman cheats, the guy’s a hero, he falls into a brand new relationship within a week after leaving his wife, and it’s the best relationship in the world. Why don’t you just have him win $1 billion at the same time? I mean, it doesn’t actually decrease the odds by very much.

I think you should consider the difference between stories, and ridiculously unlikely male fantasies. Additionally, if they’re this pointless, do they have to be so long?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overly long, though I skimmed thru her cheating and orgy scenes. I was happy that they found committed partners. However, still overly long despite lacking much in terms of reactions from others such as their boys.

jlg07jlg07over 1 year ago

Good story and you did try to eventually restore Allison, but i still found her to be too skanky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great start, but I lost track of the story when you introduced so many new characters

avidfaavidfaover 1 year ago
I went to buy a slushie

and passed a number of people on the way. Here is the life story of each and every one, including bios of all of their relatives. I think there is a story somewhere in all of this.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

The story of a slut, who lost everything and deservedly so

Then gets caught up with two hedonists and begins gangbanging for fun. Remarries again, but in my mind will get bored with one cock and cheat again.

Yeah, life goes on…… scores 3/5 just

Finn80561Finn80561about 1 year ago

Too long for that incredibly weak ending. She ends up with zero consequences for being a pos whore. She cheated. She cheats. She will cheat. She’s a cheater. She’s a cheater because she likes it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That was an okay story, but it went on too long and eventually seemed like two or three stories wrapped up under one.

WargamerWargamer6 months ago

Read it again and readjusted my score downwards to 2/5.

She won way too much in your story, rewarded for poor behaviour.

Now 2/5

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wow, a bit of a mess, yeah?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous