The Rural Posting Ch. 02

Story Info
Shipra's Ordeal : Crossroads of Conscience.
1.3k words
2.43
2.8k
2

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 04/29/2024
Created 04/28/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Shipra left the office, the weight of Mr. Toppo's offer hung heavily in the air. Stepping onto the bustling streets, the city sounds contrasted sharply with the tension she'd just experienced. Walking quickly, conflicting thoughts raced through her mind. On one hand, the promise of a shortcut to her long-desired and much needed promotion was tempting. Yet, her principles and ethics vehemently opposed such compromises. She recalled instances from her early corporate days when colleagues, even close friends, slept their way to quick promotions and raise.

In typical circumstances, Shipra would have directly confronted Mr. Toppo and even reported him for sexual harassment. However, her current situation was complicated due to the decision she and her husband made last year. Alok, Shipra's husband, who worked at the same bank and held the same position of Senior Manager as her, cleared the prelims of the prestigious UPSC exam. Confident in her husband's potential, Shipra convinced him to resign from his job and fully devote himself to preparing for the UPSC mains. Providing him with unwavering support in his pursuit of becoming a civil servant, Shipra and Alok thoroughly discussed their financial responsibilities and future prospects. Eventually, Alok chose to follow Shipra's plan, reassured by her belief that her upcoming promotion would ensure financial stability for them to comfortably handle their expenses.

Shipra hesitated at the crossroads, both literal and metaphorical, pausing to center herself amidst emotional chaos. In the midst of her confusion, she reached out to her close friend Namrata to release her frustration and seek advice regarding her decision for breaking the news to Alok.

Shipra: "Hey, Namrata, could you meet me at our usual spot at 8?"

Namrata: "Sure, Shipra. Is everything okay? You sound a bit off."

Shipra: "I will tell you in person."

Namrata: "Ok, i will be there."

Namrata is Shipra's BFF who used to work with her in an IT company before Shipra resigned and joined the bank. They are like sisters, they share everything with each other and are each other's support.

Shipra arrived at their usual spot, a cozy café tucked away from the city's hustle and bustle. As she settled into her seat, Namrata arrived, concern evident in her expression.

Namrata: "Hey, Shipra. You sounded really troubled over the phone. What's going on?"

Shipra took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before speaking. Shipra then explain her situation from denied promotion to Toppo's proposition of taking a favour.

Namrata's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Namrata: "What do you mean, a favor? What did he offer?"

Shipra hesitated, unsure how much to reveal about Toppo's proposition.

Shipra: "To be blunt that despicable, ugly, fat bastard wants to sleep with me. He made his intentions clear through the subtle double meaning wordplay." Shipra fumed in anger clutching her fist just at the thought of Toppo.

Namrata leaned forward, concern etched on her face.

Namrata asked, "So, What are your plans?" inquired Namrata.

Shipra replied with frustration, "You know my situation, my mind isn't functioning right now, which is why I reached out to you."

Namrata then suggested, "Shipra, listen to me and try not to get upset. Given Alok's situation and your future plans, maybe it's worth compromising on your principles for this once and considering Toppo's offer."

Shipra was taken aback by her friend's suggestion. She responded sharply, "Namrata, what on earth are you saying? How could you even suggest that?"

Ignoring Shipra's reaction, Namrata pressed on, "Shipra, be practical. It is not that you didn't had other sexual partner beside Alok. Back in our early years of corporate life you had quite a torrid affair with Vi....."

Shipra's emotional turmoil surged like a tempest within her as Namrata uttered the name of her ex-boyfriend. Shipra abruptly interrupted Namrata, she couldn't bear to hear even the name of her ex-boyfriend, a sudden terror gripped her from recollection of past. With a sharp edge of anger in her voice, Shipra snapped, "Namrata, I've warned you repeatedly not to bring up the past. That's not why I'm here. Just because I've had previous relationships doesn't imply I lack morals."

Shipra has been keeping a significant secret from Namrata: her romantic entanglements with her boyfriend and their subsequent abrupt breakup. She has not disclosed the complete details of that phase of her life to anyone, Not even Alok. Those close to Shipra only know they split because of his infidelity. Despite Namrata's persistent inquiries and attempts to coax the truth out of her, Shipra has consistently skirted around the topic, refusing to divulge the details. This undisclosed aspect of Shipra's life remains a mystery to Namrata, who is unaware of the true nature of Shipra's relationship history.

Realizing her mistake, Namrata apologized, "I'm sorry, Shipra. Please calm down. I'm just trying to paint a bigger picture here. This is a crucial point in your and Alok's life. Even if Alok succeeds in his exams, it will still take at least 2 years for him to start earning. Right now, you're burdened with multiple loans, Alok's coaching expenses, Aarav's education (Shipra's 5 year old son), and so on. How will you manage? Do not let your morals dictate your actions, Shipra; adhering rigidly to them may not yield benefits in today's world. Think about yourself and your family's future."

Namrata's blunt words painfully exposed the harsh reality, plunging Shipra into deeper despair. She started considering how her life could potentially simplify just by accepting Toppo's indecent proposal. The idea that a single night of no string attached sex with him could alleviate all her burdens crossed her mind. But picturing herself with that ugly man in a bed involved in carnal activities sent a shiver down her spine.

Sensing her friend's inner turmoil and distress, Namrata attempted to inject some lightness, giving Shipra a knowing wink as she remarked, "You should be proud of yourself Shipra, even at 33 men are leering at you. Just give Toppo taste of your sweet nectar and he'll not only secure your promotion but also arrange a favorable posting. It's a win-win scenario, and no one would ever need to find out. It could just be a day of mindless sex and who knows you might enjoy it too, getting some proper action after a long time."

Shipra's expression turned from shock to disbelief, her eyes widening in incredulity.

Shipra: "Namrata, this is not the time for jokes! This is serious."

Namrata's attempt at humor fell flat in the face of Shipra's distress, and she quickly realized her mistake.

Namrata: "I'm sorry, Shipra. I didn't mean to make light of the situation. I understand this is important to you, and I'm here to support you, no matter what."

Shipra sighed, shaking her head.

Shipra: "I appreciate your perspective, Namrata, but there's something about Toppo's proposal that doesn't sit right with me. I can't shake this nagging feeling that he is not doing all this just to have a one night stand with me. There is something more to it."

Namrata raised an eyebrow, intrigued.

Namrata: "What do you mean"

Shipra: "I don't know it's just a feeling."

Namrata nodded, understanding dawning in her eyes.

Namrata: "I see your point, Shipra. Trust your instincts on this one. If you feel like it's not the right move, then it probably isn't. However, I'd advise against sharing the details about Toppo and his offer with Alok. I don't think he'll take it well. It's just a minor setback, and I'm sure you and Alok will emerge even stronger from this. It's only a matter of time before you get promoted."

Shipra smiled gratefully, relieved to have her friend's support.

Shipra: "Thanks, Namrata. I needed to hear that. I'll figure something out."

Namrata playfully teased, "So, Shipra, if it were a handsome hunk instead of Toppo, would you have said yes?"

Shipra chuckled, playfully hitting Namrata. "Maybe," she replied, biting her tongue.

"That's the Shipra I know! Let's have one more drink before I take you home."

Namrata squeezed Shipra's hand reassuringly, and Shipra mouthed a thank you.

Namrata: "Anytime, Shipra. Just remember, I've got your back, no matter what."